Custom Bezels by Brian Casey

Did you buy a part and think it was awesome, or did you think it was a piece of crap? Let everyone know here so we know not to buy the same product.
ThatKevin
2GN Member

Custom Bezels by Brian Casey

Post by ThatKevin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:34 pm

I recently bought a custom bezel from Brian Casey (from the SRT4 Parts For Sale page). I chose to pay a little more and buy it from him because he was posting pictures of his work and it looked awesome! On November 15, 2012 I sent him the money for the work and I mailed him my bezel, lower cubby, defrost button, traction button, and power outlet. We had agreed on $175 for a double din mount, two gauge pods in the pass vent, and my buttons relocated to the lower cubby piece. He also offered to throw in a relay so I could bypass the parking brake ground. It cost me $25 to ship all my stuff out to him.

On Wednesday, December 5th, 2012 he told me "It should be done by the weekend." I received a message and picture of a completed bezel on Thursday, December 13, 2012. He said "I've got bezel done. Hope to have cubby piece done tomorrow. Sorry, I'm running a little behind." I told him it was no problem, just to let me know when it was completed and shipped.

I asked for an update on December 22, 2012 since he hadn't told me anything in over a week. He told me it would take another week to finish the lower cubby piece. On the 27th he let me know he was about to start working on it again. Tuesday, January 1st, 2013 he messaged me saying it would be finished and shipped by the coming Friday. Saturday, January 5th I asked if there were any problems. He told me he was sick and didn't do anything. At this point I was starting to get really pissed off. I understand shit happens, but this is becoming too much. Unless it's a serious sickness, I don't see a reason not to work, especially on overdue stuff. Personally, I have NEVER taken a sick day, and I work roughly 60-80 hours a week.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 I asked if there was a chance it could be shipped out for the following day. He had an emergency with his son apparently and had not completed the lower cubby piece. Once again, on the 23rd I asked if it could be shipped for the following day (friday), I was told "I hope so." The next day he sent me a pic of the cubby in the process of being finished and said that he would ship it out priority as soon as it was done.

Finally, the lower cubby was done. He sent me a picture on January 27th showing the completed work. It was shipped to me on January 30th. I received it on February 9th, 2013. When I got it there were a few issues.

1. He had forgotten my defrost button, and the relay
2. There were cracks all over the bezel and cubby piece
3. Bezel had paint chips all over too

I told him about the issues, and he offered to fix them if I shipped it back to him (at my expense). I declined, because I knew it'd be another month at the very least before it would be done, and another $25 for shipping. He then offered to make me a new one if I shipped back mine right away, I declined that as well. I'm not going to be waiting for a new one and have no radio in the mean time. He decided that he would make and send me a new one (along with my missing relar/defrost button) and when I got it I could ship back the broken one. The cubby I would either have to fix myself, or send it back to him so he could fix it (at my expense).

When I went to put in my AEM gauges in the bezel, they didn't fit. I told him, and he said I'd have to sand the pods down so they could fit. I was upset with that. I ordered a CUSTOM bezel, why do I have to do more work to it? In the beginning I told him I had AEM gauges and he said they fit no problem. It's not a big issue, but it would've been nice to know this ahead of time.

Friday, February 25th, 2013 I was sent a picture of the completed bezel and he said it would be shipped out. I got it in the mail today (Monday, March 11, 2013). Once again, I sanded out the pods so the gauges would fit. I took the old bezel out and as I was taking out the gauges the two pods ripped off completely.

I told him everything was received and swapped out, he asked for me to ship back the old bezel so he could fix it and sell it. I told him I would need roughly $30 for shipping. Since none of this was my fault, and I've paid enough as it is already. He told me to just keep it, he's too busy for this.

The bezel looks good from far away, and in pictures. There are lots of imperfections, uneven molding, and little cracks. I'm not impressed at all, but I'll deal with it at this point.

Overall, I would not recommend his services to anyone. I found the wait time was excessive, and the final product did not live up to the description originally given.
'02 Chrysler Neon RT - SOHC 50trim+Crane 007 ---DEAD---
'05 Dodge Neon SRT4 - DSP & bolt ons ---SOLD---
'08 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - MS1Kv3
Progress Log

Johny
2GN Member

Post by Johny » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Damn dude, 175 for that.. fuck that.

