My 06 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
calmb4dastorm
n00b

My 06 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged

Post by calmb4dastorm » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:12 pm

Thought I'd throw these on here to get some input.

The grill has yet to be finished. I'm waiting for the paint to get here. And the top mesh isn't sitting like it's supposed to. Also, I'm working on a brcket for the lisense plat. I have it on with zip ties to get an idea of how it looks before I take the time to make a bracket.

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:19 pm

Cool, looks 10000XXX better without any wings.

Can you explain the differences of all the Cobalts to me? They confuse the hell out of me. Cause I see SS's with the little wing and some SS's with the rice wing. And the SS and SS S/C etc.. why bother making 2 SS's?

Oh and whats up with your JDM hood tilt?
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

phenomeneon21
2GN Member

Post by phenomeneon21 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:46 pm

love it...i've always liked the way those look, great replacement for the cavalier...Only thing I dont like is the JDM hood tilt and that mesh...ditch the mesh and make the hood level again would be my only complaints, other than that, beautiful...
2007 Subaru WRX STi

03sxt
Former Jr. Admin

Post by 03sxt » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:52 pm

Ohs noes! It's baccckkk!!

OMGWTFJDMHOODTILTFTL!!!

Nice car, but fix the damn hood. :thumbup:

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:14 pm

Yeah, the JDM tilt has to go. I don't mind the mesh. That's honestly the best lookin SS Cobalt I've seen! I love that color!
-Brodie
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

lambostealth
2GN Member

Post by lambostealth » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:05 pm

Don't ever post pics here again until you fix your fucked up hood, I mean really, EVERYONE that sees your car on the road looks at it and says, "that car would have looked cool before the accident", that is EXACTLY what people think happened, the people that know what happened laugh because it's a chevy with a JDM tilt.

Thats hideous.
-Chris
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!
Hahn Turbo, Portfueler, 3"downpipe, BC Coilovers........ahh who cares.SOLD
2001 BMW 530I
2007 Honda Accord
1988 Ford F-150

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:44 pm

supertrick_05 wrote:Yeah, the JDM tilt has to go
That was my first qoute too when I saw the pics....

quicksilvr
Former Moderator

Post by quicksilvr » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:44 pm

Everyone just calm down. :lol: Nice car dude. Hood tilt doesn't look so great, but the color is VERY nice. You can post as many pics as you want, we've all seen much worse than a tilted hood. But I guess if ya wanna post lots of pics, you better get a neon or something made by Mopar. 8)
-Dave
2001 Dodge Neon R/T

J-Villa
2GN Veteran

Post by J-Villa » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:39 pm

lambo you are starting to take it to far....please tone it down....
Wanna Sell Me Your 2gn??
Official I sold my Neon Member #004

oklamopar
2GN Member

Post by oklamopar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:44 pm

Most definitely a great color. dont understand the hood tilt.
glad they replaced the cav. Not into bow ties. enjoy your car.
Mopar Or No Car
GOD Allows U-Turns!
2002 R/T "Blackula" SOLD
1998 Neon Sport. wife's
2003 SRT-4 .FRANKENSTEIN. S1 "SOLD"
1998.5 Ram 3500 Quad-cab 4x2 DWR
1969 Dodge D100 SWB

quicksilvr
Former Moderator

Post by quicksilvr » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:47 pm

oklamopar wrote:Most definitely a great color. dont understand the hood tilt.
glad they replaced the cav. Not into bow ties. enjoy your car.

Nicely said!!!! =D>
-Dave
2001 Dodge Neon R/T

lolelectricbluesxt
2GN Member

Post by lolelectricbluesxt » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:32 pm

lambostealth wrote:I'm not biased, I have an appreciation of all performance enthusists cars, but when they do something as rediculous as that, the asshole in me comes out.
Did you like, totally miss OB's car at the meet? :o

2003silverneonsxt
2GN Member

Post by 2003silverneonsxt » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:36 pm

i cleaned this thread up...PLEASE KEEP IT that way or i will lock this thread.. no more bashing cause of JDM HOOD TILT...if you dont like it..say so and move on.. lets not call people names and stuff cause of it...

and LOLelectricbluesxt.. lets not keep the fire going...thanks!
hmmmmm

01rtgurl
2GN Member

Post by 01rtgurl » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:46 pm

2003silverneonsxt wrote:i cleaned this thread up...PLEASE KEEP IT that way or i will lock this thread.. no more bashing cause of JDM HOOD TILT...if you dont like it..say so and move on.. lets not call people names and stuff cause of it...

