I'm in need of your help.

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
User avatar
bone-yard-racing
2GN Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: York PA
Contact:

Post by bone-yard-racing » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 am

^ I have $2001 for it and an army of 1gns

Joe Im going to send you something in the mail paypal needs the money way less than you.
Image

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran
Posts: 12206
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: RI

Post by LilSparkPlug » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:32 am

OhNo2.0 wrote:
The only other person I pissed off was LSP but that was because she has PMS and I was simply trying to CLARIFY one of her how:to's so anyone reading the thread would know exactly what light to purchase...since she did not make it clear and decided it would be alright to call me down cause I'm a "noob".

I do admit I came into this thread with ALOT of heart, but it's cause I strongly believe that greed and poverty are some of the the worst issues facing the world today...and this thread just happened to contain both.

So yeah, I have opinions, and if you are like LSP and ignore common sense then yes you will probably get frustrated with me.
What? Keep me out of this post please.....the only person that apparently has PMS, no tact and a lack of common sense on this forum lately is you. Stop cluttering his thread. We get the point that you don't agree with it, but he does...and it's his thread. Your opinion has been voiced....

Now move along and troll another thread.

Joe, I'm sorry for your situation and unfortunately I cannot help. Best wishes for getting back on your feet.

User avatar
PhillyLS1
BANNED
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 pm
Location: Philly/MD

Post by PhillyLS1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:36 am

LilSparkPlug wrote: What? Keep me out of this post please.....the only person that apparently has PMS, no tact and a lack of common sense on this forum lately is you. Stop cluttering his thread. We get the point that you don't agree with it, but he does...and it's his thread. Your opinion has been voiced....

Now move along and troll another thread.

Joe, I'm sorry for your situation and unfortunately I cannot help. Best wishes for getting back on your feet.
Why so PMS-ssy?
Image
Image
Official "SRT-4 parts came on SRTs for a reason" Member #0001
Official "I'm going to drive my neon until something better comes along." Member # 0001

User avatar
Canada
Junior Admin
Posts: 4816
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Island Grove, Ontario, Canada

Post by Canada » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 am

Ok guys. Last and final warning on this. No one needs to get banned, nor has anyone said anything bannable yet. I just ask that we keep this to helping Joe, monetarily if you desire, or just words of support otherwise.

Do not bring in other dirty laundry you have with other members, do not use inappropriate language, do not be an idiot. This site has always allowed members to freely speak their mind within reason, and will continue to do so provided that you can do it in a mature and appropriate manner.

I really don't want to lock this thread, so please don't give me a reason to do so.

Paul56
2GN Member
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:11 pm
Location: Texas

Re: I'm in need of your help.

Post by Paul56 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:01 pm

teamliviD wrote:As everyone knows I'm losing my $85k a year job.
Been there... done that. Went from $120k/yr position to unemployed to $30k/yr.

What did I learn?

-to quickly get rid of the financial burdens by whatever means that can no longer be supported in the new financial reality

-realized that stuff is just stuff and not something to get emotionally attached to

-resolved that if I ever got out of the mess that I would live *well* below my means regardless of my income

I would say that your employer has been extremely unfair with you in the handling of this situation. Someone decided to make a huge deal out of this with you landing up as the victim.

I wish you the very best of luck in working through this Joe.
2011 Honda Fit Sport

User avatar
kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator
Posts: 6587
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO
Contact:

Post by kc2005ptgt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:59 am

Ok, so I wasn't going to post anything and let people like OhNo and Matt give their opinions and let the others bash them or support them. But I guess I have had a change of heart...

Honestly, all of you are wrong in some form or another and it is because you are either being selfish, hateful, hurtful, mean, bad tempered, or just an out right dik (it's spelled dick, dumbass). There, I got my anger out of the way, now to speak a bit more fairly to everyone.

I spent a better part of two years homeless and on the streets addicted to drugs an alcohol. I was always looking for a hand out to support my habits. Hell, I even stole, robbed and did other things which I care not to elaborate on because I was an addict and had a need that had to be fullfilled.

This is a completely different situation. Matt, you said people were supporting the habit not the person - how so? I believe that those who are reaching out are doing so because they consider Joe a friend. They are not saying mean things because they consider him a friend. If my friend was down on her/his luck I would reach out and offer help. Am I supporting the friend or the habits they have? What would you define habits? Cars? Sure, maybe, but what about food? he asked for food cards and paypal transfers and gas cards. All of these are things which vary from week to week - you may have a metting off property and suddenly you drive an extra 50 miles that week which was unaccounted for - now you have 2 less gallons in the tank (sometimes 3). And now you need an extra $9 to fill up and do it earlier than intended... point is, people sent money because they felt it was right to do. But who decides what is right and wrong? You? God I hope not...

