Modern Performance!

Have a good experience with a dealer? Have a bad experience with one? Post it here.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:06 pm

I got my 3rd clear brake light and that neon fender gripper in 2 days. Mp rules!

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

WiTeOuT
2GN Member

Post by WiTeOuT » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:06 pm

KUDOS to the gods of Neon performance deals. Modern has done me good 7 times over! Everytime I order from them they have great service, great shipping times, and great prices! Most recently I got my plug wires in 3 days! ROCK ON!

Wisher2
2GN Member

Post by Wisher2 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:58 pm

Well I am going to have to go out on a limb and say the Modern is by far the best. So far I have purchased a AEM CAI, MPx underdrive pulley, Mopar Motor Mount, Inserts, Timing belt. I ordered a 1gen UDP and they sent me the right belts but a 2gen pulley. Although I could have used it on my R/T, I am in the process of hooking up my 97 so I called them up and they said they would send me the right part. The only problem I had with recieving the part is that the Fed Ex guy I guess didnt want to part with my part. Well I finally recieved the part and sent them the other pulley back paid for by them...............Awesome customer Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:13 pm

You guys really say that their prices are good? I don't have much to compare them to, but they seem steep to me. $500 for a big brake kit?
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

J-Villa
2GN Veteran

Post by J-Villa » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:52 am

500 isn't bad at all for a big brake kit....some run in the thousands
Wanna Sell Me Your 2gn??
Official I sold my Neon Member #004

quicksilvr
Former Moderator

Post by quicksilvr » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:23 pm

Modern Performance is by far and away the BEST store to buy Neon/SRT-4 specific parts from. They don't necessarily have the lowest price on every single thing...but if you tell them a competent competitors price, they'll match it. Well, they have for me. I don't think I'm too special to them. :lol: Their customer service is A++++, and they're knowledgable. Can't be beat in my book.
-Dave
2001 Dodge Neon R/T

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:52 pm

yeah modern is the shyt they corrected a defective product that i didnt stress concern about almost 6 months and they replaced it with no questions asked and even gave me a credit. awesome company.
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:04 pm

Ordered the Thermal R&D exhaust. They told me they had to special order it, and it could take up to 4 weeks for me to get it.

I got it 4 business days later. Excellent service, great pricing, amazing customer service!

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:19 am

Ordered vibrant exhuats ona tuesday there by saterday very happy i didnt expect them till monday tuesday mabe love it gonna be ording some tial lights in the fututre and im sure a whole lot more of my paychecks will go to them =D
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

FTWNeon
Former Moderator

Post by FTWNeon » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:44 pm

I have to say that they have me pretty pissed off right now. Ordered a set of brakes pads for the front and rear on the 1st. Took them five days to tell me they didn't have them in stock. Took several days to respond to my e-mail and tell me it would be a week before they would come in. Sent two e-mails and they were never responded to. try calling and no one would pick up the phone. Two weeks later I finally get an e-mail says the fronts have been shipped and the rears have not and doesn't give me any idea when I'll get them. I have a race this weekend and my car is still on jackstands and I still need to get an alignment.

If I had known it was going to be this much trouble and take this long I would have gone somewhere else to begin with.

All my previous experiences had been great, I didn't think this one was going to be any different.
-Dave
2001 Dodge Neon ACR
1986 Subaru BRAT

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Thu May 08, 2008 9:00 pm

FTWNeon wrote:I have to say that they have me pretty pissed off right now. Ordered a set of brakes pads for the front and rear on the 1st. Took them five days to tell me they didn't have them in stock. Took several days to respond to my e-mail and tell me it would be a week before they would come in. Sent two e-mails and they were never responded to. try calling and no one would pick up the phone. Two weeks later I finally get an e-mail says the fronts have been shipped and the rears have not and doesn't give me any idea when I'll get them. I have a race this weekend and my car is still on jackstands and I still need to get an alignment.

If I had known it was going to be this much trouble and take this long I would have gone somewhere else to begin with.

All my previous experiences had been great, I didn't think this one was going to be any different.
I'm going to jump on this wagon yet again. They are like hot and cold with me. It seems like they are cool people as long as I'm throwing all my money at them, but when I ask them for a favor they blow me off. Don't I have some influence since I have given them like 8 grand??!?

Most recently they sent my my $100 3" SRT O2 housing, but it didn't come with bolts to install it. I tapped out the old ones from the stock O2 housing, but they are way to small for the mounting holes in the new one. I sent them 3 e-mails, and left them a voicemail and they still haven't gotten back to me 2 weeks later. I bet if I call them and say I want to buy something they will be all over it!!!
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

onewickedkid05
2GN Member

Post by onewickedkid05 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:20 pm

Well i ordered my tokico Blues on Saturday and they arrived today i was expecting them to take much longer.....I have yet to be screwed by them :rockon:
CLICK HERE TO SEE MY PROJECT LOG
viewtopic.php?t=29281

Image[/u]

spencersummerfield
2GN Member

Dont know how mucn I like MP anymore....

