Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Haganracing
2GN Member

Re: Random posting

Post by Haganracing » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:31 pm

Congrats Jerry!!! How exciting!!
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:16 pm

Ditto!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:06 am

Thanks everyone!

Neon has been acting funny. Sometimes when it gets warm it starts having a misfire issue. It'll basically idle fine, and run fine at WOT, but anywhere in between it will bog, cough, stutter, or act like it's dying. If I turn the key off and on again, it'll be fine for a while. Sometimes the whole drive, sometimes just a few minutes. I thought it was the temp sensor at first, since that's how my first NYG acted with a bad sensor, then I thought it was the crank sensor because they've been problematic, but that wasn't it. I might try unplugging the cam sensor and going for a drive, but it's really hard to chase down since it's so sporatic and only happens when it's warm out. Like it acted totally fine this morning, but I'd bet this afternoon it'll act up since it'll be above 70 degrees outside.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:54 pm

Looky what I found!

Has anyone ever seen one of these before? I'm wondering if it was something Chrysler sent out to salesmen as a promo item?

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun May 05, 2024 4:33 pm

From the ebay seller:

"As for the jacket's history, I think you are spot on with it being a promotional sales incentive for a salesperson from the 90's. We were happy to save this unique relic from ending up in a landfill and happy that it has found a great home."

Yup, I bought it. :wink:

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon May 06, 2024 2:02 am

haha nice! your size too?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon May 06, 2024 3:46 am

Yes, XL. I was shocked as, usually, clothing items on ebay are too small for me so it kind of felt like I needed to act on this one.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed May 08, 2024 1:23 am

Coat went to a leather shop for refurbishing (dyeing the worn leather, new lining). The estimated cost is more than what I paid for the jacket!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri May 10, 2024 9:22 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:23 am
Coat went to a leather shop for refurbishing (dyeing the worn leather, new lining). The estimated cost is more than what I paid for the jacket!
Jeez! Seems like it'll be worth it though!

I finally figured out my bogging/stalling/misfire issue after trying all sorts of stuff on my daily. I changed my MAP sensor, unplugged my cam sensor, unplugged my o2 sensor to try to force it into open loop mode, all sorts of stuff, turns out it was the TPS of all things. I didn't have a spare DOHC TPS so I wired a SOHC plug onto it, and installed a SOHC TPS on the car. But to get it to work, I had to install it upside down, and then rotate the throttle body into place in a funny way to make it fit. Sort of annoying, but I made it work. This just makes me want to get a no 90 lower intake made so that it'll be less of an issue, and maybe a 10HP bump.

Also finally fixed my coolant leak. The waterneck on the intake manifold was pitted. I had considered using RTV to just seal it for now, but decided against it. I sanded the housing down, put some quick setting JB weld on the housing, waited for it to start to set up, cut it flush with a razor blade, put a small bit of a second coat on, did the same thing, and then sanded it down with 500 grit sandpaper until it was shiny except for the pitted areas. So far it's been about 3 days and 350 miles of driving and it's doing fine.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri May 10, 2024 4:25 pm

Yeah, if it doesn't like the TPS voltage, it does some odd things.

I discovered that when I made mine adjustable when playing with the 60mm TB on my '01.

At least you didn't get a nice IM backfire....
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri May 10, 2024 8:06 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:25 pm
Yeah, if it doesn't like the TPS voltage, it does some odd things.

I discovered that when I made mine adjustable when playing with the 60mm TB on my '01.

At least you didn't get a nice IM backfire....
Man, there was one day I was driving home, and I had to turn the key off and on every 30seconds to 1 minute for about 3 hours while I was driving home. I got intake backfires, exhaust backfires, everything. I had put a patch on the exhaust but I blew it open with a backfire. Super annoying.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri May 10, 2024 10:22 pm

I got some pretty bad intake backfires when the TPS began to fail, and it was the only time it ever got a TPS/MAP correlation code.

SBEC seems to take much more to throw that one compared to NGC.

The only symptom before that was the Cruise Control would randomly cancel, then just refused to set. It ran perfectly otherwise. I was just thinking that there was a Cruise Control issue.

But it was probably getting a flaky TPS input that was enough to cancel cruise, but wasn't noticable otherwise.

Then it was like flipping a switch and all hell broke loose.

It never did throw any actual TPS faults, but putting a meter on the TPS output showed it had a serious voltage spike, then a flat spot, which was probably dumping fuel, and then going lean.

It was another testament to the strength of Plastic Weld used in gluing my Ghetto Blaster IM together.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun May 12, 2024 9:05 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 10:22 pm
I got some pretty bad intake backfires when the TPS began to fail, and it was the only time it ever got a TPS/MAP correlation code.

SBEC seems to take much more to throw that one compared to NGC.

The only symptom before that was the Cruise Control would randomly cancel, then just refused to set. It ran perfectly otherwise. I was just thinking that there was a Cruise Control issue.

But it was probably getting a flaky TPS input that was enough to cancel cruise, but wasn't noticable otherwise.

Then it was like flipping a switch and all hell broke loose.

It never did throw any actual TPS faults, but putting a meter on the TPS output showed it had a serious voltage spike, then a flat spot, which was probably dumping fuel, and then going lean.

It was another testament to the strength of Plastic Weld used in gluing my Ghetto Blaster IM together.
Haha, dang that's pretty amazing that the GB intake stuck together that long! When I bought that turbo van, it came with a sheetmetal intake manifold. Just for space, I'm really considering slapping it on the car. I'm sure I'll lose power everywhere, but it'll look cool.

I got some video done of me working on the water neck, this was a little fun to film until it got towards the end.

https://youtu.be/dzaP3C17Jh8?si=OBfCgiRl6gBATiKp

Return to “Off-Topic”