Suspension rebuild

Have some questions about how to achive better handling and stopping power using different springs, upgrading to coilovers, questions on swaybars, bushings, different rotors, pads, ect... Having any steering problems or questions about steering racks, tie rods, tie rod ends, ect... ask these questions here.
SzaKrisz86
n00b

Suspension rebuild

Post by SzaKrisz86 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:54 am

Dear All,

I have a Chrysler Neon gen. 2 2.0L 4 speed ATX and I would like to rebuild the suspension. I live in Hungary and there are few spare parts available for Neon. What's available they are also unrealistically expensive so I have single option only: I have to order parts from abroad.
How trustworthy is the AM autoparts company, is it worth it to order spare parts of the suspension? (As far as I know the AM auto parts is the exact same company as 1A auto parts.)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Control-Arm-Ba ... 0040.m2060

My another question is that the Dodge's/ Plymouth's suspension parts fits to Chrysler? (If I know it well the Chrysler Neon (Exp. to Canda and Europe) is the same technically to the Dodge Neon.)

Thank you in advance for your answer.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Suspension rebuild

Post by occasional demons » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:50 am

If you can source Moog Brand pieces, I would go with those.

As far as the Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth, neons are all the same 1gn to 1gn and 2gn to 2gn. The only changes were the name plates and other minor cosmetic items.

Domestic neons had other differences in the 2gn's between the 2000 to 2002 and 2003 to 2005, but as far as I know, exports used the same fascia's and headlights throughout.

But as far as suspension parts go, you should be able to use them from any 2gn neon.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Suspension, Steering & Brakes”