---DELETE PLEASE---

Have some questions about how to achive better handling and stopping power using different springs, upgrading to coilovers, questions on swaybars, bushings, different rotors, pads, ect... Having any steering problems or questions about steering racks, tie rods, tie rod ends, ect... ask these questions here.
OB
Former Moderator

---DELETE PLEASE---

Post by OB » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:09 am

Ive heard good things about this combo. please give me feedback and pics. I was gonna do coilovers but its too much for what i need. also, can i use a rear sway bar with the above setup? thanks guys

ps im open to other suggestions, but im not interested in cheap or ebay stuff so dont bother lol. thanks
Last edited by OB on Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

Knoxville_R/T
2GN Member

Post by Knoxville_R/T » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:22 pm

I have that combo and to me it is nice. Not too bumpy or hard. When I bought the car it had blown struts on these springs. I ordered the hp blues b/c like you, I needed something but didnt have the money to get coilovers. I did have the rear swaybar since i have got a 01' r/t and yes these have the tab for it.
Only one problem with them. The mounting holes are not oblong so that will need to be done so that you get your car realigned.

I have had them on for a little over a year now and still just like new. plus they have a warranty for a drop up to 1 3/4" which is close to what mine is.

I will have to get some pics up for you. I had some on my car domain with the cheap 15" wheels that I got but man do they look nice with my 16" r/t wheels.
-Brian

Rest In Peace Brian
February 20, 1985 - August 21, 2012

2004 Black "KNEE YAWN" SRT-4
3" Maxxfab SEE, S2 WGA, Mopar BOV Plate, Fighters CAI, Samco IC Hoses, QW's DF IC, Hotchkis Sways
Soon to come:
Werks rear Strut Bar

2001 Red Neon R/T**Gone** :(

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:34 pm

thanks for the info. what do you mean about the allignment? i didnt understand what you meant, im a bit retarded when it comes to suspension so please explain further.

anyone else have some feedback?
-Derek

ilpadrino
2GN Member

Post by ilpadrino » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:52 pm

When you mess with the suspension of the car, you mess with the body's integrity and all that good stuff. Just a rule of thumb: when you lower the car, you need to get it aligned.

I have the Blues as well. Very nice quality. I have the Dropzone springs though. Overall, it gave a nice drop, and it's not that bouncy but I imagine the coilovers gotta be heaven---but I don't have that money so yeah, here I am.

The springs were cheap. I think like 85. The struts were 250 shipped.

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:18 pm

i got a guy who can get me the blues and the prokit for 500 new. i know about having to align the car after suspension, but i didnt understand what was meant by the post above my last one regarding the holes being oblong or something needing to be done to align the car?
-Derek

Knoxville_R/T
2GN Member

Post by Knoxville_R/T » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:05 pm

ok look at this pic here.

See that oblong hole? Now my blues did not have that when I got them.(they do have the tab for rear swaybar though so dont let this shy u away from them.) I had Firestone make them look like that though. Not hard to do and didnt cost me but like $20-$40 for it. I am sure you could do it at home but i had the car there and on the alignment machine so I told them to go ahead and do it. But you will need that so they can fix the alignment. Now I did get the blues when they first came out so they may now come with the oblong holes. Other then that I have had no problems out of these since I got them.
-Brian

Rest In Peace Brian

3" Maxxfab SEE, S2 WGA, Mopar BOV Plate, Fighters CAI, Samco IC Hoses, QW's DF IC, Hotchkis Sways
Soon to come:
Werks rear Strut Bar

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:12 am

oooh ok i gotcha. thanks ill keep that in mind. so i cant get them alligned without those holes?
-Derek

Knoxville_R/T
2GN Member

Post by Knoxville_R/T » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:36 pm

U can but they wont be able to adjust taht part of it.( cant remember if it is camber or caster.)
-Brian
-Brian

Rest In Peace Brian

Soon to come:
Werks rear Strut Bar

nodestiny
2GN Member

Post by nodestiny » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:20 pm

WAIT!

Unless you get the "crash bolts". Smaller bolts that have "Lobes" to them. Less modification to make them work, but some are weary of them popping out of place. You can get them at the dealership or online, and you dont have to mod anything to use them (just replace the top strut bolts.)
NoDestiny: 2004 SXT Silver MTx: CAI, Mag Intake, Mag header, Custom made mufflers, Grounding kit, Mopar STS, boogers, Eibach springs, Rear SRT4 struts, 29mm + 24mm hotchkis sways, MPx UPD, Street Prothane MM, P-werks rear strut tower bar, Lots of fun goodies inside, see WWW

Knoxville_R/T
2GN Member

Post by Knoxville_R/T » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:25 pm

