I Phone users

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
TheNumberOneD
2GN Member

Post by TheNumberOneD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:35 pm

:( well I still think iPhone is cool plus who needs a keyboard with such an awsome touch screen, who needs a stupid keyboard now days anyways?
~Daniel

'2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:40 pm

For real. The iphone keyboard is so sick. It guesses misspelled words based on common errors and is almost always right.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

GTGal4Lyfe
2GN Member

Post by GTGal4Lyfe » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:40 pm

TheNumberOneD wrote::( well I still think iPhone is cool plus who needs a keyboard with such an awsome touch screen, who needs a stupid keyboard now days anyways?
Agreed. People who need a keyboard on their phone have fat fingers.

TheNumberOneD
2GN Member

Post by TheNumberOneD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Its funny you mention it, cause you and i are using the same iphone and my fingers do just fine, infact, due to the built in word corrector thing, i can mistype all my words, and for the most part still come out with zero errors
~Daniel

'2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:54 pm

GTGal4Lyfe wrote:
TheNumberOneD wrote::( well I still think iPhone is cool plus who needs a keyboard with such an awsome touch screen, who needs a stupid keyboard now days anyways?
And who says I have fat fingers?
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

TheNumberOneD
2GN Member

Post by TheNumberOneD » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:26 pm

racer12306 wrote:
GTGal4Lyfe wrote:

No but I do, so much so that I just accidentally reported you instead off pushing quote :p
~Daniel

'2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

He Hate Me
2GN Member

Post by He Hate Me » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:28 pm

I think racer has sausage fingers :lol:
2003 Dodge Neon SXT - SRT Swap: FM E2 /w E85 - SOLD
2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - GT2871R /w E85 - Current

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:40 pm

He Hate Me wrote:I think racer has sausage fingers :lol:
:rofl:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:07 pm

No but I do, so much so that I just accidentally reported you instead off pushing quote :p
and of course that's why I'm here :lol:
I considered the Iphone myself, My HTC TouchPro is nice, but it does not do some things I need it too....
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #666
(she officially died in 2018 by being donated to a church...seriously)

slowpeon
2GN Member

Post by slowpeon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:10 pm

I have the iPhone, switched from a blackberry and I would never get another BB.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:22 pm

TheNumberOneD wrote:
racer12306 wrote:
GTGal4Lyfe wrote: Agreed. People who need a keyboard on their phone have fat fingers.

:lol: I saw that email and i was like WTF, I didn't say anything bad to him.
He Hate Me wrote:I think racer has sausage fingers :lol:
My wife says I don't have fat fingers. She likes my fingers.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:33 pm

LowNSlow wrote:I post from my G1 (better than an iphone IMO just because it has a keyboard as well)
agreed g1 FTW
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:03 pm

See, I purposely don't buy phones that have big ugly keyboards because I feel like the number pad is sufficient.

The other thing, I've had many phones worth well over $200 - all pieces of shit. No matter how much they cost and what features they have, they all sucked. From scratched plastic, broken hinges, malfunctioning screens, buttons falling off, paint peeling off - all bullshit. That's why I like the iPhone. A real glass screen that won't chip or peel, a metal back that won't scratch, and no hinges or buttons to worry about.

The iPhone's structural simplicity rules over the overly-gaudy BlackBerry... imo. The same way that the Mac computers rule over every piece of Windows shit out there by simplicity and rigidity - now that isn't just my opinion, that is a true fact.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Currently rocking the iphone 3g.

I only have a few complaints with my iphone. It dosen't suport flash or java players, so watching any video online is a crap shoot. Also, the glass screen is a huge issue for me. I dropped my HTC 8125 countless times, I dropped my 3 old blackberries numberous times, no issues. I dropped my iphone once and cracked the screen. The one time I took the case off. It's nice, but I would love it more if it had a keyboard and supported flash. We'll see how the new one is this year.
So many neons so little time.

slowpeon
2GN Member

Post by slowpeon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:17 pm

UriahRR wrote:See, I purposely don't buy phones that have big ugly keyboards because I feel like the number pad is sufficient.

The other thing, I've had many phones worth well over $200 - all pieces of shit. No matter how much they cost and what features they have, they all sucked. From scratched plastic, broken hinges, malfunctioning screens, buttons falling off, paint peeling off - all bullshit. That's why I like the iPhone. A real glass screen that won't chip or peel, a metal back that won't scratch, and no hinges or buttons to worry about.

The iPhone's structural simplicity rules over the overly-gaudy BlackBerry... imo. The same way that the Mac computers rule over every piece of Windows shit out there by simplicity and rigidity - now that isn't just my opinion, that is a true fact.
This.

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:43 pm

Eh, Idk. I've got a sloppy buddy who manages to make everything he touches sloppy, including both his Macs and iPhone. I'm real meticulous, so I've never had an issue with my phones or anything. I've had tons of phones, smartphones, etc... Now I'm back to a barphone. No touchscreen, no keyboard, nothing. I wont get one for a long time, either. A phone is for calling, and that occasional text.
el. oh. el.

