Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:07 pm

heyybaker wrote:Before I come to the show I might be stopping in McConnellsburg to look at an SXT.. wouldn't it be grand if they just took my car as a trade-in and I completed my journey to Carlisle in a neon? :lol:
DO IT! DO IT! \:D/
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:11 am

Made it 40 miles so far on this money pit. :lol:

Let's see if it makes it another 650+ for the round trip....
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:59 am

It did, it did! :thumbup:

Had the Jeep in for the 136K service this morning and found out that one of the techs there has a red '01 R/T MSE! No Silverstones but in very good shape. I told him about 2GN so maybe he might turn up here sometime.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:56 am

You know it's slow here, when 8 of the top 11 OT posts are Birthday posts! :rofl:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Yes, I noticed that. I'm really hoping that I don't have to give in and join FB just to keep in touch with everyone. :banghead:

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:32 pm

You said it best gramps, DO IT DO IT! \:D/
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:Yes, I noticed that. I'm really hoping that I don't have to give in and join FB just to keep in touch with everyone. :banghead:
:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: It's not hard ... you're already computer literate :thumbup:
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

caustic neon
2GN Member

Post by caustic neon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:08 am

"THE GAME"

I lost,
Bacon is a Vegetable

Neons owned
2003 Dodge SXT (MAGGIE) = Dead X 3
1997 Dodge Highline DOHC coupe = Sold
1996 Dodge sedan (Baby) SOHC = Sold
1996 Dodge espresso coupe SOHC (Stella) = Dead
1998 Plymouth ACR------- more to come

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:11 am

^ Dammit John!
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:15 am

Huh? :scratch:

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:21 am

Gramps, it's a mind game.

Check out the website for more information on it.

I've been playing for years, and still not getting any closer to winning :(

http://tinyurl.com/2btsaf
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Oh great, since I just read about The Game, that means that I lost as well. :banghead:

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:26 am

^ Exactly

Also since I am sure it has been over 30 minutes since you saw this thread.

You and I both lost the game again lol.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:51 pm

:laughing3:
Has anyone had any experience with AdAware anti-virus software? I let them talk me into a year of tech support yesterday and they remotely worked on my PC while I was at my job last night. Got home this morning and my PC was locked up (in a loop instead of being in Sleep mode) and icons were missing from my desktop (including the one that they put there with their "Premium" 24/7 hotline number :roll: ). All that I could do was to reboot my PC and it turns out that info that the PC needs to boot is missing and I'm going to have to reformat my hard drive (reinstall Windows 7). I could have done this on my own and saved the $249 :shock: fee. I've already been in touch with the bank that issued my credit card and then I called AdAware "tech support" this morning and demanded a refund. My first clue should have been the almost immediate email and voice mail message from my bank's fraud department asking if it was a legitmate charge. BEWARE!!!

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:09 pm

I used AdAware for a while, but only the free version to remove spyware. I used to use it together with SpyBot but these two no longer are working nicely together and SpyBot seems better anyway. I usually stay away from any of these payed services and I certainly do not like someone externally messing with my computer.

Before you reformat you can try to go back to a previous restore point in Windows. This can get you back to a point before AdAware was installed. You will loose any programs and updates you installed since the restore point was created. But you do not loose any of your personal files (even though backups of important files beforehand never hurts).

I would probably run something like SpyBot after restoring to a restore point just to make sure there is nothing left from the AdAware installation. This will basically remove any spyware which includes stuff that tracks your every move and other nasty stuff that virus scanners may not pick up on.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:27 pm

I had been using the AdAware freeware for a long time before I broke down and bought the AdAware Pro. I also had Spybot but the AdAware jerks removed it (along with my Norton 360). :cussing: I can't even get the PC to boot now so I will have to do a hard drive reformat. My nephew (a PC guru) is coming over to help and he said that he can use Linux to copy my PDF's and pics to a flash drive so that I won't lose my files. Good thing- I have been stupid by not having an external back up drive and I was really upset at the thought of losing all of the Neon photos that I have collected over the years.

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:43 am

I use AVG love it, i've used norton and didnt like it much, i've heard of others with issues with adaware.
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 am

I have only used Microsoft Security Essentials for the last three years, and have had zero issues. It seems I had more trouble when using both AVG, and Norton.

Call me paranoid, but I think they actually staged "Attacks" to make you think you actaully need to pay for their services.

M.S.E. is totally free, and for me has been effective. What better for a "neon" person. :D

Edit: I actually had MSE installed on my PC at work, and it was catching a virus that their professional Symantech was letting through on everyone else's PC. They got all butt hurt and made me take it off. So then my PC got fried too. Good job guys! I LMAO'ed at them.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:14 am

The Windows computers in our department use Security Essentials also. It seems to work pretty well. I use ClamWin at home. I prefer something lightweight. Norton is a total resource hog and bogs down your computer way too much. I used AVG for a while but they were getting too annoying with renewals etc.

