Howell Automotive

Have a good experience with a dealer? Have a bad experience with one? Post it here.
Canuck_RT
n00b

Howell Automotive

Post by Canuck_RT » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:19 pm

Has anybody lately had problems dealing with Howell Automotive wrt to filling orders or taking forever to get parts(2.5 - 3months).

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:27 pm

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=8883

It's a pretty known issue... there are several people that have had the same problem...
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Canuck_RT
n00b

Post by Canuck_RT » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:32 pm

Thanks Diablo0

SGT BRAD
2GN Member

Post by SGT BRAD » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:23 pm

i know that everyone complains about howell, but my experience has been good regarding time to delivery. i received my afx/r pcm in 3 weeks and 3-4 days for the few other items that i've ordered from them. i hate that others seem to have problems, but i thought i'd share my .02 since gary is one of the very few supporters of the neon community and i hate that he doesn't go to the other org anymore and i wouldn't want that to happen here.
ooh...there's a glimmer of the dream left!!!

Jerome Adams
2GN Member

Post by Jerome Adams » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:28 pm

I have always got my parts from Howell pretty quick but after Gary endorsed the Jet chip (we have had nothing but good reviews from the new jet chips)...I bought one and we all know the end of that story.
Jerome

'03 SXT...DODGE NEON CONES

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #067

teamliviD
ECN Moderator

Post by teamliviD » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:56 pm

Screw Gary and Howell!
Joe
team liviD
2K5 Black SRT-4
2K2 Black R/T..thats right I'm bringing her back!!
2K6 Red Charger R/T

ECN v2.0 IS HERE.....
Support 2gn! viewtopic.php?t=39019

scneonchic
2GN Veteran

Post by scneonchic » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:03 pm

SGT BRAD wrote:i know that everyone complains about howell, but my experience has been good regarding time to delivery. i received my afx/r pcm in 3 weeks and 3-4 days for the few other items that i've ordered from them. i hate that others seem to have problems, but i thought i'd share my .02 since gary is one of the very few supporters of the neon community and i hate that he doesn't go to the other org anymore and i wouldn't want that to happen here.
I dont think he does come here anymore....?

SGT BRAD
2GN Member

Post by SGT BRAD » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:27 pm

scneonchic wrote:
SGT BRAD wrote:i know that everyone complains about howell, but my experience has been good regarding time to delivery. i received my afx/r pcm in 3 weeks and 3-4 days for the few other items that i've ordered from them. i hate that others seem to have problems, but i thought i'd share my .02 since gary is one of the very few supporters of the neon community and i hate that he doesn't go to the other org anymore and i wouldn't want that to happen here.
jaqueline,
i know you're probably right, but the last time i talked with gary he said he absolutely didn't go onto the other org b/c of the affiliation with modern and the constant bashing. it seems that it has picked up here in the past 6-8 months as well. there have been at least 3-4 threads that have ripped him. i have had good experiences with gary and just hate to lose one of the few neon providers out there. talked with a honda guy today and was frustrated hearing about the huge aftermarket they have and the pitiful one we deal with. oh well.
ooh...there's a glimmer of the dream left!!!

c2k
2GN Member

Post by c2k » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:23 pm

WTF

Imma have to pay diablo0 to make sure that nobody gets the name 'canuck' since Im the UNIQUE canuck evAr! :P

kidding ;)
c2k aka Canuck_2k

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:48 pm

SGT BRAD wrote:
scneonchic wrote:
jaqueline,
i know you're probably right, but the last time i talked with gary he said he absolutely didn't go onto the other org b/c of the affiliation with modern and the constant bashing. it seems that it has picked up here in the past 6-8 months as well. there have been at least 3-4 threads that have ripped him. i have had good experiences with gary and just hate to lose one of the few neon providers out there. talked with a honda guy today and was frustrated hearing about the huge aftermarket they have and the pitiful one we deal with. oh well.
He doesn't like me either as well as I'm not to fond of him after having to take care of an incident when I'm about 600 miles away in Atlanta on business for a week last year. I only had maybe 1-2 other moderators at the time to help watch over the forum since 2GN wasn't all that big. What happened was another member and him were arguing back and forth. I asked that he not feed the fire b/c it's hard for me to take care of the situation when I'm only able to see the forum on my PDA phone. Low and behold the argument is still going on with other members joining in that have just registered after I lock thread and whatnot. I ban the other member and temporarily ban Gary just to keep everything under control until I get home and can evaluate everything. I also say that if it is brought up again those people will be banned as well... I mean come on, I'm 500 miles away working trying to settle this over a little pda phone that was a POS. The situation really got out of control over a part Gary sells with the member voicing their opinion on the quality of the part. Next thing I have is e-mails from Gary asking why he's been banned and I explain that it was until I get back home and can look at everything. He demands that he be unbanned b/c he didn't do anything to break the rules to which after a few more e-mails I unban him as long as he agrees not to bring the argument up anymore. After a few more e-mails there are also talks of him sending a slander ceis and desist order from a lawyer to the other member on here. After a few days or weeks, I dunno... I'm contacted by the other member telling me about the ceis and desist letter from what looked like an online lawyer and said that the information in the letter reflects that of neons.org since it referenced it in the letter and not 2GN like it was more of a template that has been sent to other people. After mentioning this to some other people I know I get word that they've heard or seen the same thing happen on the .org and many questioned why they've seen it happen a few times. Hearing some of the things I've heard gave me a bad taste and hearing other people talk about the slow shipping doesn't help much. Also just remembered... it doesn't help me hearing from another person Gary saying to them that I have an IPD (Internet Personality Disordor) and INC (Internet Nepolian Complex) which I really don't think is the case as I really don't think I act like god on here being the Admin nor do I act like an ass to people just b/c it's over the internet. If a person of business is going to result in name calling b/c I move threads of his but eh...
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:00 pm

