2005 SXT MTX 74k Miles -- See Picture though...

Trying to sell your Neon and want to get the word out, maybe someone on here would like to buy it from you. Post your Forsale Ad here.
Codyman
2GN Member

2005 SXT MTX 74k Miles -- See Picture though...

Post by Codyman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Alright, first off, let me just say I'm not necessarily selling yet because I am in an argument with my insurance over the value of the vehicle / what it would be to fix it. They say it's a "total loss" on there end, but I think that's because I'm in Los Angeles and body shops around here charged out the nose to fix even fender benders. So I might end up getting it repaired / keeping it, but then I thought I would pick some minds out there / maybe find some interested parties that might be handy with some body work and might end up wanting a near flawless vehicle that is completely unmolested. I never raced this thing / always was conservative with it as it was my daily driver (I thrash my Jeeps, not this car...)

My car was parked outside my apartment when it was struck by a hit and run (probably drunk, driver). Anyways, let me break this down:

1) The car before the accident was 99% in perfect condition with no real dings/scratches/mechanical issues. The paint was/is flawless. This car runs as good as it was when I bought it brand new. The maintenance has been up to date and I just literally replaced the front brakes three weeks ago.
2) Despite the damage, this car runs/drives fine EXCEPT the left driver side tire is blown from the impact. If the tire was replaced and if the rear brake light was fixed, this car would be still drivable and street legal.
3) KBB/NADA say this car, sold private party, is worth $5500 bucks. Obviously in the condition it is now, not worth that....

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is, what do you think I could get for this car, considering the above facts/condition, just to sell it as it is right now for someone who is maybe savvy with body work. My dilemma is that since I bought this car 7 years ago new, my job has changed and I'd probably want to get a bigger/different vehicle anyways and since I have another vehicle already, I don't necessarily need this one right this second (even though this was my daily driver).

What do you think would be a fair price for this vehicle in the condition it is in? (Be fair/conservative)

Picture here of damage: http://i.imgur.com/YsQJQ.jpg
The liquid on the ground in the picture is from the radiator fluid leaking out of the vehicle that hit me. Like I said, nothing mechanical was damaged on the car, just body stuff.

Anyways, here's a rundown:
2005 Dodge Neon SXT (Silver)
5 Speed Manual
74,xxx Miles (Original Owner)
Upgraded stereo with Aux Input
Booger Bushings to firm up the shifter
Tinted 50% in backs, 25% up front
Good tread on tire (195/60R15) but back tire now blown out
Still drives (if given new tire or spare put on)
Oil changes every 3k miles
This car was under warranty up until only a couple months ago!!!
2005 SXT MTX
K&N Drop-In Filter
More to come...

thttxboy
2GN Member

Post by thttxboy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:05 pm

by the looks of it honestly does not look that bad. I would say take off the rear bumper and tailight and see what kind of damge there is. If it was my daily (beater) I would slap a new bumper, tailight, and tire on it and continue to drive it. I would think if there was no frame damage $1500-$2000 in that condition is fair

chew*
2GN Member

Post by chew* » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Rear tail light housing is pushed preety good. You can see the gap trunk to taillight.

Basically this car will always leak from taillight now even with new gaskets and siliconed in place.

my car was hit almost identical prior to me owning.

Other than a rear quarter clip which is very time consuming to do right considering its more of an entire side of car clip to be factory........it will never be the same.

In your case, junkyard bumper same color + foam insert and crash bar, try banging the tail light housing back out from inside with a flat piece of wood and hammer.

Might want to check the suspension arms for bends to.

Sell.
If the parts car is cleaner rust wise than your car, swap the inner dash panels (VIN) and use the parts car with your title.
But don't street race..!!??

Return to “Cars For SALE”