Lost of the SXT

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Lost of the SXT

Post by TheRandom1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 pm

:rofl:

Well, I decided after all of my dramatics with my loan 2 months ago... I just don't want the car anymore. I posted it up on Craigslist for 5K and have a couple coming to look at it tonight. Wish me luck!

Oh... if the car sells, I'm even more likely keeping my date with 2gn at Carlisle so no worries there. I just want an SUV of some sort. Or perhaps some larger and v8 powered car. Or a Camaro or something. Either way, I'll keep you guys informed.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4089
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:05 pm

5k??? Ok...
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

User avatar
sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor
Posts: 9494
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:35 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by sidepipe87 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:08 pm

That is a super high price, but good luck. How are you going to afford something bigger and V8 powered when you say you can't afford the neon as it is??
PM me for your 03+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4089
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:11 pm

I will give you 3.50 for it..
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Chris, bluebook is 4800 private party in fair shape, so not so high at all.

Ryan, I got a loan from Josh to pay off my finance company and am now paying him off. I owe him another 500 and that's done. I'm not selling because I can't afford it, but because I don't want it anymore. Once I'm done with 500 dollar a month car payments my budget frees up quite a bit and with only really driving 20 miles a day, gas mileage isn't much of a concern.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4089
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:04 am

Still a neon
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:16 am

Yup, its an 04 with under 75k on it and Chicagoland is expensive... its not overpriced.

Hell an SE just sold for 4800 on ebay last week.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
LowNSlow
Moderator
Posts: 5016
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Houston TX
Contact:

Post by LowNSlow » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:20 am

Crazy, I guess in Chicago, I could get like 11k for my SRT-4.
-John


Image

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:45 am

Probably.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4089
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:55 am

Niceeee, remind me to sell overpriced shit in Chicagoland :lol:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:10 am

Will do.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
dblsg
2GN Veteran
Posts: 10719
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:20 am
Location: Aurora, IL
Contact:

Post by dblsg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:13 pm

Haganracing wrote:Niceeee, remind me to sell overpriced shit in Chicagoland :lol:
:rofl:

but why not keep it and enjoy the NO PAYMENTS for a few more months?

let me know if you got any parts that you'll be selling??? well, only if they arent chicago prices! :lol:


and i ROFL'd at the title!!!!!
Image Sam-I-Am
Image
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:39 pm

I was hoping people would like the title, haha.

The cars I'm looking at will all be purchased with the money I'll sell the car for so I still won't have a payment. Actually, selling the car will pay off the little bit left in my loan to Josh plus buy me another car... I'm only looking to spend about 3K on something else after all.

As far as parts, I'm leaving the car alone unless you want the tinted taillights in a swap for stockers.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4089
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:48 pm

I enjoy not having a car payment.. Haven't had a car payment in over a year for the neon.. But I do spend money into it.. by choice.... half the time...........



:lol:



Goodluck with the selling of your sxt and hopefully you get it sold for the price you want. Really can't wait to chill with you finally at carlisle!
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Yup, you get to be the first person to sit on my lap there!

Er... wait...
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4089
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Only after Dante gives you the reach around :lol:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

User avatar
MoxHair
2GN Member
Posts: 3801
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:41 pm
Location: Atwater, CA; Orlando, FL
Contact:

Post by MoxHair » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Haganracing wrote:Still a neon
This :rofl:
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Haganracing wrote:Only after Dante gives you the reach around :lol:
During?
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4089
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:50 pm

No because then I would be legit cock blocking..


:lol:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Tr00f.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
JeffM
2GN Member
Posts: 3588
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Vermont

Post by JeffM » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Guess you won't be getting those Mesh X's you were drooling over... :lol:
Image

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:09 pm

I could put them on another car.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor
Posts: 8331
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:49 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:54 pm

dblsg wrote:and i ROFL'd at the title!!!!!
:withstupid:
Only people who know the story would get it. :twisted:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Guy is on his way to look at it now wish me luck.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor
Posts: 2248
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:24 am
Location: IL./WI.border

Post by NickKo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:59 pm

TheRandom1 wrote:I was hoping people would like the title, haha.
I noticed. :lol: :thumbup:



- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

User avatar
JeffM
2GN Member
Posts: 3588
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Vermont

Post by JeffM » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:30 pm

well hopefully this works out for you, sean. If it was me, and don't take this the wrong way, considering that you had to have someone else bail out your loan I'd rethink keeping the neon or even making an even trade on something that won't involve a loan. But that's just me and I know your situation is a little different.
Image

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:02 pm

The only reason I needed Josh to bail me out is that I got behind early on in the loan and was lied to about how the payoff would go when I got near the end. The finance company told me they would extend my loan, and then when the time came, they decided not to so I had a few weeks to try and pay off the car. Otherwise it would have been paid off on time no big deal.

Right now I'm making 500 dollar a month payments to Josh to pay him off because that's what I can afford to make. I owe him a little over 600 dollars now (one month and a final little bit) which is already budgeted in and won't cause me any grief.

So as far as the money aspect thanks for the concern guys, but it's not an issue unless the new car breaks down very soon.

A guy came to look at the car a little while ago and made a hard cash offer, but it's a couple hundred lower than I really wanted to go. So I'll think about it tonight and let him know tomorrow. If he buys tomorrow, then on Saturday I'll have a new car, and I'm good with that.

I just need to figure out if I wan to go that low now. With his offer I could pay Josh off, and still have enough left over for the cars I am looking at, so it's not a big deal.

Again, thanks for all the concern and ideas guys, it's appreciated.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4089
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Be happy someone is going to pay that much for a neon.. Not being a dick, just being honest.
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:51 pm

I dropped the price to 4k and the offer from tonight is 3400. I was hoping for at least 3500. I have two people interested in looking at it on Saturday so I will probably see what they offer and go from there.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
Haganracing
2GN Member
Posts: 4089
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Haganracing » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:19 am

Oh ok, thats not bad.. See what you can get man
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”