kicked to the basement... Need ideas

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:27 pm

21 doesnt mean you can legally drink and drive lol everyone should be giving keys up if they drink
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:58 pm

DuhNeon179 wrote:My parents say the same thing I live by two rules in my house:

1.) Don't come home with an STD
2.) Don't come home with a Cop

Other then that it's all good...so your parents are just as chill
Yeah exactly.

All my friends love my parents, my parents treat all my friends like their own kids. So its awesome.

But yeah, so my parents are going to get the electricity down in the basement. So the mancave is still a go!
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:34 pm

Sweet man. Get some 2x4's, a couple of rolls of insulation, and some 1/2" drywall (5/8" if you feel like heavy lifting), get get to that shit. It's pretty easy to frame a wall, the hardest part is getting the frame to stick to the floor. When I was 17/18 I framed up and drywalled most of my parent's basement. I stopped when my brother claimed he was going to turn the room into his bedroom. So, yeah...5 years later it's still not finished, and he doesn't live down there..

The hardest part is going to be hanging the ceiling, and getting the lights set up. However, get the electrical ran first, and after that it's easy as pie! Nothing is as satisfying as saying you finished it all yourself.

Also, for the floor, since it's bare concrete, get everything up RIGHT NOW, etch the concrete, paint it with concrete paint and put that little "grip" shit in there. I did that in my bedroom in the basement, it's hard as hell, it cleans up easy, and it looks good black.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:11 pm

invujerry, sounds like you were in my basement.. Hahaha!

Its pretty much how you explained it. My dad is going to do the celing (it has just insulation in it/falling down in places).

I do want to get some walls up down there. Atleast 3 rooms (my bedroom, bar/chillin room, and spare bedroom)
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:17 pm

If you aren't comfortable with using wood 2x4's for framing, you can get metal framing from Home Depot I think. You can do this, it's easy as pie! The only hard part is going to be making door ways, since I can't hang a door worth anything.

Paul56
2GN Member

Post by Paul56 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:40 pm

invujerry wrote:If you aren't comfortable with using wood 2x4's for framing, you can get metal framing from Home Depot I think. You can do this, it's easy as pie! The only hard part is going to be making door ways, since I can't hang a door worth anything.
There is a solution for door challenged folks like you...

...check out the pre-hung doors at Home Depot or any other building supply store.

They are pre-hung in a frame... you simply install the frame into the space you have framed out for the pre-hung door.

However, you do have to be very careful that you don't jack the pre-hung door when installing otherwise it will not shut correctly.

How do I know this? Built a couple of cottages in my day. :-)
2011 Honda Fit Sport

sullivan
2GN Member

Post by sullivan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:36 pm

Canada wrote:I vote grow-op.
as a fellow Canadian i agree. shit a 15x15 grow op would take care of all your bills and throw some money in that wallet :twisted:
My AIM Username is sullivan_is_back@hotmail.com (yes @hotmail.com)

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Grow-op = highly illegal in US.

Caught me at first Canada, you sly bastard.

sullivan
2GN Member

Post by sullivan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:04 pm

well in Canada (this little iceburg floating above the U.S)

marijuana is technically illegal, but not really.. see its like ciggarettes in most places, aslong as your not walking around with like a half O your pretty well safe!
My AIM Username is sullivan_is_back@hotmail.com (yes @hotmail.com)

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:44 pm

Just remember permits and you won't get a visit from my company :lol:
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:39 pm

racer12306 wrote:Just remember permits and you won't get a visit from my company :lol:
Haha yeah, my dad does home construction. So im sure he might be able to get some guys out to do it with permits. (wheven that happens now.. The exhaust manifold bolts broke off and are stuck in my engine block.. so now im going to buy a used 318 for my truck..)

Paul56
2GN Member

Post by Paul56 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:04 am

Grow-Ops? There are plenty out in BC where there are lots of places to hide... hell... there might even be a grow-op in the house next door and you don't know it... yet.

I say...

We collectively fund the renovations for the basement grow-op as long as the life long residual income is send our way. :shock: :lol:
2011 Honda Fit Sport

smallblockfreak
2GN Member

Post by smallblockfreak » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:35 am

Haganracing wrote:
racer12306 wrote:Just remember permits and you won't get a visit from my company :lol:
Haha yeah, my dad does home construction. So im sure he might be able to get some guys out to do it with permits. (wheven that happens now.. The exhaust manifold bolts broke off and are stuck in my engine block.. so now im going to buy a used 318 for my truck..)

Not really just heads or if you want to atleast try to save the heads you can heat up around the studs (not too hot) take your fav crayon and press it up agaisnt it and the crayon will melt down around the threads making it a lot easier to pull the studs right out.

Moparty08
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by Moparty08 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:25 am

sullivan wrote:well in Canada (this little iceburg floating above the U.S)

marijuana is technically illegal, but not really.. see its like ciggarettes in most places, aslong as your not walking around with like a half O your pretty well safe!
In mass it's pretty sweet. If you're walking around with under an ounce and you get caught with it. You get a $100 fine. No more jail time. They did a statewide vote to legalize weed and it passed with a good majority. You get a bigger fine for drinking in public. something like $300 i think.
New Hampshire is the only state with the word DIE in it's state motto.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #000069

Official "2gn Fuzzy Dice Club" Member #1

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Moparty08 wrote:
sullivan wrote:well in Canada (this little iceburg floating above the U.S)

In mass it's pretty sweet. If you're walking around with under an ounce and you get caught with it. You get a $100 fine. No more jail time. They did a statewide vote to legalize weed and it passed with a good majority. You get a bigger fine for drinking in public. something like $300 i think.

That's when i wish i was not in FL. :banghead:

I need to move to Canada. :rockon:
|Danny|
06 VW Jetta 2.5 MTX - 4 Doors fit more whores.

"In search of the perfect beat. I found my soul"

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm starting to facepalm at the second page of this thread. Yep, yep, here it comes...

Return to “Off-Topic”