^^^ :rofl:
Yay for gary! I saw him on tricke dout one night helping Andrew Tutolus work on an srt4 - I laughed at mr. howell. :lol:

Ok, sorry. :D
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Wow Jason, slow night? Lots of typing. I have never persoanlly done business with Mr.Howell nor Howell Automotive, however I CAN tell you that I never will. Too many bad things have been said about his shipping and customer service skills.

NeonNick925
2GN Member

howell

Post by NeonNick925 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:25 am

Howell Suck Monkey turds!!!!!!!!!!! they have NO customer service!!! IT TOOK 4.5 MONTHS to get my Turbo kit!! the original order was for the chill factory kit but by the time Gary got off his fat ass to place the order they weren't making the kits anymore so after riding his ass for 2 months about my 5 thousand dollar refund he finally got on the phones an got a hahns racecraft stage 2 turbo kit out which took another month to get! I've spent to much money to be dicked around in the aftermarket,but being a business man i gave him the benefit of the doubt. He doesnt give a shhiiit about customers as long as he has your $$$$$ he's happy. I also purchased the AF/X cunningham front fascia with the grill insert for $1400++ Plus S/H. when i got it the grillis totally wrong & doesnt fit, gary & todd dont care cuz they already took my money, the fiberglass resin has drips running down the front that need to be sanded & RE-Gel coated the RIGHT way! I think i'm dont venting about dumass Gary & Todd!! I'll be & have been buying my parts from turboneonstore.com or moderenperformance or straight from the manufacturer
2000 Plymouth Neon ACR/T hybrid 3 speed auto•now a 5 speed•

henry00x
2GN Member

Post by henry00x » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:12 pm

theyre should just be an intro message to this site that says DONT BUY FROM HOWELL!..cuz 4real they keep dickin neon owners out of hard earned money

JRM
2GN Member

Post by JRM » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:46 pm

henry00x wrote:theyre should just be an intro message to this site that says DONT BUY FROM HOWELL!..cuz 4real they keep dickin neon owners out of hard earned money

:withstupid:

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:20 pm

i cant say nothing bad about em... i've ordered parts from them twice and got my parts in a couple days...

though my buddy GB had a hell of a time getting his parts, so yeah...
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Fuel systems turbo kits and components, tuning, performance parts. Contact us for all of your performance needs.

rice_eater
2GN Member

Post by rice_eater » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:48 pm

well who needs engine parts when you can just buy carbon...

79cutlas
2GN Member

Post by 79cutlas » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:16 am

Ahh, since I'm here..my experiences with Howell. They have the market cornered on aftermarket ECU's as far as I know, well I have a bastard car and I know it. Its a 2001, with a 2002 Magnum engine and a 99 3.94 tranny. The car was also an ATX from the factory and I'm still running the ATX ECU. I WANTED to order the AF/X ECU for my car. I called and spoke to someone at Howell about which ECU I needed to order, AND if it didnt work what was the return policy. I got nothing. I really dont see what the big deal is, its a non-sentry key car, soo the only real ? was do I order the ECU for the 2001, or the 2002, and if it didnt work could I return it. I already have a core ECU which I bought a 2001 MTX ECU from a salvage yard. Everything on the part numbers matched the ATX, but the last 2 letters, which I was told that was the program version. The car wouldnt start, so I assume that ECU wouldnt work in my car. Who knows, it might have been a sentry ECU as I didnt pull the unit or get a look at the car at all. Either way, I never got an answer to my question. If somoene was going to spend $500 on a computer, I think I would at least try to work with them on it. I've heard all the horror stories about them, so i just stopped going there and looking at anything completely. His prices are high, customer service low, and from the people I know who HAVE ordered from him, quality is lacking as well.
2001 Neon ES Flame Red
Magnum Swap
Custom CAI
#14 CAm
Crane Cam Gear
3.94 MTX Swap
Accell 24lb injectors
UDP
SAFC 2
Upgraded Ground

