FS/T:KY IBP 98 Sport 2.4 SRT turbo, MegaSquirt, $3500 OBO

Trying to sell your Neon and want to get the word out, maybe someone on here would like to buy it from you. Post your Forsale Ad here.
SRTSwap
n00b

FS/T:KY IBP 98 Sport 2.4 SRT turbo, MegaSquirt, $3500 OBO

Post by SRTSwap » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:17 pm

First I would like to emphasize how much I love this car. Unfortunately school takes precedence over the car,
and I simply do not have the time or money to work on it and make it how I want it. It's been my daily driver

since March of 2008. I still drive this everyday so the mileage will change.

Year 1998
PRICE: $3500
Mileage: 140,134
Title: CLEAR
Email: Cerevo98 AT gmail.com

Color: Intense Blue Pearl, dark gray cloth
VIN: IB3ES42Y3WD552072
The Good:

CLEAR TITLE!

Its a 1998 Dodge neon Sport 5 speed with the 3.94 transmission

Power everything, everything works

2.4 caravan block bought from Wicked93gs (neons.org) that was cleaned/decked prior to build

Stock 2.4 crank that was polished prior to build

SRT4 internals (rods and pistons)

new oil pump, water pump, timing belt, head gasket, alternator (all about 10k miles on them currently)

ARP head studs, ARP rod bolts (LS1)

stock SRT4 turbo with about 25k miles on it now, give or take a few. Doesn't smoke, no shaft play when

I put it in the car.

3 ply silicone couplers and T-bolt clamps

Manual boost controller

Mopar Stage 2 WGA

3" downpipe into 2.5 exhaust from modern performance

CX Racing intercooler, and 2.5" piping (Ebay)

Clutchmaster's FX300 clutch with ~10k on it

Innovate LC-1 wideband with XD-16 gauge.

Sunroof doctor fixed sunroof, works perfectly. Even got to use it today!

Autometer boost and oil pressure gauges.

Custom Intake

150 amp alternator

MegaSquirt I V3.0

battery relocated to the trunk

Fattirebicycle's PDC (power distribution center, its the relays/fuses under the hood) mount, and bobble strut relocation.

Just had a 4 wheel alignment, drives straight, new KYB struts on Progress? springs, new strut mounts, and strut bearings.

It rides kind of rough being lowered but not terrible.

Alpine type S 6x9 in the rear, Alpine type S components in the doors/dash

Stock fog lights included.

Brand new rear tires as of November 13th, they are the same as what's on the front..

The not so good/ not really bad:

The driver's side window bracket is broken and the pads are worn, this has scratched the window, it's not too bad but I have all the necessary parts to fix it.

Dents and scratches here and there, the most notable is on the drivers side behind the drivers side door. This never
bothered me so I never looked into fixing it.

No stereo, I'm keeping the one that will probably be in the pictures and don't have one to replace it with. The stock wiring is all in tact and has not been spliced.

Needs a better tune. The tune that is on it is very conservative (runs rich not very advanced timing). Lots more power to be had from a better tune.

The transmission has very recently (within the last 2 weeks of Thanksgiving) started grinding when going into 4th when you shift from 5th, it does it some times into 2nd too. However I have a spare 3.55 transmission to go with the car. Unfortunately I don't have the time or a place to swap the transmissions out. The car is still driveable. As I said, I drive it everyday still.

That's all that I can think of at the moment. I have always used Mobil 1 10w-30 (except for breaking the engine in) and changed it and the filter every 3000-4000 miles. I don't have any reason to be dishonest about the car and I have listed everything that I would fix, replace, or noticed was wrong with the car to the best of my knowledge. I have a few extras that come with the car if I get asking price.
I've owned the car since it had 118,xxx miles on it.

I'd also be interested in trading for a 97-01 Jeep Cherokee + cash, 2nd gen neon R/T, 1g 3000GT VR4

These pictures were taken on Oct. 31st:

Note that the last thing in the video is launch control not bouncing it off the rev limiter.
Video:
http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36 ... orSell.flv

I'm not interested in taking payments.
WTB: 2g Neon R/T

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Re: FS/T:KY IBP 98 Sport 2.4 SRT turbo, MegaSquirt, $3500 OB

Post by Fuzzyneon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:50 pm

SRTSwap wrote:First I would like to emphasize how much I love this car. Unfortunately school takes precedence over the car,
and I simply do not have the time or money to work on it and make it how I want it. It's been my daily driver

since March of 2008. I still drive this everyday so the mileage will change.

