Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Re: Random posting

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:28 am

racer12306 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:59 pm
We've been kicking around getting rid of the Pacifica in favor of a Wrangler for my wife. Put it off because Wranglers are pretty pricey, especially when you want the power sliding top. Weighed similarly priced Acura's, Lexus', etc.

Insert major life change

My wife decided to leave her education career. Variety of reasons, but mainly, she wants to be home. Not at work until 6 or 7pm.
So starting in July, we will be carpooling to work everyday. She's going to be the General Manager at the machine shop that I work for and her father owns. The day ends at 4pm. Period. Half day on Friday. So much less stress but a lot of learning to do.

That led us to, her car won't be driven a lot because I'm super comfortable in my truck and I'll be the one driving. Does it need to be a van/suv/cuv/have 5 seatbelts............

Stumbled on a 2012 Beetle in Candy White with the 2.5 and 6 speed auto for a decent price, with an envelope of service receipts. She's in heaven now lol. She had a 98 when she was 16 and missed it since it was totaled in 2007.

Need to get it inspected and registered and post the Pacifica up for sale.

2017 Chrysler Pacific Touring L
8 passenger configuration
Price TBD
95,000 miles

Just putting that out there ;)

I've got half a pack of chewing gum and $12 to offer in trade :lol:. But that's great she got a facsimilie of her favorite car again! Also, glad she'll be working with you and the family! Think you guys have room for one more over there :D ??

Finally saw my doctor yesterday, they recommend physical therapy, and actually massage therapy. I thought the muscle was still strained, but they said it's still "very very tight". They gave me prednisone for some of the inflammation to take for a few days and then take an anti inflammatory until I can start my therapy. Hopefully this helps out some.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:21 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:28 am
racer12306 wrote:
-----

Price TBD
95,000 miles

I've got half a pack of chewing gum and $12 to offer in trade :lol:. But that's great she got a facsimilie of her favorite car again! Also, glad she'll be working with you and the family! Think you guys have room for one more over there :D ??
As in baby? Nope nope nopey nope.

We'd need a van again. I'm too old for all that. Three is plenty.

INVUJerry wrote:
Finally saw my doctor yesterday, they recommend physical therapy, and actually massage therapy. I thought the muscle was still strained, but they said it's still "very very tight". They gave me prednisone for some of the inflammation to take for a few days and then take an anti inflammatory until I can start my therapy. Hopefully this helps out some.
Prednisone is some crazy stuff. It just works. Make sure they teach you the stretches well and such so you can work on it some at home. Maybe not for right now since you need breaks from the therapy but if you feel it start getting tight again in the future.

My uvula has tried to choke me a couple times over the past 10 months. Oh yeah, it happens. Probably a virus. Here's some prednisone. Starts shrinking in an hour or two, back to normal within 12-18 hours.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:30 am

racer12306 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:21 pm
INVUJerry wrote:
racer12306 wrote:
-----

Price TBD
95,000 miles

I meant at the machine shop! haha, I'd never wish kids on anybody :lol:
racer12306 wrote:

INVUJerry wrote:
Prednisone is some crazy stuff. It just works. Make sure they teach you the stretches well and such so you can work on it some at home. Maybe not for right now since you need breaks from the therapy but if you feel it start getting tight again in the future.

My uvula has tried to choke me a couple times over the past 10 months. Oh yeah, it happens. Probably a virus. Here's some prednisone. Starts shrinking in an hour or two, back to normal within 12-18 hours.
That's pretty crazy! Prednisone works great for whatever is inflammed, but it usually makes me super grumpy, and makes it so I can't sleep for a few days.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:29 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:30 am
racer12306 wrote:
INVUJerry wrote:

It would be a ride for you, 2 hours

We're in New Castle, DE.

but we are looking for someone with MasterCam/Cam programming experience for CNC programming and CMM programming.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:54 am

racer12306 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:29 pm
INVUJerry wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:30 am
racer12306 wrote:

It would be a ride for you, 2 hours

We're in New Castle, DE.

but we are looking for someone with MasterCam/Cam programming experience for CNC programming and CMM programming.
Let me watch some youtube videos and I'll get back to you :lol:

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:22 pm

:lol:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:05 am

My mother in law wanted to do a water slide at our house last year, end of summer thing. It was all planned and then my family got covid in the week leading up to the date, so it got pushed back.

