Who'd a thunk it.

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Bella Lugrossi
2GN Member

Who'd a thunk it.

Post by Bella Lugrossi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:57 pm

White's are now a minorite in 1 out of 10 US counties. Wow. Discuss.

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/in ... minorities
ImageImage

"He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man"
SILVER-ES wrote:April, you are the greatest!

ChrisRT
2GN Member

Post by ChrisRT » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Its not that hard to believe, if you live where I live.

There are more Black and Mexican/Spanish people than there are all other races combined.
"Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art." - Ansel Adams

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited
2010 Jeep Wrangler 6spd/3.73's

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:59 pm

Helping your post a bit:
Better link. :P

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/in ... 34939.html

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

biggrobb1995
2GN Member

Post by biggrobb1995 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:35 pm

It's cuz we like to hump like rabbits. :D
I don't skinny dip. I chunky dunk!
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
I'm goin to drive my neon til it dies member #81
Some see angels, I've held one.

Cbussilver01es
2GN Member

Post by Cbussilver01es » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:36 pm

I would say who cares about race today bc we are all the HUMAN race, lol but thats not a surprise, I mean just look at all the states and compare the light areas to the dark areas (no pun) most of the darker areas are your bigger cities where the lighter areas are your mostly 90%+ white areas, it just goes to show how times are changing, and for the better. For example I've lived in the suburbs all my life, and the majortity of the burbs around columbus were accepting the changing demographics without a prob. Hell youd be surprised that even in the year 2000 when I moved out to where I live now some ppl were still stuck in the 60's, shouting the n*gger as ppl walked down the street (especially to me) or calling ppl beaners to the very workers that were helping build up some of the business. Sorry for the rant.. It doesnt surprise me that whites are now the minority, it just goes to show that we are become more and more diverse as the years go on! :rockon:
-Sean
01 Dodge Neon MSII 2.0 DOHC turbo
Nos is a lot like a hot chick with std's you wanna hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2311033

Bella Lugrossi
2GN Member

Post by Bella Lugrossi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:44 pm

oh don't get me wrong, i have no problem with it whatsoever. I just thought it was interesting that the new finally caught on. hahahah.
ImageImage

Cbussilver01es
2GN Member

Post by Cbussilver01es » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:46 pm

Bella Lugrossi wrote:oh don't get me wrong, i have no problem with it whatsoever. I just thought it was interesting that the new finally caught on. hahahah.
Dont sweat it I knew exactly how you meant it to be :thumbup:
-Sean
Nos is a lot like a hot chick with std's you wanna hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

Bella Lugrossi
2GN Member

Post by Bella Lugrossi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:50 pm

woot, high five!! :lol:
ImageImage

Cbussilver01es
2GN Member

Post by Cbussilver01es » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:09 pm

*slaps bella a high five* lol
-Sean

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:59 pm

Cbussilver01es wrote:*slaps bella' hiney* lol
fixed :rofl:
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

Bella Lugrossi
2GN Member

Post by Bella Lugrossi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:15 pm

BWAHAHAH!!! *blushes*
ImageImage

grambo
Former Moderator

Post by grambo » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:19 pm

When do I get my free gummint stuff?
01' Neon ACR - SOLD - Its Alive!Thx Sean!
06' Subaru WRX STI - OTS Stage II
07 - Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee #0267
01' Dodge Ram 5.7 - The Mall Crawler

titansxt
2GN Member

Post by titansxt » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:27 pm

Cbussilver01es wrote:I mean just look at all the states and compare the light areas to the dark areas (no pun) most of the darker areas are your bigger cities where the lighter areas are your mostly 90%+ white areas, it just goes to show how times are changing, and for the better.
I'm not trying to be a dick but thats a little general to be saying. If you think in larger terms the darker area are costal places or where it boarders Mexico. The middle south has black/African American roots, the east part of the south has its Cuban population and the west has its Mexican populations. The North is not 90% white areas. There are tons of ethnic people in the north half of the U.S. Its just that the larger population of people tend to stay where they enterd. Look at Chicago for example and a suburb, Joliet ~60% white.

