Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Re: Random posting

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:36 am

INVUJerry wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:06 am
Township finally gave me a notice to get rid of some of my cars if I don't have plates on them, so now I'm in a mad dash to scrap/partout/dump/hide some of my beaters I have in the yard.
I got pretty busy since I made this comment. So far I sold my 96 sedan to my buddy Dan, then CJ, Ryan Keyser's brother came and got his C20 he was storing at my house, and I took this dude his 84 Cherokee to his house out in Hagerstown (He said he was going to pay me for storing the vehicle and for bringing it to him, then suddenly didn't have the money when I showed up). This past weekend I borrowed my buddy's trailer and I scrapped 3 vehicles, my 91 Ram van that I last drove in late 2016, my 95 4 lug iris sedan that's been broken since early 2016, and Scott's old 01 R/T that was just a rusty shell. Surprisingly, the scrap prices aren't too bad where I'm at. $10 per 100 pounds for a car with a battery and cat, $9 per 100 if those are missing. I should have cut the cat off my van and scrapped it separately, but I didn't do bad at all. Made $514 on the van, $214 on the iris car without the cat, and $149 on the shell. I had already scrapped the cat on the iris car for $200, and considering I only paid $200 for it in 2015, that's not bad at all.

Little Jerry had a blast helping me since I let him pilot the van, and he was helping me hook/unhook chains on the cars I was moving. Watching his brain work when we needed to line the cars up to the trailer and he was figuring out where/how to turn the steering wheel was great. I was using my suburban with a dead lifter to move them around. Once I drop the engine/trans from my PT cruiser that's going next, and eventually my suburban will end up over there too. I got friendly with the guy that runs the scales so I might even bring it there running so he can have something to run around the yard with.

It's amazing how well a cheap harbor freight 2500 pound winch will move a vehicle with a snatch block attached. It dragged my van with a wheel that was dragging up the trailer just fine, and my F250 I got from Hagan towed it great.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:47 am

Got the China Flu last week. Feeling better, still lost of taste and smell, lack of energy and a dry random cough. Will be back at work next week. They say ten days. Has been 7. I was fully vaccinated with the Pfizer.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:48 am

Sorry to read that you have been under the weather but glad that you called the bug by its proper name.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:20 pm

Same message as Midnight Rider sent! Hope you did not pass it on to your special NEON! ;) :)

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:51 am

Christy caught covid-19 last weekend after working an event. She had a positive test 12/6. Been extremely stressful between trying to care for her while she sleeps out in the camper, take care of the kids, and work not letting me come back until I had a negative PCR test a few days after my exposure. She lost her sense of taste and smell for a few days, had some extreme fever spikes, and almost passed out one day when she came into the house to use the bathroom. I almost just tossed her in the car to take her to the hospital, but the 2 local to me in Hanover and Gettysburg were at 130% capacity. Luckily she made a turn for the better on Sunday morning so I could relax a little. I ended up going back to work today. She was fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine, her friend that was un vaxxinated is currently in the hospital and isn't looking good, I'm hoping she pulls through.

Ended up scrapping 2 more cars this week after I got a negative covid test. I'm down 10 vehicles on my property since October. 2 were friends that were being stored there, I sold 2, and then scrapped 6 in total.

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:14 pm

Oh man. This fucking virus is no joke. I just got my booster this weekend. I'm really glad your wife is doing better.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:05 am

Me too man. My heart hurt so bad when I told my kids that Christy had Corona. I had to explain that viruses get more weak as they evolve, and it's more than likely she has the latest variant and that mommy will be fine. But Clara still was really sad, and keeping them isolated was really hard. Hoping Christy's results come back negative today so the kids can get a big hug from her.

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:31 pm

Ugh, that's rough. I hope we can avoid that, but at times it feels like we're all destined to catch it at one point or another. Keep us updated about her progress. I'll be super happy for you all when she comes out on the other side.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:43 am

Well, yesterday little Jerry went to the school nurse with a headache and exhaustion. They said he's a probably case for covid exposure, and has to stay home for at least 10 days. Last night Clara started complaining about not feeling good.

