Gay Ban Soon Lifted?

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
bad04srt
2GN Member

Post by bad04srt » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:28 pm

i'm just gonna stay outta this one

RopeRat1
2GN Member

Post by RopeRat1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:26 am

It just proves Clinton was a WORLD-CLASS BULLSHITTER for his '92 campaign promise to sign an executive order lifting the ban on gays in military service. Note it didn't happen and "Don't ask: Don't Tell" was instituted to try to pacify the angry Joint Chiefs of Staff and the American voters he lied to.

Gays have been in the military since there have been armies is probably correct. Research Hitler and Alexander the Great.

Morality can't be legislated. Look at the Prohibition Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Jonathan (RopeRat1)

TomZ
2GN Member

Post by TomZ » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:16 am

kc2002acr wrote:what the heck is the difference between gay and lesbian? Aren't both homosexual??? I am just confused... stupid re-definition of words to fit this stupid PC crappy world we live in. /rant
In practical terms....

Gay (men): a relationship most hetrosexual men would pay not to witness.

Gay(women): a relationship most hetrosexual men would pay to see.

'02 Dodge ES, Stone White, MTX, '01 Magnum swap, ACR sways, Tokiko blues, Mopar
2GN lowering springs, Comp 200 cam, PT Cruiser clutch, bolt-ons.
'02 Plymouth ES, Stone White, ATX, free project.
'00 Chrysler LE. ATX (Fiancee's) stock. '02 engine from above car. Mopar springs, Tokiko Blues.

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:24 am

bad01neon wrote:must of already happened cause lownslow has been in the army for awhile lol

edit: damn i didnt even realize 03 said that lol

Army? :roll:

BTW: Bad01, need to go easy on the language son. :D :lol:

We had a gay guy in our shop last year... I don't care if you're gay.. just don't hit on me...
-John

Cokedoctor
2GN Member

Post by Cokedoctor » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:19 pm

If gays want to serve in the military, then by all means, let them do it!

I don't know why some people have such a strong dislike for homosexuals. They do not choose to live the life. It's something they are born into, and have no control over. It's not a decision, its just being themselves, and being normal.
'13 Chrysler 300S 5.7 AWD - the financial burden
'95 Dodge Neon NYG ACR SRT Coupe - 1 of 98
'86 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - all original
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000123

TNK
2GN Veteran

Post by TNK » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:23 pm

i dont believe the "born wiht it" theory.... but that's not the tiopic of this thread, so im staying out of it.

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
TheRandom1 wrote:My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.

Cokedoctor
2GN Member

Post by Cokedoctor » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:29 pm

Good, 'cause you'd be wrong if you didn't.

TNK
2GN Veteran

Post by TNK » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:32 pm

:roll:

TheRandom1 wrote:My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.

Cokedoctor
2GN Member

Post by Cokedoctor » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:26 am

:lol: Cheer up, i was just playin wit ya

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:15 am

Two of my best friends are a lesbian couple.

They have a HUGE group of gay friends I hang around. Hell, one of my friends bosses hit on me all the time. I don't care. I just laugh it off and call him a creepy old man.

I'm around gays all the time. Sadly, they are all prissy boys. None of the queers I know could ever risk there lives in the army. I know they arn't all like that.

Me, personally, I'm all for the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." If no one knows your gay, what the hell does it matter anyways?
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

fearingdark
2GN Member

Post by fearingdark » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:06 am

hahaha honestly i would give my life for my country in a heartbeat thats all i ever dreamed of growing up...
Thats the mentatlity that you don't need to have...we want you alive. we want the bad guys to die for their country...

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:55 pm

Cokedoctor wrote:If gays want to serve in the military, then by all means, let them do it!

I don't know why some people have such a strong dislike for homosexuals. They do not choose to live the life. It's something they are born into, and have no control over. It's not a decision, its just being themselves, and being normal.
Uhhh no, its nothing you are born into it. Show me proof. They choose to be faggots. Heck, I hear stories all the time of gay dudes going straight. Thats like saying, "I was born to like 2nd generation Dodge Neons." Which is entirely un true. I choose to like them.

IMO gays in the military is fine, the dudes there need some sort of woman figure... :lol: (Cleaning & cookin')

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

Bella Lugrossi
2GN Member

Post by Bella Lugrossi » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:01 pm

you're an ass. :slap:
ImageImage

"He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man"
SILVER-ES wrote:April, you are the greatest!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:03 pm

Bella Lugrossi wrote:you're an ass. :slap:
:confused2: :cheers:

