Page 1 of 1

After 3 long years....

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:23 pm
by LionheartedSXT
I finally get pulled over for the first time in my life and for what you ask? my tints! :cussing: He asks the obvious question "do you know why I stopped you?" And I definitely wanted to hear a good reason why cuz if he was gonna bust me for going 5 mph over the speed limit then he is a rookie. He tells me to roll up my window a bit and I was just like wow. And he put the thing over my window and tells me the legal limit for tints is 22% and mine read 6% I wanted to ask is the thing going to go up, but then I figured that wasn't an appropriate time lol. Then he goes on to ask me about do I have drugs, bombs, explosives, weapons, dead bodies in the car (which I guess they are supposed to ask you, Idk at that point my pops thought he was racial profiling when I told him about it, but I didn't see it that way or maybe I'm just oblivious to stuff like that) but obviously I denied that, and he just went about his business and told me to get it fixed :roll: . But after 3 years, come on now, either the cops near me don't give a shit or this one was just extremely bored...Sorry I just felt like sharing...

Re: After 3 long years....

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:53 pm
by jrumann59
LionheartedSXT wrote:I finally get pulled over for the first time in my life and for what you ask? my tints! :cussing: He asks the obvious question "do you know why I stopped you?" And I definitely wanted to hear a good reason why cuz if he was gonna bust me for going 5 mph over the speed limit then he is a rookie. He tells me to roll up my window a bit and I was just like wow. And he put the thing over my window and tells me the legal limit for tints is 22% and mine read 6% I wanted to ask is the thing going to go up, but then I figured that wasn't an appropriate time lol. Then he goes on to ask me about do I have drugs, bombs, explosives, weapons, dead bodies in the car (which I guess they are supposed to ask you, Idk at that point my pops thought he was racial profiling when I told him about it, but I didn't see it that way or maybe I'm just oblivious to stuff like that) but obviously I denied that, and he just went about his business and told me to get it fixed :roll: . But after 3 years, come on now, either the cops near me don't give a shit or this one was just extremely bored...Sorry I just felt like sharing...
I say either a rookie cop or he was bored, plus maybe with the recent high profile street racing accident in florida the cops are probably just doing pull overs to make their presence known. I still get harassed from time to time by rooks and bored state troopers.

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:59 pm
by LionheartedSXT
I mean I didn't get a ticket so its all good, but I mean like 5 mins after getting pulled over a charger r/t flies past me doing at least 100 mph, like always where is a cop when they are really needed...

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:36 am
by jetas
haha the only times ive been asked if i had knifes,guns,bombs,grenades,and BAZOOKAS in the car/on me was wen they wer guna search my shit. he must have just been bored. U dint get a ticket so fuckit jus keep the tints and roll wit the windows down.

Re: After 3 long years....

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:36 am
by jT
LionheartedSXT wrote:Then he goes on to ask me about do I have drugs, bombs, explosives, weapons, dead bodies in the car (which I guess they are supposed to ask you, Idk at that point my pops thought he was racial profiling when I told him about it, but I didn't see it that way or maybe I'm just oblivious to stuff like that)
you and your pops need to watch COPS

its a tactic to see how you respond.. see if you are nervous or anything.. if you got a few keys of coke or weed in the trunk you wont laugh or anything when he asks if you got any tanks in the trunk....

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:53 am
by Kelevra
They're never around when they're needed. except the one time some bitch in a lead sled of a car ran a stop sign and I hit my brakes, tire lock up (wet road) I steer out of the way somehow and missed her by, literally, inches. pop her in neutral, still on the brakes, rev the engine while on the horn and then I notice the cop car behind me and he turns on his lights and I thought "Shit, he's after me 'cause I was reving and all" I pull over. he rushes by and pulls over the bitch who I almost hit.

Justice is served

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:03 am
by Tam
I would be happy if I were you. Tint tickets are usually among the highest costing ones out there, and since you got away, consider yourself fortunate. :thumbup:

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:04 am
by glasswars
jetas wrote:haha the only times ive been asked if i had knifes,guns,bombs,grenades,and BAZOOKAS in the car/on me was wen they wer guna search my shit. he must have just been bored. U dint get a ticket so fuckit jus keep the tints and roll wit the windows down.
LMFAO @ bazookas

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:15 pm
by Sykora
that stinks dude. I like how he tells you to fix it. Like that's such an easy task like fixing a broken tail light or something.

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:07 pm
by Fuzzyneon
ive been ask any alcohol drugs crack? bodies in the car they do random ass questions to see if you react my uncles a cop for 26 years thats how they roll now

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:13 pm
by MyNeonSaysHi
Thats why I got legal tint. 35% out here. Not worth the hassle.

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:55 pm
by fixitmattman
Back home a stop like that is pretty common. Since you didn't get a ticket I would consider yourself lucky, maybe heed the advice. Cops are normally picky about tint, usually it's a legal requirement to be able to see the driver through the side windows and the windshield.

Re: After 3 long years....