http://i13.tinypic.com/52lbj90

http://i10.tinypic.com/644ym4y

The north half of the U.S. is land locked. No one from Canada really wants to come here and besides a car, it is expensive and difficult to travel up to Illinois from California. So why not stay in Cali? And thats what happens. There is a well established life in Cali with the Mexican population so why on earth would any one want to move to a different foreign land with a smaller commnuity. Same goes with the blacks/ African Americans, and Cubans in FL. In my subdivison in a suburb of Chicago many of the houses here are being used as section 8 rentals when 10 years ago, that was un heard of, and this isnt a big city.
2003 SXT
2005 SRT-4
2gn.org member #26 :tard:
Lemon Neon member #1.
Any or all of the above statement(s) may be entirely fictional and a fabrication. :lol:
ram50rocket wrote: I must had been mistaken in thinking that NEONS.ORG was just for neons.

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:14 pm

There is something else to consider, and that is how many of those surveyed are mixed race, as in they have some white in them as well as another race? The census does not take that into account and most people who are say, half-white/half spanish, or african-american, etc... will put spanish, etc... down as there ethnicity, and so on. Most blacks have white in their raceas well and probably do not know it since most (please forgive me, but historically it is true) salves prior to 1860 were mixed blood as well because of slave owners who either raped or slept with their slaves.

Fact is, most whites (caucasian) are of european decent and settled in areas prior to 1910's in areas with similar climates etc, like the huge german populations in the north and midwest, irish in the northeast and midwest and english in the new england area.

Demographics only paint an obscured picture and give an idea of who lives where. I agree with Cbussilver01es (Sean) in that who cares about race? Some people are ignorant and will remain that way until those generations die off. All it needs is education and integration. Most people do not stay where they born anyway and eventually we will be more and more mixed and spread more evenly. As people get more educated and move off to go to colleges and what not, they become accustomed to where they live and will seek out jobs in areas that need their skill. Ma and Pa farms are also the way of the past, and as those generations die out, and their "offspring" move into the city and sell their land to corporate farming companies, there will be less and less people living in the country and moving into the cities.

/lesson.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

grambo
Former Moderator

Post by grambo » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Who cares about race? I do. Where is all my free stuff for being a minority? My ancestors had some tough times too. Where is my free stuff? Where is my college grant cuz I'm white? Yeah, there isn't one. Oh yeah, I'm a white 30 something sho gets reemed constantly because I'm a white 30 something male who makes decent money. Nice. :banghead:
Hell yeah I care about race. The only "benefit" to being a white male with a job is that I get to pay for everyone else's free shi* with my high taxes. Hell yeah I care.

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:25 pm

grambo wrote:Who cares about race? I do. Where is all my free stuff for being a minority? My ancestors had some tough times too. Where is my free stuff? Where is my college grant cuz I'm white? Yeah, there isn't one. Oh yeah, I'm a white 30 something sho gets reemed constantly because I'm a white 30 something male who makes decent money. Nice. :banghead:
Hell yeah I care about race. The only "benefit" to being a white male with a job is that I get to pay for everyone else's free shi* with my high taxes. Hell yeah I care.
Well, being in the same boat as you, I feel the same way, which is why I say who cares about race...? Think of it this way, if the government dropped ALL the stuff regarding race and just said, HEY we are ALL americans and ALL humans, so we ALL get the same stuff, and all those companies and programs which deal to race were dropped, then there would be no more of this separate but equal treatment. I could have sworn that Brown v. Board got rid of that stiupulation, but it was the problems still lie with people themselves, not people as a whole. You get one, redneck, cracker in power and he says he can serve who he wants, shut down schools to forbid blacks into it, hurt everyone else, because they care about race. So rid it, and be done. :D Get my drift? ;)

The 13th and 14th amendments should have fixed all these problems, but it was the 15th that started it back up.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:33 pm

