Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Re: Random posting

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:08 am

2 weeks ago I sold my white/blue RT. The new owner lives in Wisconsin and I ended up meeting him in Ohio to sell it. Had a hell of a time coming home. We had one axle let go in Ohio, got to the point where I was going 40 in a 70 with my flashers on until we got to the next autozone that had an axle. We ended up staying the night just inside PA. Next morning we were heading back and needed to change the driver side axle. A good friend drove 100 miles from Ohio into PA to bring me and my wife one so we could finish our drive home. What a hellacious weekend.

Today I’m getting Lane Holt’s favorite station wagon out from under my barn’s awning. Taking off work tomorrow so I can go get it aligned at Blair’s shop. Hopefully it has no issues and I’ll go to the n2k18 meet in Virginia this weekend.

Here’s to hoping. [-o<

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:44 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:08 am
2 weeks ago I sold my white/blue RT. The new owner lives in Wisconsin and I ended up meeting him in Ohio to sell it. Had a hell of a time coming home. We had one axle let go in Ohio, got to the point where I was going 40 in a 70 with my flashers on until we got to the next autozone that had an axle. We ended up staying the night just inside PA. Next morning we were heading back and needed to change the driver side axle. A good friend drove 100 miles from Ohio into PA to bring me and my wife one so we could finish our drive home. What a hellacious weekend.

Today I’m getting Lane Holt’s favorite station wagon out from under my barn’s awning. Taking off work tomorrow so I can go get it aligned at Blair’s shop. Hopefully it has no issues and I’ll go to the n2k18 meet in Virginia this weekend.

Here’s to hoping. [-o<
Why didn't you use the Dodge B300 van as the tow vehicle ?
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:39 pm

I haven’t driven that van since we moved into our house in August of 2016. It needs the entire front end rebuilt along with the brakes. I’m probably just going to sell or scrap it since we want to replace it with a camper. Plus, the caravan gets 17 MPG while towing. The axles were bad already, when I did the 5 speed swap they had torn boots and I thought I should have ordered a pair then. It’s all good they’re done now, 12k miles later.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:41 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:39 pm
The axles were bad already, when I did the 5 speed swap they had torn boots and I thought I should have ordered a pair then. It’s all good they’re done now, 12k miles later.
Besides, why screw up an opportunity for future adventure. :lol:

Heck, I just replaced the passenger wheel bearing that has been making noise for the last 60,000 miles on my Subie.

It hadn't catastrophically failed yet, but the humming/droning was getting on my nerves...
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:08 am

Nothing like an axle to go bad (or, in your case, two axles). What a pain! I'm glad that you all survived. When I replaced both of mine a few years back, I thought that I was so smart to do preventative maintenance. What a surprise when I had one of the new axles go bad in less than 1K miles.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

jonnymopar
Junior Admin

Post by jonnymopar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Caraudioholic Mike had a new axle let go on him one year at Carlisle. He wasn't even horsing around at all. He was just taking off at an intersection normally.

Meanwhile I haven't had any problems barking 2nd gear with 213k-mile original axles. 8)
Jon J.

2003 Neon SXT - new home, new owner. Thanks for everything, old friend.
1989 Daytona ES - 2.4L/A555 swapped

Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon Until Jerry Buys It" Club Member #11

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:38 am

Yeah, Mike's snapped clean off. Him and Ashley weren't going anywhere until it got replaced. I think that was the first or second Carlisle for me.

At least Jerry was able to limp it to a parts store, given that was a whole different situation.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:01 pm

I will say. It was ferrying because people in Ohio seem to not notice someone going slow. I was going 45 with my flashers on and people were hauling ass up behind me going 80+

jonnymopar
Junior Admin

Post by jonnymopar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:43 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:01 pm
I will say. It was ferrying because people in Ohio seem to not notice someone going slow. I was going 45 with my flashers on and people were hauling ass up behind me going 80+
Must be a latitude thing because MA is the same way. Then again, in MA, it's pretty rare to see someone doing less than 80. Even when all the assholes from NY and CT come to Cape Cod for vacation, they all go like hell too.
Jon J.

2003 Neon SXT - new home, new owner. Thanks for everything, old friend.
1989 Daytona ES - 2.4L/A555 swapped

Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon Until Jerry Buys It" Club Member #11

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:22 am

INVUJerry wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:01 pm
I will say "ferrying"

:lol:

Damn autocorrect....

Yes, there are some very stupid motherfuckers here.

Even in a single lane construction zone, with two sheriff cars sitting with lights flashing, there are idiots that just have to pass the people going slower, via the median, right as they pass said sheriffs, and wonder why the sheriff has the gall to pull them over. I gave the sheriff a thumbs up as I went by.

If you are that fucking stuck on yourself, you deserve everything the cops serve you plus a bit more.

This is only about a 2 mile stretch of single lane, it isn't like they were going to be stuck behind car for hours. I see this retard flying every day going to and from work, in a company vehicle, so it's not like they don't know the road conditions.

Funny, since that day, I haven't seen that company truck anymore. Hope it was worth it. :wink:
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Sort of last minute I went to the neons.org 2018 meet, stayed with Mase from Minnesota and had a BLAST. Got to meet people I’ve talked to for 13 years. Fucking awesome. I took a handful of pics but I’m not going to upload them right now.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:49 pm

duplicate posting gone
Last edited by theColonel on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:21 pm
Sort of last minute I went to the neons.org 2018 meet, stayed with Mase from Minnesota and had a BLAST. Got to meet people I’ve talked to for 13 years.
Fucking awesome. I took a handful of pics but I’m not going to upload them right now.
Post them here https://www.facebook.com/groups/2244495877/
05 Dodge SRT-4

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Have to join FB to view them.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 am

Lane won’t see anything I post because he still has me blocked lol

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:15 pm

:crybaby: It really improved my Facebook news feed :lol:
05 Dodge SRT-4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:14 am

"Domestic,,, Not Domesticated" Dodge commercials- considering that all Dodge products are made either in Canada or Mexico (since the Dart was discontinued), there are no "domestic" Dodge products. They are all imported. How has FCA managed to escape being accused of false advertising?