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:59 pm
by Passt
LionheartedSXT wrote:I finally get pulled over for the first time in my life and for what you ask? my tints! :cussing: He asks the obvious question "do you know why I stopped you?" And I definitely wanted to hear a good reason why cuz if he was gonna bust me for going 5 mph over the speed limit then he is a rookie. He tells me to roll up my window a bit and I was just like wow. And he put the thing over my window and tells me the legal limit for tints is 22% and mine read 6% I wanted to ask is the thing going to go up, but then I figured that wasn't an appropriate time lol. Then he goes on to ask me about do I have drugs, bombs, explosives, weapons, dead bodies in the car (which I guess they are supposed to ask you, Idk at that point my pops thought he was racial profiling when I told him about it, but I didn't see it that way or maybe I'm just oblivious to stuff like that) but obviously I denied that, and he just went about his business and told me to get it fixed :roll: . But after 3 years, come on now, either the cops near me don't give a shit or this one was just extremely bored...Sorry I just felt like sharing...
I hate it when people accuse me of racial profiling. News flash. If your tint is 5%, I can't fucking see you.

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:09 pm
by LionheartedSXT
Relax yo, I didn't accuse the officer of anything, I'm not saying he was racial profiling, And didn't you also say you have 5% tints as well? I guess being a cop has its perks then...

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:16 pm
by Passt
LionheartedSXT wrote:Relax yo, I didn't accuse the officer of anything, I'm not saying he was racial profiling, And didn't you also say you have 5% tints as well? I guess being a cop has its perks then...
Hehe I'm not angry at you, I was just venting in general because it made me think of all the ignorant assholes I pull over, accusing me of stuff like that. I also didn't say that I don't think you should have 5% tint lol, because yes, I have it as well.

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:39 pm
by OverDrive418
On the list of things the cop wants to write you a ticket for window tint and a tail/headlight out are on the bottom of that list. What it does is allow the cop to pull you off the road and get the chance do a random search.
It is somewhat of a nussaince and a waste of time for those who are legit, except for the minor infraction of the illegal tint or light out (which is why in most cases all you get is a warning or fix-it ticket unless you start being a prick about it).
But you'd be amazed at some of the s#it that turns up in a random search! I've learned to be friendly with a couple cops in the neighborhood just to get a sense of whats going on in the community and man do they have some stories of what "started as a simple tailight infraction turns into a drug trafficing/murder case".
Dead bodies in the trunk...not such a silly question now huh?!
Craziness is all around us!

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:05 pm
by Mat00ES
About 2-3 years ago, on a random search. Cops in my old town found a hand in someones trunk.

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:37 am
by LowNSlow
You're young... you don't understand yet...

You break the law...you will eventually get caught.

Don't whine about it when you do.

That's why I got legal tint on my vehicles.

The cop was doing his job. Lay off him.

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:31 am
by LionheartedSXT
LowNSlow wrote:You're young... you don't understand yet...

You break the law...you will eventually get caught.

Don't whine about it when you do.

That's why I got legal tint on my vehicles.

The cop was doing his job. Lay off him.
Bro your not that much older than me lol, and trust me I understand, and for the last time I ain't dogging the cop, I know he was doing his job, so please enough with all that...

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:47 pm
by LowNSlow
LionheartedSXT wrote:
LowNSlow wrote:You're young... you don't understand yet...

You break the law...you will eventually get caught.

Don't whine about it when you do.

That's why I got legal tint on my vehicles.

The cop was doing his job. Lay off him.
Bro your not that much older than me lol, and trust me I understand, and for the last time I ain't dogging the cop, I know he was doing his job, so please enough with all that...
Age is just a number.... experience is where it's at.....

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:13 am
by kc2005ptgt
Well, I am more older than both of you and LowNSlow has a point, the law is the law, and when you break it and get caught there is really no reason to complain about it. Now, had the cop said he pulled you over because of the color of your skin, your hair style, or the language of the music coming out of your car window.... yeah, complaints all around. :D

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:23 pm
by LionheartedSXT
It's not a fact of me complaining about it, Obviously the law is the law, we should know this by now for people that have been driving for a while now. I didn't get a ticket so I have no right to complain. All I am saying is after riding around for 3 years with these tints, it shows you how much illegal tints really matters to them. That is all.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:45 pm
by Adionik
I have 5% tint on every window in the neon. I roll them down immediately when I see a cop...but I know it's just a matter of time till I get busted. I usually cruise with the AC off though

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:07 pm
by yellowpatrol
When I first got my car and still had the temp tag in the rear windshield I got pulled over by county sheriff for not having a tag. He couldn't see it through the tint, even though I've never tinted my car and it just has the factory tint. No ticket, just written warning. Oh and he made up some BS about me following too closely when I pointed out the tag to him and told him it was factory level tint, I assume he was embarrassed for having shitty vision.

Re: After 3 long years....

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 pm
by OB
jT wrote:
LionheartedSXT wrote:Then he goes on to ask me about do I have drugs, bombs, explosives, weapons, dead bodies in the car (which I guess they are supposed to ask you, Idk at that point my pops thought he was racial profiling when I told him about it, but I didn't see it that way or maybe I'm just oblivious to stuff like that)
you and your pops need to watch COPS

its a tactic to see how you respond.. see if you are nervous or anything.. if you got a few keys of coke or weed in the trunk you wont laugh or anything when he asks if you got any tanks in the trunk....
:rofl: