Gabrial Ultra struts.

Have some questions about how to achive better handling and stopping power using different springs, upgrading to coilovers, questions on swaybars, bushings, different rotors, pads, ect... Having any steering problems or questions about steering racks, tie rods, tie rod ends, ect... ask these questions here.
TN.Frank
2GN Member

Gabrial Ultra struts.

Post by TN.Frank » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:11 am

Well, since I started working at AutoZone I did some checking and I can get a complete set of Gabrial Ultra struts for about $200 bucks with my discount. I was thinking about KYB G2R's but they'd be about $50 + shipping more. Do ya'll think the Ultras would be ok for a daily driver using SRT-Springs. Another nice thing, the Ultras would have the rear sway bar mount so I'd not have to buy anything extra to mount my rear bar.
?You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.?
-Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:21 am

Well the KYB Gr2 do come with the rear sway bar mount. i don't know anything about the ultras to give you an opinion on those.
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

latief
2GN Member

Post by latief » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:40 am

FYI, sometimes on ebay, the kyb GR2 are cheaper than $200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-KYB- ... enameZWDVW

the gabriels are currently on ebay for $140,

check them out !!

TN.Frank
2GN Member

Post by TN.Frank » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:19 pm

I'd just like something a bit better then OEM. I'm petty sure that the Ultras would work, just wonder if anyone has any first hand knowlege of em'.
?You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.?

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Thu May 01, 2008 2:10 am

Never heard of 'em.

Donkeypuncher
2GN Member

Post by Donkeypuncher » Thu May 01, 2008 11:10 am

I've heard of them, but never heard of anyone using them on thier car. Mostly I've heard of them being used on trucks, but the quality is said to be not so great.

I guess you could bite the bullet and be the first to try them out. Personally, I think the gr2 are probably the best bet. They can handle a mild drop just fine and have a very nice ride, maybe slightly stiffer than stock.

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Thu May 01, 2008 11:26 am

Donkeypuncher wrote:Personally, I think the gr2 are probably the best bet. They can handle a mild drop just fine and have a very nice ride, maybe slightly stiffer than stock.

Mild = Eibach Sportlines :rofl:

Just wanted to clarify :thumbup:
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

PhdHater
n00b

Post by PhdHater » Tue May 13, 2008 9:15 pm

Hey TN.Frank, just a heads up, I just got a set of Gabriel Ultra's for my wifes car on ebay, the buy-it-now was $140 but the guy accepted my offer of $100 for all 4 corners and that was shipped. SO for $100 I am going to try them out for sure. Here is the link if you are interested http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... %26fvi%3D1
Preventing the purchase of a new car, one mod at a time....

2003 Neon SXT 5sp, SRT springs and sways, Tokico struts

onewickedkid05
2GN Member

Post by onewickedkid05 » Tue May 13, 2008 9:26 pm

TOKICO all the wayyyyyyyyyy :)

expensive sure....warranty is short..sure........but i loveeee them :)

im pretty sure my skunk2s are one of the roughest springs you can buy lol
CLICK HERE TO SEE MY PROJECT LOG
viewtopic.php?t=29281

Image[/u]

TN.Frank
2GN Member

Post by TN.Frank » Sat May 17, 2008 11:15 am

I'll be using SRT-4 springs so I won't have much drop. It's going to be between the Ultra and KYB G2R struts depending on budget at the time of order.

Return to “Suspension, Steering & Brakes”