I'm hoping I can dodge this bullet, I already missed a week of work, and with all the other projects that have taken my time lately, I had zero leave left. Me getting covid would fuck us up pretty bad.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:46 am

SORRY to hear of your COVID infections! Hope all goes well. :)

I wonder when bureaucratic agencies will start saying that COVID is now also due to CLIMATE CHANGE. JOKE JOKE JOKE

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:29 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:43 am
Well, yesterday little Jerry went to the school nurse with a headache and exhaustion. They said he's a probably case for covid exposure, and has to stay home for at least 10 days. Last night Clara started complaining about not feeling good.

I'm hoping I can dodge this bullet, I already missed a week of work, and with all the other projects that have taken my time lately, I had zero leave left. Me getting covid would fuck us up pretty bad.
I am absolutely out of PTO because of family situations. It really sucks. I wish you guys the best of luck.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:57 pm

Son in law got Covid last week. Unvaccinated. He seemed to be doing okay with it, fever broke after a week, and then early Monday morning my daughter had to take him to ER.

Sugar was through the roof, and Potassium was very low. Either one will kill you.

If he hadn't went, we would probably be having calling hours. It took the strongest stuff they had to finally get his sugar down. Doctor told him he will probably have to do insulin for the rest of his life. He was not diabetic before this.

There seems to be no end to what this will trigger.

I wonder if his outlook on vaccinations has changed now...

My daughter only got vaccinated because she was doing medical training, otherwise she would still be unvaccinated. Both of them are under 30 years old.

I laugh, because they both vape, and don't have a clue of what's in it, or the long term, but claim the same reasons as to why they won't get vaccinated.

I got the vaccine and booster, not because someone told me I should, but because I'll take my chances with that, any day of the year, than getting full blown Covid. Far more people have gotten seriously ill or died from Covid than the vaccine.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:52 am

Huge bummer to hear these COVID stories.

Jerry, did your wife have the booster in her too? I regret not getting the booster. I heard 6 months after the 2nd shot the chance of getting Covid rises quite a bit. I was at month 8, I was going to wait until next year. If you haven't had covid and you have haven't got the booster, definitely get it!

I didn't really elaborate on my symptoms. It started off with a random dry cough. I noticed when I looked to the far left or to the far right there was a pain in my eyes which was very weird like a sinus pain. Then I started to get the chills randomly at work with lack of energy. Then I would start to feel hot I took my temperature at work since they have new thermometers readily available And I was at normal temp. Went home that morning, had a fever that night was like 100.4, took Ibuprofen got the night sweats due to breaking the fever. Then I would get a random cough that was kind of uncontrollable at times,like there was a tickle in my throat. Luckily I have these badass Vicks sore throat cough drops have had for like a couple years and those worked really well to slow the irratic cough down. Then the second night I had a lower fever it was only like 99 something broke that fever with sweats and took ibuprofen. The loss of taste and smell really sucked I got it back though after 10 days. I still feel congested with lack of energy and wheezing. I still wake up coughing every now and then. My fiance got it and she had the same symptoms as me. She is coughing quite a bit more though. Luckily feeling better now. Another thing I noticed which was really weird was whenever I breathe through my nose it burned really bad in my sinuses. Like I was breathing in very hot fumes. That side effect has been gone.

Ton of people at my job have been getting it lately lots and lots of people are out of work. It's mainly the Delta variant right now. But that omicron is making its way around but I hear it's not as bad since it's mutated so much. I want to get my booster shot but I think I have to wait quite a while now since I got covid recently.

Occasional demons, why was your son in laws sugar so high???? Covid caused his sugar level to go real high and now is diabetic???? That's crazy. Was he a healthy weight? Or overweight? I hear people that are very overweight tend to get hit really hard with covid

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:32 am

The effects are so varied from person to person. It can act like two different viruses in two different people. It's crazy. And the long Covid effects are scary as hell, like OD mentioned. No thanks. I just got my booster last weekend, at the six month mark. No regrets. I don't want to play around with this shit.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:51 pm

He is a little overweight, but nothing crazy. Pretty much healthy before this.