Race shouldn't matter. But Grambo has a point. I'm having trouble finding a job, because of Affirmative Action. I agree that every race should have the same rights, priveledges and so on, which should include white people. No one should be treated differently. Hopefully this sort of information will help break down these barriers.
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

grambo
Former Moderator

Post by grambo » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:39 pm

kc2002acr wrote:
grambo wrote:Who cares about race? I do. Where is all my free stuff for being a minority? My ancestors had some tough times too. Where is my free stuff? Where is my college grant cuz I'm white? Yeah, there isn't one. Oh yeah, I'm a white 30 something sho gets reemed constantly because I'm a white 30 something male who makes decent money. Nice. :banghead:
Well, being in the same boat as you, I feel the same way, which is why I say who cares about race...? Think of it this way, if the government dropped ALL the stuff regarding race and just said, HEY we are ALL americans and ALL humans, so we ALL get the same stuff, and all those companies and programs which deal to race were dropped, then there would be no more of this separate but equal treatment. I could have sworn that Brown v. Board got rid of that stiupulation, but it was the problems still lie with people themselves, not people as a whole. You get one, redneck, cracker in power and he says he can serve who he wants, shut down schools to forbid blacks into it, hurt everyone else, because they care about race. So rid it, and be done. :D Get my drift? ;)

The 13th and 14th amendments should have fixed all these problems, but it was the 15th that started it back up.
Agreed. Take away teh blatant racism throughout every aspect of our society and things would get better. When do we start? :shiner:

jrumann59
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by jrumann59 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:36 pm

Does that mean pretty soon whitey can use affirmative action for jobs.
bone-yard-racing wrote:
Remind him of two things for the mustang:
Slow in=Fast out
Fast in=Ambulance out
ImageImage

Chibits12
2GN Member

Post by Chibits12 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:40 pm

I fall in that minority and I don't get "free stuff" plus I don't even have a real job. Nothing is free in this country; it's got to come from somewhere.

I agree that there is reverse discrimination going on and I just believe people should be assessed by their performance, not by race.

If all people would be green then the world would be a happier place. :D

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4. Completely stock.

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:58 pm

well the funny thing is that minorities isnt the cause for affirmative action, raceist low life scumbags is the reason for it, if everyone was treated equal from day one there would have been no need for it. And the reason that anyone pays high taxes is not because of race its because your not rich point blank. Taxes are design to keep the money in rich people pockets, hell there is just as many whites that are poor as blacks, hispanics and so on all collecting free shyt which makes it hard to label a certian race to blame. Notice that the positions that really matter in the corporate world like your VP's, CFO's, DM's are not affected by affirmative action. :)
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:12 am

My man^

Race wouldnt matter to anyone if we were actually treated equally. The damn government is racist by giving special treatment to non white people. Here in CA, white people are the minority by far. Ive lived in the Bay Area, sacramento county, and many places in between. It never fails. Ive been 'one of the only white kids in class' many times.

And for those of you who are trying to explain why this is happening, stop wasting your time. No one cares why certain areas are more ethnically diverse than others. The bottom line is, white people are no longer the majority in MANY places in the states. Shouldnt we have the right to all the benefits that were given to other people strictly based on their race? It is a fact that colored people get more financial aid than white people. Someone give me one good reason for this.

Black people get their own television channel (BET), and no one considers that racist in any way. If there was a White Entertainment Channel... I dont even want to go there. Can anyone truly tell me how that is fair? As a white person I am actually forced to feel uncomfortable/ashamed of my ethnicity. Is that not racism; making someone feel that they are lower than another based on their color? Does anyone else feel me on this? I'm not racist in any way, but I do think that what is happening in the country today is complete bullshit. I grew up in some of the most diverse areas in the world, and I can honestly tell everyone first hand that not only are white people the minority numerically, we are treated as such.
Last edited by OB on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

Cbussilver01es
2GN Member

Post by Cbussilver01es » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:24 am

grambo wrote:Who cares about race? I do. Where is all my free stuff for being a minority? My ancestors had some tough times too. Where is my free stuff? Where is my college grant cuz I'm white? Yeah, there isn't one. Oh yeah, I'm a white 30 something sho gets reemed constantly because I'm a white 30 something male who makes decent money. Nice.
:cussing: I didnt ask for this, and the whole thing about affirmitive action is bullshit. I personally dont believe in it. If you are qualified for a job the who the fuck cares whether you are black, white, asian, hispanic... etc... On the other hand an employer shouldnt discriminate on base of race, and I think that is why affirmitive action was brought about. Dont get mad at me grambo I didnt ask for this, my parents raised me to know that in order to get stuff I had to earn it just like everyone else. Another question, do you feel that you are the only one thats paying taxes? Im not gettin anything free. I pay taxes, and I get just as pissed when I go around seein others in the community gettin free stuff when I have to shell out money all to pad the pockets of the rich like Krack said. Look Im sorry if your mad, but its not my fault you feel that way. And if affirmative action was so present the why is my broke ass still unemployed?? :rofl:

