I'm in need of your help.

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
fixitmattman
2GN Member

Post by fixitmattman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:31 pm

ugh
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/fixitmattman
How to fix your car:
1. Buy a Haynes manual
2. Read Haynes maual
3. Read and search appropriate threads, trust us, it's been covered before
4. Fix car
5. Consume beer of job well done

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:49 am

I know one thing for sure, Joe took a few nut shots at Carlisle and he did not hit the ground :lol:

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:11 am

BlackRoseRacing wrote:I know one thing for sure, Joe took a few nut shots at Carlisle and he did not hit the ground :lol:
:laughing3:
I hate when i miss out on those epic moments :(
|Danny|
06 VW Jetta 2.5 MTX - 4 Doors fit more whores.

"In search of the perfect beat. I found my soul"

teamliviD
ECN Moderator

Post by teamliviD » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:54 pm

Id like to thank the following people. Thank you all so much.

Shawn Law
Brian Hagman
Janet Callejas

You have very kind heart and we are very greatful, thank you.
Joe
team liviD
2K5 Black SRT-4
2K2 Black R/T..thats right I'm bringing her back!!
2K6 Red Charger R/T

ECN v2.0 IS HERE.....
Support 2gn! viewtopic.php?t=39019

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:10 pm

No problem man. Anything I can do to help I will. just wish you were closer so I could maybe do a little more to help.

If anyone lives in any of these states as well (NY, CT, ME, VT, OR, IA, MA, DE, HI, or MI) you should save your cans and bottles as well. It's 5 cents for each I believe and every little bit will help Joe and his family.
New Hampshire is the only state with the word DIE in it's state motto.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #000069

Official "2gn Fuzzy Dice Club" Member #1

slaw
2GN Member

Post by slaw » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:19 pm

teamliviD wrote:Id like to thank the following people. Thank you all so much.

Shawn Law

You have very kind heart and we are very greatful, thank you.
hey man no problem good luck with everything guys

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:18 pm

BlackRoseRacing wrote:I know one thing for sure, Joe took a few nut shots at Carlisle and he did not hit the ground :lol:
a few pretty hard ones at that he is a hero in my book.
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:47 pm

Fuzzyneon wrote:
a few pretty hard ones at that he is a hero in my book.
:rofl:

Bump for joe!!
|Danny|

PhillyLS1
BANNED

Post by PhillyLS1 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:21 am

teamliviD wrote:Look, I understand that some people are just assholes and will never go out of their way to help someone in need. I have helped alot of people in the past not only here on this site but real life friends aswell. I am not one to beg or ask for help...but its getting to that point where I have to. Dont think that I havent started looking for part time work for both me and my wife. Dont think that I havent walked through my house adding up the money from everything I would HAVE to sell just to keep my house. And dont think that the one thing that I care about second to my wife, my car...and how much it would kill me to part it out...like I havent been there before. Just so you understand..$85k aint shit in the DC metro area. I'm lucky to make that much and to make half of that I cant even afford my mortgage with two pay checks a month.

So if you dont have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut. When it's your turn in need I hope we look the other way.

To everyone else thank you for everything even if its just a pat on the back to wish me luck.
85K a year is good money. Even in DC. That statement is very misleading.
Official "SRT-4 parts came on SRTs for a reason" Member #0001
Official "I'm going to drive my neon until something better comes along." Member # 0001

OhNo2.0
2GN Member

Post by OhNo2.0 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:15 am

PhillyLS1 wrote:
teamliviD wrote:Look, I understand that some people are just assholes and will never go out of their way to help someone in need. I have helped alot of people in the past not only here on this site but real life friends aswell. I am not one to beg or ask for help...but its getting to that point where I have to. Dont think that I havent started looking for part time work for both me and my wife. Dont think that I havent walked through my house adding up the money from everything I would HAVE to sell just to keep my house. And dont think that the one thing that I care about second to my wife, my car...and how much it would kill me to part it out...like I havent been there before. Just so you understand..$85k aint shit in the DC metro area. I'm lucky to make that much and to make half of that I cant even afford my mortgage with two pay checks a month.

So if you dont have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut. When it's your turn in need I hope we look the other way.

