gun rights

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
gtxtreme19
2010 Silver Contributor

gun rights

Post by gtxtreme19 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm not a complete "gun totin redneck" but I got this email from ruger this morning, I figured I would share since I know a few of you like your guns.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/
-Mike
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Skitlz wrote:Gramps, get a GPS.
Gramps Prefers Streetmaps. :D

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 pm

MD is trying to pass legislation to put huge restrictions on "assault rifles". I'm not a huge gun totin redneck, never been hunting, but I like shooting targets, clay pigeons, etc. I would like a CCW for when I go into the city. I know 1/3 of the people there are carrying anyway, would just like to do it legally.

"A ban on the transport, sale, purchase, transfer or possession of commonly owned semi-automatic centerfire rifles that have a detachable magazine and one additional characteristic – such as a pistol grip, telescoping stock, flash suppressor, threaded barrel etc. under the political misnomer “assault weapons.” ALL currently owned regulated firearms ( so-called "assault rifles") must be registered with the Maryland State Police before November 1, 2013, and persons moving into Maryland must register all regulated firearms (including handguns) within thirty days of residency."

So, basically, if this law gets passed, if my father passes away, we would have to turn a few of his weapons in, they would not be able to be transferred to me.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 am

Screw Maryland. Recently bought a 60rnd ar-15 mag

Can't take my guns, its my right as an American to defend myself from others
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

NEON PARABOLA
2GN Member

Post by NEON PARABOLA » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:50 am

-Sean
Official "I'm driving my neon till' it dies #28

BLK 03' NEON SXT 150,000 MILES

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:50 am

i know the laws they are proposing are stupid but there are other weapons that dont fit under those guidlines, like my SKS for instance which has more firepower than an AR anyway... makes total sense :tardbang:
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

gtxtreme19
2010 Silver Contributor

Post by gtxtreme19 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 am

I hunt a little bit, not enough to accommodate the amount of guns and ammo I have (I could arm a small militia) but I love shooting trap. Some of these laws are just ridiculous though
-Mike
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Skitlz wrote:Gramps, get a GPS.
Gramps Prefers Streetmaps. :D

Adam G
2GN Member

Post by Adam G » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:09 pm

sks was gone that was named outright under one ban I saw that....granted I dont have any ar's or anything like that i want one but dont have money to blow.....anybody knows me I have like 7 different hunting rifles and im always buying more
Adam

04 eblue srt4 - shes getting there
97 white ram
81 white camaro z28

owned 11 neons so far and growing

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:12 pm

adamwhich one was that? only one i'm familiar with is the "assault weapon" ban
Justin

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:35 am

They aren't going to take them, but make it impossible to buy/sell them, or transfer them to a family member once you pass away.
NEON PARABOLA wrote:Image
Replace the scooter with a K-Car, and the soda with beer and that's me daily. I make sure to fire at least 60 rounds out of my car on the way into work.

fixitmattman
2GN Member

Post by fixitmattman » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:35 pm

Pretty sure there will be grandfather rights to existing fire-arms and to be able to pass down through family. That's how they do it in Canada with pre-existing restricted/prohibited weapons. They pretty much have to stay in the family now.
r/tguy02 wrote:i know the laws they are proposing are stupid but there are other weapons that dont fit under those guidlines, like my SKS for instance which has more firepower than an AR anyway... makes total sense :tardbang:
All about appearances, AR's look scary even though you can get more firepower in a 'standard' or 'less scary looking' gun.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/fixitmattman
How to fix your car:
1. Buy a Haynes manual
2. Read Haynes maual
3. Read and search appropriate threads, trust us, it's been covered before
4. Fix car
5. Consume beer of job well done

ejclide
2GN Member

Post by ejclide » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:51 pm

I'm a little more concerned with what they're proposing in The People's Republic of California.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/0 ... 42204.html

I'm very bothered by all of the people who either think "semi-automatic" weapons should be banned, or that "assault weapons" are any more lethal than hunting rifles. The Ruger Mini-14 is in Feinstein's exempt list. It is NO different than an AR-15 except for appearance. But people are too fixated on "military style". General McCrystal went on TV talking about the power of AR-15s, and how they wreak havoc on the human body, yet all evidence is a complete contradiction to this. Soldiers overseas are complaining all the time about the lack of power in the 5.56 NATO round, and that it is ineffective. I have it on good authority that the round was not designed to kill, but rather to wound and remove additional people from the battlefield to evacuate wounded. Most states don't allow hunting dear with the round because it's inhumane. After all, the .223 is commonly considered a "Varmint" round. So how is it this mythical uber bullet that is just so dangerous we shouldn't have it?