Post by spencersummerfield » Fri May 23, 2008 5:00 pm

So to make a long story short, I bought this back in March..... and it has taken until today to get to my door.......

Firts it was lost by USPS, and then modern " found" it magically after I called 10+ times.... and then they re shipped it...
and I got this.

Header is the right on WRONG gasket, and it is all banged up and beaten.

There is nothing WRONG with it but cosmetically not what I expected form dealings with MP in the past.

The re packaged the ripped up broken box with a large piece or cardboard and taped it all up.

The box that the header itself was in was open and torn and just plain pointless. I mean if you have a package that is shipped and then get returned to you because you don't know how to ship internationally. then at least re package it.. don't double wrap it and make it sloppy....

Modern Performance I am not impressed.

P.S. Since it took FOREVER to get here it will be for sale.

sorry if this is off topic but I had to vent.
2008 Audi A3 - 6 Speed, 2.0T S Line

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Fri May 23, 2008 7:01 pm

that sucks!
Any chance of contacting them for a refund?
Maybe someone here in 2GN has a contact over and MPx and maybe than can help you get the problem resolved....

modernceo
2GN Member

Re: Dont know how mucn I like MP anymore....

Post by modernceo » Fri May 23, 2008 8:17 pm

Sadly, the boxes that the headers are shipped in from the manufacturer to us are very poor, and single wall thickness. They should be at least double wall thickness. We have told them multiple times about this.

I understand you are frustrated with some of the nicks in the header, but once you install the header, and fire up the car for the first time, youll see all of the pretty black paint flake or burn off anyways so it doesnt matter. The paint is really only to protect it while its in storage from oxidizing.

As far as us "magically" finding the package, I doubt thats the case. Whenever a international package is lost by USPS, it takes at LEAST a month to get back to us, and theres absolutely NOTHING that can be done to find it, locate it, etc by USPS.

Im sorry your dissapointed, but Im also very glad I could take the chance to explain the situation above since it seems you got the wrong impression.

[quote="spencersummerfield"]So to make a long story short, I bought this back in March..... and it has taken until today to get to my door.......

Firts it was lost by USPS, and then modern " found" it magically after I called 10+ times.... and then they re shipped it...
and I got this.

Header is the right on WRONG gasket, and it is all banged up and beaten.

There is nothing WRONG with it but cosmetically not what I expected form dealings with MP in the past.

The re packaged the ripped up broken box with a large piece or cardboard and taped it all up.

The box that the header itself was in was open and torn and just plain pointless. I mean if you have a package that is shipped and then get returned to you because you don't know how to ship internationally. then at least re package it.. don't double wrap it and make it sloppy....

Modern Performance I am not impressed.

P.S. Since it took FOREVER to get here it will be for sale.

[img]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/ ... C_6107.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/ ... C_6108.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/ ... C_6108.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/ ... C_6105.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/ ... C_6111.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/ ... C_6112.jpg[/img]

sorry if this is off topic but I had to vent.[/quote]

modernceo
2GN Member

Post by modernceo » Fri May 23, 2008 8:23 pm

These arent advertised as coming with bolts, and they are not packaged by our fabricator with bolts either.

We carry some in stock, and could have easily provided some if you had asked for them at purchase time, but for 99% of the people who order them, they are using it with our downpipe and we provide bolts for that connection but not for the 02 housing to turbo.

Ill look into providing them in the box for the future. I know it wont help you now, but Ill try to work on it regardless.

[quote="yellowpatrol"][quote="FTWNeon"]I have to say that they have me pretty pissed off right now. Ordered a set of brakes pads for the front and rear on the 1st. Took them five days to tell me they didn't have them in stock. Took several days to respond to my e-mail and tell me it would be a week before they would come in. Sent two e-mails and they were never responded to. try calling and no one would pick up the phone. Two weeks later I finally get an e-mail says the fronts have been shipped and the rears have not and doesn't give me any idea when I'll get them. I have a race this weekend and my car is still on jackstands and I still need to get an alignment.

All my previous experiences had been great, I didn't think this one was going to be any different.[/quote]
I'm going to jump on this wagon yet again. They are like hot and cold with me. It seems like they are cool people as long as I'm throwing all my money at them, but when I ask them for a favor they blow me off. Don't I have some influence since I have given them like 8 grand??!?

