Is anyone watching the presidential debate?

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
jake_tim
2GN Member

Is anyone watching the presidential debate?

Post by jake_tim » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:18 pm

It's going something like this....

How can Senator McCain expect to run this nation if he cannot even speak with correct grammar? Why is this man more concerned with "military veterans" than the other ~97% of this country? His ideals on subjects such as the economy, energy, and international affairs are completely ignorant. It seems to me that he is more for spiting Senator Obama and arguing solely against his ideals than conveying his plans for the betterment of the country.

Discuss.

03_SXT
2GN Member

Post by 03_SXT » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:09 pm

"I know the veterans, I know what they are going through, they are my friends, and I will take care of them, I promise you that"

McCain didn't have very good answers, I heard about general ideas and what "needs" to be done, not what he plans on actually "doing."

I don't know what the hell this country is turning into. My dad questions himself everyday, should we even be here?

~Amit

Swordfish2Cowboy
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Swordfish2Cowboy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:10 pm

Since when did McCain not use proper grammar?

Also, McCain stated ideas and examples, whereas Obama needed to sit and think. Which isn't exactly bad, but it was a debate.
03_SXT wrote:"I know the veterans, I know what they are going through, they are my friends, and I will take care of them, I promise you that"

McCain didn't have very good answers, I heard about general ideas and what "needs" to be done, not what he plans on actually "doing."

I don't know what the hell this country is turning into. My dad questions himself everyday, should we even be here?

~Amit
If you leave, I call dibs on your car.
ImageImage
:mopar: :runaway:

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:15 pm

I missed it due to Finals. Anyone find a video online yet?
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:39 pm

Fixed your picture:
:twisted:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 pm

go to CNN.com of FOXNEWS.com for videos...

As for McCain vs. Obama, I only have to say that I vote for McCain because of Iraw. He has the right idea and I think he will make all the right decisions regarding the situation there. We will remain in Iraq for a long time, much like we are still in Germany (since 1945) and Japan (also '45) Like it or not, we are in Iraq, debating about us not supposed to be there is stupid - Obama constantly pushes this point. We are there, it was wrong, it went bad, now we fixed it and must remain to clean up our mess. As a result of staying we will be able to take a country which was in need of rescue from an immoral and evil tyrrant and turn it into a beacon of hope and (in my view) one day a key ally in the Middle East which is VITAL to the future of America and Israel.

All slams on candidates aside, Obama has no experience to run a country, and I believe his comment on 'invading' Pakistan are irresponsible and proves his lack of understanding of the Presidential position. Also is idea of sitting down with leaders like Hugo Chavez, Raul Castro and Ahmedinejad without preconditions of ANY kind are a horrible idea. Sure, we need to sit down and talk, but to give these people legitamacy on the international level will be detrimental to American Foreign Policy.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

jrumann59
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by jrumann59 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:38 am

Obama didn't impress me, I hear how he is such an eloquent speaker, he is about 2 notches, uh, above Paris hilton. I guess the guy can't get the marbles out of his mouth unless he has a teleprompter. Not impressed at all and McCain was McCain, good, bad, or indifferent.
bone-yard-racing wrote:
Remind him of two things for the mustang:
Slow in=Fast out
Fast in=Ambulance out
ImageImage

Trinity
2GN Member

Post by Trinity » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:41 am

All they did was agree with eachother on pretty much everything. Cept.. where they wanna move the troops to. lol

But who cares.. best part was at the end.

Cindy McCain is a MILF.
2008 Caliber SRT 4 - "Click"
2012 Fiat 500 - "Pixel"

2013 Fiat Abarth (on order)

Cbussilver01es
2GN Member

Post by Cbussilver01es » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:28 am

Trinity wrote: Cindy McCain is a MILF.
QFT! lol

that is all.
-Sean
01 Dodge Neon MSII 2.0 DOHC turbo, '13 Dodge Dart Mopar Edition 1.4 Multi-Air turbo
Nos is a lot like a hot chick with std's you wanna hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2311033

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:33 am

I was listening to the debate on the car radio while I was driving my route but, as soon as they both started interrupting each other and were talking at the same time, I just powered the radio off. I didn't even switch to a music station, just turned it off. One is too far left, the other is too far right. Why can't we in this country have more choices (i.e. political parties)- like Canada, for example? All we do is bounce back and forth between the Rebuplicrats and the Demicans. :aargh:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Paul56
2GN Member

Post by Paul56 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:08 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:I was listening to the debate on the car radio while I was driving my route but, as soon as they both started interrupting each other and were talking at the same time, I just powered the radio off. I didn't even switch to a music station, just turned it off. One is too far left, the other is too far right. Why can't we in this country have more choices (i.e. political parties)- like Canada, for example? All we do is bounce back and forth between the Rebuplicrats and the Demicans. :aargh:
Sure, we have more political choices in Canada... but realistically with the current political scene there are only two parties with a snowball in hell chance of forming a government.... Liberals or the Conservatives.