When you boot into a Live Linux CD or USB key you can usually get all the data off very easily. I did this several times on mine and other computers. Even with dying hard drives I was lucky enough to get most of the things I needed off of it. So your Neon pictures are probably safe :thumbup:

I run a media server in the basement that has all my pictures on it and I always run a backup of those. The main hard drive in that one died a few weeks ago and I ended up replacing the entire system as it was getting old. My backup hard drives are stored in a waterproof firesafe, you see I am that paranoid :D

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:35 am

My nephew was able to save my files and pics through Linux on a flash drive and they have all been reloaded after the hard drive reformat. I've been spending a lot of free time since then trying to get the settings on my PC back to where they were. Norton is now giving me problems- the full system scan won't run- so I'll have to use their chat option when I get home from work tonight. :banghead:

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Glad to see you have your files restored already. Personally, I would ditch Norton. Isn't it an annual subscription you have to pay for? There are lots of free alternatives that probably do a better job. As I mentioned before, Norton is a total resource hog. It slows down your computer for no reason. If you have the CPU horsepower you may not mind it as much. But I like to use my CPU for what I want to get done and not burn CPU cycles on something else for no apparent reason.

gtxtreme19
2010 Silver Contributor

Post by gtxtreme19 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Well I had to "redesign" the pizza oven at work today, and basically gut it and reinstall new parts. I walked out with 4 elements and controller and some solid state relays. I might try my hand at powder coat. I do have a "gun" that was given to me some time ago.
-Mike
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Skitlz wrote:Gramps, get a GPS.
Gramps Prefers Streetmaps. :D

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:11 am

"Pizza oven"- this isn't the one at the restaurant, is it? Don't scare me like that... we're just a few weeks away from sampling your yummy pizza. :tongue1:

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:58 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:It did, it did! :thumbup:

Had the Jeep in for the 136K service this morning and found out that one of the techs there has a red '01 R/T MSE! No Silverstones but in very good shape. I told him about 2GN so maybe he might turn up here sometime.
You have a Jeep? /JeepWave!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:26 pm

:laughing3:
Yes, I've been driving an employer-provided Jeep Liberty since March 2012 but it is about to be retired. The corporate fleet department has decided that, unlike my co-workers who have Jeep Patriots, I'll be getting a Subaru Outback. I would have preferred another Jeep but at least the Subie is assembled here in the US (Lafayette, IN), unlike the Japanese-built Foresters that I drove prior to the Liberty.

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote::laughing3:
Yes, I've been driving an employer-provided Jeep Liberty since March 2012 but it is about to be retired. The corporate fleet department has decided that, unlike my co-workers who have Jeep Patriots, I'll be getting a Subaru Outback. I would have preferred another Jeep but at least the Subie is assembled here in the US (Lafayette, IN), unlike the Japanese-built Foresters that I drove prior to the Liberty.

What year Liberty? We just had a guy in my local club put a 3" lift and 33" tires on his 2ng gen Liberty, it looks pretty badass now. You should get them to do that for you.

gtxtreme19
2010 Silver Contributor

Post by gtxtreme19 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:"Pizza oven"- this isn't the one at the restaurant, is it? Don't scare me like that... we're just a few weeks away from sampling your yummy pizza. :tongue1:
The one and only, yes. Today I went in to find it out of commission yet again. Needless to say my insurance company is VERY unhappy since "acts of nature" (a severe lightning storm in this case) are supposed to be 100% coverage. Well after a long bit of bitching the local electric provider came to test their end of things and the lineman who did it seems to think its all their fault. So 2 ovens in as many weeks down and I'm fixing to go bankrupt.
-Mike
Midnight_Rider wrote:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:21 am

Wenuden wrote:What year Liberty? We just had a guy in my local club put a 3" lift and 33" tires on his 2ng gen Liberty, it looks pretty badass now. You should get them to do that for you.
:lol: I doubt that corporate would want their logo on a vehicle like that but it's fun to think about. Mine is a 2012 and I hit 145,994 miles today so it won't be around much longer.
gtxtreme19 wrote:So 2 ovens in as many weeks down and I'm fixing to go bankrupt.
Shouldn't the power company cover the expense since it appears to be their fault? :beatstick:

gtxtreme19
2010 Silver Contributor

Post by gtxtreme19 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:13 am

We'll find out today, I'm here watching a power crew very closely I know enough to know if I'm getting hosed or lied to
-Mike
Midnight_Rider wrote:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:35 am

Not to take away from the seriousness of the situation but is our meet next month still on?

Return to “Off-Topic”