It had been on the calendar for weeks leading up to this past weekend and it hadn't rained at my house in 6 weeks, we're entering beginning drought phases and such. We're on a well and I was nervous last year when water was fine, so now I was like this is going to drain our well....

Came up with this idea to rent a water tote (275gallons) and then where to get it filled. Searched and searched, landed on a place in Gap, PA (about 40 min away) that does construction equipment rentals. Rented the whole package, filled tank, trailer and water pump all ready to go for $200. Only downside was the guys that loaded the tank on the trailer put the tank all the way on the front so I was carrying WAYYYY too much tongue weight. I made it about 10 miles before I felt the need to pull off and find some way to move this 2000lb tank of water. Managed to ratchet strap it back about 18/20" and it made it much nicer on the back of the truck.

Ended up working out perfectly. Careful moderation made the tank last the whole 6 hours we had the slide and all the kids had a blast.

When I returned it yesterday, it seems that I was the talk of the yard lol. Pull up and a guy I never saw before asked if this was for the water slide, I said yes and he asked how it went. Then the guy that loaded me asked how it went and he couldn't believe I made the water last that long. All I really had to do was throttle the pump (Honda 1" pump with a little 4 cycle on it) so it looked like a garden hose coming out, then just played with the flow restrictor so that the slide was wet but maybe not the full flow that the slide company set it for.

Didn't really want to spend the $200 but that's pennies compared to running the well dry. If I would've left the flow control as the slide company set it for, I would've easily went through 500 gallons of water.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:23 pm

Yeah, it totally beats running out of water.

I was thinking you were going to say you made some way to collect it and the bottom and pump it back to the top. :lol:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:51 am

Dude that's a really genius idea. We have a very shallow well, but there's a creek going through the corner of our property and I can't imagine we'd ever run out of water here, although right now the well pump is acting up and I need to replace it soon. It locks up every once in a while and we have to go spin it backwards so it'll go forward again.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:24 am

occasional demons wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:23 pm
Yeah, it totally beats running out of water.

I was thinking you were going to say you made some way to collect it and the bottom and pump it back to the top. :lol:
hmmmmmmmmmmm

That would be interesting for sure. I definitely think it would be very possible, just take some creativity. However, the kids had a blast with 275 gallons, even if I had it restricted back.

INVUJerry wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:51 am
Dude that's a really genius idea. We have a very shallow well, but there's a creek going through the corner of our property and I can't imagine we'd ever run out of water here, although right now the well pump is acting up and I need to replace it soon. It locks up every once in a while and we have to go spin it backwards so it'll go forward again.
Thanks

I like to think I come up with good ideas every now and again lol

Just in case, this is the pump I had: Honda Pump

It's not cheap, but it's highly effective and comes with the suction hose. Renting was $60 for the day, but looks like it's $150 for the week.

This was definitely one of those situations where my brain goes to situations that others, especially those that don't have a well, wouldn't think about. Like our neighbors, they had a bigger slide this weekend. I doubt this scenario even crossed their mind. They also didn't have a truck to make it all happen.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:00 pm

Frank running that VTEC set up keeping his well from running dry. Times have really changed over the years :lol:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:49 am

Haganracing wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:00 pm
Frank running that VTEC set up keeping his well from running dry. Times have really changed over the years :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was pretty proud of myself.

Until last week when my daughter ended up with some weird bacterial infection. No guarantee where it came from but can't say it didn't come from there. Makes me feel bad because it's a possibility in my mind.

