For everyone who loves to hate cops

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

For everyone who loves to hate cops

Post by FAC3L3SS » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:37 am

I got my license in the summer of 2006. August, to be exact. Before I graduated high school in June of 2008, I had acquired 11 moving violations and several non-moving citations in some 4 states.

The last one I got was in March of 2008, and I promptly paid it to avoid paperwork / parents seeing. Not knowing, I didn't take the driver's education course (would have been like my 8th time anyhow), and they suspended my license in June of 2008, and I didn't know. I had NO license up until June of 2009 since I was trying to change my address and they casually told me it was suspended.

I got it all squared away and then waited until a few weeks ago to change it when I turned 21 anyway.

Ok, on to the point of this thread:

Around a month or two before getting rid of the Neon, I got pulled over in the city near Chelsea's @ ~1a. I turned left at a light and got popped. For not signaling. I knew it was minute because I don't speed anymore, and he approached me, I said "good evening sir," and other respectful phrases. He took my info and came back a few minutes later and said I need to signal, even if it's the middle of the night and there isn't anyone around.

TONIGHT....I FLOATED through an "orange" light. Now, I saw that it was yellow and that each side of the intersection was packed, but I hesitated a bit too much and opted out of braking. As SOON as I got through the intersection, a car pulled out behind me and I saw the red & blue. Now, he was probably a 1/4 mile behind me, but I knew it was for me and sure as shit stinks he pulled up behind me where I already sat w/ my license, registration, and proof of insurance. He came up with his giant flashlight, and we both had huge grins on our faces. He didn't ask how I was doing, etc... just chuckled and said "I hope you know why I stopped you" and I picked up on his laugh and said "Yes sir I do. That light was not meant for me." He then told me to sit tight while he took my stuff. He came back after 10 minutes or so w/ just my stuff and said that when I signed for my license I agreed to obey laws. He respects people who can obey the law, regardless of what they drive or if they are active drivers or just commuters. He said he'd hate to see me lose a car that I'm obviously interested in, and concluded by saying that regardless of whether my brakes were hot or I was just lazy (which I admitted to, and we sorta chuckled about) I needed to stop and pay attention. It was extremely laid back and a comfortable conversation. Surprisingly, I didn't even get nervous when I got pulled over. I can tell he was genuinely concerned about being a proper driver, not just meeting a "quota."

He didn't stare at the car hard, or act weird or funny. He was all business, but extremely calm and easy going about it. I sat there with no cat, smelling of gas / oil (that's what the car smells like), no 3rd brake light OR a passenger brake light, ricer blue HIDs in stock housing headlights, and a pretty damn loud exhaust I know he heard, but he didn't say shit about it. Also, riding on 13" steelies I was sitting STUPID low to the ground. Again, he didn't care.

The point I'm making here is be a regular person to the police, whether you were right or wrong, because it's their job. On their days off, they don't roll up on you @ McDeez and get shitty toward you, yanno? It's their job to "protect and serve."

Also, back in the day I argued, got short and pissy, always had my windows barely cracked, hat backwards, car full of people who were assholes and couldn't keep their mouths shut. Now I keep everything out in visible sight, talk politely, accept what I did wrong or didn't, and treat them normally. Ninety-five percent of police officers AREN'T the dickheads everyone acts like they are.

Next time someone posts up about what sort of dick a cop was and how they are fighting their ticket that says 24 over when they KNOW they were only going 19 over, stop and think about how you talked to them, how you accepted your ticket, and what the cop saw / thought when you were HAULING through that speed zone.

