Road rage almost turned ugly

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Kelevra
2GN Member

Road rage almost turned ugly

Post by Kelevra » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:39 pm

So, Tonight, as I was headed home from a friends house, some moron in a white dodge grand caravan tailgated and tried to run me off the road and cut me off on the parkway. Called 911 and got his license plate number on record. Think I should pursue charges? The guy scared me shitless when he pushed into my lane before speeding up and cutting in front of me, almost hitting the barrier, stopping dead on the ramp and, blocking traffic for about 5 seconds. He intentionally cut me off at my exit just to be a dick because when I followed him on the phone with a 911 dispatcher he could have gotten off at the next exit, safely, 3 miles down the road. Was hoping for a live stop but it didn't happen as he lost me at a traffic light

What do you guys think? Should I pursue charges on the driver for reckless driving or should I forget about it and thank god he didn't succeed in what he was trying to accomplish?

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:55 pm

I would but purely out of rage and desire for them to be seriously punished.. so, basically, out of my poor management of anger. Then again, if you didn't, they could do it to a less fortunate person, and cause an accident.. maybe even a death. You never know, they could do this kind of thing all of the time because they're sick in the head. They may even have a HORRID driving record and get their license taken for this..
2001 NEON R/T
Project Polish -- INCOMPLETE

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Deffinitely pursue charges if you can. That's all I say. :-)
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:51 am

you live in nj.. they all drive like asshats (minus fuzzy, he drives pretty responsible lolol).
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:52 am

I would get the authorities to handle it so that the driver won't be able to do that to someone who doesn't have your driving skills.

Not to detract from your experience but things like that happen to me on a regular basis on my job. :shock:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by NickKo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Sounds like that driver, has SERIOUS anger management issues, and Mental Issues.

What did you do, that may have 'provoked' him ??
Were you driving the speed limit or something ??

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

Skitlz
2GN Member

Post by Skitlz » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:35 pm

I'd say do something about it, in the name of us who didn't pursue charges. ; ) *Looks at the dent in my driver door*
-Scott

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #135 (2005 SE)

RobsProjectSOHC
2012 Gold Contributor

my opinion

Post by RobsProjectSOHC » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:46 pm

If you have damages or it was to the point of actually hurting you or anyone else in the car...pursue it. If your willing to hurt other people out of anger, then you have a problem. Like some one said, who knows if this is the first.

If it wasn't that serious, just a scare....your gunna have that one way or another and that just makes you more alert now.
Project 003. Just building a Daily Driver with some upgrades.
For Sale Thread | CarDomain | FeedBack
Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies Club" Member #119

UriahRR
2GN Member

Re: Road rage almost turned ugly

Post by UriahRR » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Kelevra wrote:So, Tonight, as I was headed home from a friends house, some moron in a white dodge grand caravan tailgated and tried to run me off the road and cut me off on the parkway. Called 911 and got his license plate number on record. Think I should pursue charges? The guy scared me shitless when he pushed into my lane before speeding up and cutting in front of me, almost hitting the barrier, stopping dead on the ramp and, blocking traffic for about 5 seconds. He intentionally cut me off at my exit just to be a dick because when I followed him on the phone with a 911 dispatcher he could have gotten off at the next exit, safely, 3 miles down the road. Was hoping for a live stop but it didn't happen as he lost me at a traffic light

What do you guys think? Should I pursue charges on the driver for reckless driving or should I forget about it and thank god he didn't succeed in what he was trying to accomplish?

Oh... so you're one of "Those" People...

I'm always afraid some asshole is going to report my plate to the cops like a pussy and home sweet home Jersey, here you are. You have a problem with a minivan passing you? Speed the fuck up and get on with your day. People drive like assholes every day, no need getting all in a twist about it. Maybe his wife was in labor in the back seat or maybe he was drunk, who the fuck knows. "Pressing charges" of reckless driving just because you didn't like how he was driving is just shallow and pedantic.

RobsProjectSOHC
2012 Gold Contributor

Post by RobsProjectSOHC » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:32 pm

UriahRR wrote:Oh... so you're one of "Those" People...