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:49 am

theColonel wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:15 pm
:crybaby: It really improved my Facebook news feed :lol:
We were never friends, you’re just the one who got butthurt :shrug:
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:14 am
"Domestic,,, Not Domesticated" Dodge commercials- considering that all Dodge products are made either in Canada or Mexico (since the Dart was discontinued), there are no "domestic" Dodge products. They are all imported. How has FCA managed to escape being accused of false advertising?
I’m assuming because it’s still a very American brand is how. Either way, I don’t mind it.

Had to replace my well pump again last night. Went with a 1HP version over the 1/2HP we’ve had. It’s so nice actually having 42PSI of water pressure vs the 28 that the old pump made at max.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:38 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:14 am
"Domestic ,,, Not Domesticated" Dodge commercials - considering that all Dodge products are made either in Canada or Mexico (since the Dart was discontinued),
there are no "domestic" Dodge products. They are all imported. How has FCA managed to escape being accused of false advertising?
Hondas and Toyotas are built in the USA :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
05 Dodge SRT-4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:16 am

:roll: But you wouldn't catch me dead buying one.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:59 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:16 am
Apparently, your real issue has nothing to do with where the cars are built.
Most people found FCA's Dog Dart an overpriced, inferior product [-X
05 Dodge SRT-4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:50 pm

theColonel wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:59 am
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:16 am
Everyone knows that, no matter what could have been done with the Dart, you didn't like it from the get-go so that is a moot point. I wouldn't buy anything that isn't a Mopar product due to my family's history with Chrysler. Sadly, with FCA's current management, this leaves the only choices being either a Ram pickup (no thanks) or a few Jeep models (nothing there either). Good thing that I'm not in the market for a new vehicle.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:42 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:50 pm
theColonel wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:59 am
I wouldn't buy anything that isn't a Mopar product due to my family's history with Chrysler. Sadly, with FCA's current management, this leaves the only choices being either a Ram pickup (no thanks)
or a few Jeep models (nothing there either). Good thing that I'm not in the market for a new vehicle.
Your family's history with Chrysler ended when Daimler sold the company to the "vulture capital firm" Cerberus in 2007

https://www.allpar.com/corporate/cerber ... ysler.html
05 Dodge SRT-4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:41 am

theColonel wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:42 pm
Your family's history with Chrysler ended when Daimler sold the company to the "vulture capital firm" Cerberus in 2007.
Excuse me? My mother is still receiving benefits that my late father earned by working 38 years for Chrysler. Hence, FCA's health is greatly important to my family. Going forward, I would suggest you not comment on things that you don't know about.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:41 am
My mother is still receiving benefits that my late father earned by working 38 years for Chrysler. Hence, FCA's health is greatly important to my family. Going forward, I would suggest you not comment on things that you don't know about.
Hopefully for your mother's sake, the fund is not accessable by FCA, or any other entity that owns the Chrysler branded stuff.

While my employer contributes to my "Retirement" plan, they cannot access it. Which is a good thing considering my company has just changed hands. They could stop funding the plan, or dissolve their relationship with said Fund, but it would just transfer to my personal account if that happened. No different than if I retire early, quit or get dismissed in some way shape or form.

So glad the days of an employer being able to access retirement funds are about gone. Well unless current administation fucks that up too.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

c987long
2GN Member

Post by c987long » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:21 am

Glad to see this forum is still alive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2001 neon r/t sold
98 sport turbo- built motor 2.0 ngc DOHC, powered by srt ecu and hp tuners
esteinmaier wrote: We all know that an SRT4 wing is the Chuck Norris of car parts.
occasional demons wrote: Dude, your neon is all the sex you'll ever need!
:lol:

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:01 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 am
Hopefully for your mother's sake, the fund is not accessable by FCA, or any other entity that owns the Chrysler branded stuff.

While my employer contributes to my "Retirement" plan, they cannot access it. Which is a good thing considering my company has just changed hands. They could stop funding the plan, or dissolve their relationship with said Fund, but it would just transfer to my personal account if that happened. No different than if I retire early, quit or get dismissed in some way shape or form.

So glad the days of an employer being able to access retirement funds are about gone. Well unless current administation fucks that up too.
When I was working for AMAX we had a "defined benefit" retirement. Sometime during the final years the company removed the "excess funds" and
replaced them with an insurance policy from Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. The more modern approach is a 401-K plan which is portable (if you
change employers) or could be rolled-over into a IRA account (if your employment ends).
05 Dodge SRT-4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:03 am

I was surprised to find that PAL format DVD's will play on my PC's DVD player. I had bought a combo CD/DVD title (manufactured in Holland) from a German eBay seller, expecting it to not work due to the US using the NTSC format and discovered otherwise. A definite plus as I can now watch promotional films (early "music videos") of one of my favorite groups legally (i.e. not illegal YouTube downloads that I had been previously viewing).

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:06 pm

Getting ready for Carlisle this weekend. Just going to drive up each day since we’re only an hour away from the fairgrounds. I’m a little bummed I won’t be staying at the hotel but I’ll still have fun

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 am

Well, the upholstery shop work I had scheduled for Monday is now a bust. The business owner had asked that I call a few days prior to when I was scheduled to drop the SRT off but went way off into left field when I called yesterday. I have no idea why. Now I have to find another shop to do the work. What a pain.

Return to “Off-Topic”