Anyone wanna help design my next tattoo?

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Chris04sxt
2009 Silver Contributor

Anyone wanna help design my next tattoo?

Post by Chris04sxt » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:37 pm

So I have a tribal piece on my back that I got years ago with the intent of adding on to, and I now have the opportunity to get it done on the cheap.

Here is what I'm starting with:

The main idea I had was to have a dragon diving down my back out of the point facing down on my spine, and then the wings coming back up to meet with the points going out towards my shoulders. I am open to any ideas that people may come up with though. THe only thing I'd like it to have is either a dragon or a phoenix, but other than that I'm not going to be to picky.
2GN Feedback
MoxHair wrote:I'll leg hump you dude..
and then when I'm done you can leg hump me.

Chris04sxt
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Chris04sxt » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:09 pm

:( No one has any ideas?
2GN Feedback

DoubtedNeon
2GN Member

Post by DoubtedNeon » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:43 am

look up the meanings for both symbols, pick which has the most meaning for you, generally the pheonix is for those who were born again, or have changed their lives in some significant way.
Swordfish2Cowboy wrote:They left a pry bar? Well get the prints like they do on CSI, and track those fuckers down. Then cap them.
grindpunk16 wrote: You and about 2 dozen other folks want that cover. It came with the car, and it's all mine.. :twisted: :bootyshake: \:D/

TeckNeon
2GN Member

Post by TeckNeon » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:06 pm

What did your tattoo artist come up with? Didn't you like what he/she did? Always start with your artist. Especially if they are the ones who did the first one and are adding to their own work.

Your dragon idea would be fine if you want to do that. It doesn't look like that large of a tattoo on your back but the dragon will be HUGE if you want to have the wings coming up around it. Depending on how you want the dragon (like medievil style or Chinese snake style, etc.) and how big you want the wings and if he/she is going to be doing something (sitting on something, wrapped around something, holding something, fighting something....the possibilities are endless) you will take up more or less room. Or you can have the wings on one side of the old piece and the head on the other.

I would look at a bunch of dragon pieces and see what you like and sketch out something rough and take it to your guy/gal and see what they come up with. It's your tattoo and your chosen artist's style that have to mesh with the desired artwork.

My only other suggestion would to keep the piece black and grey or black/grey and another single color like red). Keep it simple and it will blend better with you other black tattoo.
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing." - H. Simpson

Chris04sxt
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Chris04sxt » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:39 pm

Well the artist who did the original isn't the one doing the add-on, and the person who is doing the add-on is workign on something for me, I just kinda wanted to get some other perspectives and ideas.

I have looked at a bunch of dragon designs, and found more than a few that I like, but it's definitly going to take something custom drawn to fit well with what is already there.
2GN Feedback

bad04srt
2GN Member

Post by bad04srt » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:12 am

Dude no offense....dragons are gay lol. Think real hard cause you might wake up at 80 and be thinking...WTF was I thinking getting a dragon on my back? hahaha

Turn it into something like this...notice the skull in the rack

TeckNeon
2GN Member

Post by TeckNeon » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:01 pm

I'd wait and see what you and your artist can come up with. You don't seem to know what you are looking for. I realise it needs custom drawn but the best way to get that is to find several pieces with elements you like, bring them all in and show him/her what you like about each thing and even really roughly put them on paper together. It can look like scribble. But, then they will take it and make the outline and work with the shading as it comes.

My tattoos usually start as flash on the wall or ideas that I want done. We talk about the elements I like and don't want and then my guy starts to sketch things out and rough it. I usually just let him freehand it as he sees. I give him the basic colors I want and he does what he likes and it always comes out excellently. Trusting your artist is #1.
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing." - H. Simpson

Return to “Off-Topic”