Another option for lca bushing

Have some questions about how to achive better handling and stopping power using different springs, upgrading to coilovers, questions on swaybars, bushings, different rotors, pads, ect... Having any steering problems or questions about steering racks, tie rods, tie rod ends, ect... ask these questions here.
a23dranger
2GN Member

Another option for lca bushing

Post by a23dranger » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Saw this posted on fb from a fellow neon member Greg. Moog has come out with a pretty neat lca bushing for neon and pt cruisers. Around 20 bucks and Press in like stock. Going to try a set out on my 01acr and 95 nyg. If this is old news or posted before please disregard. Been a while since I've posted up on here.

http://www.moogproblemsolver.com/moog/w ... _Sheet.pdf
96 ranger 5.0,4wd,atx swap, jd lift and more, oem+
98 ACR 67k
01 ACR-R/T

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Re: Another option for lca bushing

Post by NickKo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:40 pm

Now this, is interesting !!! :-k

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:30 am

Very nice, now how are their horizontal bushings? If they have decent horizontals, I can see these easily outselling ES and Prothane.
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
Seriously people, this is 2019 not 1920.
2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:26 pm

damn i would have gotten these instead of prothane if i knew about them.

$20 on rockauto.com so they are about the same as the energy or prothane kit.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

04R/T
2GN Member

Post by 04R/T » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:55 pm

I bought a rage tek LCA kit a few years ago but never installed it. Didn't install them because they weren't sealed and from experience with a set of Manny Z rear lateral arms, I knew these wouldn't last long on the street. I paid about $250 for the rage tek kit.

These Moog control arm bushings are like the rage tek bearings except they're sealed and will last. :thumbup:

red2k2rt
2GN Member

Post by red2k2rt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:16 pm

Theres a vendor on SRTForums that is selling a better LCA replacement than the rubber or prothane.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f250/?p ... ysprune=-1

a23dranger
2GN Member

Post by a23dranger » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:56 pm

Yeah those are nice but these are a nice cheaper option . I still wouldn't mind those real tune ones at all
96 ranger 5.0,4wd,atx swap, jd lift and more, oem+
98 ACR 67k
01 ACR-R/T

esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:15 pm

HUGE performance upgrade for forward traction. With stock bushings and even polyurethane, the flex causes toe out during acceleration. That severely hurts traction.

To get into some more specifics, when you accelerate, the control arm is pulled toward the front of the car. The bushings flex and allow this to happen by design. (Cheap to manufacture) When the control arm moves forward, the hub must pivot on the ball joint, as the distance from the steering rack increases. Since the distance is increased, it has the same effect as shortening the tie rod, or steering. Both sides do this the opposite direction, so in effect, the tires are pulling away from each other, encouraging slipping. For the same reason you wear tires out when your alignment is off, your traction also suffers. This product solves that problem, so you no longer need to toe in to get launch alignment, causing worse traction in braking. Set it to zero, trust it's right, camber in just a hair to compensate for unloading of the front suspension in launch, and you will have the best launches you and your tires can provide.
ASP - First NGC SOHC in the 13s and the 12s. First SOHC neon over 500whp. First NGC Neon on MS.
Winston Churchill wrote:Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by NickKo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:27 am

esteinmaier wrote:HUGE performance upgrade for forward traction. With stock bushings and even polyurethane, the flex causes toe out during acceleration. That severely hurts traction.

To get into some more specifics, when you accelerate, the control arm is pulled toward the front of the car. The bushings flex and allow this to happen by design. (Cheap to manufacture) When the control arm moves forward, the hub must pivot on the ball joint, as the distance from the steering rack increases. Since the distance is increased, it has the same effect as shortening the tie rod, or steering. Both sides do this the opposite direction, so in effect, the tires are pulling away from each other, encouraging slipping. For the same reason you wear tires out when your alignment is off, your traction also suffers. This product solves that problem, so you no longer need to toe in to get launch alignment, causing worse traction in braking. Set it to zero, trust it's right, camber in just a hair to compensate for unloading of the front suspension in launch, and you will have the best launches you and your tires can provide.
Really interesting. :-k I never knew about this, much less thought about it before.

Thanks, Erik !! :thumbup:

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

Return to “Suspension, Steering & Brakes”