R.I.P.

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
occasional demons
Junior Admin

R.I.P.

Post by occasional demons » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:42 am

Eddie Van Halen, Johnny Nash, Mac Davis, Helen Reddy ...
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Re: R.I.P.

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:29 am

All of them were among my junior high school radio heroes. I remember Howard Wallowitz singing Davis' "(Baby Baby) Don't Get Hooked On Me" to Penny on "The Big Bang Theory" pilot episode. Did you know that Davis also wrote "In The Ghetto", the big hit for Elvis? I had just purchased a quadraphonic two-fer SACD of Helen Reddy earlier this year also. Never had any of Van Halen's CDs but I did have a cassette of their "1984" album (good grief, how old does that make me?). I really didn't care for David Lee Roth and then there were all of the "debates" about Van Halen after Sammy Hagar took his place. And Johnny Nash with the original version of "I Can See Clearly Now" and "Stir It Up"- early exposures of reggae music for Americans on AM radio in the '70's.

I'm very sad.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:59 pm

David Lee Roth....

In the beginning, he was decent, but time has not been his friend.

Overall, I can't say I have been a huge fan, given he should have quit when he would have been remembered in a better light.

I prefer to use Van Hagar for the Sammy years, because it was a totally different band. At 70, Sammy can sing circles around DLR at 66. While Sammy may not be 100% of what he was when younger, he can still carry a tune, which is far more than DLR.

NSFW...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IZ9uCt ... e=emb_logo
Society is so cruel these days, just look at everyone watching and not calling an ambulance
Dear God, it just hit me, this is what kicked off 2020. God help us.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:06 pm

Wow, the "performance" in that video is just awful. I do wish that these stars would know when to quit... I mean, we still have the CDs if we want to hear them in their prime.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:25 pm

Spencer Davis...
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:00 am

https://youtu.be/BuQ3PaFyb9A

Another one gone? Dang...

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:29 am

Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:28 am

Jerry Jeff Walker...
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Off-Topic”