Its Bound to Happen One Day Soon

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

Its Bound to Happen One Day Soon

Post by Alex Kurdian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Ok Guys
Unfortunately for me this is going to happen one day...My freakin wife busting my balls saying my car is impractical...by that its lowered and the ride sux and its 10.5 years old and parts and things wear and tear and need to be replaced...I'm always spending money on my car...bl;ah blah...

Woman are just vampires that wanna suck the life directly from us men...they basically sick a straw in the ear and suck the life directly out...taking away all our hobby's and interests...she actually says she hates my car for all these reasons...

So its bound to happen one day...she wants me to soon sell my car and buy a small piece of SHIT that's cheaper and has a 5 year warranty blah blah bah...

So when that unfortunate day comes and I am forced to sell it :cussing: I will offer it to you guys if someone wants to job of getting her back to her original home...Someone that will take care of it rather some looser that buys it here and thrashes the shit outa it and kills it...

I keep my car MINT! to this day people swear its brand new ! I cant help its I'm a clean freak I have the pictures to prove it :lol:

So anyways I will leave it to you guys...if someone does just let me know...

:sad6: :sad6: :sad6:
I drove My Neon till it "SOLD" And then bought a Mazda 3 Skyactiv
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:43 pm

First right to refusal dibs right here!

<----------------------------------------

Wait is it LHD or RHD?

Ntyvirus1
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Ntyvirus1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:47 pm

rhd
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000038

hul kogan wrote: And from thy shadows he comes to rippeth thine buttholes. :lol
MoxHair wrote:You should never throw parts at a car.. You'll dent the exterior.

Mopar65
2GN Member

Post by Mopar65 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:53 pm

I would be interested depending on total cost including the shipping :)
TNK wrote:fertilized Hagan's potatoes? is that some slang for "i shit on Hagan's ballsack?"

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:04 pm

If SHE wants to make you give up or stop doing what you love, then SHE is not the right person.

No way would I ever let someone else tell me what I love doing is stupid, dumb, impractical, or that I should stop doing it. If they really love you, they should love that fact that you have something that makes you happy.

I do what I want with the money that I earn. If SHE doesn't like it SHE can take a hike.
Last edited by MoxHair on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:11 pm

and this ^^^ is why I like that Mox sticks around. Voice of reason!

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

Post by Alex Kurdian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:11 pm

MoxHair wrote:If SHE wants to make you give up or stop doing what you love, then SHE is not the right person.

No way would I ever let someone else tell me what I love doing is stupid, dump, impractical, or that I should stop doing it. If they really love you, they should love that fact that you have something that makes you happy.

I do what I want with the money that I earn. If SHE doesn't like it SHE can take a hike.
Thats what happens dude most people are like that...Most women dont have a brain in their heads...why do you think men run everything! (NO OFFENSE TO ANY WOMEN ON HERE)...I earn about 80K a year and I see nothing..its goes to house loans bills etc..etc...forget about that dude...I have a secret account she knows nothing about and a few hundred goes in every month...that keeps me sane! (trust me you guys take note get a secret account :lol: )

I used to have alot ...now I basically have nothing left ....my car was my last stand! my being ...ME! and that will soon be taken away from me...Trust me these things happens to alota guys...She hates it that I'm a car buff...and that I like Death Metal etc..etc...

not much I can do ...
I drove My Neon till it "SOLD" And then bought a Mazda 3 Skyactiv
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Exactly, my wife has stuck by me in the 35+ cars I have owned in the past 6 years. She supports my hobby to the fullest.

Honestly, reading your posts.. you seem really unhappy and it does not sound like a very healthy relationship at all.

You might want to sit down and tell her how you really feel. Communication is the key in a marriage. :thumbup:
-John

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 pm

MoxHair wrote:If SHE wants to make you give up or stop doing what you love, then SHE is not the right person.

No way would I ever let someone else tell me what I love doing is stupid, dump, impractical, or that I should stop doing it. If they really love you, they should love that fact that you have something that makes you happy.

That is why I love my wife so much. She stands behind me with my car addiction. :D
Drove my neon until it was killed in a flood.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Canada wrote:and this ^^^ is why I like that Mox sticks around. Voice of reason!
lol and here comes some more..
Alex Kurdian wrote:I used to have alot ...now I basically have nothing left ....my car was my last stand! my being ...ME! and that will soon be taken away from me...Trust me these things happens to alota guys...She hates it that I'm a car buff...and that I like Death Metal etc..etc...

not much I can do ...
You're not happy and she wants to change who you are. Talk to her. Hold some ground. Tell her you are who you are and if she doesn't like it then she really doesn't love you.

