Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Re: Random posting

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:06 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:52 pm
But would they have GDB there? Sorry, couldn't resist.

I applied for unemployment insurance on June 14th and finally got approval today. Still waiting for the payments to be deposited at my credit union.
GDB is rather vanilla in comparison to the events my wife helps with 🤣.

Glad to hear you’re getting some unemployment. You deserve it for sure

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:07 pm

Interesting. If you walk off the job in Ohio, you don't get unemployment. You have to be laid off or fired for non criminal reasons.

Getting fired for walking off or not calling off doesn't count....
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:24 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:07 pm
Interesting. If you walk off the job in Ohio, you don't get unemployment. You have to be laid off or fired for non criminal reasons.

Getting fired for walking off or not calling off doesn't count....
7-8-22 letter from the Indiana Department of Workforce Development:

"Issue Involved: Voluntarily left employment without good cause in connection with the work.

Circumstances of Case
The claimant quit due to job dissatisfaction. Information provided supports the allegation the working conditions had actual or potential adverse effects on the claimant. The claimant made reasonable attempts to resolve the dissatisfaction prior to quitting.

Conclusion of Case
The claimant voluntarily left employment with good cause in connection with the work. It has been established the working conditions were detrimental to the claimant and justified the claimant's separation. In accordance with IC-22-4-15-1, no penalty is imposed under these circumstances. The claimant is qualified.

Legal Result of Case
CLAIMANT: NO PENALTY APPLIES AS A RESULT OF THIS ISSUE."

"RIGHT OF APPEAL: THIS DETERMINATION WILL BECOME FINAL ON 07/18/2022 IF NOT APPEALED."

After filing on June 14th, I finally received four unemployment payments today.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Pizzacrust
n00b

Post by Pizzacrust » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:12 pm

I started a progress log on my Neon. Not sure where this project is headed but like my old Neon, I'll probably just keep it stock lol. Maybe I'll add a turbo but that's down the road.
2001 Dodge Neon R/T
2008 Volkswagen R32
My old sig, thanks Jason :lol:

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:51 am

Pizzacrust wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:12 pm
I started a progress log on my Neon. Not sure where this project is headed but like my old Neon, I'll probably just keep it stock lol. Maybe I'll add a turbo but that's down the road.
Glad to see you back buddy! Some driveability mods, maybe some "fun living mods" and performance down the road and you'll be set my dude 8). BTW, There's a cars and Coffee event Hagan and I are going to on Sunday in Monrovia, MD. You are more than welcome to come if you want. It runs from 9-11 AM at 11113 W Baldwin RD, Monrovia, MD 21770.

950 miles on the NYG as of this morning when I got to work. I'm not sure what phrase to call it, it's not a rebuild, it's not a restoration, but it's back on the road after 9 years.

Resurrection I guess?

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:55 am

INVUJerry wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:51 am
950 miles on the NYG as of this morning when I got to work. I'm not sure what phrase to call it, it's not a rebuild, it's not a restoration, but it's back on the road after 9 years.

Resurrection I guess?
A "welcome to return to DD status" perhaps?

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:35 pm

I guess both phrases work lol.

Ended up with over 1100 miles on it last night. I ended up doing some running around after I got home and then we to hang out with some friends. Taking it to a cars and coffee event tomorrow. Putting together my video on it now, there’s a lot I missed because I just ended up turning up the stereo and getting work done vs trying to film everything. Hopefully it’ll be pretty good.

2k1MotorSport
2011 Gold Contributor

Post by 2k1MotorSport » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:11 pm

Just happy to see your happy about it running great and having fun with it. Also glad to see my block is still going strong.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

-Scott

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:28 am

Three job interviews today- wish me luck.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:33 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:28 am
Three job interviews today- wish me luck.
Good luck David! You deserve it! Hopefully they're lucrative so you can be with us again next year!
2k1MotorSport wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:11 pm
Just happy to see your happy about it running great and having fun with it. Also glad to see my block is still going strong.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks Scott! It was great seeing you at Carlisle even if we didn't get to talk as much as I wanted to. I'd like to get an Eastern PA/NJ thing happen before next Carlisle so we can see each other's faces!

