Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Random posting

Post by occasional demons » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:03 pm

This 2005 Dodge Neon is an original. This is offered for sale by the original owner. The vehicle runs great and is mainly used for car shows.
Um, the original owner is dead.

False information.....

Even though it states the original owner died, the person selling it isn't the original owner. Gonna look funny if the title has not been transferred, and James Henley's estate isn't handling the sale.

Highest bidder has 2331 positive feedbacks. Not sure if that is possible with a fake account, and I'm sure eBay would be watching that closely on the higher bid amounts.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:44 am

Perhaps the seller is the executor for James Henley's estate? I found a picture online of James and Roy Clark on "Hee Haw" when James was a young boy.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:11 am

Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:44 am

LOL....What kind of window? Home, storefront, private vehicle, Emergency vehicle?????????

How did anyone even think to "dredge up" good old MAX HEADROOM? I thought he was CANCELED a long time ago(yes showing my age)!

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:10 pm

Random pet peeve for the day:

When people type/say "Cummings" instead of "Cummins". Drives me nuts.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:22 pm

Well, unless it is a two headed hooker! :lol:
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:44 am

JeremyJ wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:10 pm
Random pet peeve for the day:

When people type/say "Cummings" instead of "Cummins". Drives me nuts.
Seeing that they have a plant here in Indiana (Columbus), I hear that a lot. :roll:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:08 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/philadelphia-pol ... 01855.html

I instantly thought of this. :lol:

Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons
Packed up and ready to go
Heard of some gravesites, out by the highway
A place where nobody knows
The sound of gunfire, off in the distance
I'm getting used to it now
Lived in a brownstone, lived in the ghetto
I've lived all over this town

[Chorus 1]
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
This ain't no fooling around
No time for dancing, or lovey dovey
I ain't got time for that now

[Verse 2]
Transmit the message, to the receiver
Hope for an answer some day
I got three passports, a couple of visas
You don't even know my real name
High on a hillside, the trucks are loading
Everything's ready to roll
I sleep in the daytime, I work in the nighttime
I might not ever get home

[Chorus 2]
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
This ain't no fooling around
This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B
I ain't got time for that now

[Verse 3]
Heard about Houston? Heard about Detroit?
Heard about Pittsburgh, P. A.?
You oughta know not to stand by the window
Somebody'll see you up there
I got some groceries, some peanut butter
To last a couple of days
But I ain't got no speakers, ain't got no headphones
Ain't got no records to play

[Bridge]
Why stay in college? Why go to night school?
Gonna be different this time
Can't write a letter, can't send no postcard
I ain't got no time for that now

[Outro]
Trouble in transit, got through the roadblock
We blended in with the crowd
We got computers, we're tapping phone lines
I know that that ain't allowed
We dress like students, we dress like housewives
Or in a suit and a tie
I changed my hairstyle so many times now
I don't know what I look like
You make me shiver, I feel so tender
We make a pretty good team
Don't get exhausted, I'll do some driving
You ought to get you some sleep
Burned all my notebooks, what good are notebooks?
They won't help me survive
My chest is aching, burns like a furnace
The burning keeps me alive
Try to stay healthy, physical fitness
Don't want to catch no disease
Try to be careful, don't take no chances
You better watch what you say
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:44 pm

Thanks to Bill and Tom St Clair (PA ACR) for contacting me. I’m picking up a base model 96 this coming week. Probably going to finish parting out my 95 iris sedan so I can use the gas tank and fuel pump from it to fix the black 96.

Also made the decision to “just get it done, don’t get it right” for my NYG. I miss driving it so I’m going to throw my old motor into it, oil burning and all. It’s an 01 RT block with a standard sohc head and magnum manifold. But I do have a long tube. Eventually I’ll need to do all the bushings on it but I just want it on the road.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Have Frank’s old car still torn apart. I didn’t have enough space in my garage to do everything so I just missed it in. Now it’s too cold for me to get a lot of work done so it’s been sitting.

So far I’ve:
1:Removed the control arms, replaced the bushings and ball joints and bolted them back in place.

2:Replaced the tie rods.

3:Removed the transmission and replaced the clutch with an eBay unit I picked up a while back.

4:Picked out the magnum intake I have to put on it.

5:Lost the clutch slave cylinder mounting bracket. I have a spare one but no bolts for it.

Friday I’ll be off work and it should get into the 60’s again. I’ll finish it then. I also need to re arrange some stuff in my garage. My brother gave me an old jukebox that I mounted a Bluetooth audio board in and added modern speakers (hidden) but it takes up a lot of space.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:00 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:32 pm
I also need to re arrange some stuff in my garage. My brother gave me an old jukebox that I mounted a Bluetooth audio board in and added modern speakers (hidden) but it takes up a lot of space.
But that's tough to beat for the "cool factor" in garage audio...

I got an old Pioneer A/V receiver and 4 wall mount speakers , that go inside house walls. All off eBay. I made boxes for the speakers, and mounted them up near the ceiling. I put the receiver on a shelf above the door. So as far as space, it essentially takes up nothing. But it's not much to look at. :lol:

I think I have about $60 in it total.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:38 pm

Hey man, quality sound is more of a priority for me lol. I don’t have a CD collection anymore since a lot of mine got stolen, and I stream all of a my music. I did get the jukebox for free, and I think I have $70 into it right now because I did replace my little subwoofer with a Pyle brand one from Amazon.

I did make a short YouTube video on it if you want to watch me ramble for a minute.

https://youtu.be/x-RR6XhXZM8

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:47 am

That turned out great!
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:08 am

Got Frank’s car all back together and did some test drives. The XTD clutch does not feel like stock, it almost feels softer than stock. Hoping it lasts me a while. I also think I messed up the central motor mount when I did the clutch. I’ll replace it in the spring when I do the timing belt and all that.

