I'm A Fatty

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Moparty08
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by Moparty08 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:11 pm

I use to ride my bike everywhere but then i got this little thing called Neon. My life was never the same.
Seriously though, I used to have a bike but money was tight so i sold it. I have been dieting now. I'm watching the calories and I hvaen't been drinking soda and no fast food or candy.

A bike to work would be cool but i'm a delivery driver so it wouldn't work. I might get a bike in the future if I can.
New Hampshire is the only state with the word DIE in it's state motto.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #000069

Official "2gn Fuzzy Dice Club" Member #1

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:30 am

I was in the best shape when I was nearly starving in my 20's- part-time job and no car. It took me about 30 minutes to walk to work and more than an hour to walk to the mall. It never dawned on me at the time how much my poverty was actually improving my body. :dontknow:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Twisted Noodle
n00b

Post by Twisted Noodle » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:43 pm

I used to buy the packets of Tuna fish. You can get them for less than a dollar and all you have to do is drop some "lite" mayo, mix, and fork it to some wheat bread.

I was traveling on the road for a company and had limited access to a weigh room. So I bought a chin up bar you can hang in a door way and did chin ups and push ups and sit ups every morning. I went down 2 notches in my belt the first week then lost 2 lbs a week consistently every week until i lost 40 lbs. I just ate tuna samaches 3 times a day and threw in some protein shakes when ever.. Those little packs of tuna have about 20 grams a protein. I like to keep my routine quick and simple or else I'll lose interest.

The best push ups you can do are the uneven type. put one hand on a couple books so your (just say your right hand) is up 4 to 6 inches higher than your left, do 3 sets and switch the books to your other hand. Concentrate on the "squeeze" at the top of the rep. You will feel the difference in the morning.

You need muscle to burn fat, you need protein to build muscle.

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:06 pm

Sounds like a pretty good idea except tuna is eh. I don't mind it but can't imagine eating just tuna. I'll have to look at the chin up bar. I don't trust the door ones though. Which kind do you have? i want something else too besides just weight lifting.

Twisted Noodle
n00b

Post by Twisted Noodle » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:17 pm

I bought it at Walmart. There is a new one that hangs easy and removes easy. Mine was 19 bucks. It even has straps you can hang from to do leg raises.

As for the tuna, I would change it up a little bit. use hot sauce instead of mayo, and also throw in some Cajun spices. It really isn't that bad.
200,000 Mile Club- Member #00001

Moparty08

Post by Moparty08 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:21 pm

Oh no I love mayo just not tuna and whoa no on the hot sauce. I'm french, I hate hot shit.
I'll have to check that bar out sometime.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:04 am

Watch The Machinist and see what a tuna diet can do for you. :shock:

Actually, Christian Bale ate nothing but a can of tuna and an apple a day for an extended period to prepare for that role.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:01 am

Weight has now jumped to 250. I sold the Bowflex (never used it!) for a third of what I paid for it and bought a NordicTrack treadmill. I managed to go all day today without a Mt. Dew Code Red (I usually drink two or three 20 oz. bottles daily) but I have been going through withdrawal because of it. Don't laugh- I'm starting to think that Mt. Dew is as addictive as nicotine. :shock: I had hoped to be down 20 or 30 pounds by Carlisle but I doubt that I'll make it now. :banghead:

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

away

Post by Alex Kurdian » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:38 am

Guys and gals its simple stay away from fast food ...lots of sugary stuff...fatty foods and alcohol .....

drink lotsa water and go to the gym...and you can eat heaps of healthy food...

if you want fast food as a treat...do this...

example: instead of buying pizza....make ur own...make ur own base...and put on fresh ingredients...takes a while but it s worth it....I make everything from scratch...sauce...base....and buy fresh ingredients....

U can do it...its a mindset!
I drove My Neon till it "SOLD" And then bought a Mazda 3 Skyactiv
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

rOniN
2GN Member

Post by rOniN » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:08 am

haha...Mt. Dew is addicting. I've tried to shy away but I always come back to it. I think there might be cocaine in it!
-Chad
2009 Dodge Viper VOI #66
2010 Dodge Ram Power Wagon - Sold
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - Sold
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 -Sold
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Sold
1998 Dodge Neon R/T

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:16 am

I seriously think that the high fructose corn syrup/caffeine content is addictive. I get headaches when I stop drinking the stuff. The worst thing is the fact that I have a bad habit of always needing a bottle of Mt. Dew in my hand when driving- always stop at a convenience store to buy a bottle when starting a trip. That wasn't too bad until I started driving seven days a week for my jobs. :banghead:

I miss being thin- in my 20's, strangers used to ask me up front if I wasn't eating so I must have looked pretty skeletal. :lol:

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:00 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:Weight has now jumped to 250. I managed to go all day today without a Mt. Dew Code Red (I usually drink two or three 20 oz. bottles daily) but I have been going through withdrawal because of it. Don't laugh- I'm starting to think that Mt. Dew is as addictive as nicotine.
I know how that is Gramps. I used to go through a 12 pack case every few days and then switched to Caffeine free Diet Dr Pepper. In my youth, I was drinking a 2 liter a day of soda. :shock: And now since February, I haven't had any sodas at all. I now either drink regular water or since I like the carbonation, drink the flavored water from Wal*Mart. And yeah caffeine is addictive, I used to get the withdrawl heahaches also. I haven't had any related to caffeine since I stopped drinking anything with caffeine back in Feb. :D My weight loss on the other hand, I only want to be in the area of 200 to 220. I am a big guy anyways. Shoulders of a linebacker and the muscles to back it up, I just have a pony keg instead of a six pack. :rofl:
Drove my neon until it was killed in a flood.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:27 am

David, if you were drinking Mt Dew for the caffeine (the source for the headaches), check out Monster Absolutely Zero. More energy, zero sugar. Even the locarb is pretty decent in the sugar level, especially compared to Mt Dew.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not supposed to be having any caffeine anyway as it interferes with sleep (and sleep loss affects weight, etc. :banghead: ). I just haven't accepted the fact that my metabolism has changed since I've gotten older- I never used to be able to gain weight and could eat anything (and everything!) without thinking about it. My physician tells me that I need to lose about 60 pounds (according to the BMI index, I am "morbidly obese"). I get sick just thinking about it. :sad2:

Marcel
2GN Member

Post by Marcel » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm not a fatty, just got some lovehandles but i am going to undergo a new training method next month. Basically it's a 10 day program which makes your body metabolize fats instead of carbo-hydrates which should give positive effect for a longer period. If you're a type who (wants to) excersize on a regular basis, IMO it's the way to go since they are not demanding you to cut back on anything you like. The thing is though, results are better when you do and it is to be adviced to look into your eating pattern and habits in any case :)

Good luck!!
"If god hates masturbation that much, he should give me a girlfriend"
http://www.sevenstepsofdenial.com
https://www.facebook.com/7StepsOfDenial
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it's too expensive to keep driving" Club #000083

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:57 pm

I've said it before David, you need a new Dr.

He's wrong for using that terminology.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:51 am

racer12306 wrote:I've said it before David, you need a new Dr.

He's wrong for using that terminology.
Well, it's on a chart on the wall in the exam room (appropriate weight ranges for your height). "Morbidly obese" or not, I have got to lose weight. I hate being this large- I don't feel comfortable taking my shirt off in public or going swimming anymore. Good thing that my car didn't come with the Viper-inspired seats! :lol:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon May 02, 2011 12:37 am

I weighed myself this afternoon and found that I've lost five pounds! \:D/ Shows what a week without Mt. Dew can do for you!

iThane
2GN Member

Post by iThane » Mon May 02, 2011 2:04 am

just barely saw this thread, so excuse me if i repost something cuz i
got lazy and stopped reading about half way through this post.. :lol:

i just wanted to add that:
Moparty08 wrote: i have a pool so i've been going swimming a lot and will a lot next year.
swimming is soo much easier on your body than jogging, and it can
be more fun than a chore at times too. though its seasonal, i would
take swimming over jogging any day. less stress, more calories burnt!
goaliehockey33 wrote: Once you start lifting weights make sure to be patient with results. Oh, and don't forget that girls will start checking you out!
i saw that this was also a hot discussion. people expect results faster
than they come, which i am a victim of. i gave up after about 4
months straight of hitting the gym 4 days a week (every other day)
but about a week after retiring from the gym, i noticed my body was
getting uglier! i didn't notice the change in my body while working out
because it came on so slowly, but as soon as it started going away,
i noticed!! and coming from a family with more girls than boys, i've
learned that working out your lower body is just as important if not
more important than your upper half. women, whether you know it or
not, pay a lot of attention to your ass and legs. they hate chicken legs..
so its important to balance out your body, because you might be
ripped above the belt line, but your boney legs will scare them away..

as for gym work outs, make sure to switch up your routine often. it
keeps you from getting bored of the gym, and keeps your body gettin
bored of the same work out, which will cause the routine to make
your body slow down muscle gain/fat burn as it gets used to the same
pattern. just switch up the order. i gave this this link to manny cuz i heard
he was trying to lose weight too, but this link is full of info that i found
really useful, and although they want your $$, the free info they give
out is whole hearted, and i trust this info because i can see he's doing
the lifting with proper form and what not. and yes its a LOT of reading
but what he has to share is convincing.

and as gramps said, giving up soda can actually do a lot for you. i
haven't had a full glass of soda for more than a year, and because of
that, i find it honestly hard to drink soda or any carbonated drink now!
the liquid feels so thick it gets stuck in my chest and i get heart burn.

i can't believe even I'm sharing all this info and experience being just 18!! :rofl:
My Progress Log
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000104

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Mon May 02, 2011 5:32 am

iThane wrote:

and as gramps said, giving up soda can actually do a lot for you. i
haven't had a full glass of soda for more than a year, and because of
that, i find it honestly hard to drink soda or any carbonated drink now!
the liquid feels so thick it gets stuck in my chest and i get heart burn.
I have stopped drinking the sodas, but still like the carbonation. So I drink the sams club 1 liter bottles of flavored water. And since we go out to dinner 3 times a month ( Meetings for the clubs we are with... Kayak, Mopar and parents of multiples) I always get water.
Drove my neon until it was killed in a flood.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon May 02, 2011 9:09 am

^^I'm with ya' about the fizzie drinks. I just couldn't give up the Dew altogether so I went back to Diet Dew. My next step will be Caffeine-free Diet Mt. Dew (an oxymoron, I know).

