Lock her up!

Trying to sell your Neon and want to get the word out, maybe someone on here would like to buy it from you. Post your Forsale Ad here.
D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Lock her up!

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:49 am

I have for sale here a 2002 Dodge Neon ES trim. Car was bought back in September last year. It has been a great car and I have done a ton of work to it since picking it up. Alas, I now have a new neon to build and I need to have this one gone to fund the new project. I'm gonna try and keep this straight and to the point for folks interested in the car. The asking price is $2,000 to start and is BEST OFFER. The odometer reads at 139,254 (This is my daily driver at the moment so this will go up) HOWEVER that miles on the cluster are not 100% accurate due to a head rebuild. The car had a new cylinder head with new valves, valve seals, and guides as well as head gasket, timing belt, tensioner and water pump installed right before I purchased it.

THE GOOD

-New refurbished cylinder head
-New head gasket
-New water pump
-New timing belt
-New belt tensioner
-New ignition coil
-New plugs and wires
-New upper and lower motor mounts
-New Transmission mount
-New ALPINE TYPE R 6x9 rear speakers
-New PIONEER 3-Way 6.25" door speakers
-New KICKER DS350 3.5" dash speakers
-New SONY MEX-BT3000P in dash receiver (satellite and HD radio ready, Bluetooth hands free calling and audio streaming, IPOD control. Aux input, and MP3/AAC/WMA playback)
-New official HURST short throw shift selector
-New Depo "Raccoon" style headlight assemblies
-New Fog light assemblies and bulbs
-New interior (including carpets, seats for front and rear, door panels, rear deck, dash, airbags, and center console.....car originally had tan interior...now black full swap.)
-New interior lighting (replaced all OEM green bulbs in the cluster, heating and A/C controls, door locks, and window switches with new blue LED light bulbs to match exterior colors.
-New custom powder coated valve cover
-New Custom designed and powder coated all aluminum drain-able oil catch can
-New Custom powder coated cold air intake
-New alternator drive belt (done 11/27/2012)
-New power steering and A/C drive belt (done 11/27/2012)
-New rear brakes (Brand new drums, shoes, adjusters, springs, and wheel cylinders on both sides(done 11/16/2012))
-New wiper blades (done 11/28/2012)
-Ice cold air and cooking grade heat!! :)

THE BAD

-BODY DAMAGE. (please see pics or email to schedule a showing of the car)
-Needs new tires. (have two steel rims on the front with somewhat decent tires but would recommend new rubber on all 4....original aluminum rims included with purchase)
-Could use new struts (struts are OK for daily but are showing age......will include a decent set of low mile strut assemblies complete with springs, isolators, stops, and mounts)
-Could use ball joints and control arm bushings in the near future....not bad just yet.

All I can think of off the top of my head for now but, I am sure there is more. The car runs like a bat out of hell and other than the body damage is actually in pretty darn good shape. The car was undercoated from the factory as far as I can tell from the time spent under it (which has been often lol). Clutch still holds pretty well, and the alignment isn't completely off like some cars of this age.
You can check out the project log here-> viewtopic.php?t=59811 and all the photos I have of the car and parts replaced over the year I have owned it.
I checked the VIN through auto check and it seems that the car was rear ended back in 2008 and that is where the rear end and roof damage came from but it seems it has had no other real issues in it's life other than the snapped timing belt before I bought it. I have loved the car and hope it finds a good home while I set my sights on my new neon. I don't have a cell right now so Email or PM are actually the best way to reach me.More picks available on request

To a 2GN buyer I will Include anything from the stock pile of goodies left in my parts for sale thread including the red trunk lid. I AM ALSO WILLING TO DRIVE 2.5-3 HOURS IN ANY DIRECTION FOR MEETING POINT :rockon:

Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Last edited by D-Railed_Neon on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MY PROJECT LOG My Old 2002 ES AND My 2003 SXT

It is not that we cannot be friends, it's that you are a zombie, and I am almost out of ammo. -Someone

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Almost 50 views and no feed back??? Come one guys need to get this thing sold quick but can't tell if it is a fair deal without some feed back on it. Let me know what you guys are thinking and I can adjust the deal accordingly....the price point is just a starting point guys. Come on 2gn, please help me find this little skittle a good home. Thanks guys!!

It is not that we cannot be friends, it's that you are a zombie, and I am almost out of ammo. -Someone

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Probably due to your location. And people don't like clicking links. If it was SRTforums you would get an infraction for posting a craigslist ad lol

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 am

Thanks for the input and the location does suck. I am willing to drive a couple hours any direction to help get the car to someone halfway if that helps.Also, I will edit it and post the info from the add....we will try that. lol Thanks again :thumbup:

*edit: Done!

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Bumpin it up. Shoot me some offers guys, worst I can say is no!!! All offers entertained!

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Bumpin it up!

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 am

BUMP. Any offers please?!

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Man, $2700 is pretty steep for the body work that quarter panel needs, IMO. I know higher mileage but straight-bodied Neons are going for less than half that around here.
el. oh. el.

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Lucky for you guys. Average neon with high miles round here is 4-6k neonparabola and Jerome Addams could attest to that. The motor is damn near new in this thing and newer suspension parts kinda takes care of the high mileage thing. Keep in mind guys its BEST OFFER!. Its one of the cheapest neons on local Craig's list and there are quite a few offered there. Just looking to make something here but so far every comment has been pointing out the incredibly obvious and not a single offer has been given :banghead:

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:03 pm

It's America man, I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything. You're on a cheap-ass forum lol, people want more for less.
el. oh. el.

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:07 am

Most of us are mechanically inclined and can even do body work but theres a point at where the body work required time/labor just isn't worth it.

That said most just buy a clean shell......or at least one with simple damage to fix......

The mechanics part is easy.

FWIW there are tons of neons on craigslist in all cities for $2500-4000. The reason there are tons is because they aren't selling because people want to much.

The question isn't what people are aking for, it's what they are selling for.

I can tell you what I am buying them for.......

Srt swapped 00 totalled rear end. $700 ( probably bought it back from insurance for peanuts and just wanted to make a few extra dollars )

00 loaded mtx light hit rad support and bad clutch $1000 ( I was being impatient )

1 owner garaged 03 mint ATX bad head ( head burned between 1/2 ) and gasket. $600

01 MTX ( my DD ) Bad body work roof and rear quarter $800.

And what they sell for.

The mint 03 after complete head replaced with valve job + pcm and other odds and ends. $2000
If the parts car is cleaner rust wise than your car, swap the inner dash panels (VIN) and use the parts car with your title.
But don't street race..!!??

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am

D-Railed_Neon wrote: so far every comment has been pointing out the incredibly obvious and not a single offer has been given :banghead:

Either make an offer, or move on.....

:thumbup:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:08 pm

occasional demons wrote: Either make an offer, or move on.....
:thumbup:
Thanks OD :rockon:

Also, bump for lowered price.....again

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Bump

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:59 am

Lock her up!!! Little Blue found herself a new home today :rockon:

Also,.....the Project log will soon be updated with the new toy :twisted:

Return to “Cars For SALE”