Medicaid (Care Source) is not wanting to cover any of the testing strips, or the needles, etc for the insulin.

A couple of vaccination shots, while not a guarantee he wouldn't have caught it, might have prevented it from getting this bad. And those cost only your time to go get them. Now they have another expense they can't afford. I guess he should have gotten insurance through his employer, instead of using Medicaid.

Not sure how he managed to get Medicaid, but for "Republicans" they sure like to take advantage of all those "Democratic" benefits, except that "Democratic Vaccine".

Keep listening to the nut jobs that only care about their ratings....

Democratic voters have more than 91% of adults having received at least one shot. Only about 60% of Republican adults have done so.

This vaccination gap has created a huge gap in death rates, one that has grown sharply during the second half of the year.
Now, if I were an elected Republican/Conservative Right, I think I would be sending a different message out to my base, before they have zero chance of having enough voters left, to ever defeat the left, let alone retain their seat.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:40 am

As a REPUBLICAN in a heavy (thanks NYC) DEMOCRAT state and this is MY OPINION..... With all the DEMOCRATS have done in less than one year nationwide(and worldwide), I don't think we will have too much trouble at all.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:30 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:52 am
Jerry, did your wife have the booster in her too? I regret not getting the booster. I heard 6 months after the 2nd shot the chance of getting Covid rises quite a bit. I was at month 8, I was going to wait until next year. If you haven't had covid and you have haven't got the booster, definitely get it!
Unfortunately she did not have the booster, but she is mostly back to normal, just with the loss of energy. I'm trying to schedule my booster so that I can get it on a Friday and have off a weekend to recover.
occasional demons wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:51 pm
Democratic voters have more than 91% of adults having received at least one shot. Only about 60% of Republican adults have done so.

This vaccination gap has created a huge gap in death rates, one that has grown sharply during the second half of the year.
Now, if I were an elected Republican/Conservative Right, I think I would be sending a different message out to my base, before they have zero chance of having enough voters left, to ever defeat the left, let alone retain their seat.
Seems as if the Republicans/Right want their base to die off for political points, and I'm not sure why.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:01 am

ALSO it seems VERY STRANGE to me that even by "statistics", that in NY the highest cases are in DEMOCRAT majority counties and cities.
And YES ALL of my Family and relatives (99.5% REPUBLICANS) ARE VACCINATED.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:17 pm

FWIW, I had both of the Trump vaccinations back in February and am scheduled for the booster tomorrow.

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:45 pm

04rebel wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:01 am
ALSO it seems VERY STRANGE to me that even by "statistics", that in NY the highest cases are in DEMOCRAT majority counties and cities.
And YES ALL of my Family and relatives (99.5% REPUBLICANS) ARE VACCINATED.
The highest amount of cases will always stick to the highest volume of people. Bigger cities almost always lean left. The rates have nothing to do with politics. It's just statistical math.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:57 am

So I don't know if anyone remembers, but I had a jukebox for a shop radio for a while, it had a small audio board inside of it, and I wired some LED's inside of it so it would look neat. I thought over the weekend, it would be nice to sell the record mechanism to someone who needed parts for theirs. Apparently, it caused a huge shit storm and people were berating me for considering parting out such a fine piece of machinery. Finally, someone stopped being an emotional wreck long enough to explain that it was a ww2 era model, and the parts were specific to this machine because during that time they weren't selling complete jukeboxes, just cabinets that you would add your existing mechanism into. I ended up selling it to that guy for $1500.

Here's the video I made about it when I thought I was going to use 2020 to become a youtuber :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-RR6XhXZM8

I guess I'll be on the lookout now for a new jukebox that won't be as valuable, and maybe take up less room in the garage. But now I have space for my 1950's Siegler "oil stove" that I picked up a few weeks ago. Basically a large kerosene stove that uses vaporization to run. These can also run on home heating oil, and some people have converted them to run on waste oil. I have a lot of waste oil, so eventually I'll be running it on that. It's a pretty easy conversion. I'll just need to run a flue out the side of my garage, not a hard project at all.

