Rear lower control arms?

Have some questions about how to achive better handling and stopping power using different springs, upgrading to coilovers, questions on swaybars, bushings, different rotors, pads, ect... Having any steering problems or questions about steering racks, tie rods, tie rod ends, ect... ask these questions here.
Sims426
n00b

Rear lower control arms?

Post by Sims426 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:43 pm

Does anyone make billet lower control arms for neons? Is there any desire for these? I have a buddy who has a CNC machining center and I could probably take measurements and have something drawn up for him to make if there was enough call for them. Any other options?
Thanks guys!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:36 am

If you can generate enough interest, to where you would be selling them, you will need to request to become a vendor here to sell them.

You could also pay ~$100 to become a vendor on neons.org if you don't care to apply here for relatively free. (AFAIK there isn't a charge here. Donations are welcome tho. )
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
epic

2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

Sims426
n00b

Post by Sims426 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Definitely would play by the rules, I was just curious if anyone made them, and if people want/need them. I like the anodized billet look, would look nice under the rear end. Anyone have any info, or links? If not I may make a set and install them.

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Yes Dcr and tunergeeks both makes some rear lateral arms. That's what they are technically called. Dcr sells them as cheap as $125 shipped. So I'm sure if you could make some and compete with that price that you could sell some. Make a prototype and reveal it to people and then go from their on if u offer them or not.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

bigbird
2GN Member

Post by bigbird » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Everytime it dings someone in your county does a ricer flyby.

Neons are just smart like that... heydockyle

valleyracer
n00b

OEM arms are OK

Post by valleyracer » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:53 am

Turns out, the OEM rear c-arms are "adequate" for anything but track use and very aggressive suspension set up.
The adjustable c-arms (in the hyperlinks) are great for alignment and track day camber/caster/toe etc.
If you want better rear suspension action (contribute roll stiffness, prevent brake lift etc) - then change the c-arm OEM bushings. They just disintegrate and the OEM c-arms are just waggling around.
Here's a good photo before you get billet or such - try the bushings.

Return to “Suspension, Steering & Brakes”