(Hopefully) Getting back into the Neons...

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

(Hopefully) Getting back into the Neons...

Post by kc2005ptgt » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:47 am

And I found my victim. Nothing to share yet, cause it may fall through, and bad!

Quick story:

Some of you may know me as kc2002acr, from way back. Around 4 years ago (almost to the date!) I traded in the ACR for a stock, 2005 convertible PT GT (autostick). I must say, I loved that car, almost as much as my ACR. I made a few mistakes with my ACR though, and I regret doing so much to it! I put the Chrysler badges on it, I put RT side skirts, SRT rear exhaust tails, lowered it with 1gn RT springs (blew out my stock struts), as well as a host of other items (headlights, tails, ugh).

I did a lot of things right, too. I rebuilt the bottom end when the rings went south, and put in some stock 1gn RT pistons (bring up the compression a bit), a comp 400 cam, as well as a host of other little engine goodies (60mm tb, etc) including a complete reworking of the head.

But I grew. I have learned. I am past that stage in my life. I no longer need to mod out the exterior to feel good about the car as a whole. I drove my little sleeper PT GT here in KC for almost 4 years, and knocked quite a few ricers off their high horse in the process. Boost is nice, even if it was through a slushbox and wasn't the beastly SRT4 setup (close, just not quite it).

So, I sold the PT GT outright, only owed about 2k on it, but got 6k for it and used that money to move overseas and teach in Taiwan. Then that took a dump south. Got denied my work visa (despite being approved ahead of time in US) by the Taiwanese gov't, and have pretty much hit rock bottom. I lost my house, my car, did the whole bankruptcy thing, and all the while racked up a nice little college loans debt because I just had to teach!

But now that I am living in my parents basement, all my debt is taken care of, and my loans are consolidated (damn thing is going to be another house payment one day!) I am ready to start over. My lovely wife, 3 year old daughter, and 16 year old son (he bought himself a 85 Bronco II 4x4!) have all stood by me, supported me, and helped me through this bullshit of life, to come out smelling of roses.

So I get a new start, and to top it off, my wife is supporting me to by another Neon. :tardbang:

I found my diamond in the rough, and if things work out, I can have it by next week. I got a job recently (not a teaching job, but pays really well for someone who has two bachelors, certification, and 6 hours shy of two masters degrees) and start in August. Luckily, my wife and I are in a position to save TONS of money, so I am going to go ahead and finance this beast, and then pay it off ASAP.

Wish me luck all, I could be getting my dream car again, and if I do I will post pics soon (probably with a name change :lol: ), and if not, I will pass on the info to you all, just in case someone is looking for something new.

Peace all, I will stop lurking, and be more active soon enough.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:21 am

:thumbup:

I like this. A lot.

Every few weeks I get the bug to pack up and take off. Whether it's just traveling or completely relocating. I just don't see myself doing it permanently and therefore I never get too deep. I'm jealous of your journey and what you've learned.
el. oh. el.

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:36 am

I got the call back today on financing, and it was approved, but currently I do not have the $2000 down they want O.o

I need to find a lender who will loan me 5 grand and no money down. I will be paying it off in two months anyway, BUUUUTTTT... anyway. Still looking, not giving up yet.

Any ideas, help, or where I can look for a loan for a 2001 Neon? I need a $5000 loan, I am not concerned about the APR, mainly because like I mentioned, paying off this year.

Thanks!
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:32 am

Have you tried a credit union yet?

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:50 am

Woot! Good to hear from you again sir :D

Wait, $5K? Are you buying my ACR? :shock: Cause, you know, you could for that.
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Ha oddly enough I was reading an old thread of yours the other day. Glad to see another old member coming back around
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:04 am

Thanks guys, nice to be back and looking again. We will have to see what happens. I may try my bank, I have a great record with them. Two cars, never late, and paid off on time.

I want to get into a completely stock car, but thank you Dante!

I will tell you this much, the car is listed wrong, the dealer refused to believe me. I even had the mechanic check out some stuff for me, and it confirmed my suspicions. I just need them to come around, cause the car is overpriced by almost a grand. So getting it down to 4k would be great.

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:30 pm

Ok, so here is the car I was going to buy - looks like the 5k sticker has been dropped to 3k, and apparently will not pass inspection in WI. However, since I am in no state to get it, and won't be for some time, I want someone else to have a shot. They have it listed as a 2001 ACR, however, the one picture they posted is of an ACR.

Here is the dealer website: 2001 Dodge Neon RT/ACR?

Here is a link to Cars.com with the picture: Cars.com Neon RT

Good luck - oh, and anyone in the area, want to check it out for me to verify my ACR suspicions? Thanks!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:43 am

and 6 hours shy of two masters degrees)
GetRDone!

Welcome back man! :)

Might be hard to get a loan if you filed for bankruptcy? Just sayin'

I say go to your parents credit union and have them co-sign for a car. Do a signature loan. That's what I did with my SRT-4 like 6 years ago.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:30 am

Odd listing. No mention of A/C and it says manual locks, so in theory it should be a no option ACR. But then they list keyless entry :scratch:

biggrobb1995
2GN Member

Post by biggrobb1995 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:33 am

Glad to see you back!
I don't skinny dip. I chunky dunk!
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
I'm goin to drive my neon til it dies member #81
Some see angels, I've held one.

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:41 am

Not sure what's up with this car. They still insist it's a no option, base model RT. I told them there is no such thing! My issue is that as an RT there is about a 1,000$ difference in blue book price.