[/rant]

I have been educating myself daily on this mess since Sandy Hook because I know my anti gun friends are gonna be out in full force. The fact of the matter is that Stats are on the gun owners side. The problem is that the people who want to remove these guns, or even more or all guns, base their opinion simply on emotion. These people are also more often than not type B personalities that would rather let someone else take care of dealing with violent criminals than be proactive and take the well being of their loved ones as their own responsibility. I keep hearing people say that we are too developed, and that something like Stalin or Hitler could never happen here. I fundamentally believe that reason is because we have a second amendment. We will never need to defend our rights as long as the 2nd amendment is around. That's why it's there.
-Eric
"I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Promise Breaker
occasional demons wrote:"Official Support Vehicle" Just sayin'

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:14 am

fixitmattman wrote:Pretty sure there will be grandfather rights to existing fire-arms and to be able to pass down through family. That's how they do it in Canada with pre-existing restricted/prohibited weapons. They pretty much have to stay in the family now.
r/tguy02 wrote:i know the laws they are proposing are stupid but there are other weapons that dont fit under those guidlines, like my SKS for instance which has more firepower than an AR anyway... makes total sense :tardbang:
All about appearances, AR's look scary even though you can get more firepower in a 'standard' or 'less scary looking' gun.
The MD law excludes grandfathering.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Re: gun rights

Post by theColonel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:46 am

gtxtreme19 wrote:I'm not a complete "gun totin redneck" but I got this email from ruger this morning, I figured I would share since I know a few of you like your guns.

I'm a "gun totin' redneck" and proud of it, as Obummer said, "we southern boys cling to our guns and our religion ". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

ban

Post by Alex Kurdian » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Hey Guys
I cant speak for you guys as guns are banned big time here in AUST...but isn't your government trying to disarm you as well...for the reason I believe if the shit ever hits the fan there you guys wont be able to fight back?

Personally if we were allowed to I would have an god damn arsenal just in case the shit ever hit the fan...but for now all I have a a crow bar! :roll:
I drove My Neon till it "SOLD" And then bought a Mazda 3 Skyactiv
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

goderick
Fresh Fish

Post by goderick » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:20 am

using a high powered gun is not aloud for a public place. gun is good for self defense but don't use it for crime or illegal doings.

nerox
2011 Silver Contributor

Re: ban

Post by nerox » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:55 am

Alex Kurdian wrote:I cant speak for you guys as guns are banned big time here in AUST...
Same here, to be honest ive only even seen one real gun, at Heathrow Airport, Our police dont even carry guns, or tasers ...
Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member UK#1

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:57 am

^ so that leads me to ask, what do you (they) do when a criminal with a gun, goes on a rampage?
Justin

nerox
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by nerox » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:06 pm

r/tguy02 wrote:^ so that leads me to ask, what do you (they) do when a criminal with a gun, goes on a rampage?
we do have guns in all police stations and appropriate people to use them when its necessary for that kind of thing, but they are never carried routinely, except at airports.

Even in that situation they do anything possible to not have to shoot them coz when they do people go crazy.

it is extremely rare that kind of thing happens though, gun and ammo posession laws are so tight that its pretty much only farmers that own guns.

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

Dont

Post by Alex Kurdian » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:19 pm

r/tguy02 wrote:^ so that leads me to ask, what do you (they) do when a criminal with a gun, goes on a rampage?
Don't worry about about that here our cops a FULLY armed to the max....Its the public that isn't...

ohh biker gangs...the mafia and petty criminals seemed to be majorly armed as well...Us poor folk are not...

Hmmm sux doesn't it...I can get a gun license but there are major restrictions...and its very complicated trust me...!! and they are very expensive..I couldn't even imagine owning one....I would if I could though for protection
theColonel wrote:
gtxtreme19 wrote:I'm not a complete "gun totin redneck" but I got this email from ruger this morning, I figured I would share since I know a few of you like your guns.

I'm a "gun totin' redneck" and proud of it, as Obummer said, "we southern boys cling to our guns and our religion ". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ENVIOUS!!!!
I drove My Neon till it "SOLD" And then bought a Mazda 3 Skyactiv
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

ejclide
2GN Member

Re: Dont

Post by ejclide » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:17 am

Alex Kurdian wrote:
Don't worry about about that here our cops a FULLY armed to the max....Its the public that isn't...

ohh biker gangs...the mafia and petty criminals seemed to be majorly armed as well...Us poor folk are not...