I'm always afraid some asshole is going to report my plate to the cops like a pussy and home sweet home Jersey, here you are. You have a problem with a minivan passing you? Speed the fuck up and get on with your day. People drive like assholes every day, no need getting all in a twist about it. Maybe his wife was in labor in the back seat or maybe he was drunk, who the fuck knows. "Pressing charges" of reckless driving just because you didn't like how he was driving is just shallow and pedantic.
Maybe if your slow minivan had some power to pass people then I say do it...but since your retarded enough to buy a minivan for speed, you probably dont know how to be considerate on the road and wait your turn like a normal person. For that you look like an ass. People like you make the world shit and we are tired of cleaning it up. Maybe if you took some responsibilities for your shit driving, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Good day sir.
Project 003. Just building a Daily Driver with some upgrades.
For Sale Thread | CarDomain | FeedBack
Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies Club" Member #119

Skitlz
2GN Member

Post by Skitlz » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Wow, UriahRR, how old are you? Where did you get your license? How much butt did you lick to even get considered to be allowed on the road? Maybe you should re evaluate your decision to even drive, and instead ride bitch for the rest of your life for being such an ignorant asshole?
-Scott

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:58 am

He's always like this, generally most people just generally ignore him.

Skitlz
2GN Member

Post by Skitlz » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:05 am

I apologize for the language, that was just kind of ridiculous.
-Scott

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by NickKo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:23 am

I guess that gives us an insight, on how 'they' are thinking when they run others off the road. :D

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:30 am

My minivan is badass.

Traction control button and a nice healthy v6.

Race me, I dare you!

:lol:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

ducktapetg
2GN Member

Post by ducktapetg » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:17 pm

I feel as if some part of the story is being left out. Usually, when I get mad, there is a reason. Not that I do something irrational.

I find that most people that tick me off are deeply involved in a conversation on the phone.

As to file charges, I wouldn't. It happens, and I am sure most of us have done something to make someone "scared".

Adionik
2GN Member

Post by Adionik » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:50 pm

UriahRR wrote:
Kelevra wrote:So, Tonight, as I was headed home from a friends house, some moron in a white dodge grand caravan tailgated and tried to run me off the road and cut me off on the parkway. Called 911 and got his license plate number on record. Think I should pursue charges? The guy scared me shitless when he pushed into my lane before speeding up and cutting in front of me, almost hitting the barrier, stopping dead on the ramp and, blocking traffic for about 5 seconds. He intentionally cut me off at my exit just to be a dick because when I followed him on the phone with a 911 dispatcher he could have gotten off at the next exit, safely, 3 miles down the road. Was hoping for a live stop but it didn't happen as he lost me at a traffic light

x2

Get the sand out of the vag brah. It's a godamn minivan
dank(r/t) wrote:you tell 'em altezza light, black headlight cover guy!
you know what's up, it's obvious.
TheRandom1 wrote:Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.

Skitlz
2GN Member

Post by Skitlz » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Sexism and ignorance in the same post, awesome. Here I was thinking all Neon owners were badasses. I guess just the ones that count.
-Scott

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:32 am

Adionik wrote:
UriahRR wrote:

x2

Get the sand out of the vag brah. It's a godamn minivan
Thank you. Pussies on the road, pussies online, pussies everywhere these generations. But not you, good sir. :thumbup:

Go ahead, generally ignore me generally. I don't give a fuck, you're the ones getting passed and getting all pissy about it. :gay:

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:58 am

w.t.F. lol

I had a guy in a Navigator try to run me off the road. I was in the right lane...and as it was merging into ONE lane (the lane he was in) he sped up (I mean his engine ROARED) as he tried to cut me off...lol.

I was turning right but he didn't see my blinker. He almost rear ended the Grand Am for NO reason :rofl: all I could think was :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:
2003 SRT-4 :D

:glasses4:
NEON PARABOLA wrote:you deserve respect dammit! you drive a neon!
"Cause even though you left me here, I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here..."

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 am

You drive a neon. Ppl generally hate them. Expect to be fucked with.

