Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Re: Random posting

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:49 pm

Jerry, I am sorry that this kind of stuff continues on this site. I thought that we are all grownups....
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:42 am

Honestly, Lane has taught me a lesson. I don’t want to be Like him when I am his age. He’s a perfect combination of a whiny crybaby and a hateful old man. He thinks he knows everything and isn’t open to any sort of suggestion, and easily gets upset when someone contradicts what he says even with a form of knowledge.

I pity him in a way.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 am

I really don't want to ban anyone that isn't doing something truly detrimental, but when you give that response to someone who is sharing a moment of fun with their kids, it was over the line for me.

And his actions are detrimental to the sense of community. We are not as large as we once were, so there is a bigger impact when someone acts out with personal attacks.

Not liking someone's choice in what they do with their car, and someone's family are two totally different things. If you can't differentiate between the two, then I also pity you.

I get that we take pride in our cars, and you might get angry if someone dings it. But that pales to what you feel if someone dings your child. Don't fuck with family.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:08 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:12 pm
So, the current cost of the $200 PT cruiser is $876. This list includes:

Purchase: $200
Tags/Title: $188
Front Brakes DIY: $238
Inspection/Rear Brakes/4 new Tires at Blair’s shop (BoneYard Racing): $250 and the stock wheels.

In this picture you can just barely catch a glance of my SRT-4 station wagon. I jump started it, and drove it 170 miles yesterday. It needs a few small things and it’ll be ready for its yearly 10k mile summer/fall cruising I give it. My kids were so excited when I finally pulled it out and gave them a ride up and down the street in it. Only one small little burnout for now lol.

https://imgur.com/a/fGd1mdB
Nice pic and sorry about what happened posting it. BUT call me blind or whatever..are you talking about that nice looking BLUE PT? OR are you referring to something else in the pic? :?

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:48 pm

04rebel: In the background is my wood paneled SRT-4 swapped LeBaron lol. It’s barely peeking out. The PT is mine that the first paragraph was about.

https://imgur.com/gallery/aYDfr

OD: He’s a sad old man. His comments used to slightly make me upset but now I only feel pity for him.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:27 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:48 pm
04rebel: In the background is my wood paneled SRT-4 swapped LeBaron lol. It’s barely peeking out. The PT is mine that the first paragraph was about.

https://imgur.com/gallery/aYDfr

OD: He’s a sad old man. His comments used to slightly make me upset but now I only feel pity for him.
OH!...You mean the vehicle behind the FORD pick up truck???...LOL... if I still have it wrong! Interesting choice of swaps!

Actually, I do see that maroon woodie! :P

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Lol thanks. A guy built it a few years ago and sold it off. I bought it from one of the later buyers. It’s really the best summer cruiser. Relatively comfy ride but still handles nice, power seats, 4 power windows, AC, and 24 pounds of boost when I lay into it. It would be nice to have a better stereo but that’ll come later on.

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:07 am

occasional demons wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 am
I really don't want to ban anyone that isn't doing something truly detrimental, but when you give that response to someone who is sharing a moment of fun with their kids, it was over the line for me.

And his actions are detrimental to the sense of community. We are not as large as we once were, so there is a bigger impact when someone acts out with personal attacks.

Not liking someone's choice in what they do with their car, and someone's family are two totally different things. If you can't differentiate between the two, then I also pity you.

I get that we take pride in our cars, and you might get angry if someone dings it. But that pales to what you feel if someone dings your child. Don't fuck with family.
Totally agree!
a car is one thing but when family gets involved, thats personal and I wouldn't tolerate that crap either. It's like back in the day with the "Your Mama" jokes, I didn't take kindly to them....you don't mess with mama :evil: I actually lost my job at Walmart because the Automotive department manager was hassling my mother about her vehicle and I went off on him and as soon as I told him to "Fuck Off" I was terminated. Till this day, 19 years later I can't be rehired at Walmart because of "Gross Misconduct". You don't mess with mama :evil:

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:38 am

Volkswagen’s Chattanooga Workers Vote for Second Time Not to Join UAW

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2804 ... NFYXJilk3o
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Motorsport wheels, new tires, a new windshield, and a coat of car wash wax really helped the PT in the looks department.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:17 pm

LOL, just noticed this:

Legend: Administrators, Asst. Administrator, Potential SpamBot
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:46 am

Yeah, I saw that too. What is it?

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:05 pm

I'm guessing it is humor about all the spammers on the site.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:13 pm

Christy hit a tire tread on 495 around midnight on Monday night. I hacked a radiator into the car to drive it home. Last night I vent the core support straight. I wanted to get a new front end for the car but now I guess I need to lol.

https://imgur.com/a/j2O84Wd

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:16 am

Ouch! Those darned "gators" (trucker slang for tire treads on the highway). I gather from your post that no one was hurt so I'm glad about that.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:51 pm

occasional demons wrote:
I really don't want to ban anyone that isn't doing something truly detrimental, but when you give that response to someone who is sharing a moment of fun with their kids,
it was over the line for me. And his actions are detrimental to the sense of community. We are not as large as we once were, so there is a bigger impact when someone acts
out with personal attacks. Not liking someone's choice in what they do with their car, and someone's family are two totally different things. I get that we take pride in our
cars, and you might get angry if someone dings it. But that pales to what you feel if someone dings your child.
Bill, I regret calling you "Frank, Jr." … he never was as articulate, or expressed himself as intelligently as you.