/thread. Start flaming, bitching, posting your "I'm with li'l Dick" signs, etc... Repeated post or not, this shit isn't said enough because everytime someone acknowledges society operating as it should, there are 5 people bitching about how they are targeted and police hate them.
Last edited by FAC3L3SS on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
el. oh. el.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:39 am

Cliffnotes? too long to read adam

<3 no homo
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

gtxtreme19
2010 Silver Contributor

Post by gtxtreme19 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:58 am

got Pulled over
Was polite
Cop was cool
Dont be a douche and sometimes cops are cool
Said cop was prolly gay or bribed with a handjob
-Mike
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Skitlz wrote:Gramps, get a GPS.
Gramps Prefers Streetmaps. :D

theTeejmiester
2GN Member

Post by theTeejmiester » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:39 am

:laughing3: yup, some cops are cool as hell, others are dicks, either way act with respect and maybe it will end in your favor
Ziptie's come in handy when a prostitute gets mouthy or reluctant
*eye twitches*
I like people who BUY a 10 sec car and then brag about it. Thats like hiring someone to bang your wife and then bragging about the kid

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:44 am

Yeah, just respect them and they will respect you.

They are just doing their job.
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:11 am

I ran a red light once back in the late 80's and immediately saw the red and blues. I had my license and registration in hand when the officer approached my car. Before she even said anything, I told her that I knew that I had run a red light. I don't remember her even taking my ID out of my hand, she just told me to be more careful in the future. I think that she let me go due to my being polite and not contesting what she saw me do. It certainly wasn't because of my looks. :rofl:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:28 am

I got pulled over 3 times in the last 7 days, but my concealed handgun license got me out of the tickets...usually lets 'em know you're not the average joe.
dank(r/t) wrote:you tell 'em altezza light, black headlight cover guy!
you know what's up, it's obvious.
TheRandom1 wrote:Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:52 am

I'll pay attention to this when I'm sober. In the meantime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiX7GTelTPM

Just sayin...
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:09 am

Ladies and Gentleman... Mr Conway Twitty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og1QRtcWdEY

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:43 am

I'm all for supporting cops and their jobs...

I hate how some are just douche bags and ruin the image for others =/

We meet at Sonic every weekend for the local cars... we always buy food/drinks and we know the people who work there. It's okay to meet there according to them.

Well tonight 3 cops pull in wearing gloves and all flexed up trying to look like bad asses and said "if you're not buying anything, you have to leave"

We all grab our drinks and food and head to the tables to sit down so we can enjoy our sonic stuff then...we are paying customers we can sit and eat.

The cops just stood there like 10ft away from us and stared at us for 10minutes....

Eventually one walked up and said when you are done with your drinks and food, you need to leave.

They started walking around looking at cars and at that point I said fuck it and just left... before they try and find something to ticket me for.

This situation IMO was harassment...and makes me fkn hate the asshole cops like this.

I definitely don't look at all cops like these three though...but some folks do just because of a few bad apples.

/rant /soap box
-John

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:49 am

Yeah, its a shame that a few douchebag cops ruin the image for the majority of the cops just doing their job.

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:36 am

Adionik wrote:I got pulled over 3 times in the last 7 days, but my concealed handgun license got me out of the tickets...usually lets 'em know you're not the average joe.
Oh, hey. Nice to join us already in progress. We thought you had died.

Adam, it's nice to get a pleasant surprise with the coppers once in a while, huh? I was in my buddy's wedding last month and I took one of my close female friends with me as my date. Obviously we got shitfaced at the reception and we stayed the night there at the hotel.

The next day was her birthday and everyone was lined up to see her that day so we had to get back early. So we got our asses up wayy early and head out. I felt like total shit and I'm pretty sure I was still drunk. I grabbed a complementary apple and we were on the road.

Now the hotel was up in a shopping plaza thing so there was a main road leading into this place, but it wasn't a highway or anything. Just like parking lot type roads. Well I needed to go left to go back down to the highway but the road was divided. So right up the road was a traffic light with a left turn lane where I pulled up and noticed the big red circle with a line over a U-turn... Interesting. I'm about to make a U turn here. I told Alex, "look, my luck a cop will come out of nowhere and pull me over".

