Worn rear control arms

Have some questions about how to achive better handling and stopping power using different springs, upgrading to coilovers, questions on swaybars, bushings, different rotors, pads, ect... Having any steering problems or questions about steering racks, tie rods, tie rod ends, ect... ask these questions here.
Albius
2GN Member

Worn rear control arms

Post by Albius » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi guys.
I just finally got the car repaired of the rear main seal and timing kit some days ago.

I got the suspension system checks and they told me that rear control arms are worn out. Mostly in the drivers side.

As I they no longer in OEM and probably would be expensive as f*ck , I just looked in other suspensions parts brands, but they are identical to the 1G ones.

So that is my scenario

What can I do to solve this? Moog parts doesn't seem to have them either. Aftermarket bushings are the best way to go? If so, which model is appropiate for my 2005?

Thanks!
Regards from Mexico.
..:: Albius ::..

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Re: Worn rear control arms

Post by JeremyJ » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:29 pm

DCR sells upgraded arms that are adjustable. You can get them in a hardcore version with heim joints, or you can get them with bushing ends. They're pretty affordable IMO.

https://darrellcoxracing.com/shop?olsPa ... rms&page=1
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

Return to “Suspension, Steering & Brakes”