A telephonic surprise this tax season...

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
bige1030
2GN Member

A telephonic surprise this tax season...

Post by bige1030 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:45 pm

Telephone Excise Tax Refund

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,, ... 32,00.html

"The Telephone Excise Tax Refund (TETR) is a one-time payment available on your 2006 federal income tax return. It is designed to refund previously collected long distance telephone taxes. Individuals, businesses and tax-exempt organizations are eligible to request it.
Individuals

Taxpayers have a choice: a standard refund amount between $30 and $60, based on the total number of exemptions claimed on their 2006 tax return, to eliminate the need to locate old phone bills; or they can locate those bills and use the actual amount."

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:15 am

i don't call anybody long distance and if i do, i use my cell :( no refund for me
Image Sam-I-Am
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

bige1030
2GN Member

Post by bige1030 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:42 pm

dblsg wrote:i don't call anybody long distance and if i do, i use my cell :( no refund for me
The Q&A might surprise you here...
From: http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,, ... 06,00.html (emphasis added)

What is a refund-eligible bundled service?

Bundled service is local and long distance service provided under a single plan that does not state the charge for the local telephone service separately from other services. Bundled service plans include, for example, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service, and landline and wireless (cellular) service plans that provide both local and long distance service for either a flat monthly fee or a charge that varies only with the elapsed transmission time for which the service is used. Telecommunications companies provide bundled service for both landlines and wireless (cellular) service. If VoIP service provides both local and long distance service and the charges are not separately stated, such service is bundled service.

The method of sending or receiving a call, such as on a landline telephone, wireless (cellular), or some other method, does not affect whether a service is local-only or bundled.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:44 pm

Hmmm might have to check into that as I have vonage.

good find
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

Return to “Off-Topic”