I chomp on the apple, the light turns green and I go for it. Fuck, the road is too narrow so I had to back up to swing it again so I can make the tight turn and I'm off. I immediately hear the distinct tone of a motorcycle exhaust and look in the rear view and see Johnny Law rollin at like 15 mph next to me. I said, "fuck! I'm busted, he's pulling me over". "No, you're fine, he's over there just rolling along" she said. "trust me. he's just waiting for me to pass him". Fuck, I have to speed up this looks shady, so I do. As soon as I get right past his bike I hear the siren real quick and the lights and I immediately pull off the road, shut the car off, put the hazards on and attempt to start getting my paperwork.

Flustered and hungover I put the apple down and he walks up to the car. "Good morning". "Good morning, officer". "license and registration please" I handed him my license which I already had out and I hand him the insurance without thinking and he says, "no, registration please". "Oh, I'm sorry officer --shuffling through papers-- here you go". He looks at my inspection and emissions stickers on the windshield to make sure they are current and walks away.

I'm sitting in a panic because I had the SRT rear section on and my exhaust was WAYYY too loud, I have stickers "obscuring" my view in the rear window, and this was a PA State Trooper, not just a local boy.. He walks back to the car and asks me if I know why you can't make a U turn there. I laughed and said, "yeah, I noticed there's not enough room to swing it". He said, "if you go up the road another light there's a place to turn around" pwnt. He hands me my paperwork back and starts to give me the ticket and says, "This is a $120 fine. I'm not ticketing you, this is just a witten warning. Be more attentive when you're driving". "Thank you officer, I really appreciate that. Have a good day" "be safe.."

I didn't wanna start the car back up immediately while he's still behind me but he was waiting for me to pull out so I had to and slowly pulled up and got on the on ramp to the highway. There was a construction zone so I was going super slow. When there was room to pass I think he got tired of me being "super observant" of the laws and went out and passed me. I saw him riding a car for a while then hit the lights. I was relieved to be in the clear! Unfortunately for those people though, they probably DID have to meet the quota :lol:

Being polite and getting off with a warning ftw!
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:51 am

^ Exactly dude. I did one small violation, and suddenly everything wrong / illegal with the car comes to mind and I panic. I was extremely cautious pulling away as well because my shit is stupid loud and I didn't wanna be stopped again like "now that we're here...."
el. oh. el.

Passt
2GN Member

Post by Passt » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:04 am

<3

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:08 am

Would your opinion be different if had given you the ticket, Adam?

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:11 am

i'm polite but as soon as i sense sarcasim or "holier-than-thou" attitude i just match it. (I don't escalate just match) i do the same with autozone, McDees, any other person i have to talk to, i'm kinda an asshole to deal with. However i would not suggest doing this as i have gotten a ticket every time i get pulled over, but when i get pulled over i know i have broken the law and deal with it.

long story short i'm with you, i hate when people bitch about getting ticket and always wanting us to be a shoulder to cry on. i hope they understand now...get over it, i don't give two shits about their tickets.
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

Ntyvirus1
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Ntyvirus1 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:16 am

the only 2 tickets ive gotten ive had d-bag cops, 1 of which was super badass lady cop who didnt even acknowledge me saying "goodmorning", now thats just rude.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000038

hul kogan wrote: And from thy shadows he comes to rippeth thine buttholes. :lol
MoxHair wrote:You should never throw parts at a car.. You'll dent the exterior.

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:22 am

neonslg09 wrote:Would your opinion be different if had given you the ticket, Adam?
No sir. The last actual ticket I got went the same way as this, except I got the citation of course. When he walked away, I was fully expecting him to come back with at LEAST one ticket...I was assuming he was gonna pop me for all that was illegal (that IS his job, of course). I was ready to get the ticket, be polite, and roll out.

I guess I've also expected to get the tickets everytime (since I know I broke the law like Zach said) so when I don't get one I get even moar giggly.
Last edited by FAC3L3SS on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
el. oh. el.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:22 am

I'm a firm believer in if you broke the law you pay the fine and shut the fuck up.