kc2002acr wrote:I agree with Cbussilver01es (Sean) in that who cares about race?
Thank you :thumbup:

titansxt wrote:The middle south has black/African American roots, the east part of the south has its Cuban population and the west has its Mexican populations. The North is not 90% white areas. There are tons of ethnic people in the north half of the U.S. Its just that the larger population of people tend to stay where they enterd. Look at Chicago for example and a suburb, Joliet ~60% white.
Sorry I didnt mean to put it that way, I just meant like in the midwest for example the darker shaded (not darkest) areas where your big cites, your chicago's, St.Louis's, Detriot, Indianapolis, Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati metro areas . You dont have to tell me much about the south lol, my dad is from mississippi and down there the blacks in the rural areas seem to outnumber the whites. I was just saying in general the Northern states tend to be more caucasian rather than ethnic, thats all. I mean compared to the southeastern, southwestern, and western U.S. sorry I didnt mean to cause any trouble, I feel bad now bc my whole rant seemed to make a few ppl uneasy :banghead: again I apologize...
-Sean

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:22 am

I have to share my opinion on this. I don't care about race but at the same time I find stereotypes to be quite funny b/c most of them are true yet so many people get in a hissy b/c of them. The biggest thing I have a problem with is people that abuse the system, be it white, black, Hispanic, whatever your race is... I don't care. I see it everyday at work, people that are on disability yet walk into my office without a care in the world and look as health as a horse. The same people that can walk just fine but hey, the TV says they can get a Hoverround and the government will pickup the tab. Do they need one, hell no, but they get it b/c they can and then never use the thing. Thats what pisses me off.

I lived in Cincinnati for 22.5 years of my life. A city that not to long ago had riots which was triggered by a black person being shot because he was running away from the police and they thought he had a gun. Ever since then all I'd hear about is how the city is profiling b/c they're black but yet most of the crimes in the city are in the areas of town that are prodomently black. Areas where you can guarantee one person will be killed in each night. So hearing about how they're being profiled I laugh at b/c when most of the crime is being committed in those areas, thats where the police are going to be. I heard more about race, more about black vs. white that in Cincinnati than I have yet to hear down here in South Carolina, the state that set off the Civil War b/c they were the first to want to secede from the union. You'd think that this being the rebel south, confederate flags everywhere on bumper stickers, windows, flag polls, etc... you'd think the black community would be in an uproar over it but I don't get that feeling. Up north if a white person put that on their car, it's not going to be good for you. I don't get that feeling of bitterness that I felt in Cincinnati. I don't have that fear. I don't hear the angriness that I heard up there...

Dont' get me wrong though, I don't hate black people. Joe, dude, you're a great person and a blast to hang out with! Sean, haven't met you in person yet but on the forum I think you're great as well. My supervisior is black, don't have a problem with her. There are a few black familes in our neighborhood and I don't have a problem with them either, in fact anytime we have a BBQ for the street they come over and everyone has a ball. It's a white family down the street that no one likes and no one invites :lol: I'm just personally tired of this attitude that I felt in Cincinnati and am so glad to be away from it. I'm tired of hearing "poor us" in Cincinnati when it's not me thats the cause of your problems and a lot of the crime is black on black crime, not white on black or black on white...

Maybe I'm just not seeing the full picture here but either way, I'm tired of hearing about black, white, yellow, purple, whatever... if you're an overall good person and aren't abusing the system then you're cool by me and I could care less of skin color.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Cbussilver01es
2GN Member

Post by Cbussilver01es » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:30 am

Yea good point jason, I really am sick of hearing about this stuff too.
Diablo0 wrote:Sean, haven't met you in person yet but on the forum I think you're great as well
Well thanks man! :thumbup: you should see me at the bbq gettin buttered up off of toms food!
-Sean

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:33 am

Well said Jason, I fully agree. And you're definatly not missing the big picture, you see it loud and clear. Thats exactly what's happening here too, and everywhere else for that matter. Stereotypes are based on facts, and they are more accurate than many people think. Look at prison diversity, for example. The percentage of black people often outweighs the other combined. Here in CA, mexican people outnumber everyone else combined easily. White people are probably only about 1/4 of the total population if I had to guess.