To everyone else thank you for everything even if its just a pat on the back to wish me luck.
85K a year is good money. Even in DC. That statement is very misleading.
At least someone gets the drift
Just out of curiosity I compared this...
I have a house about 10 minutes from his. $200K 2 bedroom townhouse and I am next to the ghetto. This area is very expensive. A high school janitor here can easily make $40K a year!! Cigarettes are $7.01 a pack. Gas closer to the city is well above $3.00. You dont find cars around here that are 10 years old. I would jump at the chance to get out of this area. Most people that move to this area dont make it because you cant survive on under $100K a year. Ohno2.0 your opinions if thats what you call them dont mean shit. You are a NOOB. This forum is a close family.

To my living situation and FYI (ban me if you must), cigarettes are $13/pack here, gas is close to $4/g and has been as high as $5+ and 40k/year is considered better then average. So if you know how to read, this means that where I live...85k/year is quite a large income to be making by ANYONE, and this is in an area that costs WAY more to live in then Mr.livids.

Family or not, this guy is still making above average wages...his qualifications aside.

So considering where I LIVE it costs more to maintain a certain standard of living then where he comes from. Which makes my point even clearer.

And I guess being "family" means everyone should put common sense aside and support some guy who's SOL average is still better then 75% of the rest of us users SOL. This makes no sense...

My point stands clear, being kicked in the "balls" or not, he is more then well enough off then most of us to take care of himself. It's the internet people, if you don't like my opinion ignore it. :tardbang:

So why ban me for being one of the only few who understands that this thread just doesn't add up. It's like bailing out a doctor that all the sudden loses half his clients...stupid

OhNo2.0
2GN Member

Post by OhNo2.0 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:31 am

Moparty08 wrote:Oh no 2.0 should be banned. He's been pissing everyone off since he got here.

I helped out cause that's the type of person I am.
The only other person I pissed off was LSP but that was because she has PMS and I was simply trying to CLARIFY one of her how:to's so anyone reading the thread would know exactly what light to purchase...since she did not make it clear and decided it would be alright to call me down cause I'm a "noob".

I do admit I came into this thread with ALOT of heart, but it's cause I strongly believe that greed and poverty are some of the the worst issues facing the world today...and this thread just happened to contain both.

So yeah, I have opinions, and if you are like LSP and ignore common sense then yes you will probably get frustrated with me.

:thumbup:

BTW I do not believe I broke any forum rules, if I did mods can pm me. Either that or make a rule that says "Keep personal opinions to self"

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Are you for real??? You must want to get the ban hammer.

Edit: personal opinion is one thing. Disrespecting joe by calling him a dike is another. And yes that does break a rule.

Please PM me if you fell the need to reply to this post.
|Danny|

superdan
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by superdan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:38 pm

OhNo2.0 im going to respond once and only once to your ignorant comments throughout this thread.

1.) Just stop...your not going to change the world with your "opinions". Not one of these members who posted in this thread are going to go "oh shit he is right, im a dumbass." And my commet (singular) wont change your opinion.

2.) Your comments are just plain ignorant. If your just going to bash someone you deserve to be banned. I could see if it was something about someones car and it was all fun and games. But this is real life.

3.) No one cares about your little facts.

3.5.) No one cares that you havent asked for money. Thats your fault/problem. If you really feel that it isnt fair that Joe is asking for money then ask yourself. But its too late for that cause most arent going to give you money.

4.) You must ignor or maybe not even know what common sense is. Or maybe you just dont realize how much of a dick you are. Whether you thinks its fair, unfair, pointless or whatever you feel just say good luck. There was absolutly no need to say anything you said.

5.) I will not respond to any comment you post about me. You wont get to me, you wont make me sad, you wont change my opinion, you wont make me mad. So just save your few brain cells you have.

Joe and Amanda i get paid tomorrow and i will toss you a few bucks. I would get you a gift card or something but around here we just pretty much have small grocery stores and what not. Not to sure what kind of restaurants you guys like so money seems easier. Good luck man hope everything works out for you!
03' Dodge Neon...SRT-4 swap
04' Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4

PhillyLS1
BANNED

Post by PhillyLS1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:17 pm

OhNo2.0 wrote:To my living situation and FYI (ban me if you must), cigarettes are $13/pack here, gas is close to $4/g and has been as high as $5+ and 40k/year is considered better then average. So if you know how to read, this means that where I live...85k/year is quite a large income to be making by ANYONE, and this is in an area that costs WAY more to live in then Mr.livids.

Family or not, this guy is still making above average wages...his qualifications aside.