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:53 am

rice_eater wrote:well who needs engine parts when you can just buy carbon...
Carbon forever man :headbang:
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

spindler27
2GN Member

Post by spindler27 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:00 pm

i had a friend order a 2.2L stroker kit from howell in october, or september maybe it was. Either way, a month goes by after the order, no parts, no emails, no updates. So he calls Howell, he says that they have the crank and the rods, they're waiting on the pistons because JE was slacking. Another month, no updates, nothing. He calls and then he is told they have the pistons and crank, but Eagle was slacking on the rods..........ANOTHER MONTH and he calls and they tell him they have the rods and pistons and that they are waiting on the keyway to be cut onto the stroker crank, and if it's 'cut right" he'll be getting his parts in a couple weeks.........ANYWAYS, So, a month later he finally tells me whats's been going on, I went onto the SRT Forums and bashed his bitch ass up and down until he finally made the connection between one of his orders and the friend I was talking about. SO, 4 + months after the order was placed he gets a call from Gary giving him and update to what was going on and said that his order would arrive quicker if I stopped the bashing and apologized saying that I MADE IT UP! So, at this point I now know that Gary Howell is THE WORST vendor EVER. He wanted me to retract what I said, then tell everyone I made it up and THEN he'd ship his parts that he paid for 5 months before, and spent a ton of money on. Gary is a piece of shit, plain and simple, and I hope that none of you buy from him.
05 SRT-4

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:14 am

^^^^^^^^^ So... has he received his parts yet? It's 9 or 10 months after order now..

spindler27
2GN Member

Post by spindler27 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:41 pm

yes, he got his parts over 5 months after payment, it may have even been longer, either way, he didn't do ANYTHING until I started bashing him on the SRT Forums, and even then, he would not respond to our emails, because obviously we would have then had proof of what was going on. The part that got me though was that he had the balls to say he'd ship the parts if I stopped bashing him, what kind of lowlife is Gary?? "I'll only ship the parts you paid out the ass for 5 months ago if your friend stops telling the truth" lol
05 SRT-4

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:40 pm

:shock: wow
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:14 am

whether you get your parts quickly seems to depend on your location...they supposedly have a pittsburgh warehouse, and i'm very close to pittsburgh...it would be very easy for me, or anyone else anywhere NEAR them to drive up and ask where the parts are...a lot easier than say someone from cali, etc....
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Fuel systems turbo kits and components, tuning, performance parts. Contact us for all of your performance needs.

spindler27
2GN Member

Post by spindler27 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:48 pm

SRT-4Store wrote:whether you get your parts quickly seems to depend on your location...they supposedly have a pittsburgh warehouse, and i'm very close to pittsburgh...it would be very easy for me, or anyone else anywhere NEAR them to drive up and ask where the parts are...a lot easier than say someone from cali, etc....
yes, that is true, he is a pos, he pulled the "im part of the BBB" on us a couple times. Meaning: he had great customer service back in the day, and the BBB asked him to join and they have some partnership, now that he feels hes safe, he has the worst business ethics of ANYONE that isn't shut down, he deserves to be though
05 SRT-4

silverbulletidaho
BANNED

Yes

Post by silverbulletidaho » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:16 pm

Yes I hate howell automotive ripped me off $40, bad customer service and got hung up on because i wanted my money back cause of there dumb return policy when for a fact they never shipped it when i cancelled the order. I am very church oriented but NOW I WANT TO BURN ALL OF THEM!
"Easier to find whats wrong, harder to find whats right."

titansxt
2GN Member

Post by titansxt » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:35 pm

Man, a TRIPLE post.
2003 SXT
2005 SRT-4
2gn.org member #26 :tard:
Lemon Neon member #1.
Any or all of the above statement(s) may be entirely fictional and a fabrication. :lol:
ram50rocket wrote: I must had been mistaken in thinking that NEONS.ORG was just for neons.

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:29 pm

You have to remember that Gary dosent deal with most of the orders himself you usualy have to ask for him. I forget the guy who you want to talk to(Ron maybe) and the guy you 100% dont want to talk to anybody remember? Gary should keep a better watch over his business hopefuly his political career is over and he can get back to the shop

04bluesxt
2GN Member

Post by 04bluesxt » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:02 pm

got parts about 3 weeks after they told me they where shipped. And as you can quess they where not shipped when told. They said that all of my parts where in stock when I placed my order, that was the reason I bought from them because I needed them fast to get my car on the road. All most a month before I got my parts

Return to “Vendor Feedback”