BTW, got my video done. It's a little shaky in parts, I didn't film as cohesively as I would've liked, and I ran into some problems doing editing, but I think overall it turned out okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo0YCndcRGQ

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:33 pm

I respect you guys that have all that hair and all that facial hair. that would drive me bonkers during the hot months. I would shave it all off! clean shaven and buzzcut for me, feels sooo good. :P

08 Acura TL-S

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:33 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:33 pm
I respect you guys that have all that hair and all that facial hair. that would drive me bonkers during the hot months. I would shave it all off! clean shaven and buzzcut for me, feels sooo good. :P
I’ve decided I’m not bald yet, so I’m going to grow my hair out one last time lol. And the beard has never bothered my face. I mainly just notice it being cold after I trim it lol. Only time I get a buzz cut is when someone fucks up my hair cut and that’s been 6 years. I hate it! lol

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:37 pm

And beards are facial insulation in the winter. LOL

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:29 am

Yep lol, last time I trimmed my face it was the winter and I was so cold walking through the parking lot. Never again!

Worked overtime yesterday and it started drizzling as I was leaving work. I had finally changed the wipers on the neon so I went to use them...and the wiper motor DIED >:( and this is right after I rebuilt all the linkage for the wipers on my wagon finally after like 4 years of them being broken.

Pretty mad. I've never had a wiper motor die on a neon, but I guess it is 27 years old now...it's becoming time.

I'm also plotting doing a Turbo-Dodge style master cylinder and deleting the vacuum booster. I just like how manual brake setups look in the engine bay, how empty it looks. I'm even considering doing a battery relocate, except that I'd have to wire in a solenoid for when I take it to the track so I can have a battery shutoff.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:56 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:33 pm
I’ve decided I’m not bald yet
Yeah, me too.
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:46 pm

Yeah lots of people i know but not all, that start losing their hair they will start to grow a bunch of facial hair when they never had it before. Like to make up for going bald? My hair is thinning on top but I like to stay cool during the summer and don't care what others think. clean shaven for me!

08 Acura TL-S

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:10 am

I've head a beard pretty much since high school but didn't grow it this long until after my hair fell out.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:01 am

I was jealous of my brother because when we were in highschool, he could grow a full beard at 16, while I couldn't grow a beard until I was 25. I haven't been clean shaven since 2010 lol.

My hair is thinning up front, but it's not that much worse from when I cut my hair off in 2015 for a job interview. I missed 2 haircut appointments, so I just decided to grow it out again. I figure I'll stop wearing a hat all the time once my bangs reach my chin, I'm getting close.

Ended up driving the NYG 280 miles just yesterday, it's been pretty good to me other than when it didn't want to start at a railroad crossing.

Been trying to keep my project log over on .org updated. Been considering doing a manual brake swap on the NYG, just because I like how empty it makes the engine bay look lol. Might end up doing rhinoline or something in the trunk this weekend.

https://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p3566582

Pizzacrust
n00b

Post by Pizzacrust » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:29 pm

Hope things are going well with the job search David.

If I ever see an NYG roaming around, more than likely it has to be Jerry. Don't see these things around anymore.