Blair (boneyard racing) did me a huge favor last night and got me into his shop for an inspection last night. Amazingly it passed the emissions portion even though it only had maybe 40 miles on it since I reset the battery.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:57 am

The eBay clutch I used years back originally in my '99, then swapped over to my '01 was pretty soft, and vague feeling. It was worse than stock as far as that, but it was still holding up when I parked the '01. The "feel" was pretty much the same between the two actuation systems. (Cable vs Hydro)

IIRC it was a Banhoff.

Still not as light as the pressure plate in my Subaru. When I did that clutch, I had been driving the '99 with the V6 Stratus clutch. I honestly thought something was wrong, or I did something wrong, with the Subaru, and even bled the clutch cylinder, because it dropped to the floor so easily. I hadn't even lowered it to the ground, because I was sure I was going to have to go back in.

But it is just that soft of a pedal. And that was with a Luk replacement. But over 100,000 miles later, it is still holding.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:57 am

I like Luk clutches. I put a Luk PT clutch in my R/T. It felt like a stock clutch but held up to my abuse like a pro. I bought a Luk flywheel for my truck, too.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:16 pm

Probably not a fault with LUK, just with the specs it was made to, being a stock replacement unit.

I guess they just designed it for folks with weak leg muscles. The factory Subaru clutch effort was pretty light, I just got used to the effort needed with the Stratus clutch in a neon, and forgot how easy the Subie one was to push. I didn't get in a big hurry replacing the clutch, so it was probably over a month before I wrapped it up.

I kind of wished I went with a more performance oriented unit, going from the neon to the Impreza. But as it has lasted, I guess I shouldn't complain too much. :lol:
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:37 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:57 am
The eBay clutch I used years back originally in my '99, then swapped over to my '01 was pretty soft, and vague feeling. It was worse than stock as far as that, but it was still holding up when I parked the '01. The "feel" was pretty much the same between the two actuation systems. (Cable vs Hydro)
Vague was exactly how I described it this morning. Having a soft clutch actuation, and kind of lazy revving and a quiet exhaust, this car is so odd for me to drive, especially compared to my other 3 manual cars.

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:00 pm

I don't like quiet exhaust with a manual transmission. I prefer to hear the engine rev while shifting. I really need to open up the exhaust on my truck.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:42 pm

I drive 3 hours a day usually. It was somewhat punishing with a loud exhaust. I do want to have my buddy do something, but it’ll take time before I really get around to it.

For city driving though, it’s great.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:52 pm

Before I went with the Camaro muffler on my '01, I had the 60mm TB, and the SRI. The throttle noise was as good an indicator as a louder exhaust.

I actually sort of missed the sound of the throttle after making the exhaust a bit louder.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:34 pm

I enjoy the dynomax camaro muffler on my SXT years ago. Maybe I’ll find a magnaflow I can use.

400 miles on it so far and it works.

I did switch to a magnum intake manifold and an open air filter, but it sounds sooooo quiet.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:21 am

Forgot to mention, a while back I bought a set of these "toe plates" for doing your own car alignments at home.

Ebay link here

I've done some tape measure alignments in my day, but usually end up with the steering wheel off or something. This one, I eyeballed the passenger side tire with the steering wheel being held by the seatbelt of the car, and then used this to align the driver's side. Honestly, it's been 2K miles and the car is driving fine. I've literally paid for car alignments that drove worse than this. Other than a performance car, I'll probably keep doing this.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLNja_9Rxdk

I think he spun that yarn from his beard! :D
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:14 am

That’s a pretty good setup for something that has a slightly wider track width in the rear. But with the neons being so close, it’s a little difficult to do since there’s not much of a gap on the front.

The yarn and beard though is pretty impressive lol.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:17 pm

I mostly linked it because of how close that yarn matched his beard. :lol:

I couldn't help but think that....
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:17 am

Well our suburban has been down for a month or so. I’m going to need to swap a new motor into it, unless I just sell it. We’re getting 5-8” of snow on Wednesday evening. So yesterday I went out and bought a set of used snow tires. Brand new, never used, just mounted once. They’re a little small, 175/65/14, but they’ll get me through the winter for sure.

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:54 am

We rarely get much snow here. There have been a couple of years where we got a lot of snow, but they're incredibly rare. I'm hoping the OEM tires on my AWD Journey are up to the task if it does snow this year.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:14 pm

We've been lucky here in WNY for lack of normal big snowfalls SO FAR.... BUT our son's Journey is currently at the "car hospital" with a blown trannie. We knew it had a trans problem before getting it, that codes pointed to just the solenoid pack and had run perfectly for 2k miles once on the road(mostly short runs). The friend of mine who we bought it thru is going to work with us on repair costs as he felt that his work and time spent on it before getting it to us bears some responsibility to it. Am I upset about the situation....NO WAY. Looks like we won't need to worry about putting "snow tires" on it right away, as it will be sometime after the New Year before getting it back..... STIL love the DJ anyway(I've had similar happenings on 2 past minivans for same trouble)
IF not on again before the big holiday ... MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:25 pm

Jeremy - AWD with all seasons is worlds ahead of a FWD with all seasons, I’m sure it’ll do great!

Rebel - sorry to hear about your journey’s woes, but that’s how the cycle or chrysler ownership is sometimes.

Btw I mounted and balanced the tires myself, I bought a cheap harbor freight mounting tool over the summer snd it’s been working pretty well. There’s 2 pics and a short video of me installing the “balancing beads” lol. I did some research and found out I can use regular BBs to balance the wheels. It does sound funny when you come to a stop though lol. Don’t judge the garage too hard, I’ve been busy and have projects and stuff piling up in there.

https://imgur.com/a/m2onBm2

Return to “Off-Topic”