Sucks though, I woulda raged and did a dispute with PayPal with the pics you took. oh well
www.JohnyR.net - Web development

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Johny wrote:Damn dude, 175 for that.. fuck that.

Sucks though, I woulda raged and did a dispute with PayPal with the pics you took. oh well
$175 + $25 (shipping to him) + $25 (custom fees) = $225 :(

It was past 45 days, couldn't dispute it.
Progress Log

Arro
2GN Member

Post by Arro » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Geezus mang, for that much hassle you could have bought some resin and fiber material, for as much time as it took to get the part, in half that time you could have spent your weekends learning how to make your own.

Hell, you could have made a one-piece from your own mold.

Brian Casey FTL.
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it.
- A - R - R - O - 2000 - NEON SE - // - 2003 - SRT-4 -
Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651950
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #22

sxxxt
2GN Member

Post by sxxxt » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:34 pm

I call my self the fiberglass king cuz my stuff won't break and always looks good..... But I don't do it any more or try to stay away from it cuz it takes so much time.... Iv been working on blackRT(Corey's) mirrors and his friends for 2 months.. It's hard to put all the time that's needed directly on a small but big project.... I almost bought one of his bezels cu I didn't want to make another custom double din bezel , but this post will garentee that I will only have custom
Work done by myself...

Thanks for the honest post... And sorry you had to go through so much trouble...

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 pm

You got to love how they will string you along to get it past the 45 day period.

It sucks, but when it hits 30 days, you have to get nasty. Personal issues or not, they are running a "Business" and business is business...

Had a guy on ebay try that crap with me on a set of SRT knuckles/rotors/calipers. The idiot totally misjudged shipping charges, and I won it for $50. (free shipping) Needless to say he kept dragging his feet getting it shipped. I even offered that he could toss the rotors, as they were junk anyways, to save shipping costs. He still didn't ship.

So I ended up getting my money refunded through ebay, and destroyed his perfect rating.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:36 pm

^ Nice.
As for the OP, damn that is some BS! I would be pissed. Whats his username on srtforums?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

RobsProjectSOHC
2012 Gold Contributor

Post by RobsProjectSOHC » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:48 am

Sorry to hear you got jipped like that. Sad that there are people in the world that do shit like this. Understandable that it takes time, but if you dont have the time, then dont take peoples money expecting it be alright if you slack off. Smart on keeping the broken one and having him pay for it back, but for him to turn around and say no on sending it back, makes ya wonder. BAN BRIAN CASEY ACT!!!!
Project 003. Just building a Daily Driver with some upgrades.
For Sale Thread | CarDomain | FeedBack
Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies Club" Member #119

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Well, I guess it's time to bring this up again. I had forgotten about this, and at this point didn't really care anymore, until Brian Casey decided to contact me. Why? I don't really know. Instead of sending a private message with his concerns he made a public post. If you're trying to sell a service/product I don't know why you'd want to bring negative attention to your name.

There are a few more comments, if you're really interested go look for yourself :rofl:

I originally posted my review here on 2gn for the reasons listed above. I feel I'm known more here and have some sort of (hopefully positive) reputation. There are tons of new posts everyday on the FB and stuff gets lost pretty quickly, so I thought it would be a waste there.

BUMP :rofl:
Progress Log

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 am

This is the exact reason why I don't do custom work on the forums. Although the work looks like it was done very quickly and if he had taken his time x could have been a quality piece. Fiberglass and any custom work always takes time which most of us nowadays just don't have... im glad I know how to make my own stuff. Is be pissed to receive some thing like that.

Glad you got it fixed man. I'm sure with s little love it will be prefect

sirvaliant_98
2GN Member

Post by sirvaliant_98 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 am

I'm on the facebook srt fs page more than here anymore. Now I have not purchased anything from him cuz nothing he does is my style. I have seen his stuff pop up for sometime and he has always said "ok these will be the last run" of the bezels. I have reason to believe his initial workings where of a much higher quality, thus the reason he has a nutswinger fan defending him on your review post on facebook. Maybe you have omitted stuff, Idk nor do I care. You posted up a honest review here with your experience, which is a shitty experience and he should have offered some kind of refund. To say this is why he doesn't ship to Canada is total bullshit. We all have shipped items to Canada with zero issues. Maybe he just doesn't know how to package delicate items.
2002 r/t with srt-4 swap, stg3, 11.68@119.76

my feedback

Return to “Parts/Product Reviews”