Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Haganracing
2GN Member

Re: Random posting

Post by Haganracing » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Thanks Gramps - I'm going to see what I can find in the way of these speed nuts with that photo!
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:19 pm

Gramps -

Closest I could find compared to that photo is https://www.mcmaster.com/speed-nuts/hex-push-nuts/.

As for the size... I'm not sure right off hand...
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:14 pm

My body shop guy has a HUGE catalog of fasteners that he is going through so I'm hoping that he can locate something that looks like that photo.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Sounds good! Let me know if they can determine a size/fastener for the scoop. What I have on mine now works, but I'd like to have something more "official" :lol:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Will do.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:01 pm

Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:54 am

I got Jerry's old neon up and running smooth. I put an AGP hardpipe w/BOV on it, new exhaust system, larger TB, and about to do the extenders for the transmission soon.

Parking brake on the pass side was frozen. PB Blaster took care of that. New tires all around. Has decent rocker panel rust, that's going into the shop in October for replacing. I'll be taking care of the wheel well/dogleg rust.

Hope to have it as a "new car" by Carlisle next year.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:04 pm

Meh, aftermarket TB's are junk on the SRT-4 motor unless you are making over 500hp. My tuner told me to take off the MPX 62mm since it was causing issues. Car ran perfect after I put the stocker back on. Plus I heard stories of the screws backing off on the butterfly plate and going into the motor. But of course I am sure there are guys that have no issues with them. Just my expierence and other locals expierences with them

yikes that was pricey. Electric/Water/Sewer, $260 last month. :/ You guys have pricey utility bills too? We had a very hot summer, AC set at 72.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:38 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:04 pm
You guys have pricey utility bills too? We had a very hot summer, AC set at 72.
I guess that I am pretty lucky. My electric bills are always lower than $45 and my water/sewage bills run about $80.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:25 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:38 pm
MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
You guys have pricey utility bills too? We had a very hot summer, AC set at 72.
I guess that I am pretty lucky. My electric bills are always lower than $45 and my water/sewage bills run about $80.
We only have one utility: Electric. A/C is set to 69ºF and the electric bill is about $120 to $150, depending on what extra stuff I do. It has been as low as $80. Geothermal FTW...

We have well water, so no water bill. A septic tank and leach bed so no sewer, other than having the tank cleaned out once in a while.

Not living in city limits FTW also.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:45 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Meh, aftermarket TB's are junk on the SRT-4 motor unless you are making over 500hp. My tuner told me to take off the MPX 62mm since it was causing issues. Car ran perfect after I put the stocker back on. Plus I heard stories of the screws backing off on the butterfly plate and going into the motor. But of course I am sure there are guys that have no issues with them. Just my expierence and other locals expierences with them
The factory TB had issues. Someone took it apart and the valve was bent (you could hear it scraping when manually opening/closing). It would cause the car not to idle since it wouldn't close all the way.

MPx TB isn't causing any issues so far for me *knock on wood*

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:34 pm

New York state has passed a new law that bans the sale of gas vehicles starting in 2035, requiring all new cars to be zero emission

California also banned the sales of new gas-powered cars by 2035 last year, and Massachusetts followed suit earlier this year.
I believe New York also has adopted California emissions standards a few years or more ago. My '99 neon is California emissions, originally sold in New York state.

It's going to be interesting to see if they can get their power grid up to spec in time.

Granted it isn't going to suddenly switch in 14 years to 100% electric cars needing the grid to charge them. It will depend on how long the bulk of existing ICE cars last...

ICE = Internal Combustion Engine
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:40 pm

Certainly not being dictated by the free market.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:12 pm

even off-road vehicles and equipment sold in the state are emissions-free by 2035.
Plug in that lawn mower and chainsaw after the car is done charging...

Makes you wonder how soon they will ban the sale of gasoline and diesel fuel, followed by propane and natural gas.

They may not ban older cars, but that doesn't mean they have to supply fuel.

Kind of like that ammunition shortage a little while ago.

Given they have crossed the off road use line, it's only a matter of time before they go after everything else. When will new homes be mandated as electric heat only?