Also, people defending Joe - by getting angry and name-calling you sink down to their level, you play right into their trap (people like Adionik who thrive on creating strife). Blow them off, pass them by, and forget they ever posted - that alone will make them crazy and they will give it up.

And for those of you who do not know, here are some stats on the DC-Metro area: In Washington DC, the annual cost of living (as of 2005) was 137.8% of the national index, whereas housing costs were 201.2% more than the national average. The cost of misc. goods and services was 111.3% over the national average and grocery items were 114.5% Only NY, San Diego, Los Angeles and Honolulu were higher (Three of the nations largest cities, and one is on an island in the middle fo the Pacific Ocean). The average annual pay per person in the US is $34,868 whereas in DC it is $42,601.
So yeah, he lives in a very high cost, high income area, and taking a 50% pay cut is going to be hard.

Now, some of you guys who ranted and raved, called names, and basically acted like asses did actually have some valid points... changing lifestyle, checking and rechecking finances, and basically do whatever it takes to get back on track with what you have and deal with it - true, yes - but why get all bent out of shape and start saying stuff like, "you're begging; you're worthless; I have had it worse than you, I have no job; I never beg; blah blah blah..." ends up making your points sound like rants and comes across as being down right mean, rude, and an all around asshole. You can make your points without sounds like a chimp, and you can make valid arguments without being a dik (it spelled dick!).

If you do not like what he is doing, why point it out? Seriously, give me one valid reason, and make everyone who told you to shut up, shut up instead. Give a reason, I challenge you to it.

And for those of you who have lost your jobs, or are loosing your jobs, I extend a prayer out to you because I know what it is like - my wife, after finding out we are pregnant, is loosing her well paying job of 13 years as well because the company wants to send it out to Vegas - not to save money, but to garner more control over the company.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

Image

2003silverneonsxt
2GN Member
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:48 pm
Location: Lebanon PA
Contact:

Post by 2003silverneonsxt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:41 am

since i only have 20$ to my name right now..alls i can say is..good luck joe.. i hope everything turns around for you. your a good guy and i would help if i could!
hmmmmm
Image

User avatar
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran
Posts: 11794
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:46 pm
Location: Kansas

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:42 am

/end thread

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

User avatar
Adionik
2GN Member
Posts: 2777
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:37 am
Location: S.A

Post by Adionik » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:20 pm

kc2005ptgt wrote:Also, people defending Joe - by getting angry and name-calling you sink down to their level, you play right into their trap (people like Adionik who thrive on creating strife).
Hahahahah. Oh man you've always had a hard on for me haven't you? I'm so glad you're not a mod anymore. It actually surprises me to see people like Opi and Philly acknowledging that the mod team and a few others are insane (save for Frank)...people like you are the reason the Witch Trials happened :rofl:

I'm not offended though, at all. I mean how could I be?
I spent a better part of two years homeless and on the streets addicted to drugs an alcohol. I was always looking for a hand out to support my habits. Hell, I even stole, robbed and did other things which I care not to elaborate on because I was an addict and had a need that had to be fullfilled.
:lol:
dank(r/t) wrote:you tell 'em altezza light, black headlight cover guy!
you know what's up, it's obvious.
TheRandom1 wrote:Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.

User avatar
Danteneon
Former Moderator
Posts: 9591
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:13 pm
Location: Manassas, VA

Post by Danteneon » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:21 pm

OK, on that note...

Sorry Joe :(
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

Image

User avatar
BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor
Posts: 12729
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:58 am
Location: WNY

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:44 pm

I unlocked this to make my point:
Sorry for the comments I made earlier. I have had so much to deal with work related and to come to 2GN to see one of my family getting bashed really put me over the edge. I apoligise to anyone I offended and I have to say that I agree with both sides of everyone's opinions. I wish I made the $ he did, I currently make around what he was demoted to.
But to see a friend get hacked like this really makes me remember what 2GN did for me a few years back. It takes alot to ask for donations and my situation that I had to deal with makes me feel for him. My progress log started with my downfall and with a little help from 2GN members got me back on my feet.
I know you all have your opinion on things and the comments are greatly apreciated, but there is a point where some people should just keep there comments to themselves.Case in point, what I stated earlier to threaten the ban hammer I should have kept to myself, it was un called for and I just let my emotions loose. I apoligise for what I had stated.
Image
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #666
(she officially died in 2018 by being donated to a church...seriously)

Locked

Return to “Off-Topic”