New car advice

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
jmoddes
2GN Member

New car advice

Post by jmoddes » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:16 pm

SOOO my neon is... i'm over it. 2nd gear in my 3 speed auto is literally GONE. already put over 2 grand into it this year.. not worth the money anymore.. really not.

so i've been looking at a few cars.. been going back and forth between quite a few of different ones.

Grabbed insurance "quotes" and we'll see. All the following are within my price range and will work on lowering the price on the car (insurance can't do shit about).

I have narrowed it down to three unless a new listing comes through within the next week and a half. What i'm asking... what are things if you were looking at these three cars would you ask yourself / check. I'm getting NO support from the rents other than you're an idiot and you're wasting your money. (they want me to buy another neon and use it for parts...)

First off:

these are in order my most favorable to least RIGHT NOW. I keep flipping between 1 & 2.

2005 Acura RL 3.5
  • 84,295 miles
  • V6
  • 5 speed Auto
  • Clean carfax (no accidents)
  • AWD
  • Very clean all around car via photos
  • 14,490 price tag
  • Listed lower than KBB & Edmunds
2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited - I think like akens car...
  • 60,543 miles
  • 4 valve turbo
  • Manual
  • Clean carfax (no accidents)
  • AWD
  • Outside looks clean.. not too many detailed photos of inside
  • 15,999 price tag
  • Listed higher than KBB & Edmunds
2010 Ford Taurus SEL - I really HATE Ford and will get shit for it for the rest of my time with this car...
  • 45,845 miles
  • V6
  • 6 Speed auto w/select shift
  • Clean Carfax (no accdients)
  • AWD
  • Incredibly clean inside and outside via photos
  • 15,977 price tag
  • Listed higher than KBB & Edmunds

All / Any advice is greatly appreciated. First car i'm buying. (glad i have good enough credit and debt-to-income ratio). Looking at a 4% at most interest rate as well.
-jmoddes (@gmail)
00 Neon
65 Classic

Car\Facebook\My Lights

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Id look at a fusion before a taurus. But these desions for me, all come down to lifestyle and where you live and your own tastes. If you really want to save money id go with the neon parts car because really, there is nothing worse than the feeling of being in debt especially, on a used car dispite the rates being really low right now.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:45 pm

if you're going to owe on a car, make sure it's one you KNOW you want.
'02 Chrysler Neon RT - SOHC 50trim+Crane 007 ---DEAD---
'05 Dodge Neon SRT4 - DSP & bolt ons ---SOLD---
'08 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - MS1Kv3
Progress Log

ducktapetg
2GN Member

Post by ducktapetg » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 pm

Why not buy a piece of shit car now that runs and such and save up for a car you want. Also, you couldn't find a cheaper car you would want, even for 10k. Just think, that would be 5k saved which could go towards repairs, insurance, rent?

Not to support the parents but I think they are right. Same thing happened with my sister. The neon needed some parts and she said I will get a newer car. Well she did and now she not only pays the car payment but she also has to pay for the high prices of repair.

Just my 2 cents

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:35 am

Lol my sister did the same thing only she also doesn't like the looks of the neon (02 with 50K miles) so she bought a 90s VW cabrio with a rattle can paint job, rotted exhaust, and rips in the canvas top. Lol its so loud I thought she bought a desiel at first.

Yup. think long and hard before you buy something with credit.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

Return to “Off-Topic”