yay for dumb cops :.(

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Wenuden
2GN Member

yay for dumb cops :.(

Post by Wenuden » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:54 pm

wow oh wow oh wow. i set a new personal record today. 3 tickets in one traffic stop. one for speeding 10-19 over, one for modified exhaust, and one for altered suspension.

the exhaust and suspension are right, but still some bullshit money-making charges.

the whole purpose behind the modified exhaust statue was to keep cars from being too loud and disturbing the peace. well, with stock exhaust, that's impossible already. the exuast i have now actually has a muffler instead of a resonator, and is tons quieter than stock unless i'm WOT, which i don't do often on the street, unless i'm on the highway.

the purpose behind altered suspension is to keep unsafe vehicles off the road. that's what safety inspections are for. which my car just passed in september of last year. and nothing has been done to it since then. it's not all rusted out, it's not loose in any manner, and it's not about to fall apart. what's the problem.

now, for the piece de resistance... the speeding ticket.
yes, technically i was speeding. i was doing 42 in a 35MPH zone. I can see some of you out there scratching your head and wondering how 42 - 35 = 10-19 over. that's the good part.
backstory: i was on my way to go pick my girl up from the airport. i was on rt. 1 north, which is a 45mph zone. i had to take a ramp to get to the airport access road, which is a 35mph zone. the problem here is that there's no speed limit sign from the exit off of rt. 1 to where the access road hits airport property from the direction i entered the access road. from rt. 1 south, there's a 35mph sign that's about 30 feet before where my ramp put me on the access road. once you hit airport property, the speed drops to 25mph airport-wide. well, when i approached that sign, the officer was already in position to innitiate a traffic stop, meaning he was about 3 feet off of my bumper, and i was doing probably a bit over 35. so i let off the gas, then actually had to brake to about 20 because of the car in front of me, the driver didn't know where he was going (and, frankly, neither did I, so i was slowing down for myself as well). so once we cleared all the little access road mazes and i hit the terminal he innitiated the stop. now, from the time i hit airport property and the 25mph zone, i had been going around 20mph. this dude gave me a ticket for 42 in a 25. i really hope when he comes to court he has his dash cam footage, cause i want to see in black and white that i'm not guilty. they also can't reduce the charge on me because, clearly, i'm not guilty in the slightest of the charge placed on me.

and on top of all of those tickets, the fuckhead kept touching my car every time he walked up on my. so when he gave my license back, i got out with a flashlight and a camera and started looking at it. when he asked what i was doing, i told him i was checking for scratches from him running his nomex-gloved hand across my carbon fiber and paint after being asked politely not to touch the vehicle (which is a reasonable request, that's not necessary to write a ticket, and i obviosly care for my car). he looked at me like i was a dick or something, and had the nerve to say, "what are you gonna do if I did?", to which i replied, "file a destruction of personal property charge and a civil suit against you". i'm pretty sure that by that point he wanted to arrest me. he kept waving that retarded alcohol-sensing flashlight in my car and he actually did it again when i was looking at the rear quarterpanel and trunk.

I really would have loved for him to search the car. i'd have had fun watching him run down the serial numbers of 2 handguns, even tho it would have ment spending an hour in the back of a police cruiser, which i havn't done in a few years.

anyways, thanks for letting me rant. i feel a bit better now, even tho i know i'm going to have to give the state about $1000 in a couple months. oh, and to those of you who get this far and think about replying that this post is too long, go fuck youself and stop browsing internet forums. to the rest of you, constructive criticism is appreciated.

-Devil-
2GN Member

Post by -Devil- » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:05 am

hmm .. yours is an srt right ? if you want to gather up documentation and proof showing that your modified exhaust is quieter then stock then you may can get that tossed ...

as for the suspension ... depending on how the inspections are up there ... if it involves inspecting it (where they actually do) ... then i would at least ask the da nicely about that ...

on speeding .. sounds like the cop picked that to be a dick ...

CA180
2GN Member

Post by CA180 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:08 am

YOur post is too fucking long

just kidding,... Now that I'm back from fucking myself.

Some cops are dick. I once got four tickets at once.. And i think there was no reason for any of them. One of them was a seat belt ticket. But I had taken my seatbelt off to get to my wallet, and he still fucked with me.

Shit sucks, wish you the best though.

Current project... 81 C10 laying rockers
teamliviD wrote:I want another rim job!!!!

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:52 am

modified suspension?!?!?! what kind of crazy law is that? I'm sorry about your tickets man. Your whole story just kinda pissed me off. Not you, but that dick of police officer (i've met my fair share, as I got a ticket for illegal lane change last month and got razzed for my exhaust as well).

Hopefully you get that shit dismissed. If it passed inspection then the police officer shouldn't have any right to ticket you.... or did I miss something about the state approving your vehicle?

