MPx 60MM Throttle Body ***Large Pictures*** DYNO Results!

Did you buy a part and think it was awesome, or did you think it was a piece of crap? Let everyone know here so we know not to buy the same product.
DoubtedNeon
2GN Member

Post by DoubtedNeon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:29 am

are people throwing codes with atx's? or in any car at all? just wondering whats up!
Swordfish2Cowboy wrote:They left a pry bar? Well get the prints like they do on CSI, and track those fuckers down. Then cap them.
grindpunk16 wrote: You and about 2 dozen other folks want that cover. It came with the car, and it's all mine.. :twisted: :bootyshake: \:D/

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Progress?

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:16 pm

ALD52 wrote:Has anyone made any progress with this issue?

I recently installed a MPx 60mm TB on my '03 Neon R/T, and most of the time the car runs great. However, about once a week or so it is throwing the P0068 TPS/MAP correlation code, which usually goes away when I turn the car off and on again, then the car is fine for another week. After I first installed it, the code came up more often, but after a few days it became less and less frequent.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it will come on.

Is there an aftermarket PCM that will override this? Any chance this will eventually go away completely?
I wonder if the TPS could be tweeked enough to get the voltage within the "window" for the manifold pressure, without getting a "TPS voltage too high" code. My theory is the MAP is rising too fast for the TPS output, so the NGC freaks out. The trick would be to get the TPS voltage to read higher sooner, but still be within the max voltage parameter. It might be done with an adjustable vacuum switch so when the pressure in the mani rises closer to atmosphere, the switch can be dialed in to bypass the TPS and send a WOT voltage in place of the actual voltage for that position. I think if the "correlation" is closer then the code may not be set.
Basically the bigger TB is going to the WOT MAP value too soon for the TPS value, so one would think that getting the two back in sync will fix the CEL. But like I said it's just a theory...
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:10 pm

post ressurection

i just bought one :) wOOt

reviews when i get it.

CSMaverick07
2GN Member

Post by CSMaverick07 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:45 am

neonslg09 wrote:post ressurection

i just bought one :) wOOt

reviews when i get it.
I just got mine last week, these are sooo sick I don't know what I was waiting for :D :D
-Spencer

2002 Neon R/T

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:16 pm

i am happy and unhappy with these throttle body.

happy!: This thing is made only from the finest of machines(er). They did such an amazing job and i havent really seen anything that is that clean. The install went great!! and oh yea, you really need to have that elbow grease handy because those intake couplers do not wanna work with you :thumbup:

unhappy!: The throttle body didnt come with everything it needs. The IAC adapter plate it came with, provided two screws. These screws were like 1/32 too small so it would thread but i could pull them right out. It also didnt come with anything to hook up that greenish hose in the front. i dunno what its used for but yea. had to shove that in until i go to the hardware store.

performance: it gave me insane throttle response!! i was like wow, i cant believe i have been used a shit throttle body for the last 3 years. It pulls alot better from 80+ (mind you that i am automatic). very good addition for me.

supporting mods:
aem cai
obx lth
full 2.25 exhaust

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:56 pm

neonslg09 wrote:i am happy and unhappy with these throttle body.

happy!: This thing is made only from the finest of machines(er). They did such an amazing job and i havent really seen anything that is that clean. The install went great!! and oh yea, you really need to have that elbow grease handy because those intake couplers do not wanna work with you :thumbup:

unhappy!: The throttle body didnt come with everything it needs. The IAC adapter plate it came with, provided two screws. These screws were like 1/32 too small so it would thread but i could pull them right out. It also didnt come with anything to hook up that greenish hose in the front. i dunno what its used for but yea. had to shove that in until i go to the hardware store.

performance: it gave me insane throttle response!! i was like wow, i cant believe i have been used a shit throttle body for the last 3 years. It pulls alot better from 80+ (mind you that i am automatic). very good addition for me.

supporting mods:
aem cai
obx lth
full 2.25 exhaust
so from ur point of view it was worth it ? and how much did u pay for it ?
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:59 pm

worth it with mods. just an intake? hell no its not worth it. and i paid retail for that bitch. 300.[incl. IAC adapter]

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:09 pm

neonslg09 wrote:worth it with mods. just an intake? hell no its not worth it. and i paid retail for that bitch. 300.[incl. IAC adapter]
lol. ok.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:16 pm

lol :D find a used one. it should be perfect enough.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:59 pm

Build a ghetto IM. Get one of the Autozone CAI straight pieces (the chrome one), chop off enough to slide into the 3" ABS tube with enough sticking out to put the silicone coupler on. That gives you a matched IM inlet to TB outlet size. You will like your 60mm TB a lot more.

Something like this, my first version of this IM

Or use the 45º bend if going long runners (Like pictured) to match the oem angle to the factory air box. I almost went that route.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:07 pm

i dunno how to create a IM though :(

Return to “Parts/Product Reviews”