I have never had so much negativity towards me with any other car I have owned. I have found most will do anyything they can to keep me from passing them on the highway. God fucking forbid they should be behind a neon. You would be amazed at the shit I see ppl do when I pwn them. :twisted:

I had some dumb blonde almost wipe out three cars this weekend on 23 north when headed to Flint last Friday. A bone stock 4 door Cobalt does not handle curves too well at 80 plus mph. Lets just say I got tired of her riding my ass, and I was kind of curious how far she would take it.

After seeing her nearly kill the folks I was passing I slowed back down to the 70 mph limit. And the bitch wouldn't even pass me after that, she just stayed in the passing lane behind me. :D
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:42 am

occasional demons wrote:You drive a neon. Ppl generally hate them. Expect to be fucked with.

I have never had so much negativity towards me with any other car I have owned. I have found most will do anyything they can to keep me from passing them on the highway. God fucking forbid they should be behind a neon. You would be amazed at the shit I see ppl do when I pwn them. :twisted:

I had some dumb blonde almost wipe out three cars this weekend on 23 north when headed to Flint last Friday. A bone stock 4 door Cobalt does not handle curves too well at 80 plus mph. Lets just say I got tired of her riding my ass, and I was kind of curious how far she would take it.

After seeing her nearly kill the folks I was passing I slowed back down to the 70 mph limit. And the bitch wouldn't even pass me after that, she just stayed in the passing lane behind me. :D

sometimes you just gotta put those bitches in their place...lol

no seriously... you're 100% correct about ppl not wanting to drive behind Neons. Our cars have the WORSE reputation EVER. But we see them for what they truly are....awesome lol. I've gotten cut off so many times it's not funny. But I don't give a damn anymore. I just hate the drivers that come to a fucking COMPLETE STOP (figuratively speaking) to make a right into whatever the fuck driveway they choose. FUCK EM ALL I SAY! FUCK EM ALL!!!

"Cause even though you left me here, I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here..."

NEON PARABOLA
2GN Member

Post by NEON PARABOLA » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 am

I have found the middle finger to be a good way of returning fire when confronted with the "Fu*k your neon" attitude.
Have I been shot at yet? No.... will I be? probably
-Sean
Official "I'm driving my neon till' it dies #28

BLK 03' NEON SXT 150,000 MILES

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 am

NEON PARABOLA wrote:I have found the middle finger to be a good way of returning fire when confronted with the "Fu*k your neon" attitude.
Have I been shot at yet? No.... will I be? probably
same here...lol

NEON PARABOLA
2GN Member

Post by NEON PARABOLA » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:25 am

some would call us stupid, but I havent come this far in life to be heckled by a bunch of punk ass 18 year olds in a POS lumina or a 88' honduh with type r stickers and more rust holes than the Titanic....
Last edited by NEON PARABOLA on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Sean

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 am

NEON PARABOLA wrote:some would call us stupid, but I havent come this far in life to be heckled by a bunch of punk ass 18 year olds in a POS lumina or a 88' honduh

all the 18y.o's around here drive the Focus' and Fusin's mommy and daddy co-signed for. Im actually going to get full coverage soon. I'll be damned if one of them destroy my car bcuz they :quotes: didn't see my blinker :quotes:

NEON PARABOLA
2GN Member

Post by NEON PARABOLA » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:31 am

Most of the kids round here drive mid 90's cars with no insurance or liability only. My brother has a 67 stang in high school and all the honduh guys called him gay for it, I really don't understand my generation
-Sean

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:37 am

NEON PARABOLA wrote:Most of the kids round here drive mid 90's cars with no insurance or liability only. My brother has a 67 stang in high school and all the honduh guys called him gay for it, I really don't understand my generation
FUCK. HONDA!!! lol. I would have KILLED to have a '67 Mustang in high school. I had a '98 Highline tho. And that was cool too lol.

Our generation is fucked in many different ways though. And this next one doesn't seem too promising either smh

NEON PARABOLA
2GN Member

Post by NEON PARABOLA » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:41 am

I blame rabecca black and justin bieber.
-Sean

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 am

NEON PARABOLA wrote:I blame rabecca black and justin bieber.

And Ke$ha lol. I hate her...so much.

Return to “Off-Topic”