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:30 pm

i find this very interesting... all the people in the article are retired, as in not in the military any more. most of the people here that do not have a problem with homosexuals in the military are not in it. the thing that a lot of you don't realize is that it would be very uncomfortable showering next to a guy THAT YOU KNOW is gay. i can't say that it wouldn't bother me because honestly i don't know (most likely i think it would.)
phenomeneon21 wrote:and all the gay people i know are prissy momma's boys, so don't go on a rant about me being stereotypical. Meh, doesn't matter much to me, like I said, more power to 'em if they wanna serve their country. I'll leave it at that, :lol: .
and all the black people i know are on welfare, and all the hispanics are illegals, and all the white people are inbread redneecks, and all the asians can't drive for shit... :roll:
Image Sam-I-Am
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

jonnymopar
Junior Admin

Post by jonnymopar » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:12 pm

phenomeneon21 wrote:and all the gay people i know are prissy momma's boys, so don't go on a rant about me being stereotypical.
I'll back this argument up any day because I've been on both sides of it (not gay, but you'll know what I mean after reading this). I love how some people don't even allow you to have an opinion. Either you're accepting, or you're wrong. Well guess what, I grew up in a teeny little town where everybody's the same: no homosexuals, no minorities, no nothing other than white middle class. I was never exposed to it at all. Then I live in Boston for 4 years going to college. My first experience with homosexuals was awful! They were all freakish and honestly went out of their way to annoy you, and they were everywhere! So... I strongly disliked gay people because of it.

I graduated college and started the job that I'm currently at about a year and a half ago. 3 months go by and I find out the guy that works directly next to me that I talk to every day is gay! I didn't even know. He married two years ago when Massachusetts passed gay marriage. Turns out his husband works there too in a different department! These are the most normal guys and I'd have never guessed it. Why? Because I'd never seen normal gay people!

Once I got to know him, I actually told him that he threw me off completely by being gay, but normal, and I explained to him the bullshit that I ran into in the city and how different it was. He totally understood and he himself said he can't stand the really prissy ones and the really freakish ones himself, because they aren't even normal to the gay population. This guy is 51, been with his now spouse for 22 years, and he's seen it all. I believe what he has to say, and everything he's told me about that lifestyle makes sense.

So if somebody starts going on the whole "Yeah, friggin queers...", don't jump down their shit because it's pretty impossible to know everything about someone and why they have certain opinions. Part of freedom is being able to be gay or straight. Another part is being able to have and express your own opinion of it, no matter what it is.
Jon J.

2003 Neon SXT - new home, new owner. Thanks for everything, old friend.
1989 Daytona ES - 2.4L/A555 swapped

Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon Until Jerry Buys It" Club Member #11

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:37 pm

Here is something interesting, but did you know that gays were originally "banned" from military service after WWII because the "federal government viewed homosexuals in the military and government as susceptable to compromise by foreign agents" (Horowitz & Carroll, On the Edge). :D

These were of course findings done in 1948 by Alfred Kinsey of Indiana University, who did a major research study, Sexual Behavior in the human Male, followed five years later by a similar study of women. The study was done because of post war dissatisfaction in America on marriage and conflict of sexual values and sexual behavior.

See, these feelings in America about homosexuality have been around for a long time, and actually have improved some hundred fold due not only to improvements in our government aswell as tolerace in the community, but also because of special interest groups and organizations like Mattachine Society (1951) and Daughters of Bilitis (1955).

Now, this is not to say that I either approve of homosexual behavior or even view it as something that one is born with. My personal point of view is one from a Christian standpoint that I believe we were created in God's perfect image, which in fact makes us good, but since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, we have had the sin of the world enter into our lives which causes us to make decisions that go against what God has planned for us - ie, female for male to procreate. In the views of the Greeks you can see homosexual relationships were purely for pleasure, whereas male/female relationships were purely procreation. So, if homosexual relationships are simply for pleasure, ie - satisfaction of the desires of the flesh, than they are sinful. Just as God hates sin, he loves the sinner, whether homosexual or not. But I digress, and bringing me back to my point; I do not view homosexuals as bad, or born different, prewired with this, or even unable to resist the urge/desire, whatever you call it, but I simply see it as a result of fallen man.

So blame Adam and Eve and the serpent. :P

:D

Just a little fun fact for ya.

edit: Johnnymopar, btw, nice post, I must say I 110% agree with you when you say two things, and that is:
1) You either agree with it or else your wrong
2) You have the freedom of having your own opinion

This country (to touch the first point) has gone down this bad road of saying "look, its ok to be different, and ok to be wierd, but those of you who disagree with it you have to keep your mouth shut because you are wrong, a bad person, and you should never have a differing opinion!" Sorry, but that is ludicrous and another example of a liberal government forcing their beliefs as fact and not opinion down my throat and calling me "names" when I hold a differing opinion based on either morals or a system of beliefs. I have the right to express my opinion, it is protectedby the first amendment just as you have the right to express yours. The moment you try to shut me up for having a differing point of view is the moment you say that the constitution applies to you alone and not me. Call me names, say things behind my back and slander me all you want, but don't try to take away rights from me that you so preciously hold dear.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

Cokedoctor
2GN Member

Post by Cokedoctor » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:39 pm

-CgPeon- wrote:Uhhh no, its nothing you are born into it. Show me proof. They choose to be faggots. Heck, I hear stories all the time of gay dudes going straight.
Have you ever asked a gay if they made a decision,whether they wanted to be gay or not?