As for beards, it'll probably take the rest of my life to even grow one lol.
2001 Dodge Neon R/T
2008 Volkswagen R32
My old sig, thanks Jason :lol:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:49 am

Pizzacrust wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:29 pm
Hope things are going well with the job search David.
First job interview on Tuesday was a complete waste of time- part-time job when I had applied for a full-time one- pharmacy technician. I am going to give up on finding a position at a drug store as they apparently don't want to hire qualified people (I have been Indiana state certified since 2003). The second job- I got hired and start on the 15th- my first "management" position ever. Oddly enough, of the three, this was the one that I had the least faith in as far as getting a job. The last interview was for "Environmental Services" (fancy term for janitor) at a local hospital but I got a rejection notice from them yesterday.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:34 am

congrats on the new job though! hope there isn't too much stress being mgmt. lots of job opportunities out here in kansas city area. everyone seems to be hiring out here and wages are going up. (they kind of have to)

jerry, any idea why it died at the rail road crossing? ASD fuse? That is what happened to my 99 coupe, twice. No idea what caused it, usually after a wide open throttle pull. I think it had something to do with that noise suppressor thing on the cylinder head.

yeah screw haircuts. I haven't paid for a haircut in like 10 years or so. due to just getting buzzcuts by my wife. can only imagine how much money i saved.

08 Acura TL-S

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:48 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:34 am
congrats on the new job though! hope there isn't too much stress being mgmt. lots of job opportunities out here in kansas city area. everyone seems to be hiring out here and wages are going up. (they kind of have to)
Thanks! I don't know about the stress level- I guess that I will find out. The upcoming job still pays less than the one I had for 18+ years but it does pay $3.50 more per hour than the one I have been working since July 18th.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:56 pm

nice! More money is always good. I am getting a $1 hr raise + 82 cent COLA raise on August 1st. looking forward to that. help my higher mortgage payment out since my escrow went up.

08 Acura TL-S

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:12 pm

It is very odd for me to change jobs so frequently. I have had three full-time jobs since 1987 and now I'll have two jobs in two months.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:16 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:34 am
jerry, any idea why it died at the rail road crossing? ASD fuse? That is what happened to my 99 coupe, twice. No idea what caused it, usually after a wide open throttle pull. I think it had something to do with that noise suppressor thing on the cylinder head.
Well, I had turned it off to save some gas since I know the train takes a while, I had sat for a few minutes and it wouldn't restart even though the battery voltage was fine. It didn't restart when I was at my buddy's shop until I bumped the relay a bunch of times. But it hasn't given me an issue since.

Over the weekend I had a strut top blow out on the car. Then, while disassembling it to replace it, I noticed the koni strut was leaking pretty bad. It wasn't blown completely, but it was on it's way out. I took one of the koni struts off the back of my wife's 1gn, with a promise that I replace it with the same, or better. I have a feeling I'll be putting on ebay SRT-4 coilovers on her car this fall when I replace the engine and all the things I've robbed off of it.

I broke the engine in her car last fall, and just never got back around to fixing it even though I had planned on it. I think my plan at this point, is to just grab a dual cam motor and swap that in for her. I'd like to 2.4 swap it, but I want to keep the PS and AC, and that's nearly impossible without a bunch of fabrication being done.

Also, I'm rolling ideas around in my head for the NYG. The engine I'm using is really on borrowed time. I just passed 3K miles, and it burned 2 quarts of oil. The first week, it seemed to do pretty well the first week, but the second 2 weeks I drove it a bit harder and it consumed a lot more oil. I'm thinking of doing a DOHC piston, magnum head combo which would get the compression to around 10.3:1, which is pretty fun. I'd add the crane 16/007 cam I have at that point which would make it a pretty fun ride. In the back of my head, I know I wanted to do a power adder, I have a nitrous kit that I used on my old coupe, but I think a turbo SOHC would be fantastic. I could even make a stock bottom end last a while until I can save up for some forged pistons and then really turn the boost up on it :lol:. This is just some day dreaming though. Car is still getting me to and from, and I'm plenty happy with that for now.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:02 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:48 am
The upcoming job still pays less than the one I had for 18+ years but it does pay $3.50 more per hour than the one I have been working since July 18th.
Starting a new job after 34 plus years at the same place is fun also. Going from 6 weeks vacation to 1 after a year....

Don't get another week until 5 years.

But hopefully I will be retired by then. Just have to figure out health insurance until I get old enough for Medicare.

