$29,000 Challenger: Guy got his car!

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
User avatar
hansken_yo
2GN Veteran
Posts: 5148
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Washington

Post by hansken_yo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:27 pm

i have to admit I'm addicted to following this thread :huh:
Image
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

r/tguy02
2GN Member
Posts: 3644
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:42 pm
Location: carlisle, pa.

Post by r/tguy02 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:30 pm

lol @ the phone call
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

User avatar
sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor
Posts: 9491
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:35 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by sidepipe87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Haganracing wrote: B.: This dealership fucked up, they should honor it. This would get them some good publicity for owning up to the auction and I bet they would get a few customers from honoring their mistake.
That's what I said. Too bad they're dumbasses.

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:58 pm
Location: NIN

Post by FAC3L3SS » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Yup. Negative publicity is still publicity to them, regardless of the fact that it'll bring in less customers once it blows over.
el. oh. el.

User avatar
INVUJerry
2GN Veteran
Posts: 6535
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: Hanover, PA
Contact:

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:34 pm

Hopefully the buyer contacted eBay right after the auction to secure this in writing.
Image
So many neons so little time.

User avatar
bone-yard-racing
2GN Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: York PA
Contact:

Post by bone-yard-racing » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:43 pm

Haganracing wrote:I called the dealership's sales department "Hello Glenn E. Thomas Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep...." that's when I cut the guy off and replied "Just give Mr Hitman his challenger he won fair and square" Hung up after that, didn't care what the guy had to say.. Just wanted to tell them my opinion.

I fucking hate dealerships, I understand the concept of making money but

A: dealerships around me screw you left and right, sometimes they will give you a new asshole if you're not car smart.

B.: This dealership fucked up, they should honor it. This would get them some good publicity for owning up to the auction and I bet they would get a few customers from honoring their mistake.

If you want to leave a message, or call.. Info below!

Website: http://www.getdodge.com/index.htm

Phone Number: (888) 433-9310

Yeah lets all call and fuck around a salesman who gets shit from every angle and more than likely has nothing to do with this. If you have to be an ass at least ask for the internet manager/coordinator or sales manager.

As far as honoring their contract I have a stack of signed buyers orders in my desk for people who have never come to take delivery or pay for their car as well as people who sign FTC (the warranty sheet beside the window sticker on used cars) stating "AS IS No Warranty" who come back demanding we fix problems with the cars.

Oh I forgot the only time a contract should be honored is when it benefits you or you can look like a victim. Everybody knows what these cars cost any prudent person would assume there is an issue and at least make a phone call.
Image

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:58 pm
Location: NIN

Post by FAC3L3SS » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:48 pm

^^ Very valid. The battle is between him and the dealership / manager who is stopping him from getting it, and the winner of the auction.
el. oh. el.

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4086
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:04 am

bone-yard-racing wrote:
Haganracing wrote:I called the dealership's sales department "Hello Glenn E. Thomas Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep...." that's when I cut the guy off and replied "Just give Mr Hitman his challenger he won fair and square" Hung up after that, didn't care what the guy had to say.. Just wanted to tell them my opinion.

I fucking hate dealerships, I understand the concept of making money but

A: dealerships around me screw you left and right, sometimes they will give you a new asshole if you're not car smart.

B.: This dealership fucked up, they should honor it. This would get them some good publicity for owning up to the auction and I bet they would get a few customers from honoring their mistake.

If you want to leave a message, or call.. Info below!

Website: http://www.getdodge.com/index.htm

Phone Number: (888) 433-9310

Yeah lets all call and fuck around a salesman who gets shit from every angle and more than likely has nothing to do with this. If you have to be an ass at least ask for the internet manager/coordinator or sales manager.

As far as honoring their contract I have a stack of signed buyers orders in my desk for people who have never come to take delivery or pay for their car as well as people who sign FTC (the warranty sheet beside the window sticker on used cars) stating "AS IS No Warranty" who come back demanding we fix problems with the cars.