The only ones buying fuel eventually will be the power companies to generate electricity.

They should ban the use of fossil fuels to generate electricity, and the purchase of electricity generated from fossil fuel in those states too. Let everyone feel the pain, not just the consumers/car/small engine manufacturers. If they can come up with a totally emission free way to do all those things, it shouldn't be too hard to supply the grid without fossil fuels, right?
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:19 pm

The smarter approach would be to sell a non emissions lifestyle to the kids in school, and teach them how to do it. A lot of people are obviously pro electric, for now, let that be their choice. Let it be developed in a way it will not fail, and be self sufficient. It may take a little longer than 14 years, maybe 25 years. At least it would not be rushed or forced down as many people's throats.

in 25 years, most of us won't give a shit anymore. If I'm still alive, I'll be 80.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:06 am

Township finally gave me a notice to get rid of some of my cars if I don't have plates on them, so now I'm in a mad dash to scrap/partout/dump/hide some of my beaters I have in the yard.

Sold another car to a friend last week. He's going through a divorce, and got taken advantage of pretty bad, he had a Dodge Journey that was paid off that his partner ended up with. I had picked up a 96 neon 5 speed sedan from a neons.org member for free last year. Needed work, it didn't run because the fuel pump was locked up, and the gas tank had a hole in it. A few weeks ago I swapped the fuel tank from my parts car into it, and the parts fuel pump was bad. Bought a new fuel pump and got the car running. Took it on a test trip, and the main o2 sensor was bad, and it clogged the cat up. Also, one of the rear struts blew on that trip. Came home, bought a new o2 sensor, deleted the cat (and scrapped it for $250), swapped a used strut I had in, and it ran great. Turns out I had to swap the other rear strut into it.

Dude drove it for a week, and then the battery terminals got a little corroded and it didn't start. He cleaned them up, but then the car wouldn't start at all. I assumed it was the ignition switch, so I swapped that in, and it still didn't start. I let him borrow my 97 for a day so I could trouble shoot the car. Turns out, I actually had a bad relay and had no idea. He's currently taking the car on a work trip. Worst part? I haven't got paid for it yet, since he's starting his work now.

Also, my brother wrecked his car, so I had to lend him my truck for a few days since he doesn't know how to drive a manual, and that's what almost everything I own has now a days.

It's been a hectic week, but at least I still have my health.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:08 am

occasional demons wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:12 pm
even off-road vehicles and equipment sold in the state are emissions-free by 2035.
Plug in that lawn mower and chainsaw after the car is done charging...

Makes you wonder how soon they will ban the sale of gasoline and diesel fuel, followed by propane and natural gas.

They may not ban older cars, but that doesn't mean they have to supply fuel.

Kind of like that ammunition shortage a little while ago.

Given they have crossed the off road use line, it's only a matter of time before they go after everything else. When will new homes be mandated as electric heat only?

The only ones buying fuel eventually will be the power companies to generate electricity.

They should ban the use of fossil fuels to generate electricity, and the purchase of electricity generated from fossil fuel in those states too. Let everyone feel the pain, not just the consumers/car/small engine manufacturers. If they can come up with a totally emission free way to do all those things, it shouldn't be too hard to supply the grid without fossil fuels, right?
LOL... I commented something similar about 1.5 years ago and was told that I was delusional and POLITICAL...Guess I was NOT far off the mark!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:44 am

I doubt they'll stop the sale of gasoline and diesel since a lot of remote areas are still going to rely on them for power sources. It'll become more expensive, possibly on par with europe, but who knows. Come 2035 I doubt I'll still be daily driving my neons. Or I'll have EV swapped a few of them by then once prices of batteries comes down.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:16 pm

Supply and demand will change with gasoline, but there's no way they'll stop the diesel - too many trucks on the road rely on it for shipping goods & services.

