What is your long term project plan for your vehicle?

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
MoparOso
2GN Member

What is your long term project plan for your vehicle?

Post by MoparOso » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:20 am

I'm curious what people plan to do with their cars? Let's see what's you have in mind, what you have done to get to your goal and how you feel about your vehicle as it evolves. I'll jump in first.

I bought my 2004 R/T a little over two years ago, and at the time I really just planned on wheels and tires and to leave it stock since it is a driver, but anyone who knows me understands the likelihood of me leaving a vehicle stock is about as realistic as the thought that a crack whore wouldn't snatch up a $20 rock that was left alone and unattended.

So, as it would be, I started getting ideas. At first I just wanted to do a header, cat back and suspension, but then the I bought a spare Magnum head and in time decided I needed a full engine build. I purchased a Quaife differential, and ended up scoring a PT Cruiser transaxle that had same close ratio gearing and final drive, but it has a taller 5th gear for better fuel economy.

All of this started coming together, and then I grabbed a complete SRT4 interior which I had recovered with a Katzkin interior kit. The engine is being built at the present time, and finally, I decided to damn the naysayers and drop a turbo kit into the little beastie.

I settled on a Hahn Racecraft system based on the Mitsu 20G. I also forgot to mention that the engine being built is all forged internals. Unfortunately, no one I know of is producing forged cranks for the NGC vehicles, but consensus seems to be that it is unnecessary for the kind of power I will be producing.

The goal here is to make a little sleeper threat. There will be no BOV. In it's place will be a diverter valve off a VW-Audi turbo vehicle. I have a Corsa exhaust on it now, but it will be replaced with a custom stainless system from John Moore of More Performance in Columbus. I want two things. Quiet and Brutal.

There's other stuff going into the vehicle like a Wilwood BBK. Of course this meant I had to get SRT-4 knuckles, but that was fine, those are being powder coated. I also bought all the rear suspension. More powder coating as well and all new poly bushings. I am doing the suspension to purge the vehicle of as many clunks and such that I may be able to remove. Also, this, as I noted, is my driver, so I can't risk it being down for a week while stuff goes out for prep and such.

Let's hear about your project! I'm sure some of you guys have vehicles that are nasty enough to be analogous to a drag race between a Veyron and a tricycle. My feelings are that my lil' stinker would be the tricycle in that event.
Michael

04' Bright Silver Metallic Neon R/T - All sorts of goodies
05' Clearcoat Black Neon SXT - The driver
05' Clearcoat Black Crossfire SRT6 - Stock but easy on the eyes
08' Brilliant Black Pearl 300C SRT8 - 426 blown @ 11psi

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:53 am

way to much to post

50 trimm'ed srt-4 swap coilovers and more euro gear
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:28 pm

I've been wanting to turn my Neon into the equivalent of a BUX SRT-4 (had one been offered). Throw in the full R/T leather interior as well. :wink:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:I've been wanting to turn my Neon into the equivalent of a BUX SRT-4 (had one been offered). Throw in the full R/T leather interior as well. :wink:
dont forget the seat cover :rockon:
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:46 am

:laughing3:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:22 am

I would love to magically transform my 00 highline (atx) into an SRT.

Them's my plans.
2003 SRT-4 :D

:glasses4:
NEON PARABOLA wrote:you deserve respect dammit! you drive a neon!
"Cause even though you left me here, I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here..."

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:53 pm

My NYG's plan is a DOHC block, milled head and crane 7, after will come coil overs, all poly bushings, and maybe paint. If I had more funds available I'd add a turbo kit and meth injection on top of all that to make high RPM power and keep the TQ down to keep the bottom end together.

Goal for the van is to add an old turbo dodge turbo system to it to make it more manageable to drive (it's an 18 second car as it is). I have larger rotors and the new pads for it, just need the calipers and brackets and wheels to upgrade the front brakes to make it better to stop.

Reliant will most likely get nothing done to it. I would love to slam it and put a built DOHC 2.0 and a 3.94 into it to make it a sleeper but that will most likely never happen.
So many neons so little time.

esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Finish it, race it, sell it, buy a viper, repeat.
ASP - First NGC SOHC in the 13s and the 12s. First SOHC neon over 500whp. First NGC Neon on MS.
Winston Churchill wrote:Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

Return to “Off-Topic”