Legitimate question.. does anyone here roleplay?

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
heyybaker
2GN Member

Legitimate question.. does anyone here roleplay?

Post by heyybaker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 am

At the expense of being called a nerd for the rest of my membership to this forum, I'm calling out here. The small amount of people I've included in my roleplay circle has continued to shrink, and the amount of those people that I know IRL is literally 0. There are 5,657 of you here, and ONE of you has to be a RP nerd like me. If not, I'm converting one of you. It's happening.

This is my definition of roleplaying. No, I do not go around Hagerstown with a staff, pounding it on the ground screaming "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" (for the record, if I were paid, I would). I do play MMORPGs, but that isn't what I'm talking about here, either. What I'm talking about it forum-based roleplaying. You sign up for the site, and create a character. You describe through writing what this character looks like, acts like, how old they are, etc. The forum has several places for your character to roleplay.. usually not random, for instance, if it's medieval fantasy, there will be towns and forests. You go to one of those boards, start a new thread, and post what your character is doing/thinking. Then, someone reads the post, is intrigued, brings their character in, and has their character interact with yours. It's like writing a book with a bunch of other people.

If you like to write, you would enjoy it. I'm not advertising, because I do not belong to this site anymore, but this site is an example of a very active, popular medieval-fantasy roleplay forum: -->here<--

Does anyone else here roleplay? If none of you do, I give up. That site I just linked has 1,088 members.. granted, those members are character accounts and the same person can have multiple characters, but at least 400 of those 1,088 are different people. If the roleplaying community is that big.. WHY DO I HAVE SUCH A PROBLEM FINDING PEOPLE?

So. Yeah. Anyone? If not, and you're interested, I'll gladly kidnap you. There is a roleplay literally for every genre, show, book etc. Tons of vampire, Harry Potter, medieval fantasy, and modern-futuristic. Post apocalyptic. Seriously, anything you can think of.
2001 NEON R/T
Project Polish -- INCOMPLETE

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:41 am

One question.. does this include alcohol?
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:43 am

Haganracing wrote:One question.. does this include alcohol?
You can write about your character getting hammered. Other characters can get hammered with your character. So, indirectly... yes?
2001 NEON R/T

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:44 am

Interesting :-k

I am one of those guys who LARPs, so your first example (if a little silly) is accurate :lol:

I attend Faire, and have done Camarilla (Masquerade and Changeling) games in the past, but lack of time makes that all but impossible now. When I get a spare minute I'll have to look at that.
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:46 am

heyybaker wrote:
Haganracing wrote:One question.. does this include alcohol?
You can write about your character getting hammered. Other characters can get hammered with your character. So, indirectly... yes?
Hmm, ill write about him getting hammered while I get hammered.

:thumbup:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

ChinoX
2GN Member

Post by ChinoX » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:47 am

In the bedroom hellz yes, who doesn't = lame...lol

In the non XXX sense...
I did for ComicCon/AnimeFest last year here in NYC
Last edited by ChinoX on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daily Driver in Progress Image Links: Garage|Build Log

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:47 am

Danteneon wrote:Interesting :-k

I am one of those guys who LARPs, so your first example (if a little silly) is accurate :lol:

I attend Faire, and have done Camarilla (Masquerade and Changeling) games in the past, but lack of time makes that all but impossible now. When I get a spare minute I'll have to look at that.
I actually find those sorts of things fascinating, but I don't think anyone around my area legitimately does it.. there are a few who walk around the park with plastic swords and terrorize people, and I don't think they're trying to be serious. Probably bath salts.

The good thing about forum roleplaying is it isn't immediate or time consuming. I know people who log on to some sites once a week. It's perfectly acceptable.. it's not live chat, the post will be there when you're ready to respond to it.

ETA: Haganracing: I'm sure at least 25% of the roleplaying community only comes out of its shell when either drunk, high, or otherwise not sober :lol:. Another 25% live vicariously through their characters, which I would say is probably unhealthy but, meh.

ChinoX: I've always wanted to dress up for an Anime Convention but the time and money isn't allowing.
2001 NEON R/T

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:50 am

Bath salts :rofl:

You may be surprised to find out just how many SCA members are in your area. I'm pretty sure the folks you see aren't part of the SCA. Unless you know where they will be, you don't see them. Kinda like Ninjas.

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:56 am

Danteneon wrote:Bath salts :rofl:

You may be surprised to find out just how many SCA members are in your area. I'm pretty sure the folks you see aren't part of the SCA. Unless you know where they will be, you don't see them. Kinda like Ninjas.
o__o Must.. find and join.. secret society..
2001 NEON R/T

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:04 pm

http://www.sca.org/

Pretty cool community really. If you have ever been to a Renn Faire (and Maryland has a great one) you have seen SCA people.