Fortunately, she responded very well to the antibiotic they prescribed and she's back to 100%.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:03 pm

you guys pay a lot for home internet where you are at? Mine went up $15 a month. from $70-$85. (With their router/modem and wifi service) Only for 350mbps. was under a promotional period that ended. Spectrum internet. Been with them forever. Used to be called Time Warner Cable.

Anyways a new ISP came into my neighborhood. Clearwave internet. For 12 months and 500mbps $60 a month with their router. So was going to make the switch and cancel Spectrum. But Spectrum offered a stupid good deal so i stayed with them. They also have a cell phone service through Verizon, called spectrum mobile. $30 a month 20gbs of data, unlimited,talk and text.

so with sticking with them they are raising my speed to up to 500mbps for $55 a month for 12 months. On top of that they are giving me cell phone service for one year for free! so i dropped my current carrier metro pcs tmobile .

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:05 am

I'm stuck with a DSL provider $55 a month for 25mbps download speeds. There's no cable provider ran down my road, and no real other options available. Eventually I'd like to get T-Mobile's 5G internet but who knows when that will happen. For my cellphone we're using Cricket Wireless. I have the unlimited plus plan, I think I'm paying $176 a month for 5 lines, 2 of which have hot spot available. I regularly use like 70-90GB of data a month on my phone alone since I stream youtube to and from work about 4 hours a day, and I rarely use the wifi at home.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:43 am

BTW: Carlisle

Had a pretty decent year this year. I wasn't really prepared. I couldn't work on anything like I wanted to before hand, and then basically scrambled the last few days leading up to the event. I found out Thursday night that I needed tires for the Turbo Couch. I ended up going to the hotel pretty late Friday night to just hang out in the parking lot. Saturday just Nugget and I went to the fairgrounds. Criky, Clara, and Chris met up with us at the TMI meet, and then we went back to the hotel. Apparently this wildfire smoke really started to bother me because my eyes started burning and itching at TMI, and then at the hotel I had an allergy attack. I really really wanted to stay and hang out, but I started to feel really sick and ended up going home pretty quick and then was bed ridden most of Sunday.

Not the year I wanted...and I'm hoping I can make next year better.

Here's a video I made about doing the brake pads on the wagon, and the rear hub on the SRT. The rear hub really kicked my ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOLNBeVVhSI

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:33 pm

Sorry you got walloped like that.

Hope you're doing good now.

Was great to see and talk with you Saturday.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:15 pm

I got slightly drunk every night at Carlisle. It was so much fun! Can’t wait for next year 🔥
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:14 am

Haganracing wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:15 pm
I got slightly drunk every night at Carlisle. It was so much fun! Can’t wait for next year 🔥
Looked like a little more than slightly :lol:
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:00 am

racer12306 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:33 pm
Sorry you got walloped like that.

Hope you're doing good now.

Was great to see and talk with you Saturday.
I'm feeling much better, and yeah it was great seeing you man. I was talking with some people, we're gonna try to get some localish meets going before next year. Maybe south PA so the NT group can make it out.

Also, I won best non-neon, and Dirtiest car :lol: mainly since I haven't cleaned out or vacuumed the wagon since last year.

Was having a weird issue, every now and then the AC would cycle in the wagon, and I had to add a little bit of freon. I ended up talking to EJ about it and he mentioned replacing some of the seals or the valves, mainly the one's that look like Schrader valves. The AC system isn't supposed to need to be pumped up at all over the years, so the fact that I had to add freon at all is telling. I used some dye to check it and have a tiny weep under one of the plastic caps.

For $15 I'll have the AC system in top shape again. I'm glad I have honest friends that can help save me some money instead of getting hosed over at a shop.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:18 am

I'm registered for Carlisle 2024.

Pretty sure will just be Saturday, but we'll see.