I make a very good wage. I make around or bit more than you, but in Real Money not those wallaby bucks (it's a joke, har har.) My girlfriend lives in my house and drives one of my cars. She has her hobbies and I have mine.

Collecting Make up, working out like a fiend and shopping for clothes aren't stuff I enjoy, but that's what she likes to do so I understand. I'm not going to make her stop doing those things cause that's what makes her who she is. Just as my Autocross, Indie Rock, Buffalo Sabres Hockey and being a Theme Park junkie are what make me who I am.

Hobbies keep us sane and they are how we fill our time. My girlfriend and I turned our relationship around when we started to find hobbies that we both enjoy. I still need to have my space and my time to do what I want to do. It's my life and it's my fucking money.

If she ever told me to get rid of the sports car hobby, or stop with the Indie Rock, or going to Theme Parks is dumb, or watching hockey is boring and I needed to stop, she'd be packing up her shit and on a plane back to Maryland. I'd expect her have the same feelings towards me if I told her to stop doing what she enjoys.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:14 pm

MoxHair wrote: Just as my Autocross, Indie Rock, Buffalo Sabres Hockey and being a Theme Park junkie are what make me who I am.
Aren't you a HUGE germaphobe as well as being agoraphobic?

jonnymopar
Junior Admin

Post by jonnymopar » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:40 pm

100% agree with Mox. Strong communication plus having shared interests AND individual interests are key. My soon-to-be-wife and I have always been that way.

She doesn't go to car shows with me. I don't do gardening with her. She doesn't play in dart tournaments with me. I don't go to Zumba with her. I spend extra money on car parts and craft beers. She spends extra money on mani/pedi/haircuts and photography equipment.

However, we're both guitarists/singers and we actually play out at bars and restaurants together. We're both love retro video games. We both love camping. We've got plenty of common interests to go with our individual interests.

Alex, just to echo what a few people have already said, you might want to sit down and have a conversation about where you two are at. No it's not easy and nobody actually wants to, but it's part of any serious relationship.
Jon J.

2003 Neon SXT - new home, new owner. Thanks for everything, old friend.
1989 Daytona ES - 2.4L/A555 swapped

Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon Until Jerry Buys It" Club Member #11

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:35 am

Move to America with your neon.

Problem solved :lol:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:19 am

I would kill for your car Alex but it really belongs with you there in AU. That is all.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Jenni
2GN Member

Post by Jenni » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:39 am

i have my hobbie and my wife has hers.
if she would tell me to sell the Neon - i would tell her to sell all her shoes, boots and whatever first.
Woman has to respect your hobbie - like you have to respect hers.

Puuuh i am soo lucky that my wife has her freaky hobbies - so we are in a agreement to respect that!

Really - if she would tell me to get rid of my car i would give her a nice laughter.
No, i would not leave her - but i would also not sell the car just for her will.

That is a stupid game played by many woman - they wanna find out how strong they are and try to domineer their men.

If one day comes the ultimatum "me or the car" - it is time to tell her that she crossed the line!
Even if you love her - you don't have to do all her bidding!

Oh the very best situation is this:
In your job you are the boss of 1000 people - they do whatever you tell them, you bring all the money for the house, the cars, your wifes shoes, your kids college and whatever else.
And then you come home and your unemploeyed housewife tries to tell you what you have to do now like you was one of the kids: wash your hands, wear clean trousers, you cannot stay with your friends that late, don't drink beer, don't eat that fat steak, sell that car, buy me some more shoes, do this, do that, do everything i tell you - be my submissive marionette...
Just ridicculous!

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:40 am

Canada wrote:
MoxHair wrote: Just as my Autocross, Indie Rock, Buffalo Sabres Hockey and being a Theme Park junkie are what make me who I am.
Aren't you a HUGE germaphobe as well as being agoraphobic?
I am, but I tend to relax when I'm at DisneyWorld and/or Universal Orlando. It's weird.
2017 Subaru WRX STI

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:34 am

Definitely sit down and talk about it. It will be a bitch of a conversation though.

Assuming you both work, here's something that you may consider as I know it works great for my wife and I. His, hers and ours checking accounts.

"Ours" is the most important as it pays the day to day bills and costs of living.

"His" and "hers" are just this mine or hers. That is my money or her money and I do what I want with mine and she does what she want's with hers. The other has no real say in what that money gets spent on.

If you want to spend your money on the Neon she should have nothing to say about it, just like if she wants to spend her money on stuff you find absurb you don't have a say in it.

I'm assuming that you have been together for a while, due to your age and I think I remember you having a kid or two, so where was this concern before? Everyone changes somewhat for their significant other, it's almost a requirement for coexistance, but one should not try to change the other.