Most recently they sent my my $100 3" SRT O2 housing, but it didn't come with bolts to install it. I tapped out the old ones from the stock O2 housing, but they are way to small for the mounting holes in the new one. I sent them 3 e-mails, and left them a voicemail and they still haven't gotten back to me 2 weeks later. I bet if I call them and say I want to buy something they will be all over it!!![/quote]

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Fri May 23, 2008 8:37 pm

modernceo wrote:These arent advertised as coming with bolts, and they are not packaged by our fabricator with bolts either.

We carry some in stock, and could have easily provided some if you had asked for them at purchase time, but for 99% of the people who order them, they are using it with our downpipe and we provide bolts for that connection but not for the 02 housing to turbo.

Ill look into providing them in the box for the future. I know it wont help you now, but Ill try to work on it regardless.
And I would have asked for them at the time of purchase, had it been advertised on the website that the stock bolts did not fit. Although when I called and placed my last order I asked the representative if you guys had the bolts and he told me that you did not. He said you do not carry bolts for any applications. This obviously contradicts what you've just told me. It's not too late to send me some ;)
FEEDBACK

spencersummerfield
2GN Member

Post by spencersummerfield » Fri May 23, 2008 8:59 pm

This is not so much a matter of me being upset about any costs... i guess. but when it say that it comes with a MLS Gasket and Plainly shows a Mopar gasket then that what one is to expect.

i understand a header is not something "easily" packaged, but I called numerous times because USPS lost the package and more than once the customer service was horrible.

I was told that no tracking number was available, I had to call 3 times to get the " customs" number which IS a tracking number..........

and I tracked it down, i realise it was NOT MP fault it was lost, but when I call and let them know it is missing the reaction on the other end of the phone was " and what do you want us to do about that"...

Modern I am happy I finally have this, it is too bad it took as long as it did because I had to spend $100 in the mean time to get my existing one to work.

This issue will not tarnish my opinion of MP, but it will surly stick with me.

I encourage people to buy from them , but just be careful of tracking etc.

As far as a refund I wish I could have got that instead of the product as i had to fix mine and now it works. so I may sell the Kirk. This is not moderns fault but USPS.

I would like to sum up that I will keep buying form Modern, and no doubt they are the best Neon Store anywhere but the customer service needs some work.

And take the picture off your website if you do not ship it with that gasket.
2008 Audi A3 - 6 Speed, 2.0T S Line

krc21
2GN Member

Post by krc21 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:43 pm

Little frustration with whoever answers the phone at modern performance.. I understand its a large company and you probably have alot of people that call in but someone needs to tell the people on the phone to atleast act like they want your business.. I went to order some boogers today and the only reason i called was because i placed an order earlier in the day and forgot to add the boogers in with it.. The guy on the phone basically said sorry man your gonna have to order them again online.. i wanted to save the hassle and i said well i can just give you my card info.. he said "no.. you can order online".. I was like wtf.. I mean its no big deal because they have free shipping anyways but damn.. atleast act like you want some business..

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:21 pm

Well they used to take orders over the phone. I wonder if they stopped. Strange...
FEEDBACK

krc21
2GN Member

Post by krc21 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:31 pm

right on there website it gives two numbers.. one for questions and one for orders.. I called the one for orders and he told me no order it online.. just thought it was odd..

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Modern Performance: Share your experience

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:42 pm

This all stemmed from PhillyLS1's project log....so more people can now offer experiences good or bad from this vendor. Now they don't have as much of a distaste as Mopar Super Center does in my eyes after that big botched lie....but here goes my MP stories:

I have two.

1. I ordered Hawk brake pads and were told they were low dust. They are as far from that as they could be. However....that's not the larger issue it was just a story.

2. I ordered almost 2k worth of parts from them. Kindly asked for no signature service I wouldn't be home to sign. I got signature service anyways and had to chase my parts for three days and drive over an hour to pick them up. In this purchase was an MPX TB for an SRT4. Now for starters the O-ring was enormous and never would have fit underneath the TPS sensor properly.

Second...my car drove itself. They neglect to inform you that you can only run your vacuum lines one way...or you throw CELs and the car drives itself repeatedly.

Not to mention they never give you a tracking number for phone orders even after you call multiple times.

At least they price matched the oil pan to a cheaper price and I got the cam gears I wanted. They also have no comprehension of spelling names....that caused an issue when I went to pick it up too.

Now share yours.....positive and negative.

Turbo Kitteh wants to know:

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Eh Ive only done 2 and they were both fine, Clutch for the acr it does sort of erk me that they dont advertise it as what it is (MP clutch is a PT clutch)

Fuel pump showed up within a few days everything is fine.