First time I've pre-registered in a decade or more lol
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:27 pm

I'll bet that you got a low number. :)
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:23 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:27 pm
They actually offered a discount for pre-registration for next year at the goody bag counter this year which I thought was interesting.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:59 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:23 am
Midnight_Rider wrote:
They actually offered a discount for pre-registration for next year at the goody bag counter this year which I thought was interesting.
Was it more than the $14 off through online?
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:50 pm

racer12306 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:59 pm
INVUJerry wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:23 am
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Was it more than the $14 off through online?
Nah, same 20% off. I think I’m gonna pre reg the wagon for the first time since ever.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:08 am

I moved into the middle of nowhere to have lots of car storage, only to be hassled by a township for my car storage. How annoying.

Oh well. I got 2 of my cars moved, I really need to figure out what I'm going to do with this Insight. Either fix and keep, fix and flip, or just part it out as it sits. I need to move my wife's neon (fuzzy's old 1gn) into my barn, and get my NYG into the garage so I can start working on it again.

I did, however, buy a set of SOHC ITB's for it. So instead of a 2.4 turbo setup...I'll just do another N/A setup on it. I need to find valve springs which is becoming increasingly difficult since crane springs aren't available new anymore. I've heard you can use DOHC crower springs but I haven't confirmed this yet. I e-mailed crower, hoping they get back to me this week. I'd like to do a 2.4 N/A SOHC setup which is really uncommon, but whatever I end up to happen across, is what I'll use. I do have a magnum head with some bent valves. If I get a stock block, or a dohc block, I'll mill it some. If I get a 2.4 block, I'll probably mill it a lot lol.

EIther way, I want this car to be a fun N/A ripper next summer.

BRR Pm'd me, but has PM's disabled so I can't reply directly:
I'll forgive you, things happen, people and situations change. I quit drinking last year and realized that I've not always been the best or most positive person. In the past you have done a lot of things to make people uncomfortable (LSP). I'm just hoping you're on a better trajectory now a days.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:08 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:08 am
I moved into the middle of nowhere to have lots of car storage, only to be hassled by a township for my car storage. How annoying.
They are using drones in my area so they can see things they can't see from the road and are hassling people over it.

My neighbors are absolute hoarders, they are cracking down on them. They have around 7 vehicles all packed full of whatever. None of it is hidden.

But since they zoned a corridor of 500 feet each side of the state highway for so many miles out of city limits, as residential, the zoning inspector can say what is permitted and what is not according to the residential rules. The other side of the 500' line is agricultural, and you can do whatever you please, and not be bothered.

Got to have a nice pleasant view through farmland as you drive towards the city.....
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:43 am

occasional demons wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:08 pm
INVUJerry wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:08 am
They are using drones in my area so they can see things they can't see from the road and are hassling people over it.

My neighbors are absolute hoarders, they are cracking down on them. They have around 7 vehicles all packed full of whatever. None of it is hidden.

But since they zoned a corridor of 500 feet each side of the state highway for so many miles out of city limits, as residential, the zoning inspector can say what is permitted and what is not according to the residential rules. The other side of the 500' line is agricultural, and you can do whatever you please, and not be bothered.

Got to have a nice pleasant view through farmland as you drive towards the city.....
Yeah, my property is technically zoned agricultural, but the township has rules about any vehicle that isn't stored in a building needs to be tagged, inspected, and insured. This is really making me want to speed up the process for my "Omni Trailer" project so I can free up a space in the barn.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:29 am

Do those pop up car ports count as being stored?

Shouldn't need a permit for a temporary shelter...
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:54 am

occasional demons wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:29 am
Do those pop up car ports count as being stored?

Shouldn't need a permit for a temporary shelter...
It has to be a "4 sided structure". I'm sure I could get away with a pop up car port, but they'd probably bother me for not having a permit for it.

I do have a 40' shipping container full of furnuture and my (now passed) mom's junk, I could stash a car in there if I cleaned it up enough.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:29 pm

That sucks.

Whole point of being in the sticks is to not have people bug you.

I couldn't get away with having cars at my house (or maybe I could based on a neighbor or two ha) but it's officially against the rules. But I also understood that moving in.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

Return to “Off-Topic”