Good luck yo
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

Trinity
2GN Member

Post by Trinity » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:16 am

any modification to your car is technically illegal but man VA is a douche bag state.

its like you cant even fight it cause they just rape ya some more.

man am I glad to live in MD with my car. I wouldnt have anything done to my skittle if I lived in VA
2008 Caliber SRT 4 - "Click"
2012 Fiat 500 - "Pixel"

2013 Fiat Abarth (on order)

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:48 am

yeah, i've heard VA cops are pricks like that

sorry to hear about the tickets man... gather up as much evidence against this asshole as you can and get everything tossed out..... find the VA vehicle code on the tickets you were given, get as much info, and bring it with you... if VA is anything like PA, itll be at least 6-9 months before you appear in court, lol so you should have plenty of time to prepare :)

on the modified suspension, take your car to where you got it inspected, have them re-inspect the suspension only, and have them sign and date a paper saying your suspension meets VA laws and passes inspection. The court can not deny that because the shop is a certified state inspection station.

on the modified exhaust ticket, put your stocker back on, and have the dB level tested. put yours back on, and have that dB level tested. if it comes up lower, that ticket will get thrown out as well.

as for the speeding, yeah, pray he has the dashboard cam footage, cause that right there is enough to get that thrown out...

and with everything thrown out, you know what that means? you get all your money back and all evidence of the tickets are removed from your record :)

.....or the douchebag could just not show up and everything's thrown out regardless :) always better to be prepared though

best of luck to ya man! let us know how it goes
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Fuel systems turbo kits and components, tuning, performance parts. Contact us for all of your performance needs.

Trinity
2GN Member

Post by Trinity » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:25 am

VA cops like to show up. they have nothing better to do.
2008 Caliber SRT 4 - "Click"
2012 Fiat 500 - "Pixel"

2013 Fiat Abarth (on order)

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:01 am

actually, more often than not, they don't show up. Most people prepay tickets like exhaust and suspension because they don't want more when they pull up to and leave court LOL. I'll just drive the camaro, and take pics of Nate's car before we change his exhaust (LOL he's a cop). It really won't surprise me if he doesn't show up. I told him I look forward to seeing him in court, and that he should redrive from where he started following me before his shift is over.

I really don't care about the 2 mods tickets, but the speeding ticket carries 3 points and an insurance increase, on top of the $500 "abusive driver fee". If I have to pay the speeding ticket, it'll be almost a grand by itself. Total bullshit.

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:06 am

i say fuck with him... did you catch the # on his car? if so i'd do shit that's perfectly legel, yet annoying. just to fuck with him. that might jus be me though. did that once. some cop followed me 10 miles on back roads home one night so after spotting his car i followed him for a good 1/2 hour one night.

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 am

Exhaust mods in NYS = anything right down to an exhaust tip is illegal
Suspension mods in NYS = only illegal if your headlight is X amount of inches to low to the ground
Speeding in NYS = 15mph over is just about jail time
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #666
(she officially died in 2018 by being donated to a church...seriously)

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:15 am

if a cop is following me for no reason at all, i pull over and wait for him to either pull over, or go past me...if he pulls over, i get out of the car and ask him why he's following me. following can be taken as harassment and i don't put up with that :)
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Fuel systems turbo kits and components, tuning, performance parts. Contact us for all of your performance needs.

esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:47 am

Quick way to get tazed dude. Fine, pull over. Don't get out of the car if his lights are on.
ASP - First NGC SOHC in the 13s and the 12s. First SOHC neon over 500whp. First NGC Neon on MS.
Winston Churchill wrote:Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

Kelevra
2GN Member

Post by Kelevra » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:36 am

I'm going to do that next time, if he follows me I will pull over in a parking lot and get out like I was going there in the first place

J-Villa
2GN Veteran

Post by J-Villa » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:37 pm

wenuden wanna move to pa? lol
Wanna Sell Me Your 2gn??
Official I sold my Neon Member #004

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:09 pm

esteinmaier wrote:Quick way to get tazed dude. Fine, pull over. Don't get out of the car if his lights are on.
well duh, you never get out if their lights are on...but the last time i did that, he just pulled over w/ no lights on but his headlights...so i got out

i asked him why he was following me, he didnt really give a good reason, so i asked him to go on his way and leave me alone before i file harassment charges against him. his eyes got big and then drove off.....
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Mopar00Neon
2GN Member

Post by Mopar00Neon » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:19 pm

Sometimes cops arent following you. They drive around too, they might just be going the same direction you are. I spend 8+ hours a day driving around. Sometimes I am behind people, and have no intention of pulling them over.
If you pull over, and they pull over too, they might just be checking to make sure you're OK. Ive done that also, doesnt mean Im trying to harrass anyone. Thats the 'serve' part of 'protect and serve.'
As far as touching your car. I ALWAYS touch the trunk/hatch of a car I pull over. Its a safety thing. Its to tell right away if a car is running, to see if there is any unsual movements in the car (people hiding, or hiding objects), and to make sure the trunk is latched. Cops have been killed by having someone jump out of a trunk and attacking them while talking to a driver durring a vehicle stop.
He is unworthy of the name of man who is ignorant of the fact that the diagonal of a square is incommensurable with its side.