Oh I forgot the only time a contract should be honored is when it benefits you or you can look like a victim. Everybody knows what these cars cost any prudent person would assume there is an issue and at least make a phone call.
Dude, chill.. Don't get you're panties in a bunch. I simply called, stated my opinion and didn't give the guy that hard of a time, the way you sound makes it seem like I stabbed the guy. If he really took my opinion that bad, I guess he should find a different job that doesn't deal with people who have opinions. Besides, reading the thread others have called the dealership too.

I'm just trying to help out a car enthusiast over a dealership that is trying to bend him over worse than dealerships already do..
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Ntyvirus1
2009 Silver Contributor
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:30 pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Post by Ntyvirus1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:26 am

actually you calling may indeed hurt the guy trying to get the car. In the scenario where it was the guy who bought the genesis, he had to have people stop calling the dealership since they were talking about pursuing legal action.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000038

Image
hul kogan wrote: And from thy shadows he comes to rippeth thine buttholes. :lol
MoxHair wrote:You should never throw parts at a car.. You'll dent the exterior.

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4086
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:41 am

Ntyvirus1 wrote:actually you calling may indeed hurt the guy trying to get the car. In the scenario where it was the guy who bought the genesis, he had to have people stop calling the dealership since they were talking about pursuing legal action.
Yeah, I can see where it could be "harassment" when a lot of people call but at the same time, they fucked up and won't honor it. Oh well, the dealership will most likely get a loophole to save their ass and the guy gets fucked over..

I'm sorry, I just don't trust dealerships.. They fucked me over 600 bucks on a camshaft sensor 3 years ago. I had it go out on me, they towed it and said it was 600 bucks to change it.. (parts and labor.. This was before I knew a lot about cars)

Well when my car stopped working last month, CEL said i needed a new camshaft sensor (Didn't know the cam broke in my head yet).. So I bought one for like 30-40 bucks, and installed it within 25mins in the snow. Never again will I deal with dealerships. They make so much bank off of screwing people over, I just don't see why they can't take a "loss" on this challenger.
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

neonpla
2GN Member
Posts: 2571
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:27 am
Location: Killeen, TX

Post by neonpla » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:57 am

fuck stealerships...


someone hack that site.. ill pay for to see that shit
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4086
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:28 am

neonpla wrote:fuck stealerships...
QFMFT!!!
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

User avatar
bone-yard-racing
2GN Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: York PA
Contact:

Post by bone-yard-racing » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Allow me to pose an example:

My commission sheet from the last pay period reads as:

06 Ford Taurus: ($1875) COMIS: $95
04 Nissan Titan: $145 COMIS: $95
02 Chrysler T&C ($196) COMIS: $95
02 Chrysler PT $201 COMIS: $95
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee $5817 COMIS $1394

Ignoring the last one does it look like dealerships make all that much in the sales department? Oh and there is less money in new cars.

As Ive said a million times the dealership is not an evil and the salesman is not a crook, imagine for a moment if on a daily basis everyone you spoke to in a 12 hour period thought you were going to hurt them and put up every defense they have it fucking sucks
Image

User avatar
Pocahontas
2GN Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:21 pm
Location: Maryland

Post by Pocahontas » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:22 am

I understand everyone has a stake in selling the car fairly, but if you're going to set a car on Ebay for sale and not set a reserve price... it's your bad.

The contract is plain and simple. Give the man his car.
Image

_________________________________
Janet(te)--
1999 Plymouth Neon ATX
1987 BMW 325i MTX

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:38 am

bone-yard-racing wrote: imagine for a moment if on a daily basis everyone you spoke to in a 12 hour period thought you were going to hurt them and put up every defense they have it fucking sucks
Same thing cops deal with...

suave23
2GN Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:46 pm
Location: Wellston, OH

Post by suave23 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:58 am

bone-yard-racing wrote:Oh I forgot the only time a contract should be honored is when it benefits you or you can look like a victim. Everybody knows what these cars cost any prudent person would assume there is an issue and at least make a phone call.
Bullshit. Most normal people would be pumped about snagging a brand new car for nearly $20k under what it's worth, not thinking "Gee whiz, I better call and offer them more".