https://imgur.com/zCdiHiV
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:54 am

theColonel wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:51 pm
occasional demons wrote:
I really don't want to ban anyone that isn't doing something truly detrimental, but when you give that response to someone who is sharing a moment of fun with their kids,
it was over the line for me. And his actions are detrimental to the sense of community. We are not as large as we once were, so there is a bigger impact when someone acts
out with personal attacks. Not liking someone's choice in what they do with their car, and someone's family are two totally different things. I get that we take pride in our
cars, and you might get angry if someone dings it. But that pales to what you feel if someone dings your child.
Bill, I regret calling you "Frank, Jr." … he never was as articulate, or expressed himself as intelligently as you.

https://imgur.com/zCdiHiV
Wow, Colonel are you really trying to get on someones nerve? or was that link just a joke?
If that link was serious and your firing it at an admin, you may be having a future problem......idk.....

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:25 am

Finally got the PT back together. It officially has 3 colors on it now.

https://imgur.com/a/7tW1dM5

Edited together of me fixing the PT and explaining how I did it. I ramble a lot but a few of my friends found it interesting.

https://youtu.be/1fCPnaKwHB0

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Very nice! how many cars do you own? In the picture link above it looks like your PT is at a junkyard

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:27 am

I currently own 11. The silver car in the background was Scott’s 01 RT that was very rusty and I’m parting out. And I need to kill all the weeds and grass that’s growing in my gravel driveway but my wife is vehemently against most weed killers. So I need to go buy a few gallons of vinegar and make some “hippy weed killer”.

Thankfully I don’t have any neighbors lol.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 am

Nice pic's and video you posted! Gives me some reinforcing ideas of how to try and bring the lower radiator support BACK on our 04 neon from where my son hooked up to to get pulled out of the ditch he went into this past Friday night! Believe it or not the worst damage was done by that, seems that the oil pan and the upper and lower ,mounts is all that really took the hit! I've made a patch with JB WELD inside the pan till the new pan comes in and replaced the mounts already and car is driving FINE. Just concerned that the pass. side radiator lower mount is pulled way away and I've just got the L. upper zip tied to the front sheet metal to hold the radiator where it belongs. My son sure had a lucky horseshoe that night, he sheared a power pole guide wire and the stake for it is what cracked the oil pan!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:18 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:27 am
So I need to go buy a few gallons of vinegar and make some “hippy weed killer”.

That option only works for about a week or so, and they are back. My wife tried all the "natural" solutions, and not one of them actually worked. It might kill the tops for a while, but the roots still survive, and they regenerate.

I can see her point, as I'm not exactly a fan of spraying toxic crap all over either, but I'm also not a fan of weeds and poison ivy taking over.

I use a product called "Eliminator" that you mix one part to 40 parts water. It kills them slowly, so it generally gets roots and all. Not that other things don't sprout up in place of what you killed. But it does an excellent job on poison ivy.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 am

I guess I’ll see if multiple treatments of the natural stuff will work. Roundup has officially been linked to cancer and we have a very shallow well.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:20 am

INVUJerry wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 am
I guess I’ll see if multiple treatments of the natural stuff will work. Roundup has officially been linked to cancer and we have a very shallow well.

I guess that's a pretty valid reason. :D

AFAIK, about all of the weed killers out there use the same basic ingredient, Glyphosate. But Roundup is the only one getting bad press.

But then anything to take a notch out of Monsanto doesn't necessarily piss me off.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Carlisle weekend was a blast! And imagine my surprise when I got to the show field and saw Dave aka Gramps there!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:16 pm

Sly old dog! :lol:
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:41 am

Several OG's were there- I guess that we were all on the same wavelength.

I just got home a little while ago and already fell asleep on the sofa. Laundry is going and I need to get some sleep. I know that Mario isn't on the boards but I wanted to thank him (and everyone else who helped me) for getting my car fixed. Pretty much everyone in the hotel lot helped so there are too many names to mention.

As I told everyone in the hotel parking lot, I displayed my worst behavior Saturday night and feel very fortunate that fellow members pretty much overlooked my drama.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:47 pm

I was hoping to give you some comforting words at the photo shoot but thinking back they may have come off wrong. I knew Mario and Chris would get you taken care of, especially with Mario being a Chrysler technician. We all act a little off when we get stressed, I’m sure they weren’t too concerned. But I’ll make sure the word gets passed over to them.

Glad you made it home in one piece! Any issues with the car after you got home?

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:38 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:47 pm
I was hoping to give you some comforting words at the photo shoot but thinking back they may have come off wrong. I knew Mario and Chris would get you taken care of, especially with Mario being a Chrysler technician. We all act a little off when we get stressed, I’m sure they weren’t too concerned. But I’ll make sure the word gets passed over to them.

Glad you made it home in one piece! Any issues with the car after you got home?
Sorry to read that someone had car troubles while there, but what a better place than with a group of enthusiasts to help out. Hope it wasn't too serious, but what happened?

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:42 pm

8)
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

Return to “Off-Topic”