NDP - not a chance despite their leader's rhetoric saying he is running for the office of Prime Minister.

Green Party - Will legalize marijuana and provide a guaranteed income to all Canadians. Interesting ideas but unfortunately zero chance of getting into power.

Bloc Quebecois - They only run candidates in the province of Quebec and ONLY represent Quebec. They are a separatist party in a Federal system representing ONLY the interest of the separatists in Quebec... who would break up Canada so Quebec can become a country.
2011 Honda Fit Sport

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:11 pm

Main points that I noted in the debate:
McCain rarely made eye contact with Obama, often chuckling and rolling his eyes.
McCain's big points were, the Surge in Iraq was a success, government spending needs to be cut cut cut, and tax cuts of some kind
McCain did a larger number of offensive accusation, which may have turned out in his favor, though appeared very aggressive and slightly unstatesmenlike.
Obama's main points were, tax cuts for the middle class, finishing Afghanistan, securing our transit/ports, and the importance of affordable healthcare.
Obama did a great job of relating how the current economic situation will affect our global relations

Like it or not, we are in Iraq, debating about us not supposed to be there is stupid - Obama constantly pushes this point.
I seem to remember him pushing that we never finished the job in Afghanistan. His main point on the subject was that we have more troops in Iraq than Afghanistan and we have never caught Bin Laden.
All slams on candidates aside, Obama has no experience to run a country, and I believe his comment on 'invading' Pakistan are irresponsible and proves his lack of understanding of the Presidential position.
How is that any different than as Obama pointed out, "Bomb Bomb Iran." If McCain was true in saying the northern region of Pakistan is mostly tribal and uncontrolled, and we have a clear shot at Bin Laden w/o cooperation of Pakistan, I think any Country would have the right-of-way to take down the multi-national criminal and murderer.

I completely agree on the issue that two candidates and the two party system hurts America as a whole. Divided we Fall. The economic crisis is going to play an increasingly large part this election term.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:19 pm

I only caught the last three minutes; I was disappointed. I caught it at a party, nonetheless. So basically, I heard nothing.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:51 pm

I didn't see the debate, but I can't stand either of those two. I'm disappointed in both major political party choices there are. I'm going to vote for the Libertarian party, in hopes that the next election (if there is one) they will get equal funding like the reps and dems get. I don't think there is anything I can do right now, I just see more inflation, possible a HUGE depression with this stupid fucking "Bailout" they want to do, and switching from Iraq to Iran. We have no chance in hell against Iran, because if we invade them, Russia said they would attack us.

I just hope in 2 years someone can point at me and say "You were wrong, I told you so!"

Cbussilver01es
2GN Member

Post by Cbussilver01es » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:12 am

invujerry wrote: and switching from Iraq to Iran. We have no chance in hell against Iran, because if we invade them, Russia said they would attack us.
And that is what scares me.. With the way things are now and our military stretched so then because of an Unpopular war Like any war is popular in the first place... :roll: will not survive, and all these people that say "Oh lets just go blow all the towel heads up", are convinced that, more war and violence will be the answer. And one thing that scares me with John McCain is that in my opinion he seems that he would be a president that "shoots first, and then ask questions later" One thing that I think about the situation in Iraq is that the people who are blowing stuff up, and doing these attacks have nothing to do with Al Qaeda, but are more of Al Qaeda posers. I could always be wrong though. I just hope and pray that war with Iran and Russia do not happen, because I think that would be very bad for the world and especially for the United States, If we are having significant deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan which are smaller and less organized than Russia and Iran we will see even more with larger countries like those.

I'd rather see a significant amount of time spent in New Orleans or Houston and Galveston, than in Iraq trying to help them rebuild. Home is where things need to be fixed, instead of abroad. Or the poverty in the inner cities, job loss, everything goes hand and hand.

Like was stated before, divided we are sure to fail, and thats the truth. All things need to get cast aside because the problems here are too big and far greater than Rep & Dems placing the blame game.