So considering where I LIVE it costs more to maintain a certain standard of living then where he comes from. Which makes my point even clearer.

And I guess being "family" means everyone should put common sense aside and support some guy who's SOL average is still better then 75% of the rest of us users SOL. This makes no sense...

My point stands clear, being kicked in the "balls" or not, he is more then well enough off then most of us to take care of himself. It's the internet people, if you don't like my opinion ignore it. :tardbang:

So why ban me for being one of the only few who understands that this thread just doesn't add up. It's like bailing out a doctor that all the sudden loses half his clients...stupid
Like this guy or not, he's making very valid points.
Basically what he's saying is that everyone in this thread is feeling sorry for him for wanting a corvette and settling for a camaro. The OP still makes a pretty good living compared to most.

The weekly differential from $85K a year to $40K a year is $200-$400 weekly (depending on what he has taken out of pay). That can easily be made up in a 2-income household with a little hard work.

There's a fair amount of gray area in this thread. And I'm a pretty cynical person.
Last edited by PhillyLS1 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official "I'm going to drive my neon until something better comes along." Member # 0001

OhNo2.0
2GN Member

Post by OhNo2.0 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:18 pm

What you guys don't understand is I am WAY more of a pickle then Mr.Livid currently is. And if you read one of my previous posts you will find that where I live everything costs WAY MORE then where he lives, so that means it's def alot harder for me to make ends meet then it will be for him. These opinions are posted because of how I feel and how strong it is...this job loss shit is to the point where I have been diagnosed with major depression.

If you were me and you seen some greedy sob think 40k/yr is not enough to support his family and then BEG for money you would react the same way.

I don't care if you guys are too ignorant to see what I see, but I already put the facts in front of you and you all pushed it aside. I'm done with this useless thread.

Also, I would GLADLY take 40k/year.

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:21 pm

fixitmattman wrote:I seem to agree with a lot of spaghetti-ohno's point of view. I guess people who have lived on way less and know what it's like to to without understand how absurd the post is. I'm sure OP is a great guy, never doubted that. But he sure as hell isn't going hungry or to the poor house with $40k a year IF he manages his money correctly and makes a number of lifestyle changes. By the sounds of it he didn't before hand else he wouldn't have made the post.
I guess we're the last 3 sane people in this thread

It's ridiculous you all are bashing ohno2.0, he is saying nothing but the truth. But I understand...you guys are all friends and can't see it any other way. Not being sarcastic, i'd be the same way if it were my friend.

But I won't have sympathy for someone that makes 85k down to 40k, even if that is a recognizeable pay cut. You do what you gotta do, but i'd never beg for money or ask for help. Trim the belt where it's needed. Get rid of a car. Anything...
dank(r/t) wrote:you tell 'em altezza light, black headlight cover guy!
you know what's up, it's obvious.
TheRandom1 wrote:Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

So, i've been ignoring this whole thread for awhile. Finally decided to toss my 2 cents in.

If this new guy gets banned because of his opnion, then jesusfuckingchrist 2gn has gone more down hill than I thought. I'm not in the mood to search about his posts though to see if he merits a ban or not.

Howevern, I agree with parts of everyones posts.

All I'm going to say is, good luck Joe. I, for one, would sooner live in a box than as for help. Look on the bright side, you still have your job, even if it is a pay cut. :)
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:54 pm

OK folks, it's like this...

Treat this thread like a Car for Sale thread. If you don't agree with what is being asked, don't comment. Like Superdan said, your opinion won't change anyone's decision to give money. Having an opinion is fine, but in a thread like this keep it to yourself.

That said, there are no banable posts here. Lack of tact maybe. If you guys want to discuss whether someone should ask for help, change their ways, whatever, open an OT and have fun. Keep it out of this thread.
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

Dakota
n00b

Post by Dakota » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Now Guys...this is a very difficult issue. Although in Canada (where I believe Ohno2.0 said he was from) gas and other expenses may be higher than some here but the taxes and cost are totally different. In the States, we have to pay for our health care and social security is taken out of pay plus all the taxes...Federal, State, City, Local, and even car taxes in certain States. My gross pay compared to what I'm actually taking home is 700 less and that all goes to the taxes and healthcare costs.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and have expressed them. I'm sure right now with how the economy is that everyone is hurting in some way. I don't think that everyone going back and forth is going to help Joe and Amanda's situation...especially all the negative comments. So can we all just agree to disagree and help encourage Joe and Amanda get through this tough time in their lives.