Year 1998
PRICE: $3500
Mileage: 140,134
Title: CLEAR
Email: Cerevo98 AT gmail.com

Color: Intense Blue Pearl, dark gray cloth
VIN: IB3ES42Y3WD552072
The Good:

CLEAR TITLE!

Its a 1998 Dodge neon Sport 5 speed with the 3.94 transmission

Power everything, everything works

2.4 caravan block bought from Wicked93gs (neons.org) that was cleaned/decked prior to build

Stock 2.4 crank that was polished prior to build

SRT4 internals (rods and pistons)

new oil pump, water pump, timing belt, head gasket, alternator (all about 10k miles on them currently)

ARP head studs, ARP rod bolts (LS1)

stock SRT4 turbo with about 25k miles on it now, give or take a few. Doesn't smoke, no shaft play when

I put it in the car.

3 ply silicone couplers and T-bolt clamps

Manual boost controller

Mopar Stage 2 WGA

3" downpipe into 2.5 exhaust from modern performance

CX Racing intercooler, and 2.5" piping (Ebay)

Clutchmaster's FX300 clutch with ~10k on it

Innovate LC-1 wideband with XD-16 gauge.

Sunroof doctor fixed sunroof, works perfectly. Even got to use it today!

Autometer boost and oil pressure gauges.

Custom Intake

150 amp alternator

MegaSquirt I V3.0

battery relocated to the trunk

Fattirebicycle's PDC (power distribution center, its the relays/fuses under the hood) mount, and bobble strut relocation.

Just had a 4 wheel alignment, drives straight, new KYB struts on Progress? springs, new strut mounts, and strut bearings.

It rides kind of rough being lowered but not terrible.

Alpine type S 6x9 in the rear, Alpine type S components in the doors/dash

Stock fog lights included.

Brand new rear tires as of November 13th, they are the same as what's on the front..

The not so good/ not really bad:

The driver's side window bracket is broken and the pads are worn, this has scratched the window, it's not too bad but I have all the necessary parts to fix it.

Dents and scratches here and there, the most notable is on the drivers side behind the drivers side door. This never
bothered me so I never looked into fixing it.

No stereo, I'm keeping the one that will probably be in the pictures and don't have one to replace it with. The stock wiring is all in tact and has not been spliced.

Needs a better tune. The tune that is on it is very conservative (runs rich not very advanced timing). Lots more power to be had from a better tune.

The transmission has very recently (within the last 2 weeks of Thanksgiving) started grinding when going into 4th when you shift from 5th, it does it some times into 2nd too. However I have a spare 3.55 transmission to go with the car. Unfortunately I don't have the time or a place to swap the transmissions out. The car is still driveable. As I said, I drive it everyday still.

That's all that I can think of at the moment. I have always used Mobil 1 10w-30 (except for breaking the engine in) and changed it and the filter every 3000-4000 miles. I don't have any reason to be dishonest about the car and I have listed everything that I would fix, replace, or noticed was wrong with the car to the best of my knowledge. I have a few extras that come with the car if I get asking price.
I've owned the car since it had 118,xxx miles on it.

I'd also be interested in trading for a 97-01 Jeep Cherokee + cash, 2nd gen neon R/T, 1g 3000GT VR4

These pictures were taken on Oct. 31st:

Note that the last thing in the video is launch control not bouncing it off the rev limiter.
Video:
http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36 ... orSell.flv

I'm not interested in taking payments.
free bump Wicked93gs is who i bought my car off of! knows his shit im sure the 2.4 is flawless
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

TheNumberOneD
2GN Member

Post by TheNumberOneD » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:04 pm

not sure i can see it in the pictures,

Does the Car have AC?
~Daniel

'2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

DOSneons
2GN Member

Post by DOSneons » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:51 pm

that car is beautiful

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:53 pm

dam i kinda want it. wish i had money.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

BlackRT?
2GN Member

Post by BlackRT? » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:58 pm

THis car has been sold on the neons.org. It has a new owner thats on there as well.. mods should delete/lock this thread
aspturbo.com
98 r/t 1gen 2.4l crane 22s batmowheel 366
e85 because racecar

2000 srt4 35r crane 18s aem ems daily driver

Return to “Cars For SALE”