Yes you can go that route and get the "crash bolts" but like you said some say they have come out. So its either pay about $40 for the strut holes to be bored out some or keep paying $40 for new crash bolts as they come out. Crash bolts are really made for a wrecked car but people have used them for struts with out the oblong holes also.
-Brian
-Brian

Rest In Peace Brian

Soon to come:
Werks rear Strut Bar

rice_eater
2GN Member

Post by rice_eater » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:16 am

how can the crash bolts "come out"?? they still have a nut on the other end just like the stock bolts....it may move slightly side to side, but there is so little difference between the stock and crash bolts its hard to even know which is which (at least hte dealer ones that dont have the little tabs like aftermarket ones do). i have wondered about the camber slipping a little bit though, but i hope the engineers thought this through a little bit and as long as everything is torqued properly this shouldnt be an issue (fingers crossed). how often have you heard of this happening?

i too suggest you get the oblong holes done by a shop, unless you dont plan to go hardcore with your setup, in which case you shouldnt even bother reading this. negative camber is nice, but you're really only using it to increase the grip of the car on the limit, and slightly helping hte turn in, otherwise not much else for your daily driving. the reason it helps is as you turn the corner, your rubber will stretch to one side making it lose grip, but since you have the weel pointed in the opposite direction, the stretch has to be a lot bigger to overcome it. you can go up to -2 degrees in the front without ruining your tire life and thread wear, though you only need very little in the back. i use -1.5 in the front (crashbolt +oblong strut hole) and -.5 in the back and it really helped high speed turns. on my race tires i still have a lot of outside wear so they could use even more camber, but for daily driving it's pure joy. i have to almost wrestle the car to make the car oversteer like i want :twisted:

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:55 am

ok heres what i want outta my suspension: improved handling, lower stance, reliability, ride quality. I dont intend to race much so adjustability isnt an issue, Id get coilovers but its not necessary. So having said that, do i NEED to get the holes cut/use crash bolts, or can i have the car alligned like any other car and continue to drive on the street and highway without worry? thanks very much for your info guys keep it comin.
-Derek

rice_eater
2GN Member

Post by rice_eater » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:41 am

dont bother with the slots. get decent suspension and it'll more than make up for it. that stuff is more if you really push it. besides, you can get -2 degrees of camber by simply using 2 camber bolts per side. even if in reality it lines up to less, you'll still have plenty

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:14 pm

so ill be cool just buyin the springs and tokicos and throwin em on and havin the car alligned? ill be set to drive after that?
-Derek

rice_eater
2GN Member

Post by rice_eater » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:14 pm

orangeblastsxt wrote:so ill be cool just buyin the springs and tokicos and throwin em on and havin the car alligned? ill be set to drive after that?
no, you'll still have to put the stickers that came with the suspension somewhere really visible on the car to let all the riceboys know you mean business. keep it gangsta meng

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:11 am

you callin me a riceboy or is that sarcasm. hopefull the latter.
-Derek

Knoxville_R/T
2GN Member

Post by Knoxville_R/T » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:04 pm

all sarcasm man lol
-Brian

Rest In Peace Brian

Soon to come:
Werks rear Strut Bar

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:16 am

ok lol. I think you'll find me to be quite the opposite in terms of exterior styling (cuz so far I dont have any lol). but im gonna have to take one for the rice team on the straight thru muffler i plan to get i guess, theres just no way around it.
-Derek

60trim
2GN Member

Post by 60trim » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:00 am

Once upon a time I put like five different suspension companies on my car at one time... some of which didn't even make suspension for our car....that dropped me 10 inches yo...into the ground with verbal abuse and using ricer loosly. j/k man Keep her asleep man 8)...THE END :lol:
2003 Silver SXT - Totalled
2005 Silver Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Turbo -Daily
1990 White SR powered 240sx - My sliding slut.

I miss my neon at times. She treated me well and taught me a lot about cars in general. I will always have a special place in my heart for these cars. Heres to the 2gn community.

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:42 pm

lol. anyways, this thread is dead :)
-Derek

Floyd
2GN Member

Post by Floyd » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:38 pm

...ya

I have the Eibach pros and tokico blues also...nice ride and over all not too pricey :twisted:

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:22 pm

whats the drop like on yours? i wanna get as many pics and opinions as possible. please post pics, especially if the car looks close to stock on the ouitside since mine is at the time
-Derek

Knoxville_R/T
2GN Member

Post by Knoxville_R/T » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:54 pm

I can get you some pics of my car with the stock 16" wheels. I believe I have some pics on my computer somewhere from when I had put some 15's on the car for a while also. If I remember I'll get them for you.
-Brian
-Brian

Rest In Peace Brian

Soon to come:
Werks rear Strut Bar

Floyd
2GN Member

Post by Floyd » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:17 am

I need to add some newer pics but you get the idea...

Return to “Suspension, Steering & Brakes”