I'll try to relate this to you. You see a mint condition, super low milage Omni GLHS on eBay that nobody else notices. There's no reserve on it and you win the bid at $1200. Are you telling me you're going to pick up the phone and tell them that you're not paying enough for it? No, you'll hook up your trailer with cash in your pocket and head out.
2001 Z06 - VRX3 cam, longtubes, B&B exhaust, RPM trans, CCW Classics, etc etc etc
Image
1997 Civic DX hatch - 2006 BMW 330xi - 1997 Jeep Wrangler

User avatar
rOniN
2GN Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:21 am
Location: Honolulu, HI

Post by rOniN » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:17 am

bone-yard-racing wrote: As Ive said a million times the dealership is not an evil and the salesman is not a crook, imagine for a moment if on a daily basis everyone you spoke to in a 12 hour period thought you were going to hurt them and put up every defense they have it fucking sucks

Try being a recruiter...I've been places like Notre Dame where they look at you like you are the scum of the earth for wearing a uniform and they will go out of their way to either tell you that you are horrible or will make every effort to avoid you at all costs. I've even had people there brush me off after I said good morning to them and just look the other way. I think it is just their way of saying thank you for my service and protecting their right to act that way.

I really don't know why people think salesmen are evil or why a recruiter or cop is evil, other than the fact that everyone has heard of the "shitbag" that makes us all look bad.
Image
-Chad
2009 Dodge Viper VOI #66
2010 Dodge Ram Power Wagon - Sold
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - Sold
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 -Sold
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Sold
1998 Dodge Neon R/T

DoubtedNeon
2GN Member
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:28 pm
Location: Larsen, Wisconsin, 54947

Post by DoubtedNeon » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:38 am

thats exactly it, u can see cartoons of used car dealers, they look like scum, people respond to media, and what others say, because of this you have to deal with these people in your line of work, just the way it is i spose.
Image
Swordfish2Cowboy wrote:They left a pry bar? Well get the prints like they do on CSI, and track those fuckers down. Then cap them.
grindpunk16 wrote: You and about 2 dozen other folks want that cover. It came with the car, and it's all mine.. :twisted: :bootyshake: \:D/

User avatar
bone-yard-racing
2GN Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: York PA
Contact:

Post by bone-yard-racing » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:39 pm

suave23 wrote:
bone-yard-racing wrote:Oh I forgot the only time a contract should be honored is when it benefits you or you can look like a victim. Everybody knows what these cars cost any prudent person would assume there is an issue and at least make a phone call.
Bullshit. Most normal people would be pumped about snagging a brand new car for nearly $20k under what it's worth, not thinking "Gee whiz, I better call and offer them more".


I'll try to relate this to you. You see a mint condition, super low milage Omni GLHS on eBay that nobody else notices. There's no reserve on it and you win the bid at $1200. Are you telling me you're going to pick up the phone and tell them that you're not paying enough for it? No, you'll hook up your trailer with cash in your pocket and head out.
I see your point however there is no set price on classic cars the market dictates completely, Im willing to pay big bucks for a GLHS most people arent. Here we are looking at a new car that has a sticker and the market has been dictating well over sticker for some time. If Im going to buy a car online a phone call will be involved and I will if the price is super low ask:
"And you're pretty set on that $1200"
Of course they will say yep it has to be $1200 or you will get "$1200? we have it up for $12000"

In that case being honest might get you that car for $6000 (Car dealers love the phrase split the difference)
Image

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:58 pm
Location: NIN

Post by FAC3L3SS » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:20 pm

rOniN wrote:
bone-yard-racing wrote: As Ive said a million times the dealership is not an evil and the salesman is not a crook, imagine for a moment if on a daily basis everyone you spoke to in a 12 hour period thought you were going to hurt them and put up every defense they have it fucking sucks

Try being a recruiter...I've been places like Notre Dame where they look at you like you are the scum of the earth for wearing a uniform and they will go out of their way to either tell you that you are horrible or will make every effort to avoid you at all costs. I've even had people there brush me off after I said good morning to them and just look the other way. I think it is just their way of saying thank you for my service and protecting their right to act that way.