Many gays are afraid to come out, and they live the straight lifestyle, which is more accepted by society, but they forever live with themselves unhappy. Some turn to suicide, because they cannot find the way to happiness.

I don't really want to go any further in depth about this issue...because I can sense a whole lot of flaming in the future of this thread if i did.

To Each His Own.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:20 am

Cokedoctor wrote:Have you ever asked a gay if they made a decision,whether they wanted to be gay or not?

Many gays are afraid to come out, and they live the straight lifestyle, which is more accepted by society, but they forever live with themselves unhappy. Some turn to suicide, because they cannot find the way to happiness.

I don't really want to go any further in depth about this issue...because I can sense a whole lot of flaming in the future of this thread if i did.

To Each His Own.
Good :lol: j/p

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

TNK
2GN Veteran

Post by TNK » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:30 am

^that was a little far.

i never said i had any problem with homosexuals. if that's what they are into, that's their thing. but there's no way in hell im gonna believe that its a born into thing. nope. not buying it. no way.

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:10 am

TNK wrote: but there's no way in hell im gonna believe that its a born into thing. nope. not buying it. no way.
would you say that your born a heterosexual?

i myself, think that theres a lot of stuff that can't be explained... and this is one of them. there's always a possibility... just like the whole "they found a gene linked to alcoholism and drug addictions" thing.
Image Sam-I-Am

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:13 pm

dblsg wrote:would you say that your born a heterosexual?

i myself, think that theres a lot of stuff that can't be explained... and this is one of them. there's always a possibility... just like the whole "they found a gene linked to alcoholism and drug addictions" thing.
I was going to ask the same thing but didn't want to get involved in this :lol:
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:32 pm

It all depends on how you are raised and what types of influences were brought into their lives. But IMO everyone is born heterosexual. Its natural. They make the decision to become un-natural and bent. I just don't understand how someone can think being a homosexual is natural. :puke: Its just not right and makes me sick to my stomach when I think about it. But you know what, they can do anything they want, they can continue to have buttsex with each other and its not going to affect me in any shape or form, let them be gay forever. As long as they don't "hit" on me I will be fine. :wink:

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:54 pm

oral sex is "un-natural" too :wink:
Image Sam-I-Am

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:59 pm

-CgPeon- wrote:It all depends on how you are raised and what types of influences were brought into their lives. But IMO everyone is born heterosexual. Its natural. They make the decision to become un-natural and bent. I just don't understand how someone can think being a homosexual is natural. :puke: Its just not right and makes me sick to my stomach when I think about it. But you know what, they can do anything they want, they can continue to have buttsex with each other and its not going to affect me in any shape or form, let them be gay forever. As long as they don't "hit" on me I will be fine. :wink:
You know the homophobes (sp?) usually end up coming out of the closest at a later time.

Yes the thought of two guys reamin each other is pretty gross IMO... but if they want to do it... let them do it.

Don't be so ignorant as to say it's unnatural or wrong...

That's their choice...
-John

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:18 pm

LowNSlow wrote:You know the homophobes (sp?) usually end up coming out of the closest at a later time.

Yes the thought of two guys reamin each other is pretty gross IMO... but if they want to do it... let them do it.

Don't be so ignorant as to say it's unnatural or wrong...

That's their choice...
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:44 am

Ehh I was in a grumpy mood. I made the mistake of posting my views in this thread.

Ignorance is bliss in this subject matter.
You know the homophobes (sp?) usually end up coming out of the closest at a later time.
Not in a million years buddy. :x :lol:

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

TheNumberOneD
2GN Member

Post by TheNumberOneD » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:08 am

i think the "don't ask, don't tell" idea is the only way to go..

if your gay.. and your in the military just don't let anyone know.. k

if your gay and your doing things that allow other service members know your gay, then obviously your doing something wrong...

I don't hate gay people...
I don't like gay people

but i'll be damned if i had to put up with a flamming homosexual.

:wink: wouldn't mind putting up with lesbians though.
~Daniel

'2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:10 am

-CgPeon- wrote:Ehh I was in a grumpy mood. I made the mistake of posting my views in this thread.

Ignorance is bliss in this subject matter.
Not in a million years buddy. :x :lol:

I'll keep my mouth shut when you make the thread about you coming out... :bunny: :love8: :toothy4: :toothy1: :gay:

LOL I'm just kidding with ya.. :lol:
-John

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:26 am

(no he's not)

Oh, and speaking of un-natural.

Sodomy is un-natural, and illeagal and several states.

If you like lesbians so much, then why are you so homophobic? It's no different. It's still same gender sex, is it not? Just becuase society looks down on two guys going at it, does not make it different in any way, shape, or form.

Not starting a flame war... asking honest questions.
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

Return to “Off-Topic”