-brian

2004 F-350
2000 Dodge Neon
1957 Chevy truck
2004 VW Touareg
1947 Dodge 1.5-ton dually
1989 Chevy 1500

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:36 pm

J-Villa wrote:wenuden wanna move to pa? lol

Nope. I started home searching in Florida today. No way would I move further north.

So... I just got 2 more tickets today... No front plate and illegal tint. Fuck Virginia, god damn communists. I already called my boss about transfering to the university of Florida, he said he'd look into it. If that doesn't work out, I also talked to a friend in Tampa that said I can move in with him for a couple months. I might be out of here in march.

I wonder how the old lady will take this news...

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:39 pm

i just have to ask... but are you doing anything else to attract sooooo much attention?
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |

WykedHellFire
2GN Member

Post by WykedHellFire » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:52 pm

well down here in FL it's not that bad where I live. cops are bored alot because theres not much to do around here at night. but thats about it.
2000 Ford F-150 XLT (Daily Driver)

2000 Plymouth Neon LX (For Sale, $300, PM me for pics)

1988 Pontiac Firebird (5-Speed and a 305 or 350 going in)(Check back for updates)

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:03 pm

Two more? Holy shit dude I bet they plot ways to fuck with you at their morning meetings or something.
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:30 pm

hansken_yo wrote:i just have to ask... but are you doing anything else to attract sooooo much attention?

Nope. I got all the dumb shit out of my system in my teens. Yesterday I was driving to the airport civily, and today there were two motorcycle pigs just sitting onthe side of the street doing a speed trap, so everyone was going slow. They pulled me out of the line cause there was no front plate. 25 mph school zone, was doing 25 in third. Would probably have gotten another exhaust ticket if I had been in second. I can't afford tickets, my insurance is already high enough. I do the speed limit in the city, don't swerve thru traffic, and do about 10, sometimes 15 over on the highway like everyone else. Of course I do hand people their ass every once in a while when they try to show out, but only on the highway and never if there's any kind of traffic. I love my car too much to risk an accident or getting it impounded.

I've had the car for 4 months and only gotten pulled over once before this weekend and today, and that's cause I cut a cop off getting on the highway. I was guilty, but he was going way too fast in the right/merge lane. Like 90mph fast.

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:38 pm

Wow man... that truly sucks. I'd start returning the favor to the police and call their supervisors every time you see them doing something illegal.

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:08 pm

That really sucks to get that many tickets in such a short amount of time. I hope you get everything worked out so you don't have to dish out the cash.

OverDrive418
2GN Member

Post by OverDrive418 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:59 pm

Well, you broke my record all to hell! I thought 6 tickets in a month (Jan 2001) was bad! You my friend take the prize.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you're going when you hit the wall, and torque is how far you drag the wall with you.

J-Villa
2GN Veteran

Post by J-Villa » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:02 pm

i got pulled over twice in two days haha...
Wanna Sell Me Your 2gn??
Official I sold my Neon Member #004

-Devil-
2GN Member

Post by -Devil- » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:55 pm

i have gotten 3 tickets in one day ... in 3 different states ...

don't want to try that again .. thats for sure.

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:41 am

damn dude that freaking sucks, yea va can be like that i heard about the crazy expensive tickets they pass out.

You could always move to baltimore...if you can deal with the crime rate cops up here have to deal with real serious crimes and usally let us off pretty easy. I had a cop a few weeks ago pull me over for opening it up on liberty rd (i mean wot at a dead stop, mind you i dont have a cat) and the cop was about 3 cars back at the light and he zipped pass the other cars and caught up to me( i of course was way up the road and happend to see his lights and slowed down), well to make a long story short he pulled me over and let me off with a "nice car" not even a "slow down" or any smart comments like that.

not all cops are dicks... :)
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

03neonse03
2GN Member

Post by 03neonse03 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:35 am

alcohol sensing flashlight???

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:05 am

KrackstaR wrote:
not all cops are dicks... :)
Wish i could meet some of them.. i always get the strict cops

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:12 am

Wow, sorry to read about your trouble. I've had cops stop me for no reason a few times (even had them stop me when I've been walking down the street in downtown Indy :cussing: ) so I know how frustrating it can be. Keep your chin up and do your homework (what people above have been suggesting). :thumbup:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Return to “Off-Topic”