Pricing an r-title?

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
mrsixstrings12
2GN Member

Pricing an r-title?

Post by mrsixstrings12 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Its about time for me to move on from my first car but the problem is i cant figure out how to price it. KBB tells me approx $3500 for my car, but mine is an r-title car. I've heard a bunch of things from "cut the blue book price in half" to "it doesnt really matter as long as its all fixed and good" to "r-titles arent worth anything".

Is there an unwritten rule about pricing them or does it really not matter as long as the work has been done correctly?

2003 Neon SE

[DJ]Tomski
2GN Member

Post by [DJ]Tomski » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:40 am

I don't think there is a standard rule on this sort of thing. I sold my Neon with a rebuilt title and priced it a grand or two lower than I would with a clean title because I know most people are scared to buy rebuilt title vehicles. I was honest in my sale ad about what damages were done to the car and found a buyer within a month of posting the car on craigslist.
j0n wrote:I recently discovered that I was modifying a neon and came to my senses...
:rofl:

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:16 pm

The real ones to ask, would be your insurance company, as to what they will pay out for a total loss, again. Most will not pay shit, because in their eyes, the insurance industry has already paid for it once. If you have all the receipts for the stuff that was bought/labor to repair it, you may get a percentage of that amount. But it also varies from company to company. This is another reason why folks that have been through it shy away from R titles. It might be better if the car was insured through a different carrier than the one that paid the original loss. I had Progressive, and they flat out told me they would not pay out on it again. One of the reasons I no longer have them.

It's the same logic, that if someone wants to add me as a driver on their policy, that they have to pay $30 to $40 extra a month, because other assholes don't pay attention, and I have no fault claims on my record. I am still costing them money. The gall I should get my car repaired!
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
epic

2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

Return to “Off-Topic”