I really don't know why people think salesmen are evil or why a recruiter or cop is evil, other than the fact that everyone has heard of the "shitbag" that makes us all look bad.
OMFG I feel so bad for you. Notre Dame is the pits.
el. oh. el.

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4086
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:58 pm

The guy got his Challenger for $29,100!!
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

User avatar
bone-yard-racing
2GN Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: York PA
Contact:

Post by bone-yard-racing » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:12 pm

And somebody lost their job congrats!
Image

User avatar
hansken_yo
2GN Veteran
Posts: 5148
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Washington

Post by hansken_yo » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:49 pm

bone-yard-racing wrote:And somebody lost their job congrats!
I doubt the owner's son lost his job.
Image
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

User avatar
doyle09
2GN Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:52 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by doyle09 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:50 pm

did someone lose there job over this?
Image

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000084

User avatar
LowNSlow
Moderator
Posts: 5016
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Houston TX
Contact:

Post by LowNSlow » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:51 pm

bone-yard-racing wrote:And somebody lost their job congrats!
Sucks for him... I'm pretty sure most people who makes a mistake that cost their company that much money would lose their job too.

Better luck next time... be more careful.

Attention to detail ftw...
-John


Image

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4086
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Didn't think anyone would be butthurt over a guy losing his job because he made a costly mistake...

:rofl:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor
Posts: 4829
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:09 pm
Location: Uniontown, Pennsylvania

Post by heydockyle » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Haganracing wrote:Didn't think anyone would be butthurt over a guy losing his job because he made a costly mistake...

:rofl:
x2.


And do the contract only being offered when it's in the customers way. Are you saying the dealership doesn't want to only offer it when it's in favor?

Of course everyone doesn't want to get fucked. I don't wake up saying dam I hope I have to fix 10 things for free today. I'm like dam I hope no cars need fixed. You want the contract to work in your favor. No matter who or what you are. I've had quite a few dealerships not want to honor their work or honor what ever.

To me a contract is a contract, you fuck up it's your ass, your fault. I fuck up it's my ass, my fault.
Image
05 OB SRT-4 - AGP Stg 3 Delta 44 Turbo w/ Supporting mods
98 Platinum Coupe - 2.4 Swap
98 Flame Red Sedan - DD Slow
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

User avatar
LowNSlow
Moderator
Posts: 5016
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Houston TX
Contact:

Post by LowNSlow » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:44 pm

People now days are not about owning up to their mistakes. It seems more and more, you see folks putting the blame on others.

For example, someone changes lanes and doesn't see you.. you tap the horn to let them know you're there. You get the finger...

You know it's happened to you before :P
-John


Image

User avatar
sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor
Posts: 9491
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:35 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by sidepipe87 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:10 pm

SOOOO happy that they did the right thing here!


BYR: You're a car salesman, if you don't want to be feared/hated find a new profession. As long as there are scumbags out there that will take advantage of a customer, there is going to be negative feelings towards salespeople. If you fuck up, your ass is on the line. Just like any other job... If you're better than the others, congratulations buddy this is for you! :thumbup:

Image

User avatar
bone-yard-racing
2GN Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: York PA
Contact:

Post by bone-yard-racing » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:39 pm

Im no better than anybody. The car business is about the only business in the world where the consumer honestly believes the seller shouldnt make a profit. Do you know how often Im asked "Whats the invoice, Why dont you sell the car at invoice" "I want the car for what you have in it" "So we're looking at 34,976 plus tax and tag" "Ill do $29000 out the door"

All the power in the world to this guy getting his car congrats but there was no need to drag this dealership through the mud.

Let me ask you if you went to buy a car and put $500 down and lets say that the sales manager misinterpreted the salesman's $ as a 5 giving you a write up with $5500 down would you tell anybody? I wouldnt have I always thought dealerships were money hungry beasts however in all honesty they run on the slimiest profit margins in the retail world

Again the moral of the story go to your salesman with honesty, dont be a dickhead, and, dont beat him up on price because that "great deal" you're going to tell all your friends about just took his house payment
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”