Quicky ?... OEM struts, front and rear..replace

Have some questions about how to achive better handling and stopping power using different springs, upgrading to coilovers, questions on swaybars, bushings, different rotors, pads, ect... Having any steering problems or questions about steering racks, tie rods, tie rod ends, ect... ask these questions here.
Pablodragon
2GN Member

Quicky ?... OEM struts, front and rear..replace

Post by Pablodragon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Quicky question... I know my rear OEM struts are bad... (actually leaking)...
since all my struts are original, is it a given that the front stuts will need to be replaced also at this time?... or not nessisarily?

(mileage is over 90k )
2004 SE... doin it one piece at a timeImage

Donkeypuncher
2GN Member

Post by Donkeypuncher » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Most people do all 4, but you could do just the rears if you want. Mileage is pretty high though, probably better to do all 4.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:21 am

As long as the car is not bouncing going down the freeway, you can do the rears now, and the fronts later, as you can afford it. The main thing is you are not replacing one side, and not the other.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:16 am

with that in mind, you'll save more money doing it all 4 at once and getting the car properly aligned. Otherwise you'll be loosing money in either multiple alignments or unnecessary wear do to poor alignment.
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

Return to “Suspension, Steering & Brakes”