That being said I dont like a few things about them:
1.) They treat people like idiots(heard this several times)
2.) MPx branding rarely is (most parts done similarly before)
3.) Prices usually higher than competition
4.) I get the vibe that they believe we as the neon community owe them a debt, 90% of the products they have can be had by any other speed shop. Sometimes not in stock but they can still get it.
5.) I for reasons Ill never quite understand still like and respect Gary Howell and would rather support a true innovator

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:55 pm

I have four different occasions with dealing with MPx.

1. My very first order with them was also my largest. I ordered Eibach Pro-kit Springs, and Tokico HP Struts for my car since the existing struts had blown due to Skunk2 springs, but anyways. The package had arrived in 3 DAYS! It was super fast shipping and my order status was updated the whole way thru. I was very pleased with there order.

2. My second order was not as large but still about $100 dollars. I bought the Vibrant Strut Tower Bar and Prothane Motor Mount Inserts. They also arrived in a matter of 3 DAYS! I was full of joy because of the short shipping for it.

3. Things get a little gloomy. My third order was a single item but was super pricey. I ordered the MPx 60mm Throttle body for a 00. So of course I had to fish out the extra twenty fucking dollars for a wonderful adapter piece for my IAC sensor. THEY DID NOT UPDATE THIS ORDER AT ALL! If it was for their site, i would have still not received my order, as it sits today, as order processed. Lone behold i get the throttle body in 4 DAYS, I'm so filled up with excitement so i tear the box open. I notice, "hey where is the adapter?" I look at my receipt and hand-written it says "Out of Stock, Will Ship Seperate" I was like WHAT?! I would have not purchased it if i had known there were no adapters in stock. This pissed me off so i had to wait for 1 WEEK to get that piece of shit. Also, my throttle body did not come with a vacuum fitting needed for [idle?] so i had to source that myself.

4. Frustrated. My fourth order never made it to me. I was going to buy some RAYS Locking LugNuts for my car. The ones colored black. I had placed my order and two days later i get an email saying, "The lug nuts are on back order, would you like to wait for them to arrive? or would you like your money refunded to me. I said, Eh, I'm in no big rush, I'll wait. 1WEEK and 3days had passed before i said fuck it, I'm cancelling. I had called them to cancel and they told me the lugs would be in that week. I said ok, I'll wait TWO DAYS. Those days passed. Lugs didn't come. I cancelled my order. Havent ordered from them since.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:56 pm

Blair: In regards to number two on your list:

I bought an MPX Front strut tower bar back in 2005, and about a year later I get all sorts of people asking me why I have an Ebay Strut tower bar....talk about re-branding :rofl:

I do agree with 1, 3 and 5 also but cannot speak on 5 .

Neons: Yeah I don't think I ever got anything fast from them. Maybe the front brake pads....but not the rears.

darthroush
2GN Member

Post by darthroush » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:00 pm

I ordered a few things on a single order and everything showed up in just a few days and it was all there. That gets a 100% from me, but that is also the one and only time thus far I have ordered from them.

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:07 pm

First order:
VHT Tint and MPx oil cap.
No problems from what I remember. Was shipped quickly I think. I dunno, it's been awhile... that was 2 or 3 years ago.

Second order:
Bought the black housing projector headlights when Modern started stocking them. I remember shipping taking awhile longer, but everything worked, no complaints.

Third order:
More VHT tint, this time for my cobalt. Shipped quickly, no problems.

I've never had a problem with modern, but then again, I've never made a large purchase with them.

Now let me tell you about cobalt vendors.........
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:08 pm

well i am with crystal on this one, i ordered several things coming close to the 500 dollar range, and i told them i had to have the parts for the upcoming weekend.... (due to carlilse being just around the corner) the parts got there on time, but no one was there to sign for the parts, the problem came was at the time i was not working the ups store was not open, and i had to wait several days before i got my parts... due to a stupid ass sig.

besides the signing for the parts i have had good luck with them so far... i will prolly be ordering other stuff from them in the future but i will also make sure that the stuff is shipped to my work, and not my home...

i know why modern does make u sign, but if u request not to it would be good if they would follow threw and make u NOT sign
304whp and 285 ft lbs.... 15psi.
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Opi wrote:
Now let me tell you about cobalt vendors.........
If you tell about Cobalt vendors....I'll tell about MPSC :banghead:

grambo
Former Moderator

Post by grambo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Never had a problem with em' and got lots of free T-shirts. This was years ago though.
01' Neon ACR - SOLD - Its Alive!Thx Sean!
06' Subaru WRX STI - OTS Stage II
07 - Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee #0267
01' Dodge Ram 5.7 - The Mall Crawler

Return to “Vendor Feedback”