OhNo2.0
2GN Member

Post by OhNo2.0 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Dakota wrote:Now Guys...this is a very difficult issue. Although in Canada (where I believe Ohno2.0 said he was from) gas and other expenses may be higher than some here but the taxes and cost are totally different. In the States, we have to pay for our health care and social security is taken out of pay plus all the taxes...Federal, State, City, Local, and even car taxes in certain States. My gross pay compared to what I'm actually taking home is 700 less and that all goes to the taxes and healthcare costs.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and have expressed them. I'm sure right now with how the economy is that everyone is hurting in some way. I don't think that everyone going back and forth is going to help Joe and Amanda's situation...especially all the negative comments. So can we all just agree to disagree and help encourage Joe and Amanda get through this tough time in their lives.
I like you.

PhillyLS1
BANNED

Post by PhillyLS1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Dakota wrote: I'm sure right now with how the economy is that everyone is hurting in some way.
and yet there is only one thread where someone with a 40K a year job is begging for money.

I guess we should count our blessings ;)

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:40 pm

When you post a thread you are going to get feedback weather its + or -. Everyone has their right to state their opinion no matter what it may be. Its the internet after all. But calling people names is not cool.

I fully agree with OhNo2.0 on most of his posts. :-**

fixitmattman
2GN Member

Post by fixitmattman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:16 pm

I love how you're all supporting his lifestyle, not an actuall need.

Man I should have come on here and cried broke when I had $30 to my name, coulda made out real nice.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/fixitmattman
How to fix your car:
1. Buy a Haynes manual
2. Read Haynes maual
3. Read and search appropriate threads, trust us, it's been covered before
4. Fix car
5. Consume beer of job well done

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:31 pm

WTF???? What dont you all Undrestand to not post your opinions here.
Please read what Dante said.
If you guy's want to talk about this, OPEN a new thread on it.

Only post we want to see is if you are helping.

So ONCE again please don't post your opinions here.

Joe like i said i get paid this friday so hopefully i can help!!!
|Danny|

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:33 pm

Danteneon wrote:That said, there are no banable posts here. Lack of tact maybe.
BlackRoseRacing wrote:^^^
Dude, for being a newbie nere on 2GN your lucky I have not banned you yet :twisted:
Have you ever read my progress log of my car? Oh wait, your a newbie and have not! As someone else has mentioned, if you dont have something nice to say, keep your FUCKING mouth shut!
ok.. then.. powertripwhat?

Toss around your authority and threaten to ban someone for their opinions alone. THAT, right there my friends, is tact. :roll:
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

OhNo2.0
2GN Member

Post by OhNo2.0 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:55 pm

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside...what is this I am feeling?

Dakota
n00b

Post by Dakota » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 pm

OhNo2.0 wrote:
Dakota wrote:Now Guys...this is a very difficult issue. Although in Canada (where I believe Ohno2.0 said he was from) gas and other expenses may be higher than some here but the taxes and cost are totally different. In the States, we have to pay for our health care and social security is taken out of pay plus all the taxes...Federal, State, City, Local, and even car taxes in certain States. My gross pay compared to what I'm actually taking home is 700 less and that all goes to the taxes and healthcare costs.

I like you.
Uh, thanks. Lol. Just want everyone to agree to disagree and get back on track =)

Yes, Philly we should all be greatful for our blessings and stay positive.

jrumann59

Post by jrumann59 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:13 pm

Boy the direction of this thread is heading the wrong way sooo

without further adieu IBTL
bone-yard-racing wrote:
Remind him of two things for the mustang:
Slow in=Fast out
Fast in=Ambulance out
ImageImage

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:19 pm

^ :lol:

alsey_seven
2GN Member

Post by alsey_seven » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:54 pm

i have to put my 2 pesos in.

first off joe............. you still have a job. no need to beg for money. don't be a pussy be a man. and cut back. I make less then you and i live in san diego ca. An expensive county to live in.

be tankkfull you still have a job. and your wife works right?

here are your opions since you are begging.

apply for
section 8
EBT
Wellfare

I can image the look at the local county office when you ask them for help and see you make 40k a year.

BTW i can send you 2,000 to your wifes paypal account..... just send me the pinkslip to that SRT-4
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000043 For 2000 neon

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000125 For 2001 R/T

Return to “Off-Topic”