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:11 pm

totally thought this was in the bed room

i used to in my highschool years dont have alot of interest anymore alcohol gambling and wrenching consume my life now
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:25 pm

LOL

I don't role play but I play minecraft lol

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Adam G
2GN Member

Post by Adam G » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:32 pm

and I was going to bust out my lightsaber at the hotel.....damn it
Adam

04 eblue srt4 - shes getting there
97 white ram
81 white camaro z28

owned 11 neons so far and growing

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:38 pm

:rofl: I guess it's true.. I'm the only person I know that likes to forum roleplay..

Stephanie's soft blue eyes swelled with tears as she looked away from her laptop, and through the window in her living room. She couldn't help but think she would never find another forum roleplayer to join her group. With a quiet sniffle she closed the lid to her laptop and proceeded to her room, where she'd stare at her loyal Neon all day and wish it spoke to her.
2001 NEON R/T

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:44 pm

When suddenly...

BOOM!

A damn dragon, with MC Hammer clinging to its back, comes flying into Stephanie's driveway and proceeds to demolish her neon, while MC Hammer yells "CAN'T TOUCH THIS!" at her.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:47 pm

While enjoying a drive in the upstate Maryland countryside, Dante drives past a house with a red R/T 2nd gen sitting in front of it. "Nice looking R/T...I wonder if the owner is on 2GN? I should stop and put a card on the windshield."

He pulls over onto the shoulder and walks up to the car.

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Stephanie's eyes widen as she notices somebody approaching her car. How on earth did they get back to my house?! She thought. No sooner did she think this, a huge dragon demolished her baby (her car), and MC Hammer annoyingly started singing. In a furious rage she runs to the shed, retrieves her father's bow, and begins to fire arrows at the dragon and MC Hammer. She throws a rapier to Dante.
2001 NEON R/T

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:57 pm

"What the fuck?!" is the first thing out of Dante's mouth when seeing a dragon ("A dragon?" his brain thinks in the background) swoop down and proceeding to destroy what once was a Neon. Without time to process the scene before him and to identify the song he strangely hears over the din of rending metal (it would later come to him as "Can't touch this" by MC Hammer), a girl is running towards the mayhem throwing a sword in his direction.

"Now this seems familiar" he thinks for some reason.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:18 pm

What.The.Fuck.

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:22 pm

Haganracing wrote:What.The.Fuck.
Mind.Blown.

Can't touch this.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm

JeffM wrote:
Haganracing wrote:What.The.Fuck.
Mind.Blown.

Can't touch this.
Dah nah nah nah!!

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Watching the girl shoot arrows at the dragon with what seems to be a really good look-a-like of MC Hammer on it's back, Dante runs up on the right side of the dragon and starts swinging the rapier at it. "Remember, not in front and not behind it" runs through his mind as he works at the car hating dragon.

Before too long, he and the girl (Dante presumes she is the owner of the former Neon) drive the dragon and it's gold clad passenger away. Dante looks at the very pissed off girl and says "Nice...err...was nice car. Ever heard of 2GN? We do this kind of shit every week. Have a card."

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Haganracing wrote:
JeffM wrote:Can't touch this.
Dah nah nah nah!!
doot doot

DAAAA DAAAAAA!

Can't touch this.

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:42 pm

JeffM wrote:
Haganracing wrote:
JeffM wrote:Can't touch this.
Dah nah nah nah!!
doot doot

DAAAA DAAAAAA!

Can't touch this.
just like the bad guy from lethal weapon 2
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Awesome reference.

I'M A DIPLOMAT!

cdewalt1985
2GN Member

Post by cdewalt1985 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:19 pm

heyybaker wrote:
Danteneon wrote:Interesting :-k

I actually find those sorts of things fascinating, but I don't think anyone around my area legitimately does it.. there are a few who walk around the park with plastic swords and terrorize people, and I don't think they're trying to be serious. Probably bath salts.

The good thing about forum roleplaying is it isn't immediate or time consuming. I know people who log on to some sites once a week. It's perfectly acceptable.. it's not live chat, the post will be there when you're ready to respond to it.

ETA: Haganracing: I'm sure at least 25% of the roleplaying community only comes out of its shell when either drunk, high, or otherwise not sober :lol:. Another 25% live vicariously through their characters, which I would say is probably unhealthy but, meh.

ChinoX: I've always wanted to dress up for an Anime Convention but the time and money isn't allowing.
Just wondering which category you fall under here........lol.....j/k

phenomeneon21
2GN Member

Post by phenomeneon21 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:03 pm

I put on my robe and wizard hat...

am I doing it right??
2007 Subaru WRX STi

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:17 pm

I'll role play in my birthday suit.

heyybaker
2GN Member

Post by heyybaker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Stephanie, her garments torn and her skin sullied from unnecessary rolling and jumping among the ground in attempts to appear boss, took the card from Dante with a blank expression. She sighed, exhausted, and forced a weak smile. "I WILL be a Neon owner again, soon. And I shall join your forum, and we will become friends." With an overly-confident nod, she swirled around to face her house, proceeded towards it, and waved behind her.

(The air blowing out of my vents feels like a dragon fried it.)
2001 NEON R/T

Return to “Off-Topic”