Hmmm sux doesn't it...I can get a gun license but there are major restrictions...and its very complicated trust me...!! and they are very expensive..I couldn't even imagine owning one....I would if I could though for protection
theColonel wrote:

ENVIOUS!!!!

I remember reading that in Australia, if you want to have a competition handgun and you want to keep that handgun at home you have to actually PROVE that you are using it at a minimum of 6 competitions every year, and you still have to check it in with the police once or twice a year and tell them exactly what room it's secured in and what kind of safe/locks you're using. It's ridiculous.

But I think you hit the nail on the head. Doesn't matter how many guns you take away from the law abiding citizens, the criminals still have them.
-Eric
"I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Promise Breaker
occasional demons wrote:"Official Support Vehicle" Just sayin'

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:42 am

Exactly, I just wanted to confirm what I always believed
Justin

dsalvatores
Fresh Fish

Post by dsalvatores » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:30 am

Gun control is any law, policy, practice, or proposal designed to restrict or limit the possession, production, importation, shipment, sale, and/or use of firearms.

Last edited by dsalvatores on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Marcel
2GN Member

Post by Marcel » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:28 pm

when i was in Mineral Wells, TX i was surprised at the amount of firearms 'normal' people have but i never experienced unsafe or threatened by them. Guns don't really impress me; it's the crazy in someone's eyes that scares me and not only when (s)he's looking through a crosshair!

All in all i am very open minded about gun possession but restricted on a 'benefit of the doubt' kind of deal: misdemeanor, felony or criminal acts with or involving firearms should have consequences for the person handling said firearms.
"If god hates masturbation that much, he should give me a girlfriend"
http://www.sevenstepsofdenial.com
https://www.facebook.com/7StepsOfDenial
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it's too expensive to keep driving" Club #000083

nerox
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by nerox » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:56 pm

whats the gun laws in Netherlands?

i guess the same as everywhere in Europe? (except those crazy swiss who dont really count as European anyway)

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:31 am

Marcel wrote:when i was in Mineral Wells, TX i was surprised at the amount of firearms 'normal' people have but i never experienced unsafe or threatened by them. Guns don't really impress me; it's the crazy in someone's eyes that scares me and not only when (s)he's looking through a crosshair!

All in all i am very open minded about gun possession but restricted on a 'benefit of the doubt' kind of deal: misdemeanor, felony or criminal acts with or involving firearms should have consequences for the person handling said firearms.
you're not allowed to own firearms in the US if you have a felony and depending on the misdemeanor, they may or may not allow your legal purchase of the firearm. with all the bull shit being talked about, i recently added to my collection a nice 3 firearms.

on another note... i'm happy that i live in WI. although i recently just purchased my first handgun and am working on sorting out which CCWs i want, WI is an open carry state! :D

Skitlz
2GN Member

Post by Skitlz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:58 pm

INVUJerry wrote:Replace the scooter with a K-Car, and the soda with beer and that's me daily. I make sure to fire at least 60 rounds out of my car on the way into work.
That made my day.
Alex Kurdian wrote:Personally if we were allowed to I would have an god damn arsenal just in case the shit ever hit the fan...but for now all I have a a crow bar! :roll:
I'd be more afraid of a violent guy with a crowbar than some random dude with a gun who probably can't shoot for shit anyway.

No matter how well-meaning gun control laws may be, the fact is that there will always be a black market, so criminals will always be able to be armed, whether the average citizen is or not.

I don't see the point of owning a gun, personally, but I'm all for those who want them being able to have them.
-Scott

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #135 (2005 SE)

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Skitlz wrote:I don't see the point of owning a gun, personally, but I'm all for those who want them being able to have them.
because when it comes down to me or the other guy, i'm gonna live. that's why i own a gun

Skitlz
2GN Member

Post by Skitlz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:52 pm

If you have the time to run to your gun cabinet, unlock it, assemble your gun, load it, and prepare to fire it before a guy with a gun can shoot you, then you're probably pretty safe anyway.
-Scott

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Skitlz wrote:If you have the time to run to your gun cabinet, unlock it, assemble your gun, load it, and prepare to fire it before a guy with a gun can shoot you, then you're probably pretty safe anyway.
you honestly think that's how firearms are kept in my house? also, my previous statement pertained more to situations where i carry

Skitlz
2GN Member

Post by Skitlz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Well I'm used to people in my family owning guns and they have children. haha

And I often forget it's legal to carry in some states.
-Scott

Return to “Off-Topic”