Wanting more and more HP....

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
TN.Frank
2GN Member

Post by TN.Frank » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:15 pm

I know I'll never get all the power I want out of my 2.0L but I can make it better then stock and maybe make a few people say "WTF" when a humble little Neon blows them away on the 1/8th mile at the local strip. :rockon:
?You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.?
-Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

FinalSomnia
2GN Member

Post by FinalSomnia » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:47 am

My girlfriend is always making fun of my car, because I drive a skittle. Well, at least, that was until I let her drive it. I let her take it to work with her and her boss, a bull-dyke with a mustang, was mocking it - at least til she started the car up. I love my exhaust note. When she saw that it was a quick little car, she left my girl alone about it.

There's something to be said about "I assumed it was JUST a NEON." Well, you are right, it is JUST A NEON. Just the kind of car that you underestimate. :D

I'm with you guys. There is nothing like speeding away from a green light when people assume you are in a tiny econobanger.

Also, going around turns quick gets the adrenaline pumping, and passing by all the slow people on, well, any road.

I am, for one time only, going to include "finding new performance parts on my doorstep" among things that make me very, very happy!
I have no idea what you are talking about. So here is me thinking about that picture of a rabbit with a pancake on its head.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:02 pm

It's a love hate thing.

I just do it because I need to, or want to. I wish I didn't care sometimes because I realize I've put alot of money into these things. I've already spend $1000 on my 98 in after market parts, and I bought it in December (for $1500). Something about just driving the car makes me happy.

When I launched my car friday on slicks, and the radio fell out of the dash, it was love. I cut a 2.155 60', my best to date. I only ran a 15.7 (also my best to date) but who cares?

The next run, when I snapped my axle at the line, it was a hate thing. own3d5974 happened to be there, and he drove me to autozone to get a new axle. I had it finished and was able to drive it home. That was a love thing.
So many neons so little time.

03blackrt
2GN Member

Post by 03blackrt » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:06 pm

invujerry wrote: When I launched my car friday on slicks, and the radio fell out of the dash, it was love.
My '03 r/t did that to me too! But instead of the radio falling out the rear view mirror fell off! :lol:

I agree, it's a love/hate thing.

anomalous0
2GN Member

Post by anomalous0 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:11 am

Also because any fool can go out there and "drop a 350 in it" with just about any body, but it takes alot of persistence and some degree of intelligence to make a neon go fast. Also you'll never get 35 MPG out of a car with a 350 in it, and some of the most modded street neons out there still get good gas mileage.
"If you haven't bled on it, it's not your car"

hul kogan
Former Moderator

Post by hul kogan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:22 am

invujerry wrote:It's a love hate thing.

I just do it because I need to, or want to. I wish I didn't care sometimes because I realize I've put alot of money into these things. I've already spend $1000 on my 98 in after market parts, and I bought it in December (for $1500). Something about just driving the car makes me happy.

When I launched my car friday on slicks, and the radio fell out of the dash, it was love. I cut a 2.155 60', my best to date. I only ran a 15.7 (also my best to date) but who cares?

The next run, when I snapped my axle at the line, it was a hate thing. own3d5974 happened to be there, and he drove me to autozone to get a new axle. I had it finished and was able to drive it home. That was a love thing.
very well put.
Chris | 00 Dodge Neon (Dark Jewel) | 04 Dodge Neon R/T | 00 Honda S2000 |

Proud member of CYL [www.caughtyalookin.com]

Cbussilver01es
2GN Member

Post by Cbussilver01es » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:12 am

esteinmaier wrote:For me, it's a sense of accomplishment.
:withstupid:

Idk my whole purpose for wanting more power is the simple fact of knowing that you have the capability to be able to something and you do it. Or the knowledge you gain by doing it. I think that is why people mod cars in the first place. Not just to go fast or to accelerate well but knowing that you have the know how and creativity to make it happen.

The whole reason that I have this turbo project planned is not only make the car faster, but also to know that the idea that I've had in my head for so long finally comes to life. Its not about a pride thing soo much or a "my car is faster than yours" mentality. to me its an art I guess you can say. :-k
-Sean
01 Dodge Neon MSII 2.0 DOHC turbo
Nos is a lot like a hot chick with std's you wanna hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2311033

03silversxt
2GN Member

Post by 03silversxt » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:11 am

"Look what my car can do!" Pretty much sums it all up!
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken!

asanti
2GN Member

Post by asanti » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:01 pm

As far as for me and why I've done all the things to my car: Honestly it's to see what can be done with the platform I have. I've heard so many times "ATX cars are slow", "they'll NEVER be better/faster/cooler than a _____ MTX blah blah blah". I've seen first hand what my car can do, both at the track and on the occasional "highway race" where the other person wants to line up and race. Many times I've been beat, but I've also left several people with their mouths open when they ask "what do you have under there?" and then I tell them "all-motor 2.0 automatic, with a stock block still" :thefinger: . So to me it's the satisfaction of being able to build something either on my own or with the help of friends that puts a smile on my face everytime I step on the gas; and also learning all about my car and it's motor in the process as well. I've done more work to my car in the past few years that I'd NEVER would have attempted before, and I've said it before it's a great feeling of satisfaction knowing that you CAN do it on your own! I can go on, but I won't :lol: but that's my .02. Oh and someone should sticky this somewhere too! :rockon:

Later
Allex
Official "I drove my Neon till it died" member #??? Parted out the '01 so that she can live on through others! (Now driving + modding my '09 Chevy HHR SS!)
Mat00ES wrote:Find me a buyer and I'll sell some body parts for car parts.

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:35 pm

On a serious note when people say to me "why do you spend all your money on making your car fast/nicer, when you can just buy a nicer car with some luxury." And to me, when I first starting modding my Neon, I was so happy with driving it. Now every time I start it up and take it around a turn fast, it makes me smile.

To me having a car that makes you happy is the biggest luxury of all, not radios that you talk to, or electronic seats.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Sun May 11, 2008 7:48 pm

I love learning how my car works how to make it faster how to make it handle and like glasswars said having a car that makes you smoile every time you punch it skid around an exit at 75mph thats something that heated seats or talking cars (unless it was night rider) do for me
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

Moparty08
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by Moparty08 » Mon May 12, 2008 2:28 pm

my car is a dd. I have nothing done but after browsing this site i dream about my car at night. wow i could start a poem.

anyway. It's just cool knowing that the :quotes: gay :quotes: car can be built to go faster than the :quotes: straight :quotes: cars.

Return to “Off-Topic”