"For better or for worse", if this is your for worse, then I'd say that's a pretty minor problem.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

04 Mo Neon
2GN Member

Post by 04 Mo Neon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:08 am

Jewelry solves many problems. Enough said.

But I will say one more thing. If I were you I would suggest you both discuss what kinda of a car would be good for both of you and then just keep the neon as a weekend car. Maybe its me but I don't see you getting so much money that it would justify selling a good working car that is part of your hobby.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:17 am

04 Mo Neon wrote: I don't see you getting so much money that it would justify selling a good working car that is part of your hobby.
This too. In the end it's a 10 year old vehicle. I'm not sure how it is in AU but in the states a vehicle that old has shit for resale regardless of the make, unless it's a high end luxury car.

For example:

My wife's parents had a 2006 Jeep GC. Nicely equipped, cost about $34k new. It now has 108k on it and they were offered $7500 for trade even though book value is $14k. They were essentially offered wholesale auction for it because of it's mileage.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

Johny
2GN Member

Post by Johny » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Canada wrote:First right to refusal dibs right here!

<----------------------------------------

Wait is it LHD or RHD?
Insurance is RAPE for a RHD up here Chris, something like an extra grand a month I've heard :tardbang:
www.JohnyR.net - Web development

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Coming from a female....

Kick the bitch out. No one, male or female, has a right to change someone in a relationship or attempt to change someone. It's YOUR car, not hers, YOU can do as YOU please with it. If SHE doesn't like it, SHE can get the fuck out.

I'll never understand women who get jealous of cars and men's hobbies but yet want the man to understand everything that they do won't ever change. There's no fairness in it and relationships need to be based on equality.

Any woman who ever tries to play the "you spend more time with your car than me", "your car costs too much money", "you need to get rid of your car" games....needs a reality check.

My advice:
1. Keep the car
2. Ditch the woman
3. Enjoy life
4. While enjoying life find a hot woman who loves your car and you for who you are.
5. Bliss

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:05 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:Coming from a female....

Kick the bitch out. No one, male or female, has a right to change someone in a relationship or attempt to change someone. It's YOUR car, not hers, YOU can do as YOU please with it. If SHE doesn't like it, SHE can get the fuck out.

I'll never understand women who get jealous of cars and men's hobbies but yet want the man to understand everything that they do won't ever change. There's no fairness in it and relationships need to be based on equality.

Any woman who ever tries to play the "you spend more time with your car than me", "your car costs too much money", "you need to get rid of your car" games....needs a reality check.

My advice:
1. Keep the car
2. Ditch the woman
3. Enjoy life
4. While enjoying life find a hot woman who loves your car and you for who you are.
5. Bliss
=D> Bravo!
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

04 Mo Neon
2GN Member

Post by 04 Mo Neon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Damn women are so harsh on other women. I mean I agree but fuck, that was more straight forward than what I was expecting lolz.

Jenni
2GN Member

Post by Jenni » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:29 pm

jupp, sounds like a lack of respect from her side...

try to communicate.
many topics
- respect
- your hobbie / hers?
- zero resell value
- you love it

And something like "you love the car more than me" is just big bullshit and emotional extortion!

I tell every man who makes everything what the wife tells him to pay attention for her purse - cause she has his balls in it!
Last edited by Jenni on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hybrid-Srt2001
2GN Member

Post by hybrid-Srt2001 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:29 pm

r/tguy02 wrote:

My advice:
1. Keep the car
2. Ditch the woman
3. Enjoy life
5. Bliss
=D> Bravo!

LSP for president?
ImageImage
[/quote]Yup it definately needs to go lower. If its not scrapeing constantly why you are driving then its not low enough bro. :lol:[/quote]

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:10 pm

hybrid-Srt2001 wrote:
r/tguy02 wrote:

My advice:
1. Keep the car
2. Ditch the woman
3. Enjoy life
5. Bliss
=D> Bravo!

LSP for president?
Got my vote.
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Paul56
2GN Member

Post by Paul56 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:06 pm

My advice:
1. Keep the car
2. Ditch the woman
3. Enjoy life
5. Bliss

Marry me?

This is my 2nd proposal... if you remember. lolz
2011 Honda Fit Sport

04 Mo Neon
2GN Member

Post by 04 Mo Neon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Paul56 wrote:
Marry me?

This is my 2nd proposal... if you remember. lolz
Maybe we can clone her?

It might be tricky but I bet we can.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:58 pm

hybrid-Srt2001 wrote:LSP for president?
Sorry, she won't beat Mox/Opi in '12
2017 Subaru WRX STI

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:08 pm

MoxHair wrote:
hybrid-Srt2001 wrote:LSP for president?
Sorry, she won't beat Mox/Opi in '12

lsp doesnt have the sex appeal you guys do either
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

Return to “Off-Topic”