Also, happy winter solstice everyone. The days start getting longer from here.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:53 am

I like Seeburg jukeboxes. I used to have two Seeburg Little LPs by The Monkees but sold both of them.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:45 pm

Well fellas, covid might’ve finally caught up to me. I felt a little off on Wednesday, Wednesday night I started coughing, getting a sore through, spent all of wednesday night trying to sleep but kept waking up with a bad headache and body aches.

Today I took some ibuprofen and felt a little better, but I’m back to feeling like poop again. Can’t find any rapid tests near me, between people getting tested for travel, and with infection rates going up here and in MD. Have a pcr test scheduled for tomorrow, but who knows when I’ll get my results. I was supposed to go visit Larkin on Sunday but I’m going to have to miss out on that now :(.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:14 pm

Best of luck, hopefully it's not Covid, and you have a quick recovery.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:41 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:45 pm
Well fellas, covid might’ve finally caught up to me. I felt a little off on Wednesday, Wednesday night I started coughing, getting a sore through, spent all of wednesday night trying to sleep but kept waking up with a bad headache and body aches.

Today I took some ibuprofen and felt a little better, but I’m back to feeling like poop again. Can’t find any rapid tests near me, between people getting tested for travel, and with infection rates going up here and in MD. Have a pcr test scheduled for tomorrow, but who knows when I’ll get my results. I was supposed to go visit Larkin on Sunday but I’m going to have to miss out on that now :(.
Fever too?
Sorry to hear man. Everyone reacts to it differently. I personally never had a sore throat. The short dry cough was a good sign. I had a headache for about 2 days It was a really light headache That was about 5 days after I tested positive for covid. Having body aches isn't a good sign. Get the chills yet?
I always do the drive-thru at CVS and get tested there. I've never done the rapid test I just wait for my results. Usually get the results in a day or two.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:38 pm

Results came back on Christmas night, positive for covid.

I ended up with chills and body shakes Wednesday night too, I was a mess. It was the worse I had been sick probably ever, and that includes the few times I had got the flu.

The CVS near me doesn’t have a drive through, I ended up going to my health providers drive through testing site. This sucks. I really didn’t want to miss another week of work without leave. I’m just frustrated up to a boiling point.

At least my wife already had it so I can’t get her sick again. I’m going to take some stuff to the dump and the junkyard this week and I’ll have her handle any inside stuff we need to. Might as well try to use the week off to my advantage.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:08 pm

I hope that you feel better soon.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:28 pm

Thanks gramps.

Yesterday was my dads birthday, he would’ve been 78 this year. I miss that old man.

I managed to not feel too bad by around 4 and wandered out to the garage to see if I can get anything done. Just picked up some tools I left on the ground and grabbed my Siegler heater out of the barn and started trying to figure out where I’m going to put this thing. Hardest part is going to be figuring out where I’m okay with cutting into the side of the garage for this to go.

Also, took my little Bluetooth board and speakers and jammed it on the wall so I can have some tunes while I work. I’m planning on building a little wooden box and I’m going to “distress” it a little so it’ll look vintage. Maybe even put small appliance lights in it so it’ll have a simulated tube amp glow.

Finally re downloaded imgur so I can upload some pics.

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:34 am

I hope this passes soon, Jerry. I feel like I'm going to get it any day now. It's just so contagious and it's literally everywhere. I have to go into work every day. I wear a mask, but even then, there's exposure. I'm fully vaxxed and boostered, but even that's not enough to fully prevent it anymore. I just keep hoping that I don't get any long-term effects and that I can avoid spreading it to my kids.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:30 pm

Thanks Jeremy. I really hope you’re able to dodge it. This sickness is really humbling me.

I’ve been fat my whole life but I got into halfway decent shape last year and this year. Basically I knew I could pick up whatever I wanted to, I could do anything on a car I wanted to. I could walk 1/4-1/3 a mile from the parking lot at my job to my office carrying a 40lb backpack without an issue.

I just dismounted a tire by hand and I’m panting and sweating like I just ran a marathon. This is awful. I hope I can recover from this. I have friends that are months out that are still having breathing issues. I already had asthma so I’m doubly worried about this.

Return to “Off-Topic”