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:20 am

I told my father in law about caffeine free, Diet Mt Dew and his response was...

What's the point? :lol:
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon May 02, 2011 9:33 am

racer12306 wrote:I told my father in law about caffeine free, Diet Mt Dew and his response was...

What's the point? :lol:
I know. That's why I used the word oxymoron to describe it. :tardbang:

Dirt McGirt

Post by Dirt McGirt » Wed May 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Is sugar(carbs) the reason the US is in epidemic of obesity , yep. Pretty much. Would I go so far as to say what the companies are doing to us evil? No I don't really believe in the concept of heaven or hell. Are alot of us going to die young, fuck yes we are. But ultimately as usual life boils down to choice. I lived what these dr's are describing through my late 20's and early 30's. I was starting to develop high blood pressure and my waistline was growing. Had I stayed on the path my BF would have likely topped 30+% and probably be weighing in at 240-250 lbs by now and I was working out pretty hard. I changed what I ate , my wasit shrunk , my cholesterol numbers went from 200 down to 150 and my ratio's went from 6:1 to 3 :1.

Marcel
2GN Member

Post by Marcel » Wed May 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Dirt McGirt wrote:Is sugar(carbs) the reason the US is in epidemic of obesity , yep. Pretty much. Would I go so far as to say what the companies are doing to us evil? No I don't really believe in the concept of heaven or hell. Are alot of us going to die young, fuck yes we are. But ultimately as usual life boils down to choice. I lived what these dr's are describing through my late 20's and early 30's. I was starting to develop high blood pressure and my waistline was growing. Had I stayed on the path my BF would have likely topped 30+% and probably be weighing in at 240-250 lbs by now and I was working out pretty hard. I changed what I ate , my wasit shrunk , my cholesterol numbers went from 200 down to 150 and my ratio's went from 6:1 to 3 :1.
hear hear!

if you're overweight: fat chance [no pun intented] you're eating the wrong stuff or too much of the right stuff :P
"If god hates masturbation that much, he should give me a girlfriend"
http://www.sevenstepsofdenial.com
https://www.facebook.com/7StepsOfDenial
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it's too expensive to keep driving" Club #000083

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Wed May 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Moparty08 wrote:Any supplements you guys take while working out? i'm looking into a few but there are so damn many. Anybody have some that they swear by?

did you say supplements?

if your looking to lose weight, i swear by OxyElite Pro and Anabolic Pump by USP Labs. Haven't used them personally, as I don't have any fat/weight to lose, but I've seen results they've given people - very potent products.

if you have questions about any supplement check out supplementreviews.com - best site out there for it. i spend most of my internet time on there. or just shoot me a PM, i'm pretty well versed in supplements between what me and my friends have taken.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

Dirt McGirt

Post by Dirt McGirt » Wed May 04, 2011 2:01 pm

glasswars wrote:
Moparty08 wrote:Any supplements you guys take while working out? i'm looking into a few but there are so damn many. Anybody have some that they swear by?

did you say supplements?

if your looking to lose weight, i swear by OxyElite Pro and Anabolic Pump by USP Labs. Haven't used them personally, as I don't have any fat/weight to lose, but I've seen results they've given people - very potent products.

if you have questions about any supplement check out supplementreviews.com - best site out there for it. i spend most of my internet time on there. or just shoot me a PM, i'm pretty well versed in supplements between what me and my friends have taken.
'mirin yo stash brah

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Wed May 04, 2011 6:46 pm

God damn i might pick up some oxyelite ive been working out 4 times a week for 3 weeks or so and im seeing results but have been trying to look into something to aid me another 20 pounds or so and it seems from what ive briefly read it gives you a bit more energy during work outs witch should help me get a jump start
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

Liz
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by Liz » Wed May 04, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm hoping to lose at least 20 pounds before Carlisle... oh yuck and my goal.. which was my goal last year but this year, I will go running everyday that I am there REGARDLESS. :\ Someone hold me accountable.

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Wed May 04, 2011 8:50 pm

Fuzzyneon wrote:God damn i might pick up some oxyelite ive been working out 4 times a week for 3 weeks or so and im seeing results but have been trying to look into something to aid me another 20 pounds or so and it seems from what ive briefly read it gives you a bit more energy during work outs witch should help me get a jump start
don man you wanna lose that extra 20 you gotta stop drinking.... lol
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

Return to “Off-Topic”