dude did u delete my post?
fusion210: Everytime I ride in a car you're driving I try to make it the last time. D:

2003silverneonsxt
2GN Member

Post by 2003silverneonsxt » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:47 pm

no i didnt delete ur post..

i deleted 2 from lambo and 2 from glasswars..that was it
hmmmmm

01rtgurl
2GN Member

Post by 01rtgurl » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:49 pm

where the heck did my post go?! owned by the computers at school :(
fusion210: Everytime I ride in a car you're driving I try to make it the last time. D:

2003silverneonsxt
2GN Member

Post by 2003silverneonsxt » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:50 pm

yes :) OWNED you were..i check the deleted post bin to make sure i didnt get urs..and it wasnt there!
hmmmmm

bad04srt
2GN Member

Post by bad04srt » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:08 pm

how do you even make the hood tilt like that???? i dont want to do it but i dont know how you would lol.....looks good...never seen a wingless ss and i like it alot more....hate the stock wheels but other than that looks titty :thumbup:

Panhead
2GN Member

Post by Panhead » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:10 pm

damn and i was going to say something about the poser jdm hood tilt. must a new trend today. :?
Juice

"There is no "G" in Cummins"

Keep it Mopar, buy Mopar Parts

lolelectricbluesxt
2GN Member

Post by lolelectricbluesxt » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:14 pm

2003silverneonsxt wrote:
Uh, alright, sure. No problem. Wasnt actually trying to start anything. Just pointing it out. We've all met in person, and nobody had any problem with anybodys cars.

We even talked about the whole hood thing at the meet, and the concensus was that it wasnt that bad in person, but alright.

henry00x
2GN Member

Post by henry00x » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:32 pm

lambostealth wrote:Don't ever post pics here again until you fix your fucked up hood, I mean really, EVERYONE that sees your car on the road looks at it and says, "that car would have looked cool before the accident", that is EXACTLY what people think happened, the people that know what happened laugh because it's a chevy with a JDM tilt.

Thats hideous.
:withstupid:

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:56 pm

OMG. Its a flippin Neon forum, damn straight he is gonna get flamed posting a Cobalt in our picture section. this belongs in off-topic in my opinion.

very nice car by the way, I love it. to tell you the truth, I didn't even notice the hood thing. Love how its de-badged and de-winged! That color is gorgeous too and its not yellow! Yessssss! Keep up the nice clean work. :thumbup:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

lambostealth
2GN Member

Post by lambostealth » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:04 am

-CgPeon- wrote:OMG. Its a flippin Neon forum, damn straight he is gonna get flamed posting a Cobalt in our picture section. this belongs in off-topic in my opinion.

very nice car by the way, I love it. to tell you the truth, I didn't even notice the hood thing. Love how its de-badged and de-winged! That color is gorgeous too and its not yellow! Yessssss! Keep up the nice clean work. :thumbup:

I hope you're not talking about me, I hated Neons, but wanted a car I didn't see at larger shows, or in mags, so, I picked one up. I totally dig the Cobalt, in fact, his is downright badass, just looks like it was in an accident.

I like my Neon and all, but I have seen several pics of other non-Neons and posted props.
lolelectricbluesxt wrote:
2003silverneonsxt wrote:
Uh, alright, sure. No problem. Wasnt actually trying to start anything. Just pointing it out. We've all met in person, and nobody had any problem with anybodys cars.

We even talked about the whole hood thing at the meet, and the concensus was that it wasnt that bad in person, but alright.
I think OB's isn't THAT bad, this car has like a two inch hood tilt......just too much.
-Chris
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!
Hahn Turbo, Portfueler, 3"downpipe, BC Coilovers........ahh who cares.SOLD
2001 BMW 530I
2007 Honda Accord
1988 Ford F-150

TNK
2GN Veteran

Post by TNK » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:46 am

03sxt wrote:Ohs noes! It's baccckkk!!

OMGWTFJDMHOODTILTFTL!!!

Nice car, but fix the damn hood. :thumbup:
:withstupid:

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
TheRandom1 wrote:My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:15 am

lambostealth wrote:
-CgPeon- wrote:OMG. Its a flippin Neon forum, damn straight he is gonna get flamed posting a Cobalt in our picture section. this belongs in off-topic in my opinion.

I hope you're not talking about me, I hated Neons, but wanted a car I didn't see at larger shows, or in mags, so, I picked one up. I totally dig the Cobalt, in fact, his is downright badass, just looks like it was in an accident.