As for loan, I can get approved, and actually even with bankruptcy my credit is still good - only one bad mark, the bankruptcy! So, anyway...I haven't tried to see what they want now since price dropped. Anyone in WI?

Hehehe.

I have my sights on other neons local ATM, but honestly I need to just wait. I will be getting a lot of money each check to put away and will be buying a car for 4-6 grand by year end. If I see another ACR or 01-02 RT which is NOT modded, I will get it. I just REALLY want an ACR! If I can't get into a non-modified ACR, I'm going to buy my other dream car: 1989-93 Ford Mustang GT. Let me know if you all see any ACRs!!!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Do you have access to the VIN? you could email Chrysler customer assist and get a build sheet for it.

customerassist@chrysler.com
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:51 pm

kc2005ptgt wrote:Not sure what's up with this car. They still insist it's a no option, base model RT. I told them there is no such thing! My issue is that as an RT there is about a 1,000$ difference in blue book price.

As for loan, I can get approved, and actually even with bankruptcy my credit is still good - only one bad mark, the bankruptcy! So, anyway...I haven't tried to see what they want now since price dropped. Anyone in WI?

Hehehe.

I have my sights on other neons local ATM, but honestly I need to just wait. I will be getting a lot of money each check to put away and will be buying a car for 4-6 grand by year end. If I see another ACR or 01-02 RT which is NOT modded, I will get it. I just REALLY want an ACR! If I can't get into a non-modified ACR, I'm going to buy my other dream car: 1989-93 Ford Mustang GT. Let me know if you all see any ACRs!!!
I'm pretty sure all ACR's have RT on the title, my 01 ACR did.

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:10 am

INVUJerry wrote:I'm pretty sure all ACR's have RT on the title, my 01 ACR did.
I think you are right, and I did a VIN check and it came back as RT/ACR/Competition. Never seen that before. My 02 just said ACR. Oh well, I am keeping my eye on it. I really want to know what is wrong with it that they dropped the price by 2 grand. If it is still around in 8 weeks, it may be mine. I start work on Monday, and start getting paid at the end of August, so I will be saving all my dimes. I can come up with 3 grand in about 8 weeks. If I save even more vigorously I could have it in 6 weeks.

I am still looking for my 01-02 RT or ACR. I want that ACR!

Honestly, if I cannot get the ACR, I might just got with my other option, the 89-92 Mustang GT Convertible. Would take me 10-12 weeks to save for a good one.

edit:
Here is something that bugs me - this is an RT, it checks out fine, and it has everything one is looking for, except the wrong front end. :(

It has the 03 front/rear, but checks back as on 02 RT.

2002 Neon RT with 03 front/rear

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:02 am

Did seven spokes came on R/T's?
AutoCheck found 23 records for this 2002 Dodge Neon R/T!
Could be nothing, or could be significant.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:36 am

occasional demons wrote:Did seven spokes came on R/T's
Honestly, I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I thought the RT's from 03+ had the 5 spoke ones. 01-02 had those Silverstones, or Snowflakes. I could be wrong, been years since I messed with a Neon in any capacity. I was actually just reading my old project log and cannot BELIEVE how much work I did on my car! I am amazed I ever did all that, or ever was brave enough to attempt it! I pulled the entire engine out of my car, removed the block and head and and completely rebuilt the car from the bottom up. :shock:

What a monster. I miss it.

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 am

No they did not OD
Justin

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:25 pm

Didn't think so, but also didn't want to say they didn't in case they did. :rofl:

Could be an R title car.... Or the good facias and wheels were kept by whoever traded it.

I would tell them an easy thousand off their asking price. It is priced as an R/T, it should have all the R/T stuff. I would almost be afraid to look under the hood...
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Still no good Neons out there in my price range. I am keeping my eyes out. And if any of you all see a nice looking RT or ACR which is NOT modded, let me know. Link it here? Thanks all!

Pretty sure this is an RT.

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_fo ... 6049168_63

But those wheels... :roll:

And, a little further looking and I found an ACR. WOW. Cheap too! Leave it alone!!! :rofl: (VIN for anyone wondering: 1B3ES66FX2D599923)

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_fo ... 9849459_65

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:35 am

that first one is def an r/t, those rims look a lot like trunk kit rims from a 1gn (they're not though) if you buy it i'll sell you a set of silverstones ;)
other than some TLC that first one looks fine, other than the price

the acr looks a bit beat to me, and 3500$ is cheap :roll: :lol:
Justin

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:46 am

Damn, mine is a steal since I would be willing to sell it as-is for $5000 :)

I know, you want stock. Which I don't quite get since stock is so...stock. For $1500 more you can get a Neon that handles better, stops better, has a nicer interior, easier to work on under the hood...you get the point.

In other words, buy my car so I know it will go to a good home!

Skitlz
2GN Member

Post by Skitlz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Danteneon wrote:Damn, mine is a steal since I would be willing to sell it as-is for $5000 :)

I know, you want stock. Which I don't quite get since stock is so...stock. For $1500 more you can get a Neon that handles better, stops better, has a nicer interior, easier to work on under the hood...you get the point.

In other words, buy my car so I know it will go to a good home!
I don't know about kc2005ptgt, but I personally would only buy stock so I could do everything myself and my own way.
-Scott

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #135 (2005 SE)

Return to “Off-Topic”