Being less than 5 miles from home, and the other perks they have for attendance, more than makes up for the $3.25 less an hour.

I was so happy I didn't have the drive while the gas prices were up. Filling a few gas cans for the mower was bad enough... I couldn't imagine doing that every week.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:21 pm

That’s crazy too Bill, and frustrating I’m sure.

I’ve been with my current company for 6 years at this point. 3 different government contracts, with another rollover about to happen. I’ve heard good and bad things about the new “prime” on the job I’m on now. I’m hoping it rolls over and I get a raise. At worst guess, it’ll be more strict and my pay will stay the same. I’m currently too valuable to be let go at my job with my strange amount of knowledge I have.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:24 pm

I hadn't planned to quit my last "grown-up" job when I did, especially since I had just started my 19th year in April. I had begun looking around for a new job last December but I had had no luck until Speedway hired me for a teenager's job in July. I quit that job yesterday and will start my next "grown-up" job on Monday. Less pay than the last "grown-up" job but no more driving for a living (I was driving 195 miles daily and then had added another 95 miles with the commute after I moved in April).

My former supervisor yelled at me one time too many (pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back) so I walked out. My offense? His supervisor was in town from St. Louis and I spoke with him about, since gas prices are up, whether or not corporate would increase the amount being deducted from our pay for the take-home vehicle benefit and possible ways to combat this (like regularly scheduled pickups where nothing was picked up- a waste of time and mileage). He agreed with me and said that he would discuss this with my supervisor. Bingo- an email about my "going outside the chain of command" and then the yelling. Oh well, I hope that he found someone as good as me to take my place- I know that the clients on my old route liked the good customer service that I had provided for years.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:08 am

So, Tuesday my exhaust where I had clamped it together just to get it to Carlisle split apart again, after splitting on Sunday. I busted out my Harbor Freight welder and booger welded it together. My welds are starting to finally look better (less like bubble gum mess, more like welds). Yesterday, my best friend posted on facebook that two meth heads tried to steal the cat off of his Honda Element. After work I loaded my crappy welder and some stuff into the NYG and drove to Baltimore to take care of it for him. I didn't get many pics, one side looks halfway decent, the other side where there was a decent gap, it looks pretty bad. When I finished up the first time, there was a leak. A couple zaps later and it was fixed up. He ended up giving me some money which I didn't expect, but it was a nice gesture.

I ended up getting home around 10:15, but didn't get to sleep til after 11, and back up at 4:15. I'm tired today.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:49 am

That was really nice of you to help!

Well, more bad luck. I had what was supposed to have been my last exam with my eye surgeon yesterday and ended up having laser surgery on my right eye (the retina had once again started to detach). He said that there is a 75% success rate for the laser surgery but I have to return next Wednesday to see whether or not I have to have the complete surgery (like I had in April) again. Today, I am taking an excuse note to my new supervisor to tell her that the doctor doesn't want me to start working next Monday and that we will have to wait until Wednesday to see when I can start my new job. I sure hope that my new supervisor is understanding.

UPDATE: My new supervisor told me to get back with her next Wednesday so I can be scheduled to start my new job. Boy, am I fortunate to have found such an understanding lady!

FURTHER UPDATE: To add insult to injury, I received two emails this afternoon, one an outright rejection from ALDI Supermarkets (the seventh rejection from them and this one AFTER an earlier email in July congratulating me on advancing a step towards a job by qualifying for an upcoming in-person interview which, of course, never happened) and the other asking for a phone interview for a job that I applied for on July 6th. Of course, this means that that employer hired and fired someone in the meantime so they are now contacting me. Forget both of them! If I don't get the job that is waiting for me, I'm going to go ahead and try for Social Security and retire (with disability benefits if I lose the sight in my right eye). I have been applying for jobs since last December and I'm through with being rejected by all employers for everything that I have tried to get.

Return to “Off-Topic”