I've had my share with run ins with the police, I treat them as if they are an upset customer. Kill them with kindness. A lot of times they've dealt with a bunch of douche bag idiots right before they got to you. Sign your damn ticket and continue with your life.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:28 am

got my license in the summer of 2006. August, to be exact. Before I graduated high school in June of 2008, I had acquired 11 moving violations and several non-moving citations in some 4 states.
Impressive.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:30 am

I know it was. Nothing like driving BACK into Michigan, Illinois, or Ohio for a 3 hour driving course...when it's over 2 hours to get there.
el. oh. el.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:52 am

MoxHair wrote:I'm a firm believer in if you broke the law you pay the fine and shut the fuck up.

I've had my share with run ins with the police, I treat them as if they are an upset customer. Kill them with kindness. A lot of times they've dealt with a bunch of douche bag idiots right before they got to you. Sign your damn ticket and continue with your life.
Just be careful how you do this... sometimes they can get the feeling that you're "talking down" to them. Then they get even more pissy.

Adam, sounds like you got lucky, but your approach is correct. I'm the same way, really. Hell, if I know I was just caught doing something wrong and a cop flips around or pulls out and turns his lights on, I just pull over. Even before he gets right behind me sometimes. Pretending nothing happened just makes him less likely to let you off, IMHO.

Definitely a good thread. Refreshing to FINALLY see one that isn't bashing cops for doing their jobs.
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:54 am

Yep. Like I said, I talk to them usually fully expecting to get the citation they stopped me for, and then some.

Rofl. I COULD kill them with kindness...

"Who's a good cop?! You are! You're the best! Bjuywahbahwahwahwah (baby dribble)..."
el. oh. el.

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:47 pm

MoxHair wrote:I'm a firm believer in if you broke the law you pay the fine and shut the fuck up.

This

remember people are cool and people are dicks whether there a cop or not. Its not the police being assholes its the person that happens to be a cop. If your polite to them and do what your told and don't flip or be an asshole they 99 percent of the time treat you fine. There not out "to get you" there out to make sure when people break the law and endanger other people they stop. You and give you a ticket. When i break the law i am fully aware that i could be fined or get points and do not ever blame a cop for stopping me its there fucking job!
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

DOSneons
2GN Member

Post by DOSneons » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:56 pm

:thumbup:

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:25 pm

I've only been pulled over a few times and every time I deserved it.

If I got a warning, I thanked them for the warning. If I got a ticket, I thanked them as well. The last time I went to court and got the points taken away. The judge always asks how you (the driver) reacted and if you are nice the officer will say you were polite and courteous.

If you break the law, accept the penalty.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Thank you Frank. Another point I was trying to make...so many people bitch when you got pulled over for something illegal. You complain about how you're treated even though you'll talk about how rude you were and how he got you for going 20mph then questioned other stuff...What do you expect? He's looking out for other people's safety.
el. oh. el.

theTeejmiester
2GN Member

Post by theTeejmiester » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:10 pm

i just expect to get pulled over every time i see a cop, but the last few years i don't get pulled over much, i just drive careful and they leave me alone around here, which is nice because my exhaust is illegal, my headlights are illegal, and i could go on.
Ziptie's come in handy when a prostitute gets mouthy or reluctant
*eye twitches*
I like people who BUY a 10 sec car and then brag about it. Thats like hiring someone to bang your wife and then bragging about the kid

Passt
2GN Member

Post by Passt » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:08 pm

It's nice to see that some people get it. If you've met me, you know I'm a fairly jovial person who jokes a lot. I'm the same way when effecting a traffic stop. You'd be amazed at how many people flip out on me for doing my job lol. Those people talk their way into a citation.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:09 pm

I don't believe that, Nate. I've always found you to be a total dickhead to everybody on this forum.

Or perhaps I'm making all that up because you're a cop, not quite sure. :rofl:

Return to “Off-Topic”