Gasoline - it may become a thing of the past as full gasoline. Might see more of E85 and diesel at gas stations over anything else.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:14 pm

I would post my opinions but everything is supposed to be PC now so I will keep things to myself.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:54 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:14 pm
I would post my opinions but everything is supposed to be PC now so I will keep things to myself.
We're not PC here.. they forgot about car forums :lol:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:10 am

Ha-ha! I wish that were true. allpar.com has gone PC which is why I no longer visit there.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:50 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:14 pm
Lmao don’t get soft now Gramps. Although I remember you getting upset with members arguing before.

I’ve never joined allpar, was it any decent for information or DIYers?

Speaking of DIY, a few weeks ago I cleaned my oil furnace by myself. Just the other day it stopped firing and I had to trouble shoot it for a day. Changed the little brain box on it after checking the cad cell and it didn’t start. Found a YouTube video where I guy walked you through setting it up since it’s kinda fancy. Worked like a charm and we have hot water again and we’re ready for winter.

I’ve saved so much money over the years by being stubbornly DIY. And the pride in myself for having accomplished something with my own two hands simply can’t be bought.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:38 am

INVUJerry wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:50 am
The site was my go-to for information about Chrysler- history, organization, future plans, etc. but it seems that the admin has gone the route of Yahoo! in that any views other than those of the site will be deleted and threads locked. I removed the site from my Favorites list and no longer visit there as I don't like censorship.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:07 am

Jerry - I have used oil from oil changes out of the Durango & CX5 if you need any for your furnace?

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:54 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:38 am
INVUJerry wrote:
The site was my go-to for information about Chrysler- history, organization, future plans, etc. but it seems that the admin has gone the route of Yahoo! in that any views other than those of the site will be deleted and threads locked. I removed the site from my Favorites list and no longer visit there as I don't like censorship.
What kind of posts were being locked though? Unless it was actual misinformation, I don't get why it would be a thing. I can't currently log into the site, so I guess I'll have to investigate later.
Haganracing wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:07 am
Jerry - I have used oil from oil changes out of the Durango & CX5 if you need any for your furnace?
Not for my house furnace, but thanks! I am thinking of doing a waste oil burner at some point for my shop, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon I'd need your used oil. I already have like 20 gallons under the bench in my garage :lol: .

You know, I was thinking of building a cheap "drip" system for my garage (and I even started it) but I realized how kind of easy it is to install an actual hot air furnace in an area..... maybe I'll do that and change nozzles around so I can run heating oil and waste engine oil mixed in it. That would really be something.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:18 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:54 am
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:38 am
INVUJerry wrote:
What kind of posts were being locked though? Unless it was actual misinformation, I don't get why it would be a thing. I can't currently log into the site, so I guess I'll have to investigate later.[
No, no misinformation, just varying opinions. The admin will not allow anyone to disagree with the PC line about electric vehicles. He has warned people not to do this and, if someone has dared to have his own opinion, threads are then locked. I had been on the site for years and had met the admin at Carlisle several years ago so I was very disappointed when this started happening.

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:11 pm

So the guy who bought my old wrecked R/T messaged me yesterday. He took it to a dealership to buy new brakes (which is odd) and some jackass there told him it wasn't a real R/T. He said it was a Canadian Neon that had the cluster swapped from KMPH to MPH. He said he ran the VIN to verify it. So I ran the VIN through an online decoder that not only proved it was a real R/T, but that it had been in Washington since new. Can you believe that shit? Who's going to go through all that trouble to clone an R/T? Not to mention it was a fifty-something year old dude that sold it to me. I'm still in shock over the stupidity of the claims.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:24 pm

Sometimes I think that some people get their jollies by saying "black" if someone else says "white"- even if they themselves don't believe it. Illogical but true.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:18 pm

JeremyJ wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:11 pm
Who's going to go through all that trouble to clone an R/T?
Exactly. The VIN alone would tell you it's an R/T. To buy the PCM, Intake manifold, header/catalytic converter, Transaxle, you had better have had a donor car, or you would have had more in parts than the car was worth.

As long as the sticker was still legible, the PCM would also have the (matching) VIN on it along with the PN.

That's how Dante determined my '02 PCM was an R/T vs an ACR. Given the SKIM was not locking it into a brick, he thought it might have been an ACR PCM.

The guy was probably trying to gaslight him into selling the car.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Off-Topic”