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:45 pm

UriahRR wrote:See, I purposely don't buy phones that have big ugly keyboards because I feel like the number pad is sufficient.

Glass screen? Seriously? No.

Metal back? Nope.

And since when did Windows manufacture computers? :tardbang:
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:01 pm

GTGal4Lyfe wrote: Agreed. People who need a keyboard on their phone have fat fingers.
Pft- your face is fat :P

I love my G1 because of the touch screen keyboard AND actual keyboard. I wouldn't say I'm fat or have fat fingers.. I'm 6 foot and 185 lbs. I just prefer a keyboard since my previous phones were an ENV and a sidekick... it's just what I am use to :)
-John

Mopar00Neon
2GN Member

Post by Mopar00Neon » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:42 pm

My Blackberry is all touch screen. No buttons for me.

Storm2 is good for me.
He is unworthy of the name of man who is ignorant of the fact that the diagonal of a square is incommensurable with its side.

-brian

2004 F-350
2000 Dodge Neon
1957 Chevy truck
2004 VW Touareg
1947 Dodge 1.5-ton dually
1989 Chevy 1500

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:59 pm

OB wrote:

Glass screen? Seriously? No.

Metal back? Nope.

And since when did Windows manufacture computers? :tardbang:
Glass screen. Seriously. Yes.

Metal back. Yup. On the originals.

Windows doesn't manufacture the computers, but they write the shitty software that Dell, HP, Compaq, etc. use on their second-hand attempts to create something awesome. Apple, on the other hand, writes the software for and designs all of their own computers. It's like getting a Mitsubishi, opening up the hood and seeing that it's a Dodge engine (fuck), compared to getting a Mitsubishi, opening it up and seeing a Mitsubishi engine (yay). However, though the hardware is always tacky and ugly on PCs, the Windows software is the real problem. "The all new Windows 7. It doesn't have as many problems anymore!" <That's pretty much what their new commercials say and it's so ridiculous because Macs already don't have problems. ANYWAY, I just call all PCs Windows, because they are all Windows, and they all are hideous paperweights.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:45 pm

I so want to lock this thread.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:51 pm

racer12306 wrote:I so want to lock this thread.
They are sorta on topic.

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:08 pm

racer12306 wrote:I so want to lock this thread.
Please

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:36 am

Honestly, I would lock it. It's just annoying now. It seems like no one in the world can ever have two different opinions without wanting to fight someone else over it. Sometimes these forums remind me a lot of YouTube with all the fucking bickering - and I originally just came into this thread to be a douche and post some smileys, now I've even got sucked into something I couldn't care less about.

Though you always seem to be a bit lock-happy, Commie, I think this one deserves it or it could go on forever.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:52 am

UriahRR wrote:Honestly, I would lock it. It's just annoying now. It seems like no one in the world can ever have two different opinions without wanting to fight someone else over it. Sometimes these forums remind me a lot of YouTube with all the fucking bickering - and I originally just came into this thread to be a douche and post some smileys, now I've even got sucked into something I couldn't care less about.

Though you always seem to be a bit lock-happy, Commie, I think this one deserves it or it could go on forever.
"Hey Kettle, you're black"

:roll:

You are just as bad as the others. You make it seem like you are just an innocent bystander.

Lock happy? Maybe, but when I have been here for over 5 years I know how things will pan out. So I try to keep problems from going too far. It also doesn't help that I am one of the most active members in general so all you see is me.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:47 am

UriahRR wrote:Honestly, I would lock it. It's just annoying now. It seems like no one in the world can ever have two different opinions without wanting to fight someone else over it.
See, here's the thing. We here on 2gn.org support people having multiple opinions. However, we do not support idiots being douchebags about their opinions and claiming that everybody else is wrong if they don't agree. And it sure seems that is EXACTLY what you are doing.

So, if you would kindly go back to [edited by order of Commie], the rest of us would like to have a civilized conversation. kthxbai!

Anyways, I absolutely see the concern with the iPhone keyboard, but once you turn it sideways, that mostly goes away.
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Hey, I like a lot of stuff, but not any electronic ever compared to an Apple product. But that's fine, I'll go back to douchebagland or whatever was edited. I'm just here for cars.

excaliberneon
2GN Member

Post by excaliberneon » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:36 pm

iPhone 3Gs, 32GB ;)

I was with Verizon for 10 years (since they bought out AirTouch for you vetrans out there), and I loved my service...until the unthinkable!

They released the $^&@%# phone ever...

BB Storm. Ended it all. Yes, dropped calls like crazy with iPhone, but the freakin thing works! I'll take the dropped calls and simply redial vs. having a phone that all together doesn't work. I went thru 3 in less than a month. 2 from L.A. and one in Portland. All sucked!
2000 bone stock neon w/mods
1957 Chevy Bel-Air
all stock, don't mock!

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:13 pm

:facepalm3: WHY WON'T THIS THREAD DIE?!?!?!?!

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:09 am

I didn't want to make a new topic on this phone really... So I am just going to post in here.

The iphone is now going to be hosted under Verizon as well.. Its official.

Sorry Jeff, i brought this thread back :lol:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Return to “Off-Topic”