I like my Neon and all, but I have seen several pics of other non-Neons and posted props.
lolelectricbluesxt wrote:
2003silverneonsxt wrote:

I think OB's isn't THAT bad, this car has like a two inch hood tilt......just too much.
I would of quoted you like this. ^^^ If I was talking about you.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

EmersonHart13
2GN Member

Post by EmersonHart13 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:39 pm

Fix the hood and you have a sweet car, like the debadged look.
Mine - 2006 Phantom Black Grand Prix GXP

calmb4dastorm
n00b

Post by calmb4dastorm » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:55 pm

wow...... I didn't expect such a big response. I personally like the hood tilt and if it wasn't for my Tiburon than OB wouldn't have done the whole hood tilt thing himself. Also, NoOne I have ever talked to in person thought the car was in an accident. They all come to me and say "Your hood is open." I just grin. People are just dumbfounded when I tell them that it's completly shut and I just laugh.

It's really simple: Get out 6 bucks. Go take out one of the bolts for the hinges. Go to your local hardware store. Start off by going to the plumbing section. grab the smallest coper pipe fittings you can find (1/2 inch is the smallest I've seen). Now go to the "hardware section (nuts/bolts/screws/nails/etc/etc) find a bolt that matches the thread pattern and width of the bolt you grabbed earlier. Find a bolt is as long as the coper pipe fitting and the OEM bolt together. By 4 of these bolt and 4 of these coper pipe fittings and your good to go.

You're looking at a 10 to 15 degree drop in your final engine temp. This os the temp that the coolant peaks at after the engine has been shut off and starts to cool. Also, you can expect the enging to cool faster than stock. I know that everyone is going to say that opening the hood works better and you'd be right. But are you going to lift your hood and let it sit there in the parking lot while you're in class for several hours or at work? I doubt it. That's the functionality of the hood tilt or these hood spacers.

In the end "to each there own," right? Thanks for all the comments everyone. I'm still in shock over the response. lol. However, I'd admit that the thread didn't have to be cleaned up. The level of respect shown by 2003silverneonsxt to sit here and clean everything up is appreciated. As are the coments left by everybody. Even lambostealth. Your opinion is just as valuable as anyone elses. I'm a little dissapointed that I didn't get to read all your posts before they were deleted. oh well.

If it's a problem that I post, then I won't. Sorry to affend anyone, that was not my intent.
*Dewinged
*De/rebadged
*DC Sports muffler/custom 2.5inch cat-back piping
*JDM styled lisense plate location
*Front gril mesh
*Painted Interior Trim
*Painted Front Calipers

TNK
2GN Veteran

Post by TNK » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:05 pm

i will say, when i made the mistake of doing this on my white neon, combined with teh custom vent in the front of the hood, i noticed a DRAMATIC change in engine temp... it just looked retarded.

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
TheRandom1 wrote:My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.

calmb4dastorm
n00b

Post by calmb4dastorm » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:12 pm

^^^ See, I think that the hood tilt and mesh gril look better than stock. But that's just me. To be honest, the more people hate the hood spacers the more I like them.

I forgot to explain the Cobalt "Evolution" Latter. I put it into a really easy format.

Cobalt LS > 135hp 2.2L I4 motor compairable options to Neon SE
Cobalt LT > 135hp 2.2L I4 motor compairable options to Neon SXT
Cobalt SS/NA (naturally asperated) > 175hp 2.4L I4 motor comparible options to Neon R/T (*note* in 2005 the SS/NA didnot exist. Chevy introduced the SS/NA because of consumer pressure to produce a higher-up moddel that is not Forced inducted)
Cobalt SS/SC (supercharged) > 205hp Supercharged 2.0L I4 motor copairable options to Neon SRT4. But actually not really. The SS/SC doesnot have an LSD standerd or racing styled seats. However, an LSD can be purchased along with leather Racaros. I know the SRT4 ACR has adjustable shocks and the SS/SC doesnot have this option.

There are rumors that in 2008, Chevy will drop the SS/SC model for a SS Turbocharged Version. but we'll see.

I hope this info isn't crossing any lines. Thank you.
*Dewinged
*De/rebadged
*DC Sports muffler/custom 2.5inch cat-back piping
*JDM styled lisense plate location
*Front gril mesh
*Painted Interior Trim
*Painted Front Calipers

JustANeon
2GN Member

Post by JustANeon » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:53 pm

Shoulda got the regular gunmetal finish wheels
2006 Pontiac GTO