And to finish off my rant,
So many people say that Barack Obama is a muslim.. so what? What is wrong with Islam Are we that scared of someone bc of religion, I know plenty of people who are islamic and feel that what is happening with the wars isnt what islam is about at all. And yes there are radical Islamic militants that want to see us dead but thats a minorty.. If I remember correct there are groups of people here in the good ole US of A that used to do horrible acts of hate all in the name of "god" the Klu Klux Klan... is a good example. So there is example of extreme christianity, even though what they are doing is far from it.
-Sean
01 Dodge Neon MSII 2.0 DOHC turbo, '13 Dodge Dart Mopar Edition 1.4 Multi-Air turbo
Nos is a lot like a hot chick with std's you wanna hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:48 am

well let's see. On one hand we have the Antichrist (read revelations and the description of the antichrist and see if Obama doesn't fulfill the prophecy if elected) and on the other hand we have an extramilitant old motherfucker and a retarded bitch that can't answer a question originally. I can't in good concience vote for either of these fucks. But ron Paul will get my vote this election.

blue demon02
2GN Member

Post by blue demon02 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:56 pm

I'm going to vote for MCcain. I would like to keep my job and would like to not see any of my family get blown up in there own homes. Simple as that.

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:00 pm

Calling Obama the Anti-christ is just plain ignorant.
blue demon02 wrote:I'm going to vote for MCcain. I would like to keep my job and would like to not see any of my family get blown up in there own homes. Simple as that.
How do you figure?
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

mopar4life
2GN Member

Post by mopar4life » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:27 pm

Screw this hell hole of a country if Ofailo gets elected, Im goin to Australia....
randomZERO wrote:I'm trying to help you not insult you. This is why neons have a bad name is because people buy all these plastic do dads and crazy lites, the neon is not a christmas tree. .

Cbussilver01es
2GN Member

Post by Cbussilver01es » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:11 am

mopar4life wrote:Screw this hell hole of a country if Ofailo gets elected, Im goin to Australia....
And if McCain gets elected I'll go back to AFRICA...... :roll:

c'mon lets be realistic here, its really getting old, whoever gets elected is going to have a GIANT mess to try to clean up bc of the previous president..., and I doubt that either one can clean it up in 4 years.

If we have the power then we need to demand that our elected officials do something not just cast our vote and expect them to do something. REGARDLESS of party lines.

McCain is too old...
Obama is a muslim... :roll:

If you don't like either then don't vote, or cast your vote for the Libertarian party, or the Independents, but if you do, do it because you know where they stand on the issues. Don't just vote because one is the lesser evil.

C'mon people this is getting out of hand. We all know who we are going to vote for, so why are we still having talks about the election? All we are gonna do is bitch because we have different opinions and then the topic will get locked or someone will get mad. Blah blah blah

Basing your vote on thinking someone is the anti-christ, or because of their religion, or because their race, or gender is just ignorant.
-Sean

jake_tim
2GN Member

Post by jake_tim » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:19 pm

I'm just going to throw this out there. Why do we care so much about the religious status of presidential candidates? Most voters are more concerned with how much of an advocate of Christianity a candidate is than the ability to run this country.

I am a non-denominational christian, and will be proud to say it when asked or etc. But where is the privacy in religion? Where is the "intimate relationship" between god and yourself when you must proclaim repeatedly your views in order to "get ahead" of the other candidate.

I just do not see why people take religion into such serious account when choosing an executive to head the country (division between state and religion, remember?). It needs to be more about the views and policies of candidate than religious views, I mean, we aren't Puritans anymore.

blue demon02
2GN Member

Post by blue demon02 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:51 pm

jake_tim wrote:I'm just going to throw this out there. Why do we care so much about the religious status of presidential candidates? Most voters are more concerned with how much of an advocate of Christianity a candidate is than the ability to run this country.

I am a non-denominational christian, and will be proud to say it when asked or etc. But where is the privacy in religion? Where is the "intimate relationship" between god and yourself when you must proclaim repeatedly your views in order to "get ahead" of the other candidate.

I just do not see why people take religion into such serious account when choosing an executive to head the country (division between state and religion, remember?). It needs to be more about the views and policies of candidate than religious views, I mean, we aren't Puritans anymore.
Because what their religion is speaks to the kind of leaders they are going to be. I have been a Chaplains Assistant in the Army now for 7 years and I can tell you from experience that what religion someone is plays a big part in the kind of leader they are.
ZeroChad wrote:How do you figure?
I saw what happened when our military got cut back and what happened when we left everyone alone and let them all do their own thing. 9-11 is what happened. Will Obama cut back the military and start being nice to all the other countries and start trying to talk peace and what not? Damn right he is he has already said so. Guess what will happen if we stop keeping them busy in other countries? They will come attack us again. Regardless if I do or do not think we should be in the countries we are in I'm damn glad that we are keeping the shit from hitting our homes in America.

Return to “Off-Topic”