I'd be interested to see what the US map would look like divided into population sectors with the main groups represented (white, black, asain, hispanic). Just some realistic percentages would be interesting to look at. Its just really strange to me that I am considered a majority when I look around and actually experience the opposite of that.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:44 am

Diablo0 wrote:...I'm tired of hearing about black, white, yellow, purple, whatever... if you're an overall good person and aren't abusing the system then you're cool by me and I could care less of skin color.
I'm probably asking for trouble but I'm going to add my two cents. I have been in the job market for a long time (it was just a casual thing but it has become a serious search of late) and I am noticing a disturbing requirement in a lot of classified ads- the need to be bilingual. I am really starting to wonder if I will eventually have to learn a foreign language to gain better employment or (possibly) remain employed. The United States is not Canada- we do not officially speak two languages and, as a born American citizen, I don't think that it is fair to expect me to learn another language to be considered for a job.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Cbussilver01es
2GN Member

Post by Cbussilver01es » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:55 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:I am noticing a disturbing requirement in a lot of classified ads- the need to be bilingual.
Yea Ive really noticed that too and always wondered why. :-k
-Sean

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:54 am

OB wrote:
My man^

Race wouldnt matter to anyone if we were actually treated equally. The damn government is racist by giving special treatment to non white people. Here in CA, white people are the minority by far. Ive lived in the Bay Area, sacramento county, and many places in between. It never fails. Ive been 'one of the only white kids in class' many times.

And for those of you who are trying to explain why this is happening, stop wasting your time. No one cares why certain areas are more ethnically diverse than others. The bottom line is, white people are no longer the majority in MANY places in the states. Shouldnt we have the right to all the benefits that were given to other people strictly based on their race? It is a fact that colored people get more financial aid than white people. Someone give me one good reason for this.

Black people get their own television channel (BET), and no one considers that racist in any way. If there was a White Entertainment Channel... I dont even want to go there. Can anyone truly tell me how that is fair? As a white person I am actually forced to feel uncomfortable/ashamed of my ethnicity. Is that not racism; making someone feel that they are lower than another based on their color? Does anyone else feel me on this? I'm not racist in any way, but I do think that what is happening in the country today is complete bullshit. I grew up in some of the most diverse areas in the world, and I can honestly tell everyone first hand that not only are white people the minority numerically, we are treated as such.

Are you focking kidding me "black people get there own television channel" please do anybody know there history, BET was started because MTV back in the day wouldn’t play/broadcast music of African American people. And now that the world is conformed BET is just another channel that’s never changed its name....again it wouldn’t be BET, affirmative action , black history month....yada yada. If it wasn’t for some ignorant, racist ass jerks in this world that started this from the jump, oh and by the way BET was sold to Viacom which was founded by Sumner Redstone. Image

Ohh please someone show me my free shyt, or the job I was given because I was black, some one show me. :sarcasm: Matter of fact someone do me one better point me in the direction of the free shyt or the jobs delagated for minorities. Cause i been missing out. :roll:

I by no means care about race I hate that everybody always brings it back to woooo me. Black, White, Asian, Hispanic who eva. When the world stops looking at, and focusing on, color, then there would be no black this ....white that....minority this...

Jason I agree some areas are worst than others all around the world, in Baltimore we have a few areas that are all majority blacks that like to tear up there neighborhood, where as you have a few areas in Baltimore that are all whites are tearing up there neighborhood either way I look at as ignorant people period and I say this to show that it doesn’t matter what age, races or sex some people are just focked up in the head and will always continue to bring other people down as well as themselves.

GrApHite03
2GN Member

Post by GrApHite03 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:41 am

i'm a green guy... nobody likes us.
2001 SOHC - Family Car
1998 SOHC - AutoX / Work Car - 11:1 Mag swap | Crane #14 | Everything else... :)

-----------
Gone, but not forgotten...

03 SXT-T / 219whp - 244wtq / 10psi - Stock Block & NGC ECU

Return to “Off-Topic”