I hate craigslist and people

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Ramroid
2GN Member

I hate craigslist and people

Post by Ramroid » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:12 pm

We've all been there. Spent 3 or 4 weeks or more looking for the perfect car. We found the car we want. Right color, right miles, bone stock so you can build it how you want. Price is in the butter zone, so you call the guy.

me-"Is it a clean title?"
them-"no"
Me-*Screams inside my head*
Me-"Oh, well it's way overpriced for a rebuild, thank you anyway"
them-"ok buddy, you don't know what you're talking about..blah blah professionally rebuilt"
Me-"uhhh, yeah" and i hang up.

SAME THING HAS HAPPENED 6 TIMES THIS WEEK. For anyone who doesn't know, rebuilt titles are horrible for resale and insurance purposes. They are worth roughly 60% of what a clear title car is. Regardless of how flawless of a repair it is. If its rebuilt, it's done as far as resale value. Insurance companies won't do full coverage(which is what you should have, unless you're 16 and broke).

Anywho, i hate people who automatically assume rebuilds are worth full price. You suck

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:09 pm

I have no issues getting full coverage on my '01 R title.

I have had full coverage on it since I rebuilt it in 2008. Yes the value of the car sucks, but having full coverage has helped somewhat in settling a few claims afterwards. Tho the last one, my insurance at the time wasn't of much help.

I really need to just put liability on it tho, as the value is probably getting close to less than the premiums for a year. That, and most insurance companies are getting worse at actually standing up for their customers.

It will be retired in the spring anyhow...

And besides, did you really think you got lucky enough to find the car of your dreams, six times, in one week? :lol:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:30 pm

I remember running into similar situations when I originally thought of buying a used SRT by using CL and autotrader. Pretty much why I decided to bite the bullet and get a second job to make payments on a new car.

I hope that things get better and you actually find the perfect car for you. :thumbup:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:13 am

occasional demons wrote:And besides, did you really think you got lucky enough to find the car of your dreams, six times, in one week? :lol:

lol, well...not car of my dreams per-say but a new DD. I'm retiring the neon from daily driving. 14 year old car isn't as comfortable as i'd like, plus potholes and Ohio drivers make me nervous. So i'm planning on dropping some money on something from 2010+.
occasional demons wrote:I have no issues getting full coverage on my '01 R title.

Well, my local rip off artists(Nationwide..they're not exactly on your side) denied full coverage on a BMW i was looking to buy. I always go check out and quote coverage before buying a car. Wise beyond my years, i know :rofl: But after bitching and complaining, they offered full coverage..for the KBB value..which was less than a used tranmission. So i said not worth it.
Midnight_Rider wrote:I remember running into similar situations when I originally thought of buying a used SRT by using CL and autotrader. Pretty much why I decided to bite the bullet and get a second job to make payments on a new car.

I hope that things get better and you actually find the perfect car for you.

I can find used, clear title SRT's around here dirt cheap. Do i want one? Nope. They've been rode hard and put up wet lol. The thing is, i hate people and their inability to understand that rebuilt titles aren't worth that much. I actually had a guy call me back and tell me i was an idiot...3 hours after our conversation ended..unprovoked. It's like i called his kid stupid or something.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:49 am

A lot of insurance companies don't like to put full coverage on cars ~10 years or older, regardless of title status. In most cases, they just aren't worth insuring.

I am actually surprised they still let me have full coverage. What I am afraid of, is when I transfer all my good parts to the clean title 2000 shell, they then will deny me full coverage, due to the 2000 being 15 years old.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:16 am

occasional demons wrote:A lot of insurance companies don't like to put full coverage on cars ~10 years or older, regardless of title status. In most cases, they just aren't worth insuring.

I am actually surprised they still let me have full coverage. What I am afraid of, is when I transfer all my good parts to the clean title 2000 shell, they then will deny me full coverage, due to the 2000 being 15 years old.
Yeah, thats a big issue. I have collectors insurance on my 87 GNX, but she's a garage queen so i'm basically paying for peace of mind. I love my 02 to death, but they're dropping my full coverage when i have to re-up in feb, so i'm swapping to something newer for my DD.

Anyway, you and gramps are getting me off topic about my hatred for people on craigslist. Shame on you two.

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:35 am

The fact of the matter is... you're right. Folks (on Craigslist) are retards for trying to sell R-titled garbage for full value. I've run into it before and it pisses me off as well. If you are driving an R title car, great for you, but don't try to sell that garbage on to someone else and expect it to be worth what a properly, unmolested car is worth. And I agree, generally insurance companies will not put full coverage on an R titled car. I would never buy one.
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:44 am

Meh, insurance companies will total an older car at the drop of a hat anymore. They likely get kickbacks from the automakers, or gov't subsidies for operating as such.

Progressive inflated the damage to my '01 to over $4000. It only really needed a hood, upper tie bar,headlamp assy and a driver fender/paint. They even had the antenna being replaced, to insure it was a total loss.

I had it repaired at a body shop, with Mopar parts for $2500. Basically what they gave me for it.

While you really have no idea the extent of damage, if it was a newer car, it would still have a clean title in most cases. Unless the insurance/shop reports it, it will never show up on a carfax report. Ignorance is bliss....
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:18 am

Ramroid wrote:...you and gramps are getting me off topic about my hatred for people on